As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]NICE is full. Draygo's guild too. Ask Entaru about Candymancers on Aspenwood.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    The dungeons are so bad.
    SO BAD.

Some of them powerglove bad though.
    But there should be some lower levels of clearly less good looking vanity items that are still not the same stuff you've been wearing for 40 levels that you can get with less time investment (and I believe the AC armor clearly fits this description).
    Interesting thing about this, becauase I had similar feelings until a day or so ago: the Karma vendors in each zone, at least through 40, seem to offer maybe 1-2 different sets max, but the zone drops seem to offer several different ones on top of that. Like, I was sporting the trenchcoat look since level 14 or so on my Thief and finally at level 26 I found three different chestpieces (two trenchcoats and one jacket) from mob drops.

I think it would be preferable if ANet had placed a new set on the vendors every "leveling zone" (so one for 1-15, another for the 15-25, another for 25-40 and so on) that way you always had something to upgrade your character to with Karma every zone. At this point the Trading Post is a better bet for finding different gear, which I suppose is good for folks who want to be conservative with Karma but not so great for those who want to differentiate themselves from the other folks running around.

• MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    I will say, the lack of aggro mechanics is rough. I totally get not including dedicated healer/damager/tank classes -- that's fine. But the inability to redirect a mob's attention is ... a strange design choice.

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    The trash mobs are not tough. They are blocks of HP. This is not what difficulty sounds like, this is what tedium sounds like.

Also GW2 could really improve its boss fights a lot by just stealing the attack tell system from The Secret World whole sale.
    Melkster wrote: »
    I will say, the lack of aggro mechanics is rough. I totally get not including dedicated healer/damager/tank classes -- that's fine. But the inability to redirect a mob's attention is ... a strange design choice.

Also this. It was an interesting experiment but it's already flagrantly obvious it doesn't really benefit gameplay in any way. Fix these two things and you already go a long way.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Better learn to dodge, son.

• charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    Quick question: better to buy gems with gold or buy gems with $$? I know it fluctuates some but for the most part??

Right now it's a lot more favorable to buy gems with in game gold than to sell gems for in game gold.

Only you can really answer that question: how much is your time worth? Does it make more sense to work an extra hour and buy XXX gems with real money, or can you earn enough in game gold to buy XXX gems in less time?

@Vorpal, thanks. It's a bit of a tossup for me. I think I'll keep trudging along with limited space and see how well I can keep my inventory organized before caving in.

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    I don't think DAOC had much in the way of aggro management mechanics.

What it did have, is an 'intercept' ability (I think everyone got it?) where you could step in front of an ally and take the next hit aimed at them.

Classes with a shield had a 'block' ability where they could try to protect an ally with their shield and block some of the shots aimed at them.

That always seemed more thematic to me than 'aggro mechanics'.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Dodging attacks that have no tell, happen in 1/1000000 second and some mobs even do them WITHOUT TURNING TOWARDS YOU IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

Sure is hardcore in here.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Dodging attacks that have no tell, happen in 1/1000000 second and some mobs even do them WITHOUT TURNING TOWARDS YOU IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

That's not a problem that taunts would solve.

Endurance is finite and in the face of sufficient quantities of mobs (mobs which are almost assuredly immune to CC if they are bosses), dodging will only take you so far. The logical recourse here would be to divide your enemies attention. But we can't do that, so that leaves only one real strategy:

Everybody build tanky.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular

That's not a problem that taunts would solve.

reVerse psychology

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Also GW2 could really improve its boss fights a lot by just stealing the attack tell system from The Secret World whole sale.
    I've only played AC Story mode, but can we just steal the dungeons from TSW? The dungeons in TSW were fun. AC was just... Boulderway.

steam_sig.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    We wouldn't have any problems with anything if they hadn't removed "I Will Avenge You" from the game. :p

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The trash mobs are not tough. They are blocks of HP. This is not what difficulty sounds like, this is what tedium sounds like.

This is a problem I see a lot in the game. Whether it's a group event that lasts four minutes longer than it should or a dungeon, there are a lot of situations where I see everything a mob has to do in the first ten seconds and it lives for minutes past that. Worse still, most of what a mob has to do is boring. My favorite fight so far has been The Shatterer, because it was well-paced. I remarked in surprise to my friends how I expected it to take much longer based on other large group events I'd done, which was not a compliment.

That's the thing I dislike about GW2 PVE. It may be hard in dungeons sure, but it is not a well-paced hard. It's executing what you need to do multiple times over the course of a long fight, just about every fight. It's like if in a WoW raid every pull was Patchwerk. It bores me.

It's a good thing I like PvP! :D

liEt3nH.png
  • Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    Nyht wrote: »
    Decoy wrote: »
    Nyht wrote: »
    Back to shortbow as my ranger because it's too effective, which makes me irritated at my choice for my level 40something vigil quest where I chose a longbow as reward. Not that the BOW was good but the skin for the weapon looked good. What makes me irritated is the shortbow skin didn't LOOK like a shortbow. Sad times.

Aside from the knockback and the giant AOE ability (which is awesome) of the number 5, I just can't see myself using longbow in dungeons very much. Only issue I MIGHT run into is getting too bleed capped since I'm running with a mesmer and a necro.

Yeah, I tend to agree about the usefulness of the longbow on my Ranger. I dropped it and started running Sword/Torch for a little bit because it's got decent synergy with the Shortbow. Sadly though, unless I'm fighting something that requires a long time to kill, I just stay with my SB (which is prob wrong, but alas, shit still drops fast).

Edit: Spelling... horrible.

Why switch from the SB if you're fighting something that takes a long time to kill? Does the LB have some magic use I'm unaware of because I'd love to know I'm not gimping myself by going LB on boss fights ... but from what i can find is that the SB shoots at LEAST 2 arrows to the LB's one. It does about 70% of the LB damage so we're already winning base damage wise. THEN you add in bleeding as just extra icing and ... ugh ... so much damage.

Even longbow's rapid fire, I don't know if it really stacks up enough against the SB just spamming the 1) ability. Throw out a 2 or a 4 for more dot damage just to be mean and its gravy. Pop that Zephyr utility ability and suddenly you're a shortbow machine gun stacking bleeds like a fiend.

I also really want to use a greatsword but I don't think its worth it anymore. Likely go sword/torch, sword/horn, axe/torch, or axe/horn as my alternate weapon though I MIGHT consider keeping LB as the one I swap too. Only downside to that is when fighting people that reflect ranged.

OMG, I go to workout and this response was like 4 pages back. Fast thread is fast.

@Nyht If you ever see this, I only switch away from the Shortbow on long kills when I'm using the Sword/Torch combo, so I can stack more DoTs on the mob. Well, that and to gain the buff from switching weapons in combat. Sorry if i gave you the impression I was switching TO the LB. Yuck, no. Hah. And you are absolutely right, SB spam (even normal without QZ), if you combine with even decent precision it feels so better than even the rapid fire skill on the LB.

The only thing about the Sword that I struggle with (and this is 100% my issue) is my timing with the #2 jump back/jump in skill. Obviously it's meant as a "dodge" alternative, but I can never "switch to sword/press 2" fast enough to warrant not just dodging. If I'm already with the sword, its not an issue though. I may have to AHK it.

I use sword 2 for a couple of different things. 1. I'll start out with sword/dagger to get in some poisons and cripples then 2 out of there and switch to the SB for delicious bleeds. 2. I'll pop the jump back, throw down a regen circle/spirit, then pop back in.

If my tanky pet can hold a mob's attention, I swear I still do far more damage with sword/dagger than I do with SB.

Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I know it's only been a week and some change since launch, but I would really love to see an interview with the devs at ANet to get some insight into what is on their minds, how well they feel things are progressing with regards to player progress and what they have on deck for the near future. Hopefully we'll see something like that in a few weeks.

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular

There is some sort of aggro mechanic in place - I play an elementalist, my girl is a guardian. Without fail, if I get aggro, it goes for her. Even if I've shot it once, and she's afk. Maybe plate armor attracts attention?

• steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

Endurance is finite and in the face of sufficient quantities of mobs (mobs which are almost assuredly immune to CC if they are bosses), dodging will only take you so far. The logical recourse here would be to divide your enemies attention. But we can't do that, so that leaves only one real strategy:

Everybody build tanky.

As a Mesmer, I can assure you I definitely don't have a 'tanky' setup but can handle aggro fine. Between two stealths, illusions/clones, speed boons/cripple conditions, dodge, my 1h sword 2-3 second invuln for the 2 attack, +vigor on shatter (for more dodging), and the daze shatter I've 'tanked' a few bosses in AC/CM without taking a hit. All that stuff isn't anything special in my build even, just a support slot, one major trait, and my weapon picks. You *can* build tanky if that's what your class does well, but while every class needs to be built and played in a way that won't die if they have aggro, at least in my case (and I'm sure it's same for other classes), 'tanky' is completely different than what it would be in other games.

I enjoyed both CM and AC Story. While TSW's instances had some cool elements (and the visual effects for the last boss in the Facility are amazing), the combat and trinity adherance felt so static that it brought them down. GW2 feels like it's challenging me to adapt on the fly.

steejee on
    The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I've found that even without tanky builds you can be effective with lots of interrupts and knock backs. I use Kick along with Mace 3 (warrior) and/or Rifle Butt in order to protect my team.

Look at it from another perspective: Anybody can tank as long as the enemy is focused on them and not allowed to actually attack them.

All of my successful explorable groups have been well coordinated and thoughtful about mechanics. It took several of us to figure out what's up with Sure-Shot D-bag in CM (explaining what blowback is and observing our surroundings). I look forward to many more groups and finding the proper strategies on my own.

edited September 2012
    steejee wrote: »

Everybody build tanky.

As a Mesmer, I can assure you I definitely don't have a 'tanky' setup but can handle aggro fine. Between two stealths, illusions/clones, speed boons/cripple conditions, dodge, my 1h sword 2-3 second invuln for the 2 attack, +vigor on shatter (for more dodging), and the daze shatter I've 'tanked' a few bosses in AC/CM without taking a hit. All that stuff isn't anything special in my build even, just a support slot, one major trait, and my weapon picks. You *can* build tanky if that's what your class does well, but while every class needs to be built and played in a way that won't die if they have aggro, at least in my case (and I'm sure it's same for other classes), 'tanky' is completely different than what it would be in other games.

That is building tanky. Stacking as many survivability options as possible, be they straight +heals or another form, is building tanky.

Fiaryn on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »
    The dungeons are so bad.
    SO BAD.

The dungeons are so good.
    SO GOOD.

Some of them second coming good though.

Are you for serious? If so, please join me in some explorable stuffs. When I'm high enough (edit - level), the Flame Legion will be seeing me A LOT because that set looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

I am, I love doing the dungeons. I think they're a lot of fun.

Let's show the flame legion where the real fire's at.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    @Fiaryn Bosses aren't immune to CC, you just need to coordinate how to utilize it. Watch the counter and have teammates set them up for the important stun/knockdown/knockback.

@Fiaryn Bosses aren't immune to CC, you just need to coordinate how to utilize it. Watch the counter and have teammates set them up for the important stun/knockdown/knockback.

The only boss I've seen not shrug off Cripple (as an example) so far are weakling mid-bosses like Sariel and the like. If this pattern changes, I will be delighted.

Everybody build tanky.

That is building tanky. Stacking as many survivability options as possible, be they straight +heals or another form, is building tanky.

It's also supporty, healy, and dpsy at the same time. The build I have doesn't try to min/max for one purpose (and there's 0 things in that list that I couldn't change right ahead of a fight), but I can 'tank' with it, just like everyone else could in my parties I've had.

Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4

The only boss I've seen not shrug off Cripple (as an example) so far are weakling mid-bosses like Sariel and the like. If this pattern changes, I will be delighted.

I think he's talking about defiant, which is the one that says only one out of every X knockback/stun/etc will work, in which case you take the longest duration CC you've got (like engineer big bomb for instance) and make sure that's the one that hits.

Madpoet wrote: »

There is some sort of aggro mechanic in place - I play an elementalist, my girl is a guardian. Without fail, if I get aggro, it goes for her. Even if I've shot it once, and she's afk. Maybe plate armor attracts attention?

I've observed some very strange things fighting monsters that you damage that cannot hit you for an extended period of time - such as veterans. I can chain together blinds and blocks and dodges to avoid being hit for a very very long time on my guardian. I've noticed that when this happens, the monster I'm fighting will sometimes charge off and attack some other monster entirely - usually some poor neutral firefly or deer.

steam_sig.png

I think he's talking about defiant, which is the one that says only one out of every X knockback/stun/etc will work, in which case you take the longest duration CC you've got (like engineer big bomb for instance) and make sure that's the one that hits.

For some bosses the Defiant tooltips says CCs will remove one stack from the Defiant boon. I haven't really (intentionally) experimented with what happens as you knock those counters off but they do seem to die much faster when it's close to or at zero.

For some bosses the Defiant tooltips says CCs will remove one stack from the Defiant boon. I haven't really (intentionally) experimented with what happens as you knock those counters off but they do seem to die much faster when it's close to or at zero.

The defiant boon, afaik, is just stacks of immunity, so you can't stunlock the boss. I could be wrong, but I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of damage they take.

The defiant boon, afaik, is just stacks of immunity, so you can't stunlock the boss. I could be wrong, but I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of damage they take.

Might have just been coincidence then (or people were able to start hitting the boss with some of the things that were blocked).

If it's a boon, bring boon removal. Thieves have a low tier trait that can rip boons on steal. P good.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    What they should do is make it so all the classes have some sort of mitigating ability. Maybe something that evades attacks, or something that can block them. At least for melee classes since they are up close a lot. If they also add in the ability to interrupt, daze, or maybe stun the bosses somehow that would be good too. And just in case none of that works they should give all classes the ability to just straight up avoid or dare I say Dodge attacks every so often to avoid the really big hits once you get down the boss patterns and how they use them.

In short, people should stop trying to play this game like other MMO's and start playing it using the mechanics available to them. Hell I haven't even done that many dungeons and I still saw people in my party just sitting in one spot, not moving out of very obvious AoE attacks, standing in front of the frontal attacks of a boss, not dodging immediately after the boss pulls them in, and just generally ignoring the tools they have as they fall into mindless MMO mode.

Maybe I'm being overly critical here but the fact that every class has access to good ranged abilities, a dodge, and most weapon combos have some sort of shield/block/parry/evade etc, and 2 free dodges every few seconds means to me that people need to take more advantage of what they can do, be more mindful of what the boss does, time their abilities better, and just generally adjust to a new style of playing.

As a thief in AC I found it very tough, but very manageable, and I was able to stay alive in most fights by utilizing the above. Having also played elementalist, Warrior, Guardian, and mesmer I know they have the tools as well. The only classes I am making assumptions about on this front are necro, ranger and engineer since I haven't really seen them much and don't know their abilities. But I find it hard to believe they don't also have some sort of mitigating abilities at their disposal.

Oh and having a source of regen, or at least being able to consistently cleanse conditions is a godsend in the first dungeon. I think if anything that was the most difficult part as our group was lacking in that department.

The trash isn't especially beefy either, they just deal a lot of damage, once we figured out we could lock down rangers and prioritized the fights they were much smoother. Hell I switched up my weapons specifically so I could stun lock/blind/interrupt rangers constantly, once we did that they were no longer such an imposing threat.

The other thing to note is that you will never outlevel the dungeon, you will never be so powerful that you can breeze through it as it is specifically tuned for the appropriate level, and you are forced down to that level. The best thing you can do is become more mindful of how the enemies work, and tailor your build to counter them. Once people start doing this they'll find it is a much smoother ride.

TL;DR I don't think people are approaching dungeons with the right playstyle, mindset, or specific counters at the moment because they are too used to other MMO's. Granted this is just my perspective on the matter so feel free to disagree and play as you like.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    bosses have very specific aggro mechanics. They arnt all obvious but you can control them.

Also protip, very rarely are bosses immune to immobilize.

second protip, dodge is not the only way to create a gap between you and a boss. Sometimes you need to kite. if a boss is busy trying to catch you instead of damaging people, thats pretty good. sure if they have ranged attacks its more of a pain but I stay within a dodge roll of an obstruction when against ranged bosses.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

Some bosses have defiant which grants them a stack of immunity every time a cc is used on them, and every time a cc is used on them they lose one stack. It's essentially making them immune to stun.

However other enemies get the stacks but have a different way to accrue stacks, so if you cc them enough you can knock off the stack and make them vulnerable to more cc.

Also as others have mentioned, begin able to remove boons from enemies is pretty important as well. I think Mesmer are best equipped to do this, but I can do it as a thief as well (although I'll admit I haven't really dabbled much in that aspect)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

I hear this a lot, theres one story mission full of destroyers that was just fucking bruuuutal as an elementalist and l2p was the common reaction

It's okay to admit not every encounter is perfectly balanced. I'm actually a pretty good player! I fought the boss in TA with all the adds for something like seven minutes without getting hit! Some enemies are bullshit though, they need more clear tells and less hitpoints. These are solvable issues though and *overall* most of the PVE content has been quite a bit of fun

What concerns me more is players who aren't as good as me, I mean I can get a dozen straight MVPs in SPVP on a good day, and I find a number of encounters bullshit even with a pretty good understanding of the game mechanics. A few low level events and instances designed entirely to introduce players to dodging, watching for tells, etc would be nice - also a way to tell if enemies were just reacting to being hit or about to attack while they were bathed in particle effects.

Again, not insurmountable problems, I have faith in Arenanet. This game is just shy of being a masterpiece and I have no doubt they'll give these and other issues the polish they need it now that other, more serious issues are being vanquished

override367 on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

People keep saying this as if you learn to dodge perfectly you'll never get hit but its not exactly so simple. Unless its a large slow creature, attack tells are small and not particularly noticeable. Then, even could notice the tell on a single mob, when multiple are involved it becomes fairly impossible. When theres a lot of players involved with all the effects flying it becomes entirely impossible. And by a lot, I mean about 4... maybe 3 if there are the particularly flashy classes around.

Then theres ground circles which are all well and good but the same caveats about multiple players applies. And then often the ground is saturated with the things and dodging out from one will just be placing you in another. Then theres the 'stuck in an animation' problem where no matter how many times you hit dodge, you won't. Sure there's skill in knowing what abilities will do that, but knowing when you shouldn't start one is impossible because of the lack of ability to easily see mob or boss tells.

Obviously I don't think dodging is useless. I suppose the summation would be 'Better learn to dodge and learn cc, but almost more importantly, learn to have people around you that will rez when you inevitably go down.

Wassermelone on
  • LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    Hey u guyz

Can you get minis inworld, or only through the gem store? Because at 300 gems, minis are not cheap at all.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    The dungeons are so bad.
    SO BAD.

That's the thing - I don't mind vanity items taking a long time to get. But there should be some lower levels of clearly less good looking vanity items that are still not the same stuff you've been wearing for 40 levels that you can get with less time investment (and I believe the AC armor clearly fits this description).

I DO mind if the only way to get the nice looking vanity armor is to run the same dungeon explore mode 70 times when running it the very first time was unfun and buggy.

That highlighted part doesn't make sense. People have vastly different tastes. How could you do that? All you can do is make different stuff. Some people will like some won't.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    They are not BOA so the TP is full of them

Edit: Vorpal I think that would take us assuming all explorable modes are going to remain with the issues they have now. That seems kind of silly

override367 on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    And then often the ground is saturated with the things and dodging out from one will just be placing you in another.

God damn that shit pissed me off when it happened in AC.

"Ha ha! I'll now dodge to my... death. Huh."

I'm not even going to touch the Minis until they get their own separate tab in my character's UI. Having them take up physical space in my bags is no es bueno.

edited September 2012
    In short, people should stop trying to play this game like other MMO's and start playing it using the mechanics available to them. Hell I haven't even done that many dungeons and I still saw people in my party just sitting in one spot, not moving out of very obvious AoE attacks, standing in front of the frontal attacks of a boss, not dodging immediately after the boss pulls them in, and just generally ignoring the tools they have as they fall into mindless MMO mode.

TL;DR I don't think people are approaching dungeons with the right playstyle, mindset, or specific counters at the moment because they are too used to other MMO's. Granted this is just my perspective on the matter so feel free to disagree and play as you like.

That's not them being used to other MMO's, that's them not being used to any MMO's.

Don't stand in the bad stuff, don't stand in front of the boss, spread out away from the aoe attacks, are all things that get ingrained in you right away in WOW raiding 101. If you see people failing to follow those rules, they are probably not MMO vets who just aren't used to guild wars, they are probably people brand new to MMO's in general.

Also, for the love of God, is there any way to turn down/off all those pretty spell effects? They take me from 50 FPS to about 6 during big group encounters. There is just literally no way to see what is happening.

Even in dungeons when the monster is constantly on fire it's hard to see any tells. Even in the graphics controls I don't see any way to reduce the spell effect quality (and thus hopefully it's quantity?)

DAOC solved this in a very nice way: you could choose to disable all spell effects, all spell effects that weren't your own, I think all spell effects that weren't part of your group, or leave all spell effects on.

Monsters look very nice when I've set them on fire, blinded them, and am hitting them with lightning. When you've got 5 people doing that, you can't tell what the monster is doing. When you've got 50 people doing that, there's just no way to tell what is happening at all. Can't even tell if the monster is facing you or if you are standing in aoe or what.

Vorpal on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.