Blankzilla wrote: »
    tumblr_m9c41r8n8y1qbz9meo1_500.jpg

Neil Armstrong, being a boss.
    Neil Armstrong: Secretly Dale Gribble?

hahaha holy shit

pocket (moon)sand

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I'm gonna be honest, I had assumed that Armstrong had died years ago since I've never seen an interview with him or heard news of him recently. It was always Aldrin, never Armstrong who made appearances.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    iVont.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Lance/Neil Armstrong I can chalk up to regular stupidity.

Haven't figured out if Neil Patrick Harris/Neil Armstrong is trolling or more stupidity.

Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Honestly I was with my friends and pointed that out and everyone was like WELL YEAH

and then I came back and no one pointed that out

y'all is slippin, doggs

to be fair it was an @centipede damascus post

and I tend to ignore them

well this is just blatantly untrue

• freakish lightfreakish light Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Syphyre wrote: »
    Lance/Neil Armstrong I can chalk up to regular stupidity.

Haven't figured out if Neil Patrick Harris/Neil Armstrong is trolling or more stupidity.

There was an episode of How I Met Your Mother that involved his character impersonating Neil Armstrong to pick up ladies

freakish light on
    Dark Raven XDarmak
  • PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Registered User regular
    One of my Facebook friends just had a link up saying Bill Nye had passed away. It was a hoax, thankfully, but I just about had a serious "what the fuck" moment before figuring it out.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/08/27/presidential-proclamation-death-neil-armstrong
    DEATH OF NEIL ARMSTRONG

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

As a mark of respect for the memory of Neil Armstrong, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that on the day of his interment, the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset on such day. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-seventh day of August, in the year of our Lord two thousand twelve, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-seventh.

BARACK OBAMA

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    send a drone up to the moon to lower that flag to half mast.

AntimatterHunteraFirmSkaterSassoriCentipede DamascusI Win Swordfights
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I'm gonna be honest, I had assumed that Armstrong had died years ago since I've never seen an interview with him or heard news of him recently. It was always Aldrin, never Armstrong who made appearances.

I think that might just be a personality thing. When they did some things at the National Cathedral it was always Aldrin and Mike Collins. Same thing with the few NASA shindigs I got to go to.

(It makes sense that Collins would be the presenter at the National Cathedral since he used to go to St. Alban's, but I think Buzz probably just doesn't mind these short of events as much as Armstrong might have.)

Antimatter
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I didn't want to make yet another death thread, so I'll post this here: Michael Clarke Duncan died.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    fffffffffffffffffffffffuck

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    oh what the fuck i've hugged that dude

LRSpdfo.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Oh, come the fuck on.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I love the Green Mile and was hoping his career would have been bigger.

Speed Racer
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Michael Clarke Duncan was the best and he was only 54! I am super saddened by this news. He's was on of my favorite actors.

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    This year has been like a sick joke for cool people dying.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    michael clarke duncan was the best kingpin imaginable

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    :c

on a less depressing note,
    tumblr_m9rdhrk5gq1r2e1a5o1_500.jpg

Speed RacerTankHammerGrey GhostLegba
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    dang

I love him in Sin City

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    Godspeed, Papa Bear

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Also, apparently Sun Myung Moon died too.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    Also, apparently Sun Myung Moon died too.

That one I'm filing under good riddance.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh for goodness sake, 2012.

Leave some for the other years you greedy sod.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    What I remember him most from:

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm beginning to think those Mayan Doomsday Prophecies™ were referring less to the world and more to anyone remotely famous.

Tef
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Oh what the fuck Death!? I LOVED Micheal Clarke Duncan! he was one of my favorite actors. This is bullshit.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012

Ah, the days when Scrubs was sound effect crazy.

Goose! on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »

This man deserves nothing short of immortality

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    TheStig wrote: »

He gave it up to Paul Edgecomb

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Man, that is some shit. I didn't realize Michael Clarke Duncan was that old. I always loved when he'd just randomly pop up in movies like talladega nights, debs, and that awful street fighter: chun li movie.

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    I didn't want to make yet another death thread, so I'll post this here: Michael Clarke Duncan died.

I need a table to flip.

DON'T YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME, RICKY BOBBY!

Tef
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

Craig Ferguson is delighful.

• Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular

Fuck this fucking year!

Micheal Clarke Duncan seemed like such a cool guy, and I've loved him in all his roles.