As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The American Presidency Battle Royale: Coliseum Edition

1234568»

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    What if we gave the presidents some time to socialize before the fight? Say, a day to make alliances and plans reality TV style (just because you say you will back someone doesn't mean you will).

Anything can happen during that day but they don't have knives yet.

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    What if we gave the presidents some time to socialize before the fight? Say, a day to make alliances and plans reality TV style (just because you say you will back someone doesn't mean you will).

Everyone would be too distracted by the spectacle of security keeping Jackson off of JQA.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

I think this would spell doom for the strongest contenders. There'd probably be a large alliance right out of the box to take out the brawlers like Jackson and Lincoln, and more people would be forewarned about hunters and backstabbers. Teddy would have a harder time disappearing in the early chaos, and the backstabbers might find themselves on their own and helpless.

The backstabbers who did manage to weasel their way into the big alliance, though, might just win it. They could get in a lot of shanks in the dogpile on Jackson before anyone even realized they weren't helping, possibly doing as much or more damage than Jackson himself and really thinning the field.

My theory: Teddy is forced out in the open early and takes out any loners, Jackson and Lincoln get the highest body counts as a mob of basically everyone else overwhelms them and then goes for Teddy, and Nixon takes third in body count because "Oops, my knife slipped." Eventually somebody figures out what he's doing and the mob turns on him last before breaking down into a huge close quarters free for all. Too many major contenders taken out too early to really predict a winner.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I'm not even sure how Teddy would hide. They aren't fighting in a wooded area. They are pretty much in the coleseum, not a whole lot of cover there.

So unless TR has some active camo or rapidly kills, skins, and uses Taft as concealment, he'll have a rough time hiding from Jackson, Apex Predator.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm not even sure how Teddy would hide. They aren't fighting in a wooded area. They are pretty much in the coleseum, not a whole lot of cover there.

So unless TR has some active camo or rapidly kills, skins, and uses Taft as concealment, he'll have a rough time hiding from Jackson, Apex Predator.

Hiding in obscurity works. Remember, he hunted on the savannah, he knows how to disappear out in the open. Using the early chaos for cover and getting far away from his starting area would be step one (anyone actively coming for him would head there first). Step two would simply making sure that at any given moment somebody else is closer to Jackson than himself. Then it's just a matter of staying inconspicuous. Avoiding any major brawls, staying close to action without taking part, making necessary or available kills quickly and with a minimum of mess, keeping blood off his clothes, staying quiet. If he can reach a particularly gruesome kill, he wouldn't even need the Taft duck blind, he could play dead and watch for an opportunity. Riskier, more exposed, but likely still effective.

He's not weak, either, motherfucker gave most of a speech with a bullet in his gut, they didn't call him the Bull Moose for nothing. In the top five in single combat, arguably top three. He'd win most fights he got in and could put up a good rampage himself if this were about body count. But his experience hunting large predators is what sets him apart - Jackson knows how to play this game, but Roosevelt better understands how to win this game.

Hevach on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

That had been my theory. He guts Taft, hides inside the corpse, and lures Jackson in with the corpse of JQA.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If you let them talk before the knife fight, by the time the fight actually happens, at least ten guys would have their necks snapped by Jackson.

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

It will be a day free of bloodshed.
    All smothering.

Brutal J on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    Man, if this was a race then this would be an entirely different competition

TR still goes high, but Obama and JFK would have a way better shot.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

If the race is downhill I'm thinking Taft comes out the winner.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

Isn't passing out and rolling down the hill technically a disqualification?

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

I'm sorry, you spelled FDR wrong.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options

Whoever starts next to him just grabs one of his brakes and sends him veering off course.

You can't put brakes on the boulder from Indiana Jones.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Whoever starts next to him just grabs one of his brakes and sends him veering off course.

Besides, if we're doing this downhill race properly, it's started by tossing an aged cheese wheel down the slope, which would be all the motivation Taft would need.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

Besides, if we're doing this downhill race properly, it's started by tossing an aged cheese wheel down the slope, which would be all the motivation Taft would need.

If there's one thing I learned from West Wing it's that Jackson was the big cheese guy.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/82047

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular

Isn't that a level from Crash Bandicoot?
    clip_image010_0002.jpg