As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

English chocolate for PAX Prime

124»

• Options
    ZacamZacam Registered User new member
    I know this started on lovely english foods, but are there going to be any canadians at PAX that might be able to bring a few Cloves?
    Shops in America won't sell them anymore and have not for a while, and those so called "cigar" ones are nasty.

Preference is for Djarum Black or Specials, but frankly anything that isn't labeled as a "cigar" will do. PM me if you like.

Proud Supporter of Desert Bus
    "If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"
  • Options
    Tenar13Tenar13 Registered User new member
    Wish I'd found this thread sooner! Though it wouldn't have helped as the only thing I really miss are Kinder Eggs. FYI to fellow Americans, CostPlus WorldMarket stores carry a decent selection of English candy - other Kinder chocolates, Cadbury, Maltesers, Haribo, etc. There's one in Seattle on 1st Ave, downtown/belltown.

• Options
    PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    You can buy Haribo gummy bears in the states. You just have to look on the back and see where they're manufactured. The ones made in the US suck. I know you can get them because my boyfriend bought me a 5lb bag a few years ago. That's right. A 5lb bag of Haribo Gummy Bears. The only gummy bears I've ever had that even once they go stale are still amazing. My cousin brought me some from Germany years ago and I've been addicted to them ever since.

@LewieP's Mummy, I'll see you outside the Q&A. I won't be at any of the Pre-PAX things except for the game night. I'll have some money for Child's Play for you too.

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yay!! I've started my holidays! Before I do all my packing up for the PAX portion of the trip, I just want to confirm who all wanted Smarties? Mr. L has not said anything in a while but if you are still reading the forums, I have your Ruffles All Dressed chips plus the Smarties. Anyone else?

I plan on buying them in the next day or so and want to know how much I need. Thanks!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Zacam wrote: »
    I know this started on lovely english foods, but are there going to be any canadians at PAX that might be able to bring a few Cloves?
    Shops in America won't sell them anymore and have not for a while, and those so called "cigar" ones are nasty.

Preference is for Djarum Black or Specials, but frankly anything that isn't labeled as a "cigar" will do. PM me if you like.

That's weird. Have you tried smoke shops? Although, honestly, I haven't purchased cloves since August 2010 so maybe it has changed?

@LewieP'sMummy - thank you so much for bringing in the chocolates! I'm kind of sad there are no Hippos to be found! Anyway, I can't believe it's only a few short days now until I meet you. :)

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    @vespachica I found some!!!
    I'm here in Seattle now, have a humongous pile of chocolate and feel quite giddy! On my 3rd bowl (yes, bowl) of caffeinated coffee, Seattle Vineyard won't know what's hit them this morning, I'll be that hyper!!!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    How did the Kinder Eggs fare?

• Options
    OuroborosKaiOuroborosKai Pokemon Trainer Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    Only a few more days until some of that chocolate is making its way into my hands.. the wait is killing me!

Prime 2012 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Gas Tank Filled[ ]
  • Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    my collection of candy has made it as far as vancouver so its getting there slowly ;)

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    T-Minus four days until that Mars Bars is mine. Mine. MINE!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEN THE WORLD!!!!!!

...Or just that bar.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    ZacamZacam Registered User new member
    vespachica wrote: »
    That's weird. Have you tried smoke shops? Although, honestly, I haven't purchased cloves since August 2010 so maybe it has changed?

Plenty changed. They are actually banned for sale in store fronts in the USA and have been for years. I've tried a few online shipment places, but the packages never make it past Customs on entry.

Proud Supporter of Desert Bus
    "If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"
  • Options
    I took the Kinder eggs apart carefully and took the toys out, customs weren't interested, didn't want to check anything, so I could have brought them through whole! Ah all, at least I respected a silly law! I'll reassemble them in a bit. If anyone else wants chocolate you're too late unless you'll have leftovers!
    Also, I forgot to buy decaffeinated coffee today. There's no hope for me now!

• Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    @vespachica I found some!!!
    I'm here in Seattle now, have a humongous pile of chocolate and feel quite giddy! On my 3rd bowl (yes, bowl) of caffeinated coffee, Seattle Vineyard won't know what's hit them this morning, I'll be that hyper!!!

Any way you can take a picture of said humongous pile of chocolate and share it here? That'd be a blast to see!

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Hooray for lots of English chocky!!!

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    Glad you arrived safely. Can't wait to meet you in person.

• Options
    I have almost 2.5kg of confectionery in my case. Plenty to go round!

• Options
    Oh my goodness, that's shedloads!!!

• Options
    OK folks, remember to follow me on twitter @LewiePsMummy and meet me after the Q&A on Friday to pick up your chocolate, unless I've agreed something different with you. Any chocolate I have left will go to Enforcers cos they're wonderful!

• Options
    Yeah, I might have overdone it.

• Options
    There is no such thing as too much chocolate, MarkWebster.

• Options
    I must confess that none of what I have is actually "chocolate". Everybody else brings chocolate, I bring real confectionery. =P

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I must confess that none of what I have is actually "chocolate". Everybody else brings chocolate, I bring real confectionery. =P

How real are we talking; lark vomit and/or ram's bladder cup real, or pussy shit like praline or lime cream?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I'm bringing some Minstrels as no one seems to bring those despite them being yummy. Yes, 'yummy' is a technical term.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    lol I had some minstrels - they didn't make it past Heathrow :D

• Options
    Hey @LewieP's Mummy,

How can I get this stuff to you before tomorrow PAX? =P

• Options
    Bugger, just seen this, sorry! When are you planning on getting to PAX in the morning? We can meet up in the morning before the doors open if you'd like to - I'm too tired to come out again tonight.

• Options
    I'm incredibly drunk anyway. No way can I even go anywhere.

Apparently in Barca they don't measure vodka measures out, they just pour that shit in there! I only had 3 and yet I'm plastered. It's like 10 British drinks! Had to get my gf to walk me home to make sure I wasn't run over ffs.

But yeah I can drop off to you pre-PAX. What sort of time? You tweeted me your apartment number so I can pop round.

• Options
    This morning is your last chance to pick up your chocolate! I will be heading to the Main theatre for the draw a strip at 10:30. I will be passing the line at about 10:10, so if you're there, look for a woman walking slowly with a stick and crutch. After this, I'll be giving your chocolate away to random people as I don't want to carry it any more!

• Options
    OuroborosKaiOuroborosKai Pokemon Trainer Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    I shoulda checked the forums earlier! The line for Halo 4 took longer than I expected and I didn't get out until around 12:45 on Friday, now I find out I unknowingly missed my second chance:(

Prime 2012 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Gas Tank Filled[ ]
  • Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    No its not too late to make requests, but I think Curly Wurlys are foul!

Thank you again for hauling all the chocolate over! I just tried a Curly Wurly, and I think I agree, it's not good at all haha. I'm pretty sure I'll fare better with the Cadbury Dairy Milk :)

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    Hey, not a problem!
    I ended up blessing Enforcers again on Sunday, together with a few random devs who looked a bit tired in the indie section. It has all gone before the final Omeganaut round; having LewieP's Daddy to carry it for me helped. We'll be back in a couple of years!

• Options
    SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    I got a few pieces from you at the Girls' Meetup.

The KitKat made my little soul happy, but the Kinder Surprise are love.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
This discussion has been closed.