As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Omeganauts report in! Omegarounds listed in the OP

1235»

• Options
    ShocknaShockna Registered User regular
    IMO send them both to Japan. Seven seconds is an insignificant difference, really. Especially when dealing with a game that seems to be QWOP on a bike >.>

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    What screw over? Rules is rules.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    What screw over? Rules is rules.

Oh, is that standard practice they do every time? I haven't been to an omegathon before today.

• Options
    JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    They would have done the same thing if the opposite happened. If the man finished first, they would have given the woman one more chance to beat his time. But yeah, with the way the contest turned out that did feel like a cruel ending.

JamieOD on
  • Options
    JamieOD wrote: »
    They would have done the same thing if the opposite happened. If the man finished first, they would have given the woman one more chance to beat his time. But yeah, with the way the contest turned out that did feel like a cruel ending.

I didn't mean to imply sexism with the comment, the PA guys wouldn't have banned booth babes or hosted the anti-sexism panel at East this year if they were, not to mention how well they handled the dickwolves thing.

It was more about the bizarre and seemingly arbitrary nature of it (it feels out of place at a competitive event). Do they do that every year, or at least sometimes?

• Options
    beyondcelerybeyondcelery Registered User regular
    Thanks to everyone for your support! But seriously: fair is fair. Valkyrian deserved a chance to beat my time because I got to go first. (By the way, he's really a cool guy!) The only reason it felt bizarre and arbitrary is because they forgot to explain that small detail to the audience beforehand. I don't feel like I was screwed over at all. Are you kidding? I just got to have the best PAX experience of my life, AND I get to go back next year to play all over again! That was hilarious and fun and awesome. PAX is the best weekend out of the year and I got to be a part of the whole thing. That's frickin' cool. Look for me next year, when I plan to be the first woman to ever WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING. =)

• Options
    JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    Shockna wrote: »
    JamieOD wrote: »

I didn't mean to imply sexism with the comment, the PA guys wouldn't have banned booth babes or hosted the anti-sexism panel at East this year if they were, not to mention how well they handled the dickwolves thing.

It was more about the bizarre and seemingly arbitrary nature of it (it feels out of place at a competitive event). Do they do that every year, or at least sometimes?

Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of anything. I just didn't know the names of the finalists.

• Options
    radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    I'm surprised they didn't use the Trials Evolution leaderboard ranking rules, which ranks by number of faults (resets) before time, so a slow perfect run would win over a fast clumsy one.

Also, Redlynx confirmed that they are releasing the track tomorrow for download under Redlynx Creations in Track Central.

http://www.redlynx.com/community/blog/212

PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • Options
    DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    Just want to say that, even though I lost in the second round, this was the most awesome thing ever and you guys are all amazing! I'm sorry I didn't catch any of the rounds after I was out... turns out a LOT of the panels I wanted to see overlapped the Omegathon, then I had to head home before the finale.

Just a tid bit for everyone- I got a message Saturday morning from the folks at home- apparently NWCN did a news story on the Kerplunk round. I'm trying to find some mention of it online, but so far it's no good... lemme know if anyone sees that, I'm dying to watch it!

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Thanks to everyone for your support! But seriously: fair is fair. Valkyrian deserved a chance to beat my time because I got to go first. (By the way, he's really a cool guy!) The only reason it felt bizarre and arbitrary is because they forgot to explain that small detail to the audience beforehand. I don't feel like I was screwed over at all. Are you kidding? I just got to have the best PAX experience of my life, AND I get to go back next year to play all over again! That was hilarious and fun and awesome. PAX is the best weekend out of the year and I got to be a part of the whole thing. That's frickin' cool. Look for me next year, when I plan to be the first woman to ever WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING. =)

Kudos to you for your awesome attitude. Good luck next year!

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    geardropsgeardrops Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Fact: @BeyondCelery is amazing. I am rooting for you again next year!!

YOU BETTER WIN IT. MY HEART CANNOT TAKE ANOTHER CLOSE GAME LIKE THAT.

• Options
    Thanks, geardrops. =) If I can manage that with 3 weeks to prepare, just imagine what I can do in a year. Muahahahahaha!

• Options
    Good! I hope OmegaSpouse helps you stick to your rigorous training regimen!

Seriously though, watching that screen with you and Val battling it out, I was losing my goddamn mind. Must be how people feel while watching their favorite team at sportball or something.

• Options
    Haha, seriously! They keep playing the video here at my work. My heart races every time. We already bought Trials Evolution and have been playing it the last few days. But really right now I just want to finish Quantumn Conundrum. And start Fez. And Don't Starve. After those, I'll look for some good competitive-type games to train on.

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Oooh, there's a video? Where is it? I have to say, that was just a epic contest.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    ValkyrionValkyrion Registered User regular
    Omegathon was such an intense and different way of experiencing PAX. I'll definitely be in beyondcelery's corner next year. It was great to meet so many awesome people. Several of us spent way too much time in CFP preparing for our rounds but it definitely worked out for those of us that did.

Here is the video from twitch that contains the final round footage http://www.twitch.tv/pax/b/330884389 It starts at about 20:40.

If anyone has videos/pictures from other rounds, I would love to see them. Ker plunk and Bananagrams are the ones I am particularly interested in.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Valkyrion wrote: »
    Here is the video from twitch that contains the final round footage http://www.twitch.tv/pax/b/330884389 It starts at about 20:40.
    That's an interesting video - where was it playing? At ~5:00, that's part of the epic 90 minute Jenga game I was in from Omegathon 2007. After that are pics from the Quake 3 round.

• Options
    I know what you mean, Valkyrion. I feel like I missed PAX this year for all the training and running around and competing. But it was totally worth the amazing experience of being a part of the inside of PAX. I can't believe I'll be doing it all again next year, but I'm also looking forward to it. I also can't wait to hear how Tokyo treats you! You're not getting away without a couple of stories at least. =) Seriously, have a blast. You earned it.

Omegaspouse has some pics and videos of the previous rounds. We haven't gone through it all yet, but I'll be posting stuff as I do.

• Options
    [quote="beyondcelery;24177723"The only reason it felt bizarre and arbitrary is because they forgot to explain that small detail to the audience beforehand.[/quote]

Yeah, that would explain it >.>

I have to admit though, I'm damn impressed by your attitude. You're a way better person than I probably would be, that's for sure XD

• Options
    @Shockna: Thanks. The way I look at it is just getting to participate in the Omegathon is incredible. Making it to the final round AND being the first woman to do so at PAX Prime is even more incredible. Getting to participate again next year? Awesome. I go to the Omegathon final round every single year and never dreamed I'd be up there one day, let alone doing as well as I did. PAX is the best weekend out of the year and I got to make it even better. That was SO MUCH FUN. What's the point of gaming if it isn't fun?

• Options
    beyondcelery find me on facebook! I'll be sure to at least be in touch when I get back. We should get those of us that are interested in meeting back up together for something at east and/or prime next year. It was fun getting to know everyone.

• Options
    Can I totally butt in on the "let's have a Omegathon 2012 reunion party" thing? >.>

• Options
    @geardrops: yes. Of course! We'll all figure out some fun for Prime next year. Maybe you all can come crash the Omeganaut night-before-PAX happy hour I'll be arranging (instead of the too-early breakfast)...

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Oooh reunion! I'll bring Kerplunk! SO WE CAN SMASH IT INTO TINY PIECES.

• Options
    Hell yes Geardrops and Shade. We can also set up an Xbox to download and delete tony hawk over and over.

• Options
    Also, beyondcelery, I think that the night before thing is an awesome idea. I highly support it and would definitely make an appearance to help with the new tradition.

• Options
    One of my friends has rockets. We're already planning to give Kerplunk an opportunity to orbit the earth. (Sans glass marbles.)

• Options
    I should apologize for not getting on this thread before PAX. If any of you want to game or whatever, I've got accounts on Steam, realid (Blizzard), and LoL for what I'm on regularly anyway.

• Options
    SteveDKSteveDK Registered User new member
    "OMEGA SPOUSE" here. (beyondcelery's husband). Here's a few pictures I took at PAX.
    http://imgur.com/p4uqq,BUtGd,hN7UQ,r8Xzr,XgEos,JgyiF,AAPfo#0

And here's a video of beyondcelery and Shade competing in Dance Central 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ny-38lBRmY&feature=plcp

I've got a few more I'll post later.

• Options
    @geardrops: yes. Of course! We'll all figure out some fun for Prime next year. Maybe you all can come crash the Omeganaut night-before-PAX happy hour I'll be arranging (instead of the too-early breakfast)...

This is the best idea I've heard all day.

• Options
    BoothbyPrimeBoothbyPrime Software Consultant New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'm also down for an Omeganaut 2012 reunion thingy (btw i changed my username from sethtb) and would be all for a random gaming session/night. Also let me know if any of you ever come to NYC!

This discussion has been closed.