As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Carnival Catastrophe (Mini)Phalla! Carnie (village) win!

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Okay, Cayrus has been rather vague to me about what he is able to do. All I've gotten is that he is special. I'm assuming a guard is watching out for him, but I suspect he might be our SK. We already know he isn't vanilla. At this point, if he was village aligned he could have given me something more solid to work with.

So yeah, guard, if we still have one, probably should watch the back of another player. I'm sure someone will sort this out.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Vote Closed

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    So if things went without a hitch, Cayrus should turn up dead.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I worked 32 hours in the last 3 days and I'm tired so you get a babby narration tonight, sorry.
    Spoit, A Delinquent Teenager - fed the lions
    Mill, a generic carnie
    - ganged up on
    Kime, a generic carnie - attacked

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    So if things went without a hitch, Cayrus should turn up dead.

When does this ever happen in Phalla? D:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    ooooo0000000ooooooo00000000oooooooo

I saw this coming!

oooooo00000000oooooooooo0000000oooo

• Options
    So, Cayrus... Mill said you should be dead but aren't. Maybe the village needs to remove you this way? :D

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Player list, I think:

Cayrus
    Taya
    Typhus733
    premium
    Cythraul
    Lucedes
    Kilnaga

• Options
    I forgot to do...

a thing

during narration. That thing has now been done

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OOOOoooOOOOOOO

My body may die, but my soul will live foreverrrrrr

And by that I mean, I rise as a brain-eating contortionist undead earthbender!

OOOOOoooOOOOOO

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Damn I'm forgetful today. I think everything should be better now.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    oooOOOooo

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling....wait

oooOOOooo

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    yeah, so.

1 mafia, 1 SK, 5 villagers.

at least i remembered to use my power.

• Options
    no wait, goddamn

it ate premium last night

• Options
    Cayrus
    Taya
    Typhus733
    Cythraul
    Lucedes
    Kilnaga

so, 4 villagers, SK, 1 mafia.

unless premium was mafia, in which case we should be in the clear.

• Options
    Or the SK never took a mafia, and Spoit is just more observant than the village. That would make 3 village, sk, 2 mafia? D:

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    well, in that case, the mafia and the sk would need to kill each other pretty quickly.

also, kilnaga, you post way too much and try to insinuate things too much.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Lucedes wrote: »
    well, in that case, the mafia and the sk would need to kill each other pretty quickly.

also, kilnaga, you post way too much and try to insinuate things too much.

Now we're left to wonder if Premium was the seer that Mill was in contact with? D:

Everybody left alive needs to sound off in thread I guess. :/

Also, thank you for proving my insinuation? :D

The network people called a kill on the person who was the potential SK and that target lived. So your response is to vote out somebody else, totally evil. :P

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Cayrus unless something seriously convincing comes up.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    I haven't liked this Cayrus from the beginning

• Options
    i figured we'd end up voting out cayrus anyway

just wanted to voice my suspicions in the most direct way possible.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Would you believe I'm a self-guard?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    kilnaga

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Options
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Would you believe I'm a self-guard?

No, because you already claimed something different once. :P

Also, if you were a self-guarding village special you would have contacted Mill and he wouldn't have had the network try and kill you. Clearly you need to be removed with the vote. The fact Lucedes is not voting with the village on this makes it pretty plain she's mafia as well. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Okay, Cayrus has agreed to call it, village win!

The spoit was the last mafia, cayrus disappeared mi-go and assuran so when he gets voted off the village wins.

• Options
    Man, I really need to learn how to lie better.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    But holy shit did the mafia get unlucky this game.

Day 1 they lose one to the SK and one to the vig, day 2 they lose one to vote, and day 3 they lose a second to the SK and the last gets seered.

If anyone is interested in the breakdowns it was 20% mafia with 2 kills, 1 village guard, seer, vig, and +1 vote minap.

The SK was the only interesting role.

SLyM on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Hey awesome I was just about to vote.

I wish I hadn't been so terrible this game. More terrible than usual. I've been crazy busy.

• Options
    Thanks for running SLyM!

I tried to target people I thought were figuring out the disappearing mechanic, which I guess meant the mafia since they figured it out early!

Then I moved to target the people I had lied to, but by then I'd vaguely lied to too many people to recover.

• Options
    if anyone wants to know what my power was, i could vote once per day to increase the number of votes on a target by one.

C:

plain vanillager.

kilnaga, i was pretty convinced you were the last mafia member. were you a village special?

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Hah, and here I was wanting to seer Cayrus on day 2 until Mill suggested MrT. Good game everyone, very fun. I had forgotten how much I enjoy these games and was so bummed when I got day one'd in Mi-go's main phalla. Though I need to work on not sounding like a mafia.

• Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    Way to tie the vote on me guys. :P

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Yay village!

Thanks for running SLyM. The SK role was awesome and gloriously unrepeatable. What was the fluff?

I went to a carnival the day I died. Oddly fitting.

• Options
    SK role pm:
    You are The Disgruntled Magician! You're sick and godamned tired of this dead-end deathtrap. You are a magician of class and skill. You can do everything; rabbits out of a top hat, doves out of sleeves, picking a card out of a deck, sawing people in half, making them disappear. You're just not that great at making them come back. You think it's time to put these carnies in their place, but the teenagers are also a nuisance. You would be best served if they were to all disappear.

Every day you can choose one player. They will be removed from the game, the player list, and will not appear in narration. Any attacks against you will fail, as you are able to disappear in a cloud of smoke. This won't save you from the lions, however.

You win when you are the only player remaining.

I'd love to read the mafia boards! Sorry I didn't get back to you Spoit, I went impromptu camping last night.

• Options

• Options
    I didn't think it wold take that long for people to notice that players were disappearing, but I guess I check the player list a lot more when I play than most other people do.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The village was awful... I got played. Good job killing the mafia, Cayrus ;)

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Darn you, Cayrus! I was formulating plans to fool the village and you.... you ruined them! T_T

Grudged.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    Hah, and here I was wanting to seer Cayrus on day 2 until Mill suggested MrT. Good game everyone, very fun. I had forgotten how much I enjoy these games and was so bummed when I got day one'd in Mi-go's main phalla. Though I need to work on not sounding like a mafia.

I like how hard you guys pushed the logic that a mafia had to be on the Anialos wagon, when you knew that MrT caused the tie (Or I would imagine you did). Just because a 4 person wagon (ON DAY 1) doesn't mean a mafia member has to be on it. If you were going for the tie angle you might have had something, but I just saw "a mafia had to be on the Ani" wagon and it might have been implicit?

Granted trying is better than those who were just doing throwaway voting/bwing and not even being called up on it.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    anyway thanks for running it @Slym and props to mi-go hunter for putting on a rather good facade. It's a pity langly and 38th weren't more active :(

Egos on