Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Dark Souls] If only I could be so grossly incandescent (as Durante) - Res fix in OP

194959799100102

Posts

  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    stigweard wrote: »
    Humanity stock is best used when you are invading another realm. You can pop one and get health from it where normal health items don't work.

    edit: Polarite reminded me of the stat bonuses. iirc, it also helps with resistances to have a stack of ten on hand. It might have gone higher but I'm pretty sure it was nerfed some in a patch.
    Raiden333 wrote: »


    I dunno if it's because it's late and I'm tired, but I cannot stop laughing.

    I'm not sure what the guy's fixation on the souls he gets for defeating a host is. It's not based on their SL, it's based on how many souls they had. It's not hard to be wandering around with several million that you don't want to spend.

    From the wiki forums.
    What determines how many souls you gain from killing a player in PvP? Is it just a formula based strictly off the other person's level? Or are there other variables that determine your overall gain, such as number of souls they are holding, humanity etc.?

    Strictly their level. as I understand if you are the host it is half the amount of souls they require to gain a level and if an invader it is 1/10th

    Invaders invade UP. SO a level 50 invader might invade a level 80 host. So the host gets 50% of the souls, but that is more like 10-25% of their level. The invader gets 10% of the hosts souls, which, because the host is much higher level, c=is also around 25% of that which they need ot level up. It actually balances itself out.
    (All numbers are purely theoretical and arbitrarily chosen to show a point)


    Yeah, that's straight up wrong.

    I have personally gotten as many as 1.2 million souls for a kill, and quite often gotten 300k-800k. I know for a fact that none of these players were cheating and that many of them were doing dedicated PvP, and so were carrying around a great many souls. I have also killed a great many people in the SL 80-120 range and gotten 5k or whatever.

    You definitely get a percentage of the souls the person was carrying, unless they changed this entirely for the PC release.

    Walker wrote: »
    krylon666 wrote: »
    I've found that magic in pvp is extremely laggy. I've only been on the receiving end, but shots that go nowhere near me (on my screen) still connect and fuck me up. Obviously with that happening, evading the shots by rolling is extremely difficult. Maybe this isn't always the case, but the few sorcerers I ran into had an advantage because of this.
    There is no "advantage", its just just lag, they probably arent even aware its happening cos in their world they saw it hit - I hate getting lag back stabbed but its just one of those things, dont recall it ever happening in Demon Souls pvp.
    I find ranged sorcery shots very difficult to land once they know I'm coming after them, very easy to dodge hence use of camouflage, try and take them by surprise so they dont have time to dodge, or equip hcsm and just roll right into them.


    A good trick for landing soulspears is to throw down a poison mist and cast out of the fog.

    Sokpuppet on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    The DLC boss just made me ragequit. He attacks. Then he attacks again. He keeps on attacking, over and over with brief breaks as he flies through the air to attack over your shield. Last attempt I had maybe 2 seconds to drop my shield to regain stamina in the entire fight, he'd just keep flurrying over and over and over again. No breaks to heal, no breaks to regain stamina. 5 attempts where he just batters through my 40 endurance stamina bar and Havel's armor without letting up.

    Apparently I'm missing something huge with this guy.

    Which boss?
    I appreciate the gentle guidance from you guys.

    Makes me feel like picking this back up even more...

    i know most folks posting here are new PC players, but can anyone speak to the recent quality of the 360 experience? I know it was patched after I stopped playing to fix some item balance PVP wise and apparently summoning is improved?

    Is there still enough of a player base?

    I've never been the client, but I haven't had a problem with summoning other people. There's always tons of people around each fire, at least for the harder bosses. And speaking of summoning, quick question/verification on Sunbros.
    I know to join you need 25 <= (faith + 5*S) where S is your successful co-op encounters as client. I'm not a faith oriented character, so I'll need to do a few encounters to get into the covenant. First, does that carry over to NG+? Second, to confirm how betrayal works, do I have to do something like attacking Solaire, or will just switching to a new covenant lose me my miracles?

    The Lightning Spear miracles aren't lost on leaving. I don't think you can actually betray Warriors by anything other than leaving (without a stop by Oswald).


    Trying to get to Reah and save her from Tomb of the Giants. Of course, there's no bonfire I've found, so I have to run past the bonewheel room every time, then a bunch of giant skeletons that I can't block even if I try (mercifully, I can one-shot them with lightning spear, but...), and then the hollows are freaking tough. My weapons are solely in need of improvement, but... faith build.

    Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • LanrutconLanrutcon Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    The DLC boss just made me ragequit. He attacks. Then he attacks again. He keeps on attacking, over and over with brief breaks as he flies through the air to attack over your shield. Last attempt I had maybe 2 seconds to drop my shield to regain stamina in the entire fight, he'd just keep flurrying over and over and over again. No breaks to heal, no breaks to regain stamina. 5 attempts where he just batters through my 40 endurance stamina bar and Havel's armor without letting up.

    Apparently I'm missing something huge with this guy.

    Which boss?
    I appreciate the gentle guidance from you guys.

    Makes me feel like picking this back up even more...

    i know most folks posting here are new PC players, but can anyone speak to the recent quality of the 360 experience? I know it was patched after I stopped playing to fix some item balance PVP wise and apparently summoning is improved?

    Is there still enough of a player base?

    I've never been the client, but I haven't had a problem with summoning other people. There's always tons of people around each fire, at least for the harder bosses. And speaking of summoning, quick question/verification on Sunbros.
    I know to join you need 25 <= (faith + 5*S) where S is your successful co-op encounters as client. I'm not a faith oriented character, so I'll need to do a few encounters to get into the covenant. First, does that carry over to NG+? Second, to confirm how betrayal works, do I have to do something like attacking Solaire, or will just switching to a new covenant lose me my miracles?

    The Lightning Spear miracles aren't lost on leaving. I don't think you can actually betray Warriors by anything other than leaving (without a stop by Oswald).


    Trying to get to Reah and save her from Tomb of the Giants. Of course, there's no bonfire I've found, so I have to run past the bonewheel room every time, then a bunch of giant skeletons that I can't block even if I try (mercifully, I can one-shot them with lightning spear, but...), and then the hollows are freaking tough. My weapons are solely in need of improvement, but... faith build.
    Mr Don'tgivenofucks Abysswalker

    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    ruzkin wrote: »
    Poison ain't no thang, I just wait for it to run down. Toxic, on the other hand...

    Speaking of, how high does your resistance need to be in order for toxic to be significantly weaker?

    I imagine the answer to be "a lot".

    Also joined the cat's covenant, which means no more forest grinding. Still, being summoned to punish online players seems too cool to pass up.

  • Adam BombAdam Bomb Registered User regular
    I have an awful time getting summoned, or finding anyone to summon. I'm trying to beat Capra. I tried him seven or eight times solo, once as a human with a helper, once as hollow as the helper, and didn't get his health below half any of those times. I only managed to kill the dogs twice out of those 10 or so attempts. I have a spear +3 and my guy is a level 29 pyromancer.

    I think I might just head to Darkroot. I have the winged spear, but I need another level, or was it two, in dex before I can use it effectively.

    2 things:
    1. It doesn't take all that long to farm up enough shards/souls to upgrade your weapon/shield to +5 and your armor to +3 by running through the Undead Parish while leaving your summon sign to help with gargoyle fights. It is worth it.
    2. Instead of levelling towards the winged spear, another option would be to upgrade your pyro flame until you can one-shot dogs with combustion. Combustion casts pretty fast and doesn't take precious stamina to cast, so it will be available for blocking or dodging.

    As noted elsewhere, make a break for the stairs. If you have them, both the Hidden Body and Aural Decoy sorceries will help keep the dogs off your ass when you first enter the room.

  • AistanAistan Registered User regular
    .
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    The DLC boss just made me ragequit. He attacks. Then he attacks again. He keeps on attacking, over and over with brief breaks as he flies through the air to attack over your shield. Last attempt I had maybe 2 seconds to drop my shield to regain stamina in the entire fight, he'd just keep flurrying over and over and over again. No breaks to heal, no breaks to regain stamina. 5 attempts where he just batters through my 40 endurance stamina bar and Havel's armor without letting up.

    Apparently I'm missing something huge with this guy.

    Don't block. Dodge roll everything. He'll do an attack where he lunges straight at you with his sword, if you dodge that you can get a couple hits in as he recovers. That's the main opening, but sometimes you can get a hit in every so often if he's in a little break period. Also if you have a bow, when he starts to power up shoot him in the head, it interrupts it and he won't be doing crazy damage.

    Other than that... good luck. He's pretty hard.

    steam_sig.png
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I've tried dicking around with co-op a bit, helping people out. Jesus but people are dumb! I hope I'm not that bad when I summon assistants into my world (I probably am). It's a pretty terrific way of getting souls, though. Sometimes the third guy in the group ends up being ridiculously OP and curb stomps Smaugh and Ornstein single handedly while the host and I chill out.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I don't think I'll ever play NG+.

    I cannot handle the torture that is the sniper section of Anor Londo.

    $*((*&#@&;*(!@*)(!*()!*@)*(

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Drez,
    Just dash the fuck up the right side. Move close to the knight on the right. When you get close enough, he'll pull out his sword. Then retreat. Run all the way back to your safe position halfway up the run. The knight is dumb and will jump off the ledge in his bloodthirsty quest to hurt you. After that it's pretty much clear. Run right back up and around. You don't have to fight either one of the bastards, just dodge long enough.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drez,
    Just dash the fuck up the right side. Move close to the knight on the right. When you get close enough, he'll pull out his sword. Then retreat. Run all the way back to your safe position halfway up the run. The knight is dumb and will jump off the ledge in his bloodthirsty quest to hurt you. After that it's pretty much clear. Run right back up and around. You don't have to fight either one of the bastards, just dodge long enough.

    I got past him finally, by doing this:
    Ran up to the first square thing, ran around to the right, ran forward to the wall, ran to the right a few steps, raised shield and targeted the archer on the right and kept my shield up (had Crest Shield which is 100% phys resist). He knocked himself off by hitting my shield.

    Still completely fucking annoying, though, and I don't want to ever deal with it again.

    Also,
    I'm up to S&O now. I have a Queelag Furysword +2 and a Zweihander +10. Any suggestions on what I should use? Also, any suggestions on whether I should go back to the first bonfire or keep using the second bonfire?

    Also, will I miss anything/lock myself out of anything if I beat S&O? Any NPC black phantoms here?

  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    2nd Bonfire is the easiest route with the shortcuts open. 2 Silver Knights are about the only mandatory kills. First Bonfire is a really long walk, and after all the shortcuts you'll either have all the guardians going for you or Gargoyles, and makes juking the ones near the boss fog more annoying. Only reason to use the first is if maybe you don't have the humanity to kindle the 2nd one and you really need all 10 flasks for the fight.

    The only thing you get locked out of with the O&S fight is who you kill last is who you get loot from (and a vendor will see his armor later).

    Corpekata on
    steam_sig.png
    Add me on PSN, Raptr and Wii U and probably every other gaming service under the name: Corpekata
    3ds Friend code: 2251-4724-0730
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    How much strength do I need to 1-hand a furysword?

    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Furysword has some really low requirements. Like 10 or 11 STR and sub 15 Dex off the top of my head.

    steam_sig.png
    Add me on PSN, Raptr and Wii U and probably every other gaming service under the name: Corpekata
    3ds Friend code: 2251-4724-0730
  • krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    august - 11/13 str/dex

    Monster Hunter 3GU - hastur23 (WiiU) - geek - bgg geek page - Looking for pilots! - Combat Flight Sim thread
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Thanks.

    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    2nd Bonfire is the easiest route with the shortcuts open. 2 Silver Knights are about the only mandatory kills. First Bonfire is a really long walk, and after all the shortcuts you'll either have all the guardians going for you or Gargoyles, and makes juking the ones near the boss fog more annoying. Only reason to use the first is if maybe you don't have the humanity to kindle the 2nd one and you really need all 10 flasks for the fight.

    The only thing you get locked out of with the O&S fight is who you kill last is who you get loot from (and a vendor will see his armor later).

    Thanks!

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    If I take out those giants before this boss...they respawn, don't they? :(

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Yes they do, but I wouldn't worry about them. They're pretty easy to just dodge around. Wait until the one closer to the door moves behind the pillar, then just run around the pillar and make a dash for the door.

  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Only reason to bother with the giants is if you want to summon Soltaire for the fight, as he doesn't like to abuse the boss fog and will probably just fight them anyways.

    steam_sig.png
    Add me on PSN, Raptr and Wii U and probably every other gaming service under the name: Corpekata
    3ds Friend code: 2251-4724-0730
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    The DLC boss just made me ragequit. He attacks. Then he attacks again. He keeps on attacking, over and over with brief breaks as he flies through the air to attack over your shield. Last attempt I had maybe 2 seconds to drop my shield to regain stamina in the entire fight, he'd just keep flurrying over and over and over again. No breaks to heal, no breaks to regain stamina. 5 attempts where he just batters through my 40 endurance stamina bar and Havel's armor without letting up.

    Apparently I'm missing something huge with this guy.

    Which boss?
    I appreciate the gentle guidance from you guys.

    Makes me feel like picking this back up even more...

    i know most folks posting here are new PC players, but can anyone speak to the recent quality of the 360 experience? I know it was patched after I stopped playing to fix some item balance PVP wise and apparently summoning is improved?

    Is there still enough of a player base?

    I've never been the client, but I haven't had a problem with summoning other people. There's always tons of people around each fire, at least for the harder bosses. And speaking of summoning, quick question/verification on Sunbros.
    I know to join you need 25 <= (faith + 5*S) where S is your successful co-op encounters as client. I'm not a faith oriented character, so I'll need to do a few encounters to get into the covenant. First, does that carry over to NG+? Second, to confirm how betrayal works, do I have to do something like attacking Solaire, or will just switching to a new covenant lose me my miracles?

    The Lightning Spear miracles aren't lost on leaving. I don't think you can actually betray Warriors by anything other than leaving (without a stop by Oswald).


    Trying to get to Reah and save her from Tomb of the Giants. Of course, there's no bonfire I've found, so I have to run past the bonewheel room every time, then a bunch of giant skeletons that I can't block even if I try (mercifully, I can one-shot them with lightning spear, but...), and then the hollows are freaking tough. My weapons are solely in need of improvement, but... faith build.
    Mr Don'tgivenofucks Abysswalker
    Oh. Him. Ugh. Much tougher than previous fight. Thing to know - every 25% HP (unless you tear it off REALLY fast past the mark) he'll backflip away a couple times and try to charge up his super-death-kill-everything mode. Don't let him. Seriously. Chase him down and beat the shit out of him. If you do that, he flinches, doesn't get to go massive-uber-damage-unblockable, and dies easily to a poise setup, because he's not all that tough, just really, really offensive.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I officially give up. This game is just a constant exercise in frustration.

  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    You'll be back. S&O are the most rewarding boss fight in the history of gaming.
    Just imagine how it'll feel when you finally show that furry douche who's who.

    also - the game gets a lot easier after them.
    no it doesn't

    Sokpuppet on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Also, the bounding demons don't respawn.


    Gaping Dragon is probably the easiest hard-looking boss. Just stay far away from it and only go in when you're sure it's done wailing at you. Lots of fun with two skilled helpers.

    Actually, I'd give that honor to Scaleless whathisface. You circle him, run right into his model from the side, start swinging. Every attack misses you 90% of the time, and when something does tag you it's usually minor damage from the crystal field...which you just avoid by hugging him again.

    The tail makes him a nightmare.

    vWGemDJ.png
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I officially give up. This game is just a constant exercise in frustration.

    After having given up on the 360 I decided that I would still play on PC with the help of a hex editor. I know it makes me a coward, but I don't care! And I don't invade/kill invaders. I just dance around when someone invades until they realize they can't kill me and they typically leave. Except for one guy who watched me poorly fight those giants in the room before O&S. He just sat there and...stared.

  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Why wouldn't you just play in offline mode?

    steam_sig.png
    Add me on PSN, Raptr and Wii U and probably every other gaming service under the name: Corpekata
    3ds Friend code: 2251-4724-0730
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    O&S is the most fun fight in the game.


    JUST NEVER DO IT SOLO.

    If you have help, have someone distract Smough while you dance around with Ornstein for the most fun. Or just both of you blitz Ornstein.

    cj iwakura on
    vWGemDJ.png
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you just play in offline mode?

    Because I look at the hints still and rate them accordingly. I never knew what "need humanity" meant before, and now I feel obligated to + them.

  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Turns out I was missing a bonfire in the Tomb of the Giants. And it's warpable.

    Have now rescued Reah, obtained Wrath of the Gods, used said miracle to farm souls, and now bought her out, so that's taken care of. And picked up the Large Divine Ember, so my caestus now has B faith scaling, which helps the damage a fair bit (but still nowhere near bone fist+sunlight blade for just beating the crap out of things).

    Miracles might be the best way to farm Painted World, because Wrath casts so fast. And Homeward means you don't need to use the bonfire inside the painted world, which means you don't need to fight your way out when you're finished.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I think the sunbro covenant is bugged on the PC - or there's some weird "account-wide" stuff going on. I helped enough bros out on my darkwraith to join the covenant, which I didn't but got the achievement for finding it. I was then able to join the covenant on a second character as soon as I could get to the altar. So I joined with that character. Then, back on my darkwraith, I helped someone beat a boss and I got a sunlight medal.

    I remember reading on a wiki that if any of your characters are guilty - they're all susceptible to being invaded by the dark moon covenant. Something like that, maybe that one was only related to killing that one npc.

    krylon666 on
    Monster Hunter 3GU - hastur23 (WiiU) - geek - bgg geek page - Looking for pilots! - Combat Flight Sim thread
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I have an awful time getting summoned, or finding anyone to summon. I'm trying to beat Capra. I tried him seven or eight times solo, once as a human with a helper, once as hollow as the helper, and didn't get his health below half any of those times. I only managed to kill the dogs twice out of those 10 or so attempts. I have a spear +3 and my guy is a level 29 pyromancer.

    I think I might just head to Darkroot. I have the winged spear, but I need another level, or was it two, in dex before I can use it effectively.
    On Capra
    Use those stairs! IIRC, I climbed up the stairs and onto the tree branch. The dogs are faster, so they managed to get up there with me, but Capra was left waiting. After you kill the dogs, it's not easy but you have a lot more breathing room. You'll basically want to repeatedly use the drop down attack. Wait until capra's next to the stairs and you're at the top, then jump off and use your basic attack (R1 on 360) for huge damage. Immediately run away, don't engage him. You can chill out on the trees by the stairs if you need a second for estus.
    Adam Bomb wrote: »
    2 things:
    1. It doesn't take all that long to farm up enough shards/souls to upgrade your weapon/shield to +5 and your armor to +3 by running through the Undead Parish while leaving your summon sign to help with gargoyle fights. It is worth it.
    2. Instead of levelling towards the winged spear, another option would be to upgrade your pyro flame until you can one-shot dogs with combustion. Combustion casts pretty fast and doesn't take precious stamina to cast, so it will be available for blocking or dodging.

    As noted elsewhere, make a break for the stairs. If you have them, both the Hidden Body and Aural Decoy sorceries will help keep the dogs off your ass when you first enter the room.

    thanks for the tips, guys

    i am having an awful time engaging in jolly co-op. i put my sign down, wait around, run around, five minutes later i get a message saying my sign has disappeared
    i don't have combustion, i haven't found the pyromancer teacher guy. can i level up the flame before i find that guy? i don't even know where to look for him

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    You can't get combustion until after you kill Capra, unless you have the Master Key I think (and I'm not really sure). Capra drops the key to where the Pyro teacher is, he's no too far into that area.

    Summon sign disappearing is likely because you're zoning out of the intended area. It can be hard to gauge on some areas where exactly you can't go when you have a summon sign down.

    steam_sig.png
    Add me on PSN, Raptr and Wii U and probably every other gaming service under the name: Corpekata
    3ds Friend code: 2251-4724-0730
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    You can't get combustion until after you kill Capra, unless you have the Master Key I think (and I'm not really sure). Capra drops the key to where the Pyro teacher is, he's no too far into that area.

    Summon sign disappearing is likely because you're zoning out of the intended area. It can be hard to gauge on some areas where exactly you can't go when you have a summon sign down.

    Anor Londo is a bitch in that regard.

    And you have to kill the Capra, Master Key doesn't unlock the depths. In theory, there is a way to get combustion without ever going into the depths though, because Quelana sells it (and you can get upgrades to the flame from Eingyi), but that would be silly, since Capra's not that hard once you survive the first five seconds.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    The tail makes him a nightmare.
    I kinda got the timing down to a science for that fight, and know EXACTLY when to run away to keep from getting hit from the tail. Plus then you cut it off, and he's absolutely easy.

    M A G I K A Z A M
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Haha, I'm in Anor Londo and I skipped Capra and Gaping, eff those bosses and eff their areas.

    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Haha, I'm in Anor Londo and I skipped Capra and Gaping, eff those bosses and eff their areas.

    I actually thought Gaping Demon was the easiest boss in the game. Only one I've beaten first try, in fact.

    steam_sig.png
  • AistanAistan Registered User regular
    I was doing some grinding and cleanup before going to beat the game, and I saw my first gravelord sign... ever, I think. I've been affected by them before but always had someone else kill them before I could find the sign.

    It was in the Tomb of the Giants, right out in the open near the first bonfire. I figured i'd give the Lifehunt Scythe a try, since i've never used it in pvp before, but then I don't do much pvp anyway. Turns out it works pretty amazingly, especially in tight corridors with its wide swings.

    With that experience I kind of wish any of my Darkmoon Blade invasions had worked while I was grinding up Souvenirs of Reprisal in the Painted World. It would have been nice to see if that experience could have been typical.

    steam_sig.png
  • BehemothBehemoth Registered User regular
    Man, the final boss of the new content is really hard.

    The new areas are cool, though. One is mostly the same as Darkroot Garden, but with different enemies, but the other is a big intricate town, kinda like Undead Burg. It helps fill in some of the plot too.
    By letting you meet the other 3 knights of Gwyn: Artorias, Ciaran and Hawkeye Gough. Artorias actually gets corrupted by the Abyss, and you have to kill him. Gough gets locked up by him and is just sitting around carving weird heads out of archtree wood. Ciaran mourns Artorias, and gives you some special daggers in exchange for his soul. (I just killed her because I wanted her armor, it's cool-looking)

    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    You can't get combustion until after you kill Capra, unless you have the Master Key I think (and I'm not really sure). Capra drops the key to where the Pyro teacher is, he's no too far into that area.

    Summon sign disappearing is likely because you're zoning out of the intended area. It can be hard to gauge on some areas where exactly you can't go when you have a summon sign down.

    Anor Londo is a bitch in that regard.

    And you have to kill the Capra, Master Key doesn't unlock the depths. In theory, there is a way to get combustion without ever going into the depths though, because Quelana sells it (and you can get upgrades to the flame from Eingyi), but that would be silly, since Capra's not that hard once you survive the first five seconds.

    Master key opens havels basement, which leads into valley of the drakes, and the back entrance to the swamp. Bypasses the depths completely.

    Useful for NG+ because seriously.... blightown. Do you really want to amp up the difficulty and do it again?

  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    Honestly, once you know where the blowgun snipers are, Blighttown isn't that bad. The swamp is also easy to navigate once you've done it once. So it might have harder enemies on a new game+, but I would think it to be easier.

    M A G I K A Z A M
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Honestly Blighttown is fun. It's a good place to invade people.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
This discussion has been closed.