As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Forumer Beer Steins - SOLD OUT

• Options
    CapeguyCapeguy New WestminsterRegistered User regular
    Hey Lexi are you around BYOC for stein pickup?

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I'm at BYOC until 9:15, then will be heading out to the Cookie Brigade Panel at the Pegasus Theater! Steins will be in hand.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    BrokenYaeroBrokenYaero Calgary, ABRegistered User new member
    I'm at BYOC until 9:15, then will be heading out to the Cookie Brigade Panel at the Pegasus Theater! Steins will be in hand.

Im at BYOC with Capeguy. Where you at?

• Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    Dangit! I was just at PC tourney and lost, so I headed to the Sheraton.

• Options
    The following folks still have steins to pick up.

I'm in BYOC between noon and 1:30 today (Sunday) and then will be at the post-closing pickup tonight, kitty corner from the Paramount Theater at 6:30 PM. I'll be there until 7:00. Come get your steins!

@Adester
    @ArcticLizard
    @Axon
    @beta_angel
    @Big Haircut
    @Catboy
    @cedelacruz
    @Chazzon
    @Crogoth
    @Danneh
    @Diffusion
    @Dopeski
    @Hackworth
    @Infidel
    @JonnyNero
    @Katie85
    @KellyShepard087
    @mcdermott
    @MissAliGirl
    @Mystral721
    @pood
    @Pythos
    @Seatownstriker
    @Smudge2626
    @Suspi
    @Teknotronic
    @thehmdx
    @TimeCruiserMike
    @zneep

• Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    Omw to kitty corner of
    paramount pickup

• Options
    14 people still need to pick up their stein(s)! 15 minutes left!

• Options
    Update: no pickup this morning - sorry, there was no room in the car! PM me to make alternate arrangements.

• Options
    cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Picked mine up yesterday! I wanted to thank you again Lexi for all your efforts in putting this all together! The steins are awesome and are made from very high quality thick glass. I'll post an action shot once I recover from the weekend. LOL

cedelacruz on
  • Options
    GhostleroYGhostleroY Registered User regular
    Hey Lexi. thanks for the beer mugs. They are super dope. Just curious did you end up with any extra?

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    LexiconGrrl

Just wanted to once again say a huge thanks for getting these custom made, and packing them up for us. 3 x steins picked up at PAX and returned to Toronto , Canada in excellent condition.

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Got home and finally opened my stein. The packing survived airport abuse perfectly and the stein looks fantastic. Thanks again!

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    DopeskiDopeski Registered User regular
    Thanks for doing this. My friends were all super jealous of the mug (I told them months ago to order one but they were too lazy).

• Options
    NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    Found out about this too late, but man, what a cool idea. Think something like this might happen again for subsequent PAXes?

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    A big shout out to Lexi for these awesome glasses! Be making a super-manly sized cosmo when I get home in her honour.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Stein made it home safe, great shit. Huzzah Lexi!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Thank you LexiconGrrl.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    +1 for suggesting the bigger box Lexi! My stein made it home intact. Although I almost broke it opening the bubble wrap and not noticing which end would loosen first when removing the tape...oops. Good thing I opened it over the carpet in my bedroom instead of the kitchen!

• Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Got a good look at them while I was at the con, but waited until I got home to open mine up...it's even prettier in my hands knowing that it's MINE ALL MINE! And I'm pleased to say that it survived its trip through the Alaska Airlines luggage-destruction machine without a scratch, kudos to Lexi for the amazing packing job (the smaller "for transport" box, too)! And, you know, for putting such an awesome collectible together in the first place! Not that I'm all that likely to put it to its intended purpose, being not much of a beer drinker, but hey, root beer counts, right?

• Options
    Got a good look at them while I was at the con, but waited until I got home to open mine up...it's even prettier in my hands knowing that it's MINE ALL MINE! And I'm pleased to say that it survived its trip through the Alaska Airlines luggage-destruction machine without a scratch, kudos to Lexi for the amazing packing job (the smaller "for transport" box, too)! And, you know, for putting such an awesome collectible together in the first place! Not that I'm all that likely to put it to its intended purpose, being not much of a beer drinker, but hey, root beer counts, right?

Thanks to YOU for helping out at the Sheraton board game night! You were a lifesaver.

• Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    My buddies picked up my steins for me, thanks! One of them has some missing black around the edges, but the other one is perfect. One will be for use and one will be for show, thank you so much for organizing this Lexi!

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    Aylaviere wrote: »
    My buddies picked up my steins for me, thanks! One of them has some missing black around the edges, but the other one is perfect. One will be for use and one will be for show, thank you so much for organizing this Lexi!

Yeah, the printers are really great but at the end of the day, they're $8 steins. I went through and pulled anything that had anything exceptionally wrong and left the rest of the imperfects. I hope you can live with the missing black lines. I can go back and get some $20 steins printed if not ;).

• Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So has anyone tried to throw these through the dishwasher yet? Since my hotel didn't even give me cups I used mine all weekend and now need to decide between hand washing or the dishwasher

• Options
    UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    Got mine home safe. Opened it first thing when I got home and I love it.

• Options
    sanovah wrote: »
    So has anyone tried to throw these through the dishwasher yet? Since my hotel didn't even give me cups I used mine all weekend and now need to decide between hand washing or the dishwasher

The dishwashwer question comes up a lot. I'd suggest hand wash. The company claims that they're dishwasher safe but as I mentioned earlier, they're $8 steins. You get what you pay for.

Hand wash.

• Options
    Okay, there are about 8 steins left for purchase if anyone wants one. These are steins that were being held as replacements in case anyone broke or lost theirs at PAX - and - steins that didn't get picked up at PAX but the purchasers have contacted me to convert their payment into a Child's Play donation and put their stein back into the order pool.

The drop-dead date for those who missed their pickups to arrange for delivery is September 9. Any remaining steins will be up for grabs then, too.

• Options
    I got most of mine home safe, only a minor chip in one which I think adds character. Filled 'em up with differing colours of beer and they all looked great!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    I got most of mine home safe, only a minor chip in one which I think adds character. Filled 'em up with differing colours of beer and they all looked great!

If you're coming to East again, remember to send a note when the steins go on sale this spring for a replacement.

• Options
    I'll be at East for sure! It's like a thousand miles closer than Prime. :P I'll also be able to drink so that's a plus. Do you know if the steins will have a new logo for East or is that too far into the future?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    That's an excellent question. I think they'll be the same. @Punzie is taking the reigns reins (spelling fail!) for steins at East, since she's on that coast. I'm actually hoping that we keep it the same stein all the time, for everyone, but that's not a promise. I do love the idea of having One Stein to Rule Them All because the community crosses all social, economic, geographic and temporal boundaries.

And because a different stein every time is expensive.

EDIT: And congratulations on your own temporal achievement, sir. I shall, if I see you, buy you a drink.

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular

Thanks to YOU for helping out at the Sheraton board game night! You were a lifesaver.

You're very welcome! I had time to kill and I felt the need to be helpful since I felt pretty much useless during the unpacking part (BIG props to the super-helpful bell staff at the Sheraton who handled most of the unloading!) And thank YOU for the drink!

• Options
    SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    *bookmarks so that she knows if steins are up for sale*

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • Options
    SwordMage wrote: »
    *bookmarks so that she knows if steins are up for sale*

Um.. yes, yes they are.

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I never had a chance to pick mine up. Is there a way to get it shipped?

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    I never had a chance to pick mine up. Is there a way to get it shipped?

Yup, just send me a PM with your preferred shipping method: USPS flat rate priority mail, or special custom shipping (insured, international, etc...) and I'll get the shipping calculated and a shipping cost sent over to you.

• Options
    craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I might have to get one at East!

Somehow I didn't check this out till after Prime... because I am a dummy.

craigums on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    That's an excellent question. I think they'll be the same. @Punzie is taking the reigns reins (spelling fail!) for steins at East, since she's on that coast. I'm actually hoping that we keep it the same stein all the time, for everyone, but that's not a promise. I do love the idea of having One Stein to Rule Them All because the community crosses all social, economic, geographic and temporal boundaries.

The idea was to do the same steins but... we might need a community logo update now that PAXtralia has been announced....

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    I think they'll be the same. I'm actually hoping that we keep it the same stein all the time, for everyone, but that's not a promise. I do love the idea of having One Stein to Rule Them All [...]
    The idea was to do the same steins but... we might need a community logo update now that PAXtralia has been announced....
    Hrm. I wonder what color PAXtralia will be. Given the three color printing limit, it might be difficult to redo it for the steins anyway.

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Okay, there are about 8 steins left for purchase if anyone wants one. These are steins that were being held as replacements in case anyone broke or lost theirs at PAX - and - steins that didn't get picked up at PAX but the purchasers have contacted me to convert their payment into a Child's Play donation and put their stein back into the order pool.

The drop-dead date for those who missed their pickups to arrange for delivery is September 9. Any remaining steins will be up for grabs then, too.

Would be interested in this if there are any left over, a friend that was at Pax but doesn't read the forums cuz he didn't realize cool stuff like steins and buttoneering were talked about would like one as he freaked when he heard about ours.

• Options
    Sigh. There are steins left over RIGHT NOW. Yes, at this very moment!! The info and order link are posted in the OP.

Now. Like, immediately.

This discussion has been closed.