As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] [GAME OVER-SPIES WIN]

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So the only way to stop spies is to not take them on missions?

Yes, there is no player elimination.

Aw, I wanted to gut spies with my knife. Oh well :(

what would you do if you were a spy? or is the bottom line that you wanted to gut someone?

If I was a spy, I would gut myself. But since I'm still standing, I'm not one :P

Can't argue with Thalia's logic. I think she has you beat Egos. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Well nothing to go on right now, other than myself being resistance. So I'm just going to go with

Team members: Myself, Tayrun, Mi-go

Of course I'm voting yes

MrBody on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    MrBody wrote: »
    Well nothing to go on right now, other than myself being resistance. So I'm just going to go with

Team members: Myself, Tayrun, Mi-go

Of course I vote yes

While expected, you still technically need to send in a vote.

EDIT:

Just in case it isn't clear, everyone PMs me their vote, then I say who voted what once their all in. You can discuss it or even say what you are voting in the thread, but you need to send a PM to me.

Capfalcon on
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    I vote yes for this because if Mi-go was a spy he would have killed himself, and MrBody and I have both said we're not spies so that's fine! :D

BEST RESISTANCE FRIENDS FOREVER

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    the 2 player missions pretty much have to succeed regardless or else the spies would be narrowing it down quite a bit.

I am captain obvious ; -) oblivious :(

I was just reading the missions top to bottom.

Egos on
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »
    BEST RESISTANCE FRIENDS FOREVER

High five!

Unless the mission fails. Then I will probably gut you or Body. Or both to be safe.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Tayrun is clearly a spy, but he won't sabotage us this early. No reason to suspect mi-go or Body yet, so I'll vote yes.

edited August 2012
    Corwin Wallace leaned against the back wall of the Resistance Operations Center as the Body outlined the unit's first mission. This Resistance cell had been freshly formed to undermine Imperial activity in this sector of the Capital by assembling willing members from all over; this would be a dangerous assignment. Having been brought up from Florida Island, Corey knew none of these people personally. However, a few of their reputations proceeded them. Thalia Vivervolt possessed an impressive service record, an expert saboteur and deadly with a blade. He was not unfamiliar with such weapons himself, he just hoped he would never have to test his training against her.

The Body cut an impressive figure. Growing up in the streets of Neo Mega Tokyopolis it was no wonder he easily out muscled Corey. He was the assertive type, Corey had learned; immediately taking charge of the fledgling unit and outlining a plan of attack. The Body, accompanied by Thalia and Tayrun, would infiltrate a high priority Imperial Supply Depot and tear the place to the ground.

The three seemed capable, Corey mused to himself. He knew the Imperial Spies had likely managed to infiltrate the unit, a fledgling unit such as this was always vulnerable to such attacks, but Corey had not yet been given reason to distrust these three. He nodded his agreement.

Corey pushed himself back up off the wall and pulled his cigarettes from his inside jacket pocket. He pulled one out and put it in his mouth, replacing the pack back inside the hidden pocket inside his jacket. He walked outside to the alley behind the building they had "requisitioned" for their HQ and pulled out his lighter. He cupped his hand over the end of the cigarette and lit it. He took a long drag and watched it as it quickly burned to ash; the Imperials would soon burn just the same. If it had to be done, the entire city would be turned to ash.
    EDIT: OMG, Comma Splice!

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    OOOo I want to be called THE SHADOW

I guess I'll "yes" it though I'm weary of Tayrun also and his immediate "I'm the good wizard"

Is the Shadow a man, woman, both, neither?

Also, sorry for sort of just calling MrBody "The Body" and going with it. You're stuck as that now. :P

- Terence McKenna
    edited August 2012
    The mission was simple. Enter the Supply Depot, take out a few guards, blind the cameras, strategicaly plant fifteen small but deadly EMP bombs, and get out in five minutes. Child's play. Normally it would be all in a day's work for Thalia... but with rumors of spies infiltrating the base, success will always be uncertain. She detested the thought that one Imperial spy could botch the entire mission. But she had no choice but to trust Body, a reliable member of the Resistance she thought, and Tayrun, a new recruit; he seemed a little more suspicious. Nevertheless, all she could do is carry out the mission and the finger pointing can come afterwards.

She took out and polished her shuriken. Not like she needed to anyway. They were going to get dirty very soon.

mi-go hunter on
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Tayrun is clearly a spy, but he won't sabotage us this early. No reason to suspect mi-go or Body yet, so I'll vote yes.

What do you think now that something has been said though? O_o

re:Kilnaga
    The Shadow is a man, baby.

• doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    Sorry I was not on recently, but I'm very excited to join, I hope we succeed in the mission and bring a new dawn to the people! I also hope that I will get picked next time on the mission, as I am out for imperial blood (so make sure its a mission where I get to shoot someone!). I will vote yes

so far

1. Blahmcblah - yes
    2. Damonis - ????
    3. Egos - yes (?)
    4. kilnaga - yes
    5. mi-go hunter - yes
    6. doodles 613 - yes
    7. Mr Body - yes
    8. Flimflammery - ????
    9. Cerberus - ?????
    10. Tayrun - ?????

wait sorry,
    10. Tayrun is yes .

are we allowed to edit posts?

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'll be Jian McCool, an orphaned scamp who grew up on the streets of Chinese-occupied Dublin. His mother died when he was just seven, and the only thing he knew of his father was that he was one of those jack-booted Imperial thugs. In the years he spent busking for food, using the guitar lessons his mother gave him before her untimely and mysterious death, Jian learned he was as quick with a knife as he was with a song, which came in quite handy while defending the day's take from gangbangers and other toughs.

One seemingly ordinary night, at the age of nineteen, he managed to fight off a group of five diamond-meth tweakers singlehandedly, attracting the attention of a local Resistance member who happened to witness the fight's end.

"It doesn't have to be this way," said THE SHADOW. "If you come with me, I can show you why you're living like this - why they..." - he pointed at the pile of defeated junkies - "...are like this. And I'll show you how we can end it. For you, for them, for all of us. Will you come?"

Jian had never envisioned a better life, but he was struck with a sudden longing for one. And he wanted revenge. Revenge against the Empire, against the father he never knew. If he went with THE SHADOW, maybe he could find all of that, and the real reasons behind his mother's death.

"Ok."

blahmcblah on
    edited August 2012
    But don't expect any more RP material out of me! :P

blahmcblah on
    apparently I can magically appear as a woman to some people

I was just going by your avatar. :P I'll fix it if your character is male. :P

Clearly I was writing my bio post for way too long, as apparently several posts have magically appeared in between. Whoops!

The Shadow looked around with some grimace. He wasn't sure if he trusted the gung-ho leader or the over eager rebel he had chosen to accompany him so quickly. Perhaps they had known each other before and The Shadow was simply unaware. The woman is was selected last, Thalia, seemed more trustworthy. But even with that black shrouded man had reservations about the mission. While he found himself reluctantly nodding in agreement before, he lowers the cloth covering his mouth.

"What do those of us who remain silent think of this arrangement?"

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    wait sorry,
    10. Tayrun is yes .

are we allowed to edit posts?

I'd appreciate it if you avoid it.

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Dan "Imperial Spy" Gorbovski
    I definitely vote for this party! They all brave and honest rebels! They kick imperial asses with their mighty legs!

Daemonis wrote: »
    I definitely vote for this party! They all brave and honest rebels! They kick imperial asses with their mighty legs!

How did you get that nickname, Gorbovski?

lol, I guess Daemonis is never getting added to a team.

Daemonis wrote: »
    2947dce5_batman-56800-albums-signatures-picture6354-facepalm.jpeg

That's impossible! He seems too daft to be an Imperial spy. My father warned me that the spies of the Empire were masters of subterfuge and deception not.... this.

The Shadow reveals his hand from beneath his cloak and casual points at Dan "Imperial Spy" Gorbovski.

"I have to say I'm starting to have second thoughts about this mission."

"Mainly..." he eyes dart over to

"Dan."

Dan's approval of this mission is worrisome. Give me a reason not to gut you, "Imperial Spy" Gorbovski.

How did you get that nickname, Gorbovski?
    Well, my previous group just started calling me so one day.... They are all dead now...

Dan's approval of this mission is worrisome. Give me a reason not to gut you, "Imperial Spy" Gorbovski.
    Why? I've been fighting agains the Empire for many years! Hundreds of rebel heroes died around me, but I still alive! And hate the Empire even more after each death!

Who let this guy into HQ? He didn't come with me.

- Terence McKenna
    :shock:

• FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    This resistance group feels like it's been organised by Monty Python. Our true enemy is probably the Judaean People's Front.

Anyway, with little information to go on apart from the fact that some of you are clearly mentally disturbed, I vote 'yes' to the Body's proposal. I await the result of the mission with interest.

(how does one apply for a cell transfer? I think it's all going to go horribly wrong...)

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Wow, I go to sleep and so much happens!

Stuff...

Victor Romeo
    as he is known now, had always hated the imperials, there was no tragic event in his past that caused this, no loved one lost or happy childhood destroyed. Victor was simply an angry man who wanted to do what he wanted, and anyone who tried to stop him became the target of obsessive anger and violence. For the last 5 years Victor has been working against the Imperials, not stragegically taking out critical supply chains, but running a fear campaign against them. When he goes after them, many of them die and in unpleasant ways, few of their comrades who survive want to take up the fight again. Those who do, well they have families to be targeted, and to Victor, they are fair game!

I vote yes... lets get started!

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Guys guys, relax. I'm resistance.

Just sayin'.

To be fair, you are normally this rude obnoxious wacky so I truly believe you ;)
    At the moment