As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Jack Bros./Shin Megami Tensei] - P4G is out! Have you Social Linked yet?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I hear they provide lots of quality voice work.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Dear god, Megrez has completely stopped my progression in DS2. Is there a particular trick to him?

KiTA on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    VxqYQ.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Wind resistance/absorb and he goes down like a complete chump. Way overrated compared to some of the later bosses.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    And Anonymous, change the title, that is in no way seriously happening.
    You are such a killjoy. :(

But you put up that excellent photoshop, so all is forgiven.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Wind resistance/absorb and he goes down like a complete chump. Way overrated compared to some of the later bosses.

The WR bit is the easy bit, its when he does Power charge and Andalucia. Also exploring everywhere I was only level 15 when I first fought him; the only thing that null/absorbs wind at that level is Shiisa. Grind to 18 and use the physical resistance magatama and he's pretty simple (on normal) but otherwise he's pretty obnoxious.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Man I still haven't beaten Matador after owning the game for like 3 years. Not because it's difficult, I just buy too many games. Still have to beat DDS1 and 2, Devil Summoner 2, Nocturne and Devil Survivor. At the last boss of DDS but trying to get myself pumped enough to actually beat it is surprisingly hard. And if I actually found Devil Summoner 1 for a decent price I would probably buy it on the spot.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »

The WR bit is the easy bit, its when he does Power charge and Andalucia. Also exploring everywhere I was only level 15 when I first fought him; the only thing that null/absorbs wind at that level is Shiisa. Grind to 18 and use the physical resistance magatama and he's pretty simple (on normal) but otherwise he's pretty obnoxious.

Fog Breath.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    Dear god, Megrez has completely stopped my progression in DS2. Is there a particular trick to him?
    Basically, for easiest way to do him go to Tokyo. There you either get yamatos help, or the best partymembers for the job anyway. You want 2 magicusers on boss duty, and 2 others on enemy/aoe damage thingie spawn duty. You will have to force him to move 3 times, you can't kill him before the last time. I'm fairly sure he had a weakness, just pummel that with a dance and you should deal enough damage. The movement order is middle>right side>left side>middle. I usually send both to middle, and when he moves off to the right I send one person there, and one person to the left point, so I can hit him at once after he moves the second time. After that send all mid and zerg him down before the turn limit is over.

There is a point you can stand that stops one of the enemy spawns from actually reaching you, the platform in the middle of everything. There is only one square they can move to, and put someone there to get some pressure off. This also happens to be close to the aoe things spawnpoint, so you can nuke them down if you need to. It is probably the hardest fight in the game, due to the lack of options for party setups you have.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Fog Breath.
    Even then, you can still get incredibly unlucky. I once had matador (Who was fog breathed, of course) use andalucia and take the Demi-fiend down from full health to dead, because every single hit of the attack hit him.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

Didn't think he was rated that highly to begin with. He just catches people off guard. I don't think I even set up my resistances for him.

But all of this misses the point. He is super stylish. And I have family in Andalucía.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »

Fog Breath.

aka level 21 with Wadatsumi and impossible to know on a first playthrough as it's hidden behind two subpar skills (10% mana and ice enhance)? :P

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    The CoH crisis has gotten me interested in trying out MMOs again, so I'm thinking of giving Imagine a shot. How is it for casual, F2P players who don't plan on a big time investment?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    The CoH crisis has gotten me interested in trying out MMOs again, so I'm thinking of giving Imagine a shot. How is it for casual, F2P players who don't plan on a big time investment?

From what I heard, prepare for SHITLOADS OF GRINDING.

To elaborate:

EVOL wrote: »
    Is Imagine any good? I heard that it had massive amounts of grinding which was an automatic turn-off for me.

Massive amounts AFTER you buy (with real money) the items to boost your EXP/money gains by a million times. Also walking speed.

EVOL on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular

Is he the one that changes his immunities from Phys to certain magic, and looks like a big spike bomb? Yeah, get a decent level and start by clearing the enemies, then split up your party into the three north-western points and whittle him down bit by bit. Survival and huge offense is key here.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Basically, for easiest way to do him go to Tokyo. There you either get yamatos help, or the best partymembers for the job anyway. You want 2 magicusers on boss duty, and 2 others on enemy/aoe damage thingie spawn duty. You will have to force him to move 3 times, you can't kill him before the last time. I'm fairly sure he had a weakness, just pummel that with a dance and you should deal enough damage. The movement order is middle>right side>left side>middle. I usually send both to middle, and when he moves off to the right I send one person there, and one person to the left point, so I can hit him at once after he moves the second time. After that send all mid and zerg him down before the turn limit is over.

There is a point you can stand that stops one of the enemy spawns from actually reaching you, the platform in the middle of everything. There is only one square they can move to, and put someone there to get some pressure off. This also happens to be close to the aoe things spawnpoint, so you can nuke them down if you need to. It is probably the hardest fight in the game, due to the lack of options for party setups you have.
    My latest try I had my MC go right after stomping him in the middle (Ice Dance + Ice Boost), and he got an attack off. MC is pure magic, level 33, with Ice Dance / Drain / Recarm. Going to drop Recarm on him for Media for now, as Moloc has Recarm, and I really need to bump up my survival at this point.

His force attack destroyed my party (Moloch and whatever Kishin I have), although they were admittedly kinda beat down at the time, having already taken two attacks from him.
    Extra Turn gave him a chance to hit my MC with a physical attack, which hit for 400 damage (Critical). That's over twice his max HP.

I'll try again I suppose. Part of the problem is that my demons on my MC's team are physical based and eh. Not that great to be honest. I might get the level 30ish Avian which IIRC nulls Force and is strong against phys, the combination of which should be enough to screw that stupid puffball over.

Ah, and the Level 33 Wilder (the stupid beaver) is also anti phys anti force. And has the extra movement that seems essential. I am going to try to go after the Miasma this time instead of blitzing at him, and see just how bad the time limit really is.

Is he the one that changes his immunities from Phys to certain magic, and looks like a big spike bomb? Yeah, get a decent level and start by clearing the enemies, then split up your party into the three north-western points and whittle him down bit by bit. Survival and huge offense is key here.

Wait, he changes his immunities? And I still don't have Holy Dance. Ffffffffff....

KiTA on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular

From what I heard, prepare for SHITLOADS OF GRINDING.

To elaborate:

Is Imagine any good? I heard that it had massive amounts of grinding which was an automatic turn-off for me.

Massive amounts AFTER you buy (with real money) the items to boost your EXP/money gains by a million times. Also walking speed.

After playing for an hour or so, I can see that. And I don't know why, but it's not opening a full window for me. The walking speed is definitely killing me the most. That an an archaic interface.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    We better get Eternal Punishment PSP. I really want the game with a good translation at least. Though the quality of life upgrades from the remake don't hurt. :x
    I also must complete my desire to own every mainline Persona game on a single handheld.

Yeah, if we don't get EP, it'll be a shame. I mean, with EP, we're all caught up on the Persona series in the US, right?

I'm still a bit worried that we haven't heard anything yet. Not about Soul Hackers, not about SMT4, not about P2EPR, not about EO4. Aren't they normally a bit more... transparent?

The thing is, Atlus USA doesn't like to announce things until they're almost completely done. That way, they can load up the Marketing Cannon with screenshots and videos in full English and blast everything from the first minute of announcement all the way up until release.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Edit: Oops wrong persona thread

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I've been follow a "Let's play" of Nocturne. My favorite demon so far is Dionysus. I hope he is on SMT IV.

"What are we gonna do tonight Dawg-nysus?"
    "F*ck bitches, get macca."

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a copy of the piece of artwork that came out right around when FES was launching that had Margaret in front of the gates of Tartarus? I've been looking for it and failing miserably for some reason.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think you might be misremembering and thinking of Elizabeth and a different set of doors. (FES/Arena Spoiler Image)
    VjWPJ.jpg

She WILL save Minato. She'll find a way. The personification of mandkind's hatered, grief, and negative emotions is nothing in the face of a demigodess in love.

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    I think you might be misremembering and thinking of Elizabeth and a different set of doors. (FES/Arena Spoiler Image)
    VjWPJ.jpg

She WILL save Minato. She'll find a way. The personification of mandkind's hatered, grief, and negative emotions is nothing in the face of a demigodess in love.

Shit, you're right. Thank you so much.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Man, Nyx does not look confident.

"Look, we can talk. This isn't what it looks like! It's... some other guy! pleasedon'tkillme"

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Man, Nyx does not look confident.

"Look, we can talk. This isn't what it looks like! It's... some other guy! pleasedon'tkillme"
    Well, shoe DOES throw him up to the friggin' MOON before she kills him.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Erebus, not Nyx

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Okay, so maybe it's not being delivered in the most ideal way, but those who were bummed that composer Yuzo Koshiro (who's going to be at MAGFest XI!) decided to go with a warmer, live performance-oriented style for Etrian Odyssey IV's soundtrack should be pleased that he has prepared FM synthesis versions of some of his tracks for an upcoming CD titled Etrian Odssey IV: FM Arrange + Drama CD.

The two-disc collection has an October release date and will feature selections from the game arranged in the classic FM format as well as a drama section recorded in Japanese. While I loved Koshiro's change in direction for Etrian Odyssey IV (see our review in Note Worthy 005), it'll be great to have my appetite for nostalgic game music satiated as well. It's available for pre-order on CD Japan, and while you're at it, don't forget the SUPER ARRANGE VERSION album which will sport remixes by a bunch of people associated with the Falcom jdk Band (out on September 5, pick it up here).

Are you still desperately waiting for this game to be announced for regions outside of Japan? Will you be picking up any of the three musical offerings that are slated to highlight Yuzo Koshiro's soundtrack?

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    And this is relevant to SMT because?...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Starting P3 FES, and I named him Minato. I want nothing to do with these miserable piles of grimdark.

And I want to punch Junpei in the dick already.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Starting P3 FES, and I named him Minato. I want nothing to do with these miserable piles of grimdark.

And I want to punch Junpei in the dick already.

It doesn't help that his voice is Vic Mignogna, So I get to hear Edward Elric hit on everyone in the creepiest way without a "punch me in the dick" option.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Junpei is the MAN.

Y'alls just haters.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    More like STUPEI

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Whole buncha wrong opinions up in here. All you Junpei haters probably like Aigis and Naoto too.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I can maybe understand not liking Junpei if you're still pretty early in on the game. He grows on you.

• Options
    I can maybe understand not liking Junpei if you're still pretty early in on the game. He grows on you.

I hope so. :(

• Options
    Well, he's cool, then has a down period, then he's cool again.

He has good taste in women, so there's that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Also, Evokers are the worst thing. Fucking Japan.

• Options
    Akihiko still looks boss with one. In P4A too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

He has one? I didn't notice.

• Options
    Cantido wrote: »

He has one? I didn't notice.

The entire cast does, except Koromaru and Aigis, and Strega.

wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.