As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Rolling a Warlock

1555657585961»

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That's almost my build; I didn't take intensity, I have two points in demonic embrace, and I took a point out of fel concentration to get curse of exhaustion. CoX is a nice PvP talent; kiting is life against a lot of classes with an affliction spec.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was thinking of taking intensity because without it I find the AoEs are basically useless. But thinking about it, AoEs are a pretty small percentage of the gameplay ATM. I don't know if that will ramp up in the future, though.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, 95% of the time when I'm AoEing, it's seed of corruption anyway.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And SoC rocks so damn hard

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Yeah, 95% of the time when I'm AoEing, it's seed of corruption anyway.

That's a really good point...you really convinced me there. I think I'll move the points over.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Viper007BondViper007Bond Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Slimcea wrote: »
    Also, spell penetration has no use in PvE that I know of.

Untrue. Mobs, especially bosses, partially resist my spells from time to time according to Scrolling Combat Text even with curse of shadows up. However, +20 pen to cloak is usually enough IMO. Investing in penetration gems is a waste.

Viper007Bond on
    [Sig removed for breaking the h-scroll. -Bogey]
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The partial resists you are seeing are the result primarily from the level difference between you and your target. Quoting WowWiki
    If the target is a higher level, there seems to be a base resistance that cannot be overcome by gear (2% of mitigation per level difference). This is similar to a melee class's "glancing blow."

ElitistJerks also agrees with the notion that spell penetration is worthless in PvE. Once the Subtlety enchant becomes more readily available in 2.2, I'll be going for that.

Slimcea on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Time for a thread restart. Someone make a decent new OP and I'll lock this one.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Slimcea wrote: »
    ElitistJerks also agrees with the notion that spell penetration is worthless in PvE. Once the Subtlety enchant becomes more readily available in 2.2, I'll be going for that.

Oh, well then. Yeah, I had considered getting that too, but that seals the deal. Awesome. :)

Viper007Bond on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Echo wrote: »

"lock" this one, hehe. ;-)

Viper007Bond on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    jonxp wrote: »
    I was thinking of taking intensity because without it I find the AoEs are basically useless. But thinking about it, AoEs are a pretty small percentage of the gameplay ATM. I don't know if that will ramp up in the future, though.

You want Intensity and Destructive Reach for any jack-of-all-trades build.

If you absolutely must give up a point to get CoX, I recommend taking 1 point out of Devastation, which is more or less pointless in the 41/0/20 build. Since you don't have Ruin, the crit chance is not an enormous loss.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Echo wrote: »

"lock" this one, hehe. ;-)

get out

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Warlocked

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.