As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Post-PAX Enforcer Appreciation Thread

HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
I'd just like to say how much of a wonderful experience I had at PAX this year, and I'd have to be kidding myself to think that it wasn't in large part thanks to the Enforcers going above and beyond what could be expected in order to keep the whole convention running smoothly. Talking with all of you has been a wonderful part of the convention each of the five years I've gone now, and I have to say, I'm firmly over the line now, and plan on applying to join your ranks next year. Thanks for making PAX as wonderful as it's been every year, and here's hoping that future years are even better!

That said, I'd also like to apologize to the Enforcer I was talking with for about ten minutes Saturday night, outside the Tabletop Library. I promised to play games with you on Sunday, and couldn't ever find you again! :(

Also, if the Enforcer I was playing Sentinels with at the Sheraton after the con closed on Sunday could PM me (I was the one with the sleeved set that overflowed the box), I think I have something you might like. :)

Moe Fwacky on

• Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    PAX Prime 2012 was my first PAX and the Enforcers were great. They kept things running smoothly and were always polite when letting you know if you needed to move, squeeze together, etc. They also were a lot of fun with all of their games, activities, and good cheer. Thank you, Enforcers!

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    Welcome.

• Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, first PAX with my fiance and the Enforcers were all great! Really enjoyed meeting @AaronC and @Knight_ in person!

304601_10101035563584230_16503898_n.jpg

Sharkey1337 on
  • FenrisknightFenrisknight Token Canadian CanadianRegistered User regular
    Thanks enforcers! Especially the Main Theatre ones who pretty much saw me every day all day long, it was a wild riot and a lot of fun to be entertained by you all! Thanks for making PAX such a great place!

• UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    What panels did you go to for Main theater?

• DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    I'd like to chime in here, too. The Enforcers did a marvelous job this year keeping things calm, under control, and safe. And most importantly, they were helpful. I was there helping Intel and, while I was wheeling boxes around the show floor before open, had Enforcers help clear a path for me. When I was lost, Enforcers helped me get where I was going. I didn't mind being told to step out of traffic when I got caught staring at Tim Schaefer, in all his majesty, and the enforcer did it in the politest way possible. Thanks guys, you're the best.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    I'm forever amazed at how helpful, friendly, and just all around good people the enforcers are. You all work crazy hard and yet seem like your having 10x more fun than everyone else doing it, and that cheerful, fun, vibe you all give off is infectious.

In short, thank you for being awesome. I can only hope to count myself among your number when East rolls around.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    That said, I'd also like to apologize to the Enforcer I was talking with for about ten minutes Saturday night, outside the Tabletop Library. I promised to play games with you on Sunday, and couldn't ever find you again! :(
    Might have been me.. No worries! Sunday I was trying desperately to recover my voice. And thank you for the thanks! It's a blast to just be able to help out PAX's awesome attendees. :D

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
  • FenrisknightFenrisknight Token Canadian CanadianRegistered User regular
    UNHMAN wrote: »
    What panels did you go to for Main theater?
    Q&A, Draw a Strip, Acquisitions, NASA, Khoo and A, and Both concerts. I was a tall asian dude with a shoulder backpack that had a monkey in it.

• craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    The Enforcers are amazing, most of them are super helpful and some of the friendliest people ever. It has gotten to the point now that I am excited to go to PAX to find some of the Enforcers.
    I usually only get to experience the EXPO staff.... but if I ever have a child I hope it turns out like them.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    BYOC enforcers this year were amazing. They were like an on the job, friendly, well-communicated machine. Special thanks to @jonXP for vetting and ferrying so many people back to "the corner" for all the stuff we had going on back there. Your patience is amazing.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    Thank you enorcers. I made pipecleaner demon wings for the sheep. Hope to make something for the sheep again next year! A main theater enforcer made a suggestion to me that I will definitely act on which involves getting a collection of signatures from enforcers. When I'm doing it next year I can thank a lot of you in person.

A 2nded thanks to BYOC. I was worried about the lower wall this year but I didn't need to be. You guys communicate and are friendly and great. : )

• SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    As always, the enforcers make me a happy person. They're nice to talk to, friendly, and generally all-around useful. They partly make my PAX.

I didn't catch who it was, but on Friday afternoon I was in the Borderlands line for a little while. The enforcer who was keeping an eye on it (as this was the overflow before you got to stand by the booth) was awesome and I really enjoyed chatting with him.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • groovegroove Enforcer SeattleRegistered User regular
    Seeing this thread every year makes me very happy. Thanks to every one of you for making my PAX great. Thanks to every person who shook an Enforcers hand and thanked us, it means more than we can say.

[E]
    axlky.jpg
  • sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Big thanks to all the enforcers from a now former pax noob. I can't count the number of times I had to ask you lovely guys and gals where something was and every time you were all so very helpful.

I do want to give a special thanks/shout out to two enforcers. One to the gentleman wearing the stream punk monocle and hat in the queue room all weekend, and the other to the young lady wearing the wings and skates on the 3rd floor by the magix panel Sunday. You two were both extremely helpful as well as entartaining and I especially loved your costumes

sanovah on
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    To the Enforcers who led a few of us from the airport to our hotels, I give you my sincerest thanks!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • mousekinnmousekinn Registered User regular
    I'd like to thank the attendee who bought me a coffee Friday morning just for wearing the blue! It launched me into an amazing weekend where I got to meet so many awesome people.

• TangoTango Registered User regular
    the young lady wearing the wings and skates on the 3rd floor by the magix panel Sunday.
    That would be Nix, the Raven (Theatre) Queen. :)

• jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    BYOC enforcers this year were amazing. They were like an on the job, friendly, well-communicated machine. Special thanks to @jonXP for vetting and ferrying so many people back to "the corner" for all the stuff we had going on back there. Your patience is amazing.

<3 Cookie Brigade puts in just as much work as the Enforcers do. I wish there was more we could do to help. :D

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • PRDPRD Kristin Lindsay I am a meat popsicle.Registered User regular
    What Groove said. I'm so glad to see the Enforcers getting some love, they work so hard for the show and it's great because of them.

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    PRD wrote: »
    What Groove said. I'm so glad to see the Enforcers getting some love, they work so hard for the show and it's great because of them.

Could not happen without our very own PRD. Simply couldn't!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
    edited September 2012
    About how many enforcers are there every year at pax? I see all the love here and ran into so many.amazing ones during my first ever pax this year I feel the need to make/bake something for all of them as a fun and possibly edible thank you. Also can they accept gifts and such while.doing their enforcer thing?

sanovah on
  • ChopsChops Enforcer, line entertainer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    PRD wrote: »

Well, I for one wouldn't have been there if not for PRD. She quite literally made this year, overall, the best year of my adult life.

This being my first [E] year, I was blown away by the friendliness and respect you all showed us. So this is me thanking all of you for being so awesome, and making me feel welcome.

• mikegonzalezmikegonzalez Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    The enforcers were great, especially as the con went along. I want to give particular props to the enforcers working the Gearbox panel line. That was the shortest hour-and-a-half-surrounded-by-sweaty-nerds that I have ever experienced. Special shout out to the guy who looks vaguely like Matt Stone (who was also working the main theatre line), and the female enforcer working the megaphone as we filed into the panel. You guys were great.

mikegonzalez on
    "I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    sanovah wrote: »
    About how many enforcers are there every year at pax?

I believe there were over 600 this year.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • DannicusDannicus [E] Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    In this Enforcer's opinion, this was the best PAX to date. I would like to thank all of you wonderful attendees for yet another glorious PAX! Let's face it, without you, there would be no us. You all made it very easy for those of us who work in the Expo Hall to do our job. You were patient when we asked you to move closer to booths and out of the aisles, and were very understanding when we could not allow you to get into the extremely long line that for that game you were dying to get your hands on. Again, just my take on things, but I Enforce because I love knowing that I can help others have the most incredible PAX possible.

We'll see you all in a few months out East!

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    About how many enforcers are there every year at pax? I see all the love here and ran into so many.amazing ones during my first ever pax this year I feel the need to make/bake something for all of them as a fun and possibly edible thank you. Also can they accept gifts and such while.doing their enforcer thing?

I heard we were 700 and some this year. There is nothing in our policy against accepting gifts, and we certainly take edibles. We are never all in the same place at the same time though, so difficult to get them to everyone. Perhaps just pick some area's (PC, CFP, Info, Expo, etc) and offer them to those enforcers.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Beker wrote: »

I heard we were 700 and some this year. There is nothing in our policy against accepting gifts, and we certainly take edibles. We are never all in the same place at the same time though, so difficult to get them to everyone. Perhaps just pick some area's (PC, CFP, Info, Expo, etc) and offer them to those enforcers.

Don't you guys have some enforcer party where I could trap and give gifts to you all at once? Or do I really need to make an enforcer appreciation cookie even and find minions I mean helpers to track you all down?

Cause unless homewood doesn't have one/unless I can't use my buddies oven I will probably have 600-700 maybe sugar cookies with blue frosting and a white e on them.

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    So few of us are actually able to stick around for any kind of party after PAX. I always want to, but I usually have to work the day after and it gets even harder with Prime moving to 4 days. Thanks for the thought though, it certainly makes me smile.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I gotta say, the highlight of PAX for me was a small group of people packing up their stuff in BYOC and as I walked by they said "Thank you so much for PAX."

I said "No, thank you. PAX is for and about you."

It was about all I could muster.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • ShyanaShyana Registered User regular
    Thank You all for a wonderful first PAX. As an E my department didn't need me so i spent my time in spare board which was great. I was all but adopted by the line management folks doing the swag bags. I had such a blast. I cant wait for next year to roll around I will certainly [E] again. Thanks to everyone E or not for making this such a wonderful time.

• PookieMan357PookieMan357 Registered User regular
    Just wanna make a "me, too" post when it comes to thanking the Enforcers. You guys kept the lines interesting and made me looking up that friggin' dance everybody was doing all weekend.

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

I heard we were 700 and some this year. There is nothing in our policy against accepting gifts, and we certainly take edibles. We are never all in the same place at the same time though, so difficult to get them to everyone. Perhaps just pick some area's (Main Theatre, Main Theatre, Main Theatre, etc) and offer them to those enforcers.
    ftfy

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Big, big thank you to all the enforcers. You guys are all awesome. And to the amazing enforcer who had all the mustache trivia sets - you totally made my day while in line for the prototype panel.
    Just wanna make a "me, too" post when it comes to thanking the Enforcers. You guys kept the lines interesting and made me looking up that friggin' dance everybody was doing all weekend.

What dance was it?

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    Open Gangam Style!
    Big, big thank you to all the enforcers. You guys are all awesome. And to the amazing enforcer who had all the mustache trivia sets - you totally made my day while in line for the prototype panel.

What dance was it?

What dance was it?

Also, UNKNOWN was the [E] with the mustache game.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Realized this was the wrong thread!

That being said you all did a great job, I mean there seemed to be a few who were cranky but you don't let a few bad apples spoil an orgasmic bunch such as you guys!

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Ben AbramsBen Abrams Registered User new member
    Wanted to add my voice to this. I think the Enforcers are a big part of what makes PAX such a special experience. Having the majority of the on-site logistics handled by volunteers who are really part of the same community as the attendees adds to the welcoming atmosphere that I so enjoy about PAX. I had a great conversation with enforcer Vulcnor (hope I spelled they right), and he turned me on to the idea of volunteering for East. I'll be watching for that call.

Thanks so much Enforcers!

• Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Extra-special thanks to all the BYOC Enforcers who came and got me when people were looking for coins. >.> And all those who helped me and my big ol' red scooter navigate PAX with 0 instances of vehicular manslaughter!

• JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    emimonster wrote: »
    Thank you enorcers. I made pipecleaner demon wings for the sheep. Hope to make something for the sheep again next year!

That was awesome! Sheep proudly wore those wings the rest of PAX. She and I will gladly accept anything you make for her from now on.

That being said, holy crap you guys! My second year as an enforcer in Line Entertainment, and I have to say you attendees made my PAX. Everyone was super cool, creative, and were so open to a bunch of spazs yelling at them to do things. It's always fun to play with you guys, and this year you were all on fire! So BIG thank you to all the attendees I got to meet and mess around with all weekend.

Sheep still needs a bath

This discussion has been closed.