As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Carnival Catastrophe (Mini)Phalla! Carnie (village) win!

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

"Kimbie"?

:lol:

Aaaanyways, I always try to avoid ties, so if I were mafia I'd try to do the same thing.

Kime + Zombie, clearly.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    It also fun to say IMO.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Now I'm curious Egos, can you give us some specifics why you think Cayrus is mafia? Given vote manip could still be in play, we need to know the rational behind all the vote choices, since at some point we're going to want to stack the vote on on one person. I'm not going to push for that till more people vote because voting records are good.

Aside from gut instinct.. not much (that is to say not seeing much of Cayrus). Cayrus was on Megafrost on day 1. Megafrost and Cayrus are both on blah today. Seems we glean some information at least.

As I said I think the mafia wanting to get rid of a potential vig with the vote is not out of the question. And some are bold enough to try it. That added with Cayrus' weak logic. Granted you could take the reverse-psychology approach and say that Megafrost knows not to attack blah for the stever reason and Mega is just stating a truth "mafia sometimes vote for mafia" nothing else.

We get information. None-the-less.

It also fun to say IMO.

Sounds like a small, underfed, African child. "Kimbie"

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So sorry for not seeing the obvious :P

Also, I hope everyone knows not to publicly reveal. Since we maybe lost our only protection last night.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile

Egos has been providing a vote count tally
    and seems to be providing other useful commentary.

Also so newer players know this, providing a vote count is a hardly indicative of being innocent. Many players do this as their main contribution to the game and use that as their pass and end up being evil. Just something to be aware of if you are somewhat new :|

You have to look at how much a player is contributing overall (behind *if you have access to that* the scenes (it can be important) and definitely in the thread)
    not to sound like captain obvious or anything

Egos wrote: »
    not to sound like captain obvious or anything

No, you're Captain Oblivious, remember. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I think that is a fair point in Kimbie's favor, he did try to put the Ani wagon further than one vote ahead and mention close votes were bad. I'm skeptical a mafia would do that, I could see one mentioning ties are bad if they have vote manip, but I doubt they would draw attention to the possibility of a vote manip tying two people; especially, when it's in their control and both bandwagons are village.

That leaves Egos and 38thDoe.

Egos has been providing a vote count tally and seems to be providing other useful commentary.

38thDoe was rather aggressive in getting people to contact him day one and now he seems rather quiet.

Now I'm curious Egos, can you give us some specifics why you think Cayrus is mafia? Given vote manip could still be in play, we need to know the rational behind all the vote choices, since at some point we're going to want to stack the vote on on one person. I'm not going to push for that till more people vote because voting records are good.

Yeah...I'm not sure that there'll be an unifying a vote this game, since in order to do a network call, the seer would at least need 2 vanilagers for mouthpieces at a time to reliably call votes, since as soon as one is used, he'll undoubtably be killed

steam_sig.png
    Because the guard is dead.

steam_sig.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The cayrus bump is weird. I'm not sure of the vote count, but I'm gonna go with mill at the moment. But we got till midnight, so lots of time.

well langly. you had the same amount of votes as him (i believe). Cayrus seemed better than you :P

also one of my statements was incorrect - Megafrost was on blah but switched off . So the last line before "We get information" in this post is moot.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I'm not saying cayrus isn't mafia, just the switch so quickly!

Spoit, the hope is that people are paying attention and will come to some sort of consensus on who should have the most votes before close.

It's possible stever had the vote manip but it's also possible it wasn't stever. Best to not take chances if we don't have to.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Egos nothing personal but you are one of the 3 names left on the Anialos vote, and I feel like there's probably a mafia in there somewhere.

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I didn't see Egos' vote when I voted for Cayrus, for the record.

I'm back from my night out and I'm prepared to change my vote if something better comes up.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'm a village special, so please move our votes off me.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Actually nevermind I'm going to bed. Sorry village, I am useless this weekend.

Cayrus wrote: »

And you announce this in public where everyone, mafia included, can see. You do remember THE GUARD DIED, right?

- Terence McKenna
    If we're going to switch votes now, the only other option I see is Egos.

- Terence McKenna
    yeah it would have been better to softnetwork and take a risk.. I believe SlyM extended today by an hour. I'll be around to switch off.

• Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Well this is a sticky wicket, if you're telling the truth I've got to be honest...a post like this isn't going to keep you alive since if the vote doesn't get you the mafia will :/ And if you're a mafia it's such a bold yet unverifiable claim considering my previous point, the guard is dead and if you weren't a mafia the mafia would have literally no reason to let you survive, that just taking it at face value isn't gonna happen lightly.

Typhus733 on
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Cayrus, you might not survive the night because of this declaration =_=

Nevertheless, I will switch my vote off you to Wiet. I don't think Egos is mafia...

mi-go hunter on
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I forgot about vote close and I'm busy with the football game, sorry.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    Gimme a count and I'll switch

Steam profile
    edited September 2012
    @Kime
    I think it's 3 on Cayrus (with all of us being online-taya, you and me) vs a bunch of 2s... realize that isn't very helpful

it might just be myself and langly with 2 votes

edit: add wiet to that list

Egos on
    Well, I'll go through the thread pretty soon. Change my vote then if it's still a tie. That will at least put Cayrus off first.

Steam profile
    Wiet

seems the best of those with two votes on them.
    I had initially written him off because of his Taya vote, since I was suspect of her. But since she is weary of me it seems. That oddly makes me feel better about her chances of being village. And him not...

If Egos count is correct, that's four votes on Wiet now. Just to make sure we don't have a double kill, I'll move my vote from 38thDoe to Wiet to bring the lead up far enough to prevent such shenanigans.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Wiet to seal the deal.

so you are alive T_A

What's the reasoning for wiet again?

steam_sig.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Vote close in less than 10 minutes

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    I didn't forget!

Wiet

Steam profile
    The goat has dozed

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    So who will the mafia kill tonight?

Who will the vigilante carnie murder tonight?

Will the fortune teller spot a meddling kid or clear a fellow carnie?

Will Lucedes finally get that big ass panda bear?

Will I get to be here to tomorrow to continue selling overpriced corndogs, cotton candy and popcorn that was prepared in a station that clearly violates the health code?

Find out in tonight's narration whenever it may happen!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i got a teddy bear!

i thought i forgot to vote! but i think i voted, somewhere in there.

i hope that i wasn't vigged!

Yeah, you got a vote in lucedes

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2012
    "Lookit that one! Lookit how skinny and well-groomed 'e is! 'Ars no way 'e one of us!"

With much yelling and cracking of the whip, Wiet was herded into the lion cage. The lions had been spoiled by their feast the day earlier, and were disappointed with the meal.

Blahmcblah was well known for his quick talking. In the past, people would come from far and wide to hear him list every country in the world in 42 seconds flat. That's how he got the nickname, after all. But then the Soviet Union broke up, and out came Kyrgyzstan. He was never able to pronounce it right, and like that all his fame disappeared like a morning mist. Maybe it was his talking that brought him to the attention of the teenagers who fell upon him in the dark. Who knows? He certianly can't talk about it.

Everyone loved the SnoCone(registered trademark) vendor. He managed to turn a profit even when there were literally no customers anymore. That's why it was a sad morning indeed when he was found with a bullet in his head. Alas, Megafrost was no more.

The dead:
    Wiet, A Delinquent Teenager - Fed the lions
    blahmcblah, generic carnie
    - beat mercilessly
    Megafrost, a generic carnie - Put on ice

Cythraul has taken over for Greenbarons.

Vote close has returned to its normal time at 11PM EST.

SLyM on
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I believe Cythraul is a reserve.

He'll be in cahoots with me surely.

Cahoooooooots!!!!!!!!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph