As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[COX] - City of Heroes Freedom is Live, TITAN WEAPONS are live also new iTrials

1919293949597»

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Footstomp all the things, and just.. play the game. No one cares about what powersets you bring unless they're all fappy and fighting AVs.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    It's okay, I've decided to let him mothball because I was having way more fun with my Grav/Kin going through the latest SSA
    WHICH, btw, turns out to be rather interesting story-wise
    Spoilers, Puzzle-Style
    Ever wonder why the old villain tutorial has you being broken out of The Zig? Why can't you break out from the inside? Why is everyone that escapes so low on the power totem pole?

Major SPOILAHS
    So Pandora's Box was being used as a Power Dampening Field under The Zig the entire time it was open. It was specifically put there for this purpose, though I'm not sure if the placers of The Box knew WHY it was doing what it does, just that it was a box that happened to dampen powers. You find this out just in time to find out that it's been stolen and there's now nothing preventing these amazingly super powered criminals from just busting a hole through the Zig Wall.
    Which, as anyone who read the preview for i24 knows, is exactly what happens.

I must say, after going through all the fun little personal missions in DA and then doing that mission, I get more and more impressed with the games writing.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    It's nice that they finally appear to have a narrative that they've planned more than an issue or two in advance, yeah

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    I am literally stunned I got to squat on this name until I come up with a powerset I want to dick around with it
    OPA GUNDAM STYLE!
    wkbWF.jpg

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    That reminds me of this fan-tweaked music-video I saw a week or two ago. The actual video was taken off of YT but someone put up an indirect copy of sorts. I'm guessing you saw this too. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj3EGRp9360

• Great ScottGreat Scott King of Wishful Thinking Paragon City, RIRegistered User regular
    What is that I don't even...

I mean, I'm able to handle the Yamato coming out of MegasXLR, but .. not that.

I'm unique. Just like everyone else.
    This is all entirely your fault Scott for not being around to prevent me from doing stupid things. You and your "other video games"
    pssh.
    They don't have Gundam Style.

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    This is your fault for making it, and mine for confirming the name was open.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh was kind enough to point me to this thread:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=4362148&posted=1

In which the Dark Matter (Kirby Dots) aura is being given away. There were still working codes as of this post.

• AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    So I guess CoX is shutting down? What the hell? I thought things were going very well.

2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
  • GinpachiGinpachi Registered User regular
    Oh man, this sucks. I used to play CoH back when it first came out, I even remember going to the store to pick CoV on release date when I was in 8th grade. Then about a year later my computer went kaput and I just sorta quit after that.

Heartbreaking to see it go. This really, really blows.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    This sucks. This sucks on ice.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    WHAT THE FUCK

rRwz9.gif
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Wow, that really sucks.

I used to play CoX a lot more than I do now, and had all sorts of good times with PA folks.

I thought it was actually doing well after the F2P conversion. Maybe the studio just wasn't being managed well?

Or not, it's just an old game, and there just isn't a lot of room for growth in the market anymore; particularly with so many other, newer, F2P games.

Total speculation with absolutely no basis; but despite WoW always being the behemoth in the back of the room; I honestly think GW2 is gonna do in a lot of the smaller F2P mmo's; particularly once the price for the game comes down. That much polished content, with an established name that is F2P...yeah. I won't be surprised when we hear more of these game closures in the next year or so.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Well, that was pretty sudden.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    This is really confusing. I thought Free to Play was working well for them?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    Is there any chance, do people suppose; of an investor swooping in to save it?

I guess it would depend on how CoX was actually doing financially apart from how the studio was handling money. If the game itself was sound, and the studio wasn't...there's a chance, right?

Probably not. :(

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The solution is clear. PWI needs to buy Paragon.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    Ah?

I'm going to make a thread for this, brb.

Oh good, you guys found out too.
    Seriously, what the fucking hell.
    The GoonThread seems to think it's because AION lost em 6 million for the year.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I knew the game would shut down eventually but I thought it wouldn't be until a CoH-2 was in production or released. When did the F2P period of the game start?

If Aion lost 6m why would NCSoft close Paragon instead of Aion?

• kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Even if other games lost them a lot of money, as long as Paragon Studios and City of Heroes is posting a profit, and supports its own development ... this doesn't make any kind of sense.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Gonna let you all take this to the new thread.

A real fuckin' shame, however.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.