As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Carnival Catastrophe (Mini)Phalla! Carnie (village) win!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Are you asking for a clarification? I can only deny clarification if it's orange.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ok fine, Does the host spreadsheet match ego's vote count?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Clarification denied

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    If the host made a mistake. they can deny it. It's a privilege :)

• Options
    I mean, I guess the alternative would be having a confirmed villager, or some sort of murky conversion junk

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    I mean, I guess the alternative would be having a confirmed villager, or some sort of murky conversion junk

yeah nothing can be done. Really it would just be "yep you guys got an extra death on accident" or we speculate that there is vote manipulation.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

yeah nothing can be done. Really it would just be "yep you guys got an extra death on accident" or we speculate that there is vote manipulation.

It isn't very big vote manipulation if that is the case.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i actually got a teddy bear in the mail today~

wahaha~

• Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »

It isn't very big vote manipulation if that is the case.

It never is, anything more than a point or two undermines the idea of phalla

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Did a quick count. Unless the vote Anialos made after close counted, the list Egos has looks correct.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    I don't think this is a mistake, definite vote manip at work.

Going to place my vote on Cayrus for now, simply for being very uncommunicative.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »

wahaha~
    Enjoy your brand-new Monobear! It's made from 100% real Monofur.

Upupupu~

• Options

wahaha~
    Enjoy your brand-new Monobear! It's made from 100% real Monofur.

Upupupu~

Run Lucedes!! It's going to BLOWWWW UP!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THIS IS SLOW-MO SPEAK!!!!

• Options
    i'm thinking about premium.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular

Going to place my vote on Cayrus for now, simply for being very uncommunicative.

I wonder how you're so sure about the vote manipulation...

Either way, I don't buy into that reason for voting. Feels mafia to me. mi-go hunter

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular

And then of course right after I vote, I notice someone else being much more obviously mafia. Why premium? Because he voted for a mafia? Lucedes

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »

I wonder how you're so sure about the vote manipulation...

I'm not sure, it's just a hunch. And I'm likely to change my vote anyway.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular

Stop it, I'm blushing!

Also re: the vote manipulation, it almost makes sense that stever might have had a "vote counts double" ability, since his vote was on Unearthly Stew.

• Options
    i hope i'm not turning into kime in my phalla old age.

• Options
    Nah not really, you aren't doing enough bragging about how you're going to murder us all.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Egos count, now with color!
    Anialos: 4 (38th, Egos, Unearthly Stew,kime,Unearthly Stew)
    Ebum: 2 (jdark, Kilnaga)
    Jdark: 2 (Megafrost, Ebum)
    Megafrost: 2 (Spoit, Cayrus)
    Unearthly Stew: 3 (stever777, Mill, MrTLicious)
    Egos: 2 (T_A, Taya)
    MrT: 1 (Lucedes)
    Assuran: 1 (Mi-go)
    Stever777: 2 (Blahmcblah, premium)
    Taya: 1 (Assuran)
    Langly: 1 (Wiet)
    Wiet: 1 (Typhus733)
    Premium: 1 (Greenbarons)
    38th: 1 (Anialos, Anialos)
    T_A: 0 (Egos)
    Kime: 0 (Kilnaga)
    Kilnaga: 0 (Anialos, Unearthly Stew)
    Typhus733: 0 (stever777)
    Mill: 0 (Unearthly Stew)
    Mi-go: 0 (38th)

So the vote manip could have worked in one of two ways. Either someone's vote counted as two people or the mafia can make the vote of one person they choose not count for the night. Now given that we lost two villagers, I'm going to assume that if the vote manipulation situation was the former, that it was someone mafia side. I'm hoping stever was the guy running around with vote manipulation.

Now assuming that there are five teenagers, we need to track down four more. I'm willing to bet that we had at least one on the Anialos wagon. Given that neither vote leader was a teenager, I'm a bit skeptical that will find that many mafia on either wagon. Sadly, we don't have much to work with. We also have some people changing votes as well.

Based on what I know right now, I'm leaning towards Langly who seems usually quiet.

Mill on
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Cause I'm OC and didn't want to repost the vote count with coloration (I forgot to color stever red in a spot) and instead edited the post above. Langly

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Langly hasn't posted at all in here aside from signing up, has he? If inactivus is gonna eat him there's no reason to waste a perfectly good vote.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I am here now!

Sorry I was out yesterday, I forgot about this.

• Options
    A likely story

• Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    OOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOO
    My only regret...
    Is not giving away more giant stuffed...
    Pandas.
    OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooöOOOOOO

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Pandas are pretty cool.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Good work vig. You sure are a talented and intelligent vig. And good-looking too!

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

And then of course right after I vote, I notice someone else being much more obviously mafia. Why premium? Because he voted for a mafia? Lucedes

It is not uncommon for mafia to vote for fellow mafia in an attempt to hide their vote records more thoroughly, especially on day one when throw-away votes are more likely to go unnoticed. For this reason I don't find premium to be any less suspect than anyone else. Your post here smells like a mafia attempt to start a bandwagon and like you're a mafia trying too hard to appear village. blahmcblah

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Voting from the gut is always the best kind of vote when where have next to nothing to go on.

Cayrus

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I would like to remind everyone that vote close has been pushed back to 12 midnight EST for today only, because of the late narration. Following days will return to 11 PM EST.

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »

It is not uncommon for mafia to vote for fellow mafia in an attempt to hide their vote records more thoroughly, especially on day one when throw-away votes are more likely to go unnoticed. For this reason I don't find premium to be any less suspect than anyone else. Your post here smells like a mafia attempt to start a bandwagon and like you're a mafia trying too hard to appear village. blahmcblah

This is pretty Phalla 101 so definitely keep it in mind for today's vote folks, I don't have much more to offer as far as leads but I wanted to make sure this post doesn't get overlooked.

• Options
    I guess I don't know Phalla 101 - I'm just going with whatever makes sense to me. I think it'd be a waste to do the Mafia's job for them by voting me out. I called my shot on stever, so I can't see surviving through to tomorrow with the guard dead.

• Options
    Langly you slowpoke, stop being a such a turtle.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't think blahmcblah's post is worthy of him getting voted out. That's trending a bit too close to "vote people out for having ideas I don't agree with," which is obviously not ideal.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I guess I don't know Phalla 101 - I'm just going with whatever makes sense to me. I think it'd be a waste to do the Mafia's job for them by voting me out. I called my shot on stever, so I can't see surviving through to tomorrow with the guard dead.

Wait what?

You called a kill on Stever?

• Options
    If blahmcblah is claiming responsibility for stever's death, that's enough for me to shift my vote somewhere else. I don't really have any better leads, but my gut tells me to vote MrTLicious.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I believe blah is referring to this post:
    I'm a fortune teller. I predict stever will DIE.

Made about 26 hours before vote close, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Megafrost on
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'm a fortune teller. I predict stever will DIE.

This is the supposed call.

At 9:00 PM.

The first half of day 1.

I am unconvinced but also not eager to vote him out.

• Options
    I sure hope he isn't the vig, otherwise that was the most casual reveal I've ever seen, especially after a guard died.

XStly.jpg