As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Carnival Catastrophe (Mini)Phalla! Carnie (village) win!

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I had the worst mafia detection skills. Almost all of the surviving village were on my list of suspects.

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Sorry about not being more active, I did not anticipate being so busy over the laborday week/weekend.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Well I didn't know MrT had tied things up till day three and based on what Slym said, 38th appears to be the mafia that the SK hit day one, so I was right about there being a mafia on the ani wagon. It's just he disappeared in a way to prevent a means take some suspicion off of either Egos or kime.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Nope

assuran, mi-go, wiet, spoit and stever777 were the mafia.

You were wrong.

Cayrus did you remove 38th day one?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I was village and got removed day 2.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Kay, that solves that.

Still I repeat, I didn't know MrT was the vote manip till day three. With two villagers dead and stever turn up red on one of the wagons, assuming there was on the ani wagon wasn't terribly play. If I had known vote manip was on the village side, I probably wouldn't have pushed for mafia on the ani wagon as hard as I did. I still would have said stever most of had it, just to ensure the mafia didn't suspect me of being in a network.

edited September 2012
    just curious was typhus intentionally making suspicious votes to keep himself alive or..?

edit: that is to say the mafia would want to keep him alive since he looked so mafia

Egos on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Yey village! Easiest win for me ever!

1. Get Day 1'd
    2. Enjoy PAX
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

edited September 2012
    No idea. I think the spoit vote was the only one we really coordinated.

I suppose there was some coordination day three but that was after things got out of hand. I also felt MrT wasn't the only vote manip out there, with the votes being 4 for mi-go, 4 for kime and 5 for you before my switch, there was the possibility of 2-3 village dying. Depending on what happened that could have brought attention to MrT (not that it matters since the mafia killed that night anyways), so I switched to ensure we had a clear vote leader.

I know Kilnaga thought Typhus was a good target for his vig action when I called for the kill on spoit.

Hilariously, if you hadn't gotten the kime wagon going and if the vote had stayed on spoit, we would have been voting out Cayrus on day 4. I have no idea if that change of events would have made him hold off on killing mi-go or not. I have a feeling Kilnaga would have still suggested Typhus after I made the call, which would have led to mi-go being the suggested target.

Edit: I did learn that when successful guards aren't mentioned. Probably should seer people like Cayrus the night after they reveal special, if they happen to be alive, sure a guard could have saved them or they could be immune to all kills that aren't the vote.

Mill on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    Yey village! Easiest win for me ever!

1. Get Day 1'd
    2. Enjoy PAX
    3. ???
    4. Profit!
    QFT

• Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    just curious was typhus intentionally making suspicious votes to keep himself alive or..?

edit: that is to say the mafia would want to keep him alive since he looked so mafia
    Nope, that's just a few years without playing this leaving me without any posting nuance.

edited September 2012
    Mill wrote: »
    Hilariously, if you hadn't gotten the kime wagon going and if the vote had stayed on spoit, we would have been voting out Cayrus on day 4. I have no idea if that change of events would have made him hold off on killing mi-go or not. I have a feeling Kilnaga would have still suggested Typhus after I made the call, which would have led to mi-go being the suggested target.

well the kime wagon as after some talk with mi-go and spoit (sadly )and I think mi-go had talked to kilnaga. Oddly I gave spoit the benefit of the doubt because of labor day. And there was only one vote on spoit. Part of the reason for the secrecy was as ironic as it was, was to gauge the mafia's reaction. To see who blindly jumped. Like typhus. The votes on me would have been shady as hell also, when you consider no explanation for any of the votes really. Granted we didn't give one for kime, but his reaction of 'HAHAHAHA" and saving his vote :) Which I guess you argue is just kime.

Regardless if you have a better idea you should go with it, aside from what nonsense is going on in the day- instead of something that seems silly. Also risk takers are rarely mafia. Considering I started a bw on kime and I had the deciding vote on Wiet (which boggles my mind that nobody cared about). Should have caused alarm.

I was kinda convinced kime was innocent after he did "you are acting evil" thing , since he did that in a past game. I was gonna switch my vote onto typhus (since he went "ok kime because bwing him is fun!" and then "egos because there is some reason to har har" , also the langly stuff) - probably wouldn't have gone anywhere. But seems like it was a good thing I didn't.

Egos on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, <3@egos, the best mafia vanillager.

Good job thyphus too, I was leaving you alive because you were being so suspicuous in the thread, I thought there was no way you would be a special

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, I was semi convinced kime wasn't mafia during the kime wagon. He was suppose to get seered by Typhus on the night he died because I was worried that he might be the SK, if it wasn't Cayrus.

The SK role was pretty neat. The only problem I see with it is that it helps the mafia be a tad bit too strong in this game. They know who they are, so when the SK kills one of them, they aren't in the dark. The village on the other hand is SoL, we don't know who they are and when someone vanishes without a trace we can't use them to try and figure things out (could have been mafia, could have been village). I'm also looking at from the whole package view because the mafia also has two kills and those seem to happen even if the remaining mafioso dies as evidenced by me and kime dying. So there are options either narration notes number of teenagers left or mafia power is reduced a little (less kills, number of kills tied to number of teenager).

I think if the mafia didn't have such terrible luck they might have won this easily, the only problem is two died day one, another got voted out day two, another died day three with the remaining one being seered. If the SK had only hit one, with nothing else changed, they might have easily won since the missing record could have shielded one. I hate to imagine how things would have gone if Typhus died on day one or two.

Anyways, thanks for running this Slym.

The SK was more effective than the village put together at finding mafia. Also, almost as hilariously overpowered as when @turkson was a self-guard thrallvlad

steam_sig.png
    Heheheheh

Sadly, I don't think Cayrus wanted to off the mafia that quickly. I'll laugh even more if he was in the dark as much as the village before the mafia told him anything.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thanks for running SLyM! It was fun :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Mill wrote: »
    Heheheheh

Sadly, I don't think Cayrus wanted to off the mafia that quickly. I'll laugh even more if he was in the dark as much as the village before the mafia told him anything.

Didn't get a chance to tell him anything! He said hi, but then didn't respond after that!

steam_sig.png
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    @Cayrus , why did you choose to kill me I wonder? Did you know I was mafia?

Also.... who was the Seer? And did he/she ever Seer me or plan to?

Typhus was the seer. No idea if he ever considered seering you mi-go, since I don't know he was considering for day one. You never came up as a seer target from day 2 on and would have been killed by Kilnaga if Cayrus hadn't done you in.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Sweet victory! That SK was super cool. I'm glad the mafia took the bait and killed me. Sorry I suspected you, Lucedes; shoulda stuck with mi-go. Thanks for running this SLyM, twas tons of fun!

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    if anyone wants to know what my power was, i could vote once per day to increase the number of votes on a target by one.

C:

plain vanillager.

kilnaga, i was pretty convinced you were the last mafia member. were you a village special?

@Lucedes I was The Shooting Gallery Operator, aka The Vig

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    VINDICATION!

i always go for the specials.

;____;

VINDICATION!

i always go for the specials.

;____;

I also killed you with my guns last night had it gone through. ;>_>

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    i always vote with my HEART~

it's my superpower

(my heart always kills village specials)

Lucedes on
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular

You said something that lead me to believe you were figuring out the mechanic, let me look for it.

Here it is:
    SLyM, can you post a list of surviving players after tonight's narration?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    i always vote with my HEART~

it's my superpower

(my heart always kills village specials)

I vote from somewhere lower. Gut instinct. It is hit and miss. I mean... I got stever Day 1 and then Cayrus was the top of my dunalist after him, and I had voted for him, but the bandwagon moved away from him after that.

I'm also surprised @mi-go hunter

I totally let things slip to you in PM I shouldn't have... things that should have made it fairly obvious I was the vig. ;>_>

- Terence McKenna
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    My fellow mafia mates,

Sorry for ignoring all your inquiries and @'s. I simply couldn't answer them after day 1 since I was erased from the phalla. In the future, if I stop posting in a phalla, but I'm still active elsewhere on this site, figure I died somehow in the phalla (or was silenced, etc).

It was frustrating realizing how boned the mafia was on day 2, but not being able to warn my mafia mates.

Cayrus for village mvp ;p.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Also, thanks for running the game, it was interesting and had a cool SK role.

Here our the mafia proboards; prizesforeveryone.freeforums.net/index.cgi

edited September 2012
    Cayrus wrote: »

You said something that lead me to believe you were figuring out the mechanic, let me look for it.

Here it is:

Oh.... DAMN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

Kilnaga wrote: »

Ehehehehehehe. I fooled Egos too. Might you have killed me eventually @Kilnaga ?

mi-go hunter on

Here it is:

Ehehehehehehe. I fooled Egos too. Might you have killed me eventually @Kilnaga ?

Nope. In my talks with Mill, he conveyed the Seers order for me to vig you and I was all "AWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww not Mi-go." Then we realized you had already been disappeared anyway and it didn't matter.

- Terence McKenna

Here it is:

Nope. In my talks with Mill, he conveyed the Seers order for me to vig you and I was all "AWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww not Mi-go." Then we realized you had already been disappeared anyway and it didn't matter.

<3

You're so sweet Kilnaga!

Here it is:

I believe mi-go and I were talking about how SlyM wasn't updating the player list ,ironically, just before she posted that. :|

Here it is:

I believe mi-go and I were talking about how SlyM wasn't updating the player list ,ironically, just before she posted that. :|

@Egos

So then you got Mi-go killed by the SK? :D

- Terence McKenna
    Also, @Blahmcblah

Thanks for taking the heat Day 2 over the whole killing stever thing. :P

I had put that order in like right as the day started, before you guys brought up the whole sports thing (I was worried at one point that I might have to change it because stever was getting votes). Totally didn't intend to set you up to eat that mafia kill but you did so with some serious grace. Pro vanillager play.

- Terence McKenna

Here it is:

@Egos

So then you got Mi-go killed by the SK? :D

mi-go probably wanted to ask regardless because of assuran. I just brought up inactivity with 38th who I didn't notice was missing from the list and 23 players ( i had forgotten 25 had signed up)- SlyM not making additions like "blank got killed night 1 " and such didn't help. I just assumed he was a lazy host. And then she said she was gonna ask in the thread if he could update the OP.

edited September 2012
    Yup, I might have survived quite a bit longer if I didn't ask for that clarification.

Of course, I never thought that asking such a harmless question would result in death!

mi-go hunter on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    It was hard finding the correct balance of not completely obfuscating everything anyone asked but not revealing more than I wanted to, which is the reason for:
    SLyM wrote: »

No player will ever receive incorrect role information about any player from the host

In response to the thralls question. No one received incorrect information, but they did occasionally receive no information.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)