As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] COOKIE BRIGADE - $13,161 for Prime 2012!!

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    CowOfDeath wrote: »
    I have successfully bought, borrowed, and begged wrapping material, printable stickers, a volunteer or two, and, most importantly, a very large artisan mixer. Soon, there will be chocolate chip cookies.

Dude, my cookies are getting shoved in fold top bags with some ribbon, stop showing me up! (Oh crap, it's 6:30 and I have 5 batches of cookies to make before bedtime! Gotta go!)

• phoophoo Registered User regular
    unfortunately, my cookies are entirely unlabelled. But I did make 8 dozen chewy chocolate chip! Also crunchy cookies and just a few soft cookies.

• karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    I made lots of pins. Tan ones to give out, silver ones for the Cookie Brigade Panel, and gold ones for members of the Cookie Brigade. I apologize in advance for the crappy phone pics.
    7884173864_a44de3df14_z.jpg
    tan2012_pin by karmacappa, on Flickr
    7884174554_ece3b86936_z.jpg
    Silver2012_pin by karmacappa, on Flickr
    7884175076_fe6f0c64a4_z.jpg
    gold2012_pin by karmacappa, on Flickr

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
    phoo wrote: »
    unfortunately, my cookies are entirely unlabelled. But I did make 8 dozen chewy chocolate chip! Also crunchy cookies and just a few soft cookies.

Yeah, due to moving mine are unlabled as well, but I have (by estimates) 90ish 2 packs of Standard TollHouse Chocolate Chip and 30+ twopacks of Oatmeal Scotchies (I was shooting for 60 but ran out of eggs.) For a total of about 120 two packs (or over 240 cookies).

So forgive me because it's the best I could do in 5 hours of baking (ok, sleep time, I have to leave for my flight in 3.5 hours, I'm glad my wife did the packing for me.)

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    My life is a fart!
    Shit happened and I wasn't able to make any cookies to mail to you guys. :( This means I will have to make double the cookies for East to make up for it!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • phoophoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Actually, for the benefit of others in the position of trying to pull something together quickly, I did manage to get some semblance of labeling on my cookies.

I made a table in open office 2 columns across, typed the name of the cookie and ingredients into it once, pasted it all the way down one column. Copied that column to the second column, made sure there was an extra newline at the end of each ingredient list. Boom, printable.

The two major batches of cookies went into grocery bags. I took one of the ingredient lists and taped it inside the grocery bag (so it doesn't have to be hidden when you take it inside). The rest of the sheet I took scissors and cut between each one, so it is easy to just tear them off. It is still less work than putting one inside each and every bag. Now the distributor can just tear one or two off and keep it on hand to be informed or show someone who is interested in what's in the cookie. I was also specific about the type of cookie, because they may carry crunchy choc chip cookies, but mine are labeled "chewy chocolate chip."

It only took me 30 minutes to do this, and most of the time was spent cutting. Well, that may also include the time it took to install and figure out the new open office (which has apparently been eaten by apache).

phoo on
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    wow you guys are awesome! $7500-ish so far!

fss_overall.png
    Really awesome job at Prime you guys!

fss_overall.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Final Total: $13,161 for Child's Play!!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • MoonrushMoonrush Registered User regular
    The thin mints were delicious.... Thanks.. Just what I needed standing in line..

• Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular

AWESOME job everyone !!

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Aww Nice Primers!! Goals for us Easties :D I'm already thinking about it!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    The compainon cube cookies were amazing! Thanks to whoever took the labor of making those. Also I didn't see as much as the cookie brigade as I hoped this year. I guess you guys were busy and in high demand.

edited September 2012
    The brigade's total donations since 2008 to Child's Play is now $70,900+

*mind blown*

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    Congrats on the great total. I can't wait to see you break 6 figures and more importantly have more delicious cookies next year!

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad

Woot! Glad I could contribute to that total this year!

• EmpiricalEmpirical USARegistered User regular
    Your cookies were delicious and your water kept me hydrated while I waited for Acquisitions Incorporated, thanks and keep up the good work.

Poop nuggets.
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Glad I could buy a ton of cookies and attend the panel! A good time was had, the pin is pretty rad as well.
    Empirical wrote: »
    Your cookies were delicious and your water kept me hydrated while I waited for Acquisitions Incorporated, thanks and keep up the good work.
    Wait, the Cookie Brigade sells water too?

"Perception is reality." -unknown
    Headhunter wrote: »
    Glad I could buy a ton of cookies and attend the panel! A good time was had, the pin is pretty rad as well.
    Empirical wrote: »
    Wait, the Cookie Brigade sells water too?

I didn't have time to bake this year, so I brought flats of water instead.

• PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    Congrats on this years total!

I'm kinda sad. I only saw a cookie lady once this year, and she disappeared before I could get her attention. :cry: My voice doesn't carry very well in loud places, plus I'm shorter and can't see through the crowds.

• KaneKane Registered User regular
    So sad! Did not see ANY Cookie Brigade all weekend. :(

Kane wrote: »
    So sad! Did not see ANY Cookie Brigade all weekend. :(

You should volunteer next year! We were pretty short staffed this year both for bakers and distributors, so by the time word got out that we needed distributors it was Saturday Eve/Sunday Morn and then we'd run out of cookies.

• emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    The compainon cube cookies were amazing! Thanks to whoever took the labor of making those. Also I didn't see as much as the cookie brigade as I hoped this year. I guess you guys were busy and in high demand.

The ones with raspberry jam gluing them together? Because those ones were mine <3 There were others though that I didn't make that were plain sugar cookies. Not sure which ones you got. I would have loved to have made more of them but they take forever and a day to make compared to everything else I baked.

Beer+Hat.JPG

The giant chest of cookies at the Sheraton Board Game night.

• strynght83strynght83 Registered User new member
    I got a chance to see the wonderfulness that was the cookie brigade for my first dabbling at PAX East this year. Hopefully I can contribute some way for the one in March!!

• Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    Congrats on the Brigade's donation raise! I was dying to donate for some cookies but had no bills on me whenever I saw the CG show up. Next year I'll make sure to bring the dough! ^_^

Congrats on the Brigade's donation raise! I was dying to donate for some cookies but had no bills on me whenever I saw the CG show up. Next year I'll make sure to bring the dough! ^_^

You know Sharkey, our mission is really just to collect donations. The cookies are a nice benefit but not related so.... you're welcome to go make a donation on the Child's Play website RIGHT NOW if you like. :) www.childsplaycharity.org

• JHawkJHawk Registered User regular
    I never saw a brigadier all weekend D: Sorry to hear you were so short-staffed. Luckily I snagged one and donated at the BYOC entrance.

Congrats on the funds raised and thanks for organizing! Informal goal for the end of Prime 2013: total over $100,000!

JHawk wrote: »
    Informal goal for the end of Prime 2013: total over $100,000!

HELL YES!!!

• Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular

You know Sharkey, our mission is really just to collect donations. The cookies are a nice benefit but not related so.... you're welcome to go make a donation on the Child's Play website RIGHT NOW if you like. :) www.childsplaycharity.org

Oh, I know all about Child's Play as I've donated over the years. Made quite the donation earlier this year with the Hold the Line movement after being disappointed with ME3's ending. It was unfortunate about the controversy that arose around the charity, but I donated for the kids to cheer me up, much like the majority of the forum posters that donated as well. I'll definitely have cash set aside next year just for the cookie bridgade as I'll be doing Prime for my bachelor party and will be in a most generous mood. ;)

• hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    I'm so glad to see the total this year. The PAX goers are so generous for the cause. I'm sorry about the short staffing but my group didn't even get tickets this year but we will try harder next year. Hopefully my pacmans, metroids, and jammie dodgers did well with out us.

Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hml151 wrote: »
    I'm so glad to see the total this year. The PAX goers are so generous for the cause. I'm sorry about the short staffing but my group didn't even get tickets this year but we will try harder next year. Hopefully my pacmans, metroids, and jammie dodgers did well with out us.

Nobody got any Jammie dodgers. I ate them all.

Kidding -they were brilliant and a real hit!

• DaksaDaksa MesaRegistered User regular
    What an amazing job you guys did! The cookie brigade helped me fight off hunger during long lines.

• craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    Congrats! I managed to not get a vegan cookie again :( lol 4th PAX is a charm! see you guys at East!

craigums wrote: »
    Congrats! I managed to not get a vegan cookie again :( lol 4th PAX is a charm! see you guys at East!

This is actually a really good point. We have vegan, sugar free, and GF cookies almost every PAX but it's tough to know when someone is going ask for them so the distributors carry them infrequently. I'm wondering if there's any way to make it easier for folks with special diets to get the cookies they need when distributors are wandering the Wilds of PAX.

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    I always had vegan and gluten-free, but no one ever asked for them. I usually tried to announce it, but I forgot sometimes because I carried so many varieties.
    If you need something special, please ask. Even if you don't need something special, ask about a variety you might like and if it's popular, we might make it next year.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    I had vegan and gluten free with me all weekend. It wasn't until main theater line Sunday night that I cleared them out!

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
    hml151 wrote: »

Nobody got any Jammie dodgers. I ate them all.

Kidding -they were brilliant and a real hit!

Very Cute. I wish I could have made more but I didn't have the same amount of help and I've been care giving for my mom which by the end of the 3rd day of baking my back gave out on me. Next year we have better steps in place to make the cookies easier and with more help. I'm also hoping that I get to come next year since I missed it so much this year (only miss pax in 6 years). I'm glad they were a hit and they will make a return with the metroids and pacmans again. Until pax east.

School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    emimonster on
    emimonster wrote: »

Those were awesome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.