As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Pre-FAQ FAQ Thread (Post East questions here until the big FAQ is ready)

2»

• Options
    The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    I should be heading to East 2013 for my third East and fourth Pax. It is always one of the best reasons to take time off of work.

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • Options
    TheGannondorkTheGannondork Registered User new member
    Moocifer wrote: »
    I'll definitely be going again! This will be year three for East! It's like an addiction now. I stayed at the Westin this year and that spoiled me.. And I don't want to stay anywhere else if I can avoid it.. The Westin was just amazing. I'm also going to switch up my vacation time so I can hopefully actually be there for the closing ceremonies!
    I AM EXCITED. :D

I want to get the Westin How are the rates for PAX? Last year I was pretty far from the Convention center wich was a super bummer, I also had to miss the closing ceremonies wich I disliked :(

• Options
    HuskyDorkHuskyDork Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I want to get the Westin How are the rates for PAX? Last year I was pretty far from the Convention center wich was a super bummer, I also had to miss the closing ceremonies wich I disliked :(

The Westin was $179/night before taxes for two double beds through OnPeak.

HuskyDork on
    LQckybu.png
  • Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Do any of the downtown hotels have multi-room suites? I'm having a hard time filtering search results. It seems that everybody considers two beds in the same room with a couch in another as a suite. Fail.

• Options
    TheGannondorkTheGannondork Registered User new member
    $179/night Sounds amazing! I can not wait thanks for the info HuskyDork!

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I'll be heading to East again this year dressed as Canadaman. I intend to hit up the pre-PAX pubcrawl and probably leave on Sunday instead of Monday.

That being said having been to both cons I can safely say that I prefer the East con-center. It's bigger and for me it is far easier to navigate. I do however like the fact that Prime is nestled in a hub of absolutely fantastic stuff whereas at East you have to walk or put up with really expensive restaurants.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    I'm def going to pax east! this will be my third year! and every year I seem to get better at it. def spending time in the handheld lounge, classic arcade, and free play everything else seems to be more of a random happening... def gonna try and get some more swag, last few years I sucked at it..

• Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    Can't wait for PAXEast! My fourth year <3 Made myself and awesome Skyrim costume.

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    The drums of fate are rumbling, PAX is approaching...

• Options
    Browncoat565Browncoat565 Registered User regular
    @Browncoat565 I went solo to East last year and had an amazing time. Don't let that be the thing that keeps you from going.
    East has a lot of similar pre- and post- PAX activities. There is a bar crawl (Pokecrawl), a Magical Mystery Tour, Pre-PAX Dinner, Pre-PAX Gaming Night, Girls Meetup, etc.
    yeah, at this point I'm more torn as tow wether I want to go to east or to au for the first international PAX, I am for ssure planning to go to two PAX's in 2013

This discussion has been closed.