As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Malazan Book of the Fallen - Steven Erikson

• PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    From what I understood, Talamandas is

[spoiler:3daae769d2] The manifestation of a card in the deck of dragons, the mage of the house of shadow, sort of the same way that Rake is the manifestation of the knight of the house of shadow. He and Quick Ben partner up, and he sort of acts as a "battery" to allow Quick Ben to pull power from Talamandas to do ridiculously powerful magic like summon and control multiple illusions, topple entire mountainsides on top of armies, and other fun things. [/spoiler:3daae769d2]

As to the last sentance in MoI:

[realspoiler:3daae769d2] As the reader, you've just been on a landslide where a third of the characters you've known have just been killed off, but then you're thrown a bone, because Duiker's not dead anymore.

If you've read Deadhouse Gates before MoI, you know about the Chain of Dogs, and how horribly sad the end was for everyone, so the end felt more uplifting to me than heartwrenching, because you know that these guys have all been through shitty times, and it's going to unite them.

I could imagine that if you read MoI before Deadhouse (and something tells me that it might have been better in that order), it could hurt a lot worse[/realspoiler:3daae769d2]

Plutonium on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Plutonium wrote:
    From what I understood, Talamandas is

[spoiler:86cac21889] The manifestation of a card in the deck of dragons, the mage of the house of shadow, sort of the same way that Rake is the manifestation of the knight of the house of shadow. He and Quick Ben partner up, and he sort of acts as a "battery" to allow Quick Ben to pull power from Talamandas to do ridiculously powerful magic like summon and control multiple illusions, topple entire mountainsides on top of armies, and other fun things. [/spoiler:86cac21889]

MoI spoilers

[spoiler:86cac21889]Less a battery and more a shield. He was infused with Barghast spirits and given a lot of stuff from High House Death which enabled him to have a small area around him which the warren rot from the Chained God didn't affect.[/spoiler:86cac21889]

I was talking about future, books however. Very minor spoilers for future books, not yet released in the US:

[realspoiler:86cac21889]I didn't recollect Talamandis being in any of 'em. Just checked the Dramatis Personae for HoC and BH. Didn't see him listed in either. Of course, it's not like it's hard to miss a name in those things. :P[/realspoiler:86cac21889]

Jragghen on
  • strakha_7strakha_7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Garden of the Moon happened on Genabackis...

Anyways, how much more punishment can Seven Cities take? I'd love to see the big reunion happen there, but it looks like things may be wrapping up there in the middle of the series.

whoa did you people see this map?

http://www.malazanempire.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4768&highlight=Werthead

Certainly puts things in perspective for me. I had some major misconceptions of where things were :/

strakha_7 on
    Want a signature? Find a post by ElJeffe and quote a random sentence!
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Zero tolerance policies are almost invariably terrible.

One might say I have zero tolerance for them.
    edited August 2006
    strakha_7 wrote:
    Garden of the Moon happened on Genabackis...

Anyways, how much more punishment can Seven Cities take? I'd love to see the big reunion happen there, but it looks like things may be wrapping up there in the middle of the series.

Sorry, mistype. I meant no currently released books which occur after MoI. Book 8 (I think it was) is supposed to take place there again[/quote]
    whoa did you people see this map?

http://www.malazanempire.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4768&highlight=Werthead

Certainly puts things in perspective for me. I had some major misconceptions of where things were :/

It's fan-made, but supposed to be relatively accurate. There's an Encyclopedia Malaza in the works, supposedly.

Jragghen on
    edited August 2006
    Jragghen wrote:
    MoI spoilers

[spoiler:ae70db9a81]Less a battery and more a shield. He was infused with Barghast spirits and given a lot of stuff from High House Death which enabled him to have a small area around him which the warren rot from the Chained God didn't affect.[/spoiler:ae70db9a81]

I was talking about future, books however. Very minor spoilers for future books, not yet released in the US:

[realspoiler:ae70db9a81]I didn't recollect Talamandis being in any of 'em. Just checked the Dramatis Personae for HoC and BH. Didn't see him listed in either. Of course, it's not like it's hard to miss a name in those things. :P[/realspoiler:ae70db9a81]

I pay attention to the Quick Ben chapters a little more than the other, becuase he's my favorite character.

[spoiler:ae70db9a81] He's my favorite character in the series so far, just because of how awesome he is. He doesn't have massive amounts of power, instead he wins his fights through his intellegence, sublety, finesse, and impeccable control of his multiple warrens. Where Tayschrenn can summon a wall of fire to vaporise an army, Ben will distract them with illusions, then dive in and out of warrens, taking out the enemy mages one at a time with precice synergetic combinations of his warrens.

His backstory is awesome, and I really hope he makes it through to the end in one piece. [/spoiler:ae70db9a81]

Plutonium on
  • zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Guys, I was just wondering, having went trough the posts in this thread once again, why do I have the feeling that most of you are not reading or have not read the books in order?(something to do with US publishing of the seires, which has been notoriously bad????) To any new readers, I think that's a VERY bad idea. As much as each book is said to be self resolving, there are events you simply won't understand if you've missed a previous book....

Edit: There are also events, that would make more sense when you come back for the re-read ;o))

also:
    Anyways, how much more punishment can Seven Cities take?

A lot. Wait for the Bonehunters.

zeeny on
    edited August 2006
    zeeny wrote:
    Guys, I was just wondering, having went trough the posts in this thread once again, why do I have the feeling that most of you are not reading or have not read the books in order?(something to do with US publishing of the seires, which has been notoriously bad????)

Nah, it's just more confusion over how I seem to be phrasing things. The books have been released in the proper order in America, but thus far, only three of the books are out - Gardens of the Moon, Deadhouse Gates, and Memories of Ice, in that order. Where confusion does arise is when people who have read the whole series say things to help clarify items in the earlier books, forgetting that the knowledge we are imparting is not "known" in the previous books.

So, instead of just talking about reactions, how about a little discussion of other things? In a previous Q&A session, Erikson said the following (second paragraph has some very minor HoC spoilers. It should already be apparent from Deadhouse Gates, but you're warned. He essentially spells out what these moments are for DG, MoI, and HoC, but in a manner that you don't get the "scene" for HoC, just the general idea, assuming you haven't read it yet).
    Erikson wrote:
    For each book, there's a movie in my head, or, rather, a short clip. A scene, an effect, an atmosphere, and that scene appears first, before anything else. Anything. It takes shape and demands that it be the dominant moment of the novel. Not necessarily the most dramatic or bloody or violent. Often not, in fact. That scene has certain requirements before I give it the stamp of approval. The entire story has to exist in it, via some form of resonating symbol. It has to manifest, in a single image, the heart of the theme. Most of the time, that scene is what I am writing towards, meaning it shows up near the end. The only exception was Gardens. Quiz time. Find it.

[realspoiler:3ff26a84bc]In Memories of Ice, the rise of Moon's Spawn near the end was the image that arrived first and foremost. So, the known and the unknown, the past rearing massive and deadly into the present, power unveiled and in its unveiling destroying itself, and so on. In Deadhouse Gates, there was an arrow.... In House of Chains, the two sisters. Granted, there are other big scenes, and some fought with the principle ones for dominance. Writing these things is a melee of the fiercest order....[/realspoiler:3ff26a84bc]

What's interesting to me is that a different scene stood out in MoI in my case -

[spoiler:3ff26a84bc]the leaders waiting for Itkovian, who thinks he isn't wanted/needed[/spoiler:3ff26a84bc]

Don't know why, but that always seemed to impact me more.

At any rate, what do you think that "moment" was in GotM? Or Midnight Tides? Or the Bonehunters? I'm still not sure for GotM or BH, but for MT:

[realspoiler:3ff26a84bc]when Trull and Fear refuse to kill their brother[/realspoiler:3ff26a84bc]

Rather, that whole sequence leading up to it, but that decision especially.

Jragghen on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    So I hear from a well read and trustworthy friend of mine that this series has a great world and plotline but that the author can't write characters very well at all. Would you agree, or froth with impotent rage at this suggestion? Even if it is true, is it worth giving it a whirl?

Evil Multifarious on
    edited August 2006
    So I hear from a well read and trustworthy friend of mine that this series has a great world and plotline but that the author can't write characters very well at all. Would you agree, or froth with impotent rage at this suggestion? Even if it is true, is it worth giving it a whirl?

I'd say it's less an issue of not being able to make characters - there are a vast number of great characters in the series. They just seem relatively static compared to some other series, and a lot of characters seem overly similar (see: Kruppe, Tehol, Bugg, and Pust).

Erikson's real problem is maintaining a consistent timeline. For example, I can think of at least three methods that seem awfully contrived to enable people to be much older than they otherwise should be in an effort to maintain a timeline with things he's said in previous books. Barring this, yes. It's my personal favorite of all currently-being-written series.

Jragghen on
    edited August 2006
    Jragghen wrote:
    What's interesting to me is that a different scene stood out in MoI in my case -

[spoiler:ab95372e11]the leaders waiting for Itkovian, who thinks he isn't wanted/needed[/spoiler:ab95372e11]
    No no no no..... MoI is all about:

[spoiler:ab95372e11]The l'mass army showing up @ Itkovian's grave.......;o))))))[/spoiler:ab95372e11]

I would disagree with that. SE's story is simply NOT character driven. No charcaters have introductions. Very rarely any of them maintains a monologue, and when it happens it's as brief as possible. In the Malazan world, characters are not actually "written". They're just pieces of a bigger picture. SE is not GRRM for sure. Is that bad? You decide for yourself, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a question of style, not ability.
    However, the suggestions "can't write characters very well @ all", is bloody ridiculous. When somebody in a book dies, and I actually CARE about the event, I'm gonna go ahead and count that as a well written character, and I don't give a fuck if I know his genealogy or inner thoughts, or in some cases, even motives. Not writing up the characters in full has a HUGE charm for me. It's right up there with having shadow references to past events without explaining them, as two of the things that make the series such a great read.

zeeny on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    scared of spoilers so I'm not reading anymore after the first page but, thanks for the thread, I've been wanting some new books to read.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited September 2006
    Blood Follows just arrived, and The Healthy Dead is in the mail. :D

Jragghen on
  • NapoleonNapoleon Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Picked up Gardens of the Moon; I'll start it when Im done with A Feast for Crows, probably tomorrow. Im kinda looking forward to it, but the dude with the mullet on the front cover kinda scares me.

Napoleon on
    Napoleon+1796.gif
    edited September 2006
    Napoleon wrote:
    Picked up Gardens of the Moon; I'll start it when Im done with A Feast for Crows, probably tomorrow. Im kinda looking forward to it, but the dude with the mullet on the front cover kinda scares me.

Artwork on that cover is awful. I still don't know who that guy is supposed to be. Or the girl, for that matter although there's at least some decent guesses for that one.

Jragghen on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    House of Chains is out the US now, I picked it up in B&N a few days ago. Gonna reread Deadhouse Gates first though.

captaink on
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Having just finished Bonehunters and reading the series through again from the beginning there really does seem to be quite a change in style from the first two to the rest of the series (even though there are hundreds of tiny actions in the early books that have big conquences later).
    Night of Knives is in the post as well, can't wait to see how it compares as well (though its Esslemont rather than Erikson).

Its the favourite character thing that made me notice this first, I remember for the first two books liking Fiddler and the rest of the Bridge Burners more than the other storylines (and thank God it didn't just stay as a comedy about Kruppe and company), however in the later books there just wasn't any characters I didn't like or storylines I wanted to end so I could find out what happened to the others.

The comedy ones (Healthy Dead and Blood Follows) really don't stand up to the comedy in the main novels though, found them a bit disappointing really.

Tastyfish on
    edited September 2006
    Ok, just starting on House of Chains.

Is there any specific small events I need to remember from the earlier books, besides the big things like the Whirlwind or the Chain of Dogs?

I would really like a recap of what's been happening in the Seven Cities, since I've been preoccupied with events on Genebackis for a while.

Plutonium on
    edited September 2006
    Plutonium wrote:
    Ok, just starting on House of Chains.

Is there any specific small events I need to remember from the earlier books, besides the big things like the Whirlwind or the Chain of Dogs?

I would really like a recap of what's been happening in the Seven Cities, since I've been preoccupied with events on Genebackis for a while.

If you take a long time to read, you won't need anything for a bit, since the first third of the book or so is all new (to you) and GREATLY fleshes out someone who was a throwaway character in Deadhouse Gates.

Jragghen on
  • L*2*G*XL*2*G*X Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Anyone else disappointed in switch to burleske humor amd unveiling of too many mysteries in the later books?

The demystification ruins the feel of the series, the humor ruins the grittyness.

But for prospective readers: this is still way better than any high fantasy out there... The first few books will blow you away!

L*2*G*X on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    L*2*G*X wrote:
    Anyone else disappointed in switch to burleske humor amd unveiling of too many mysteries in the later books?

The demystification ruins the feel of the series, the humor ruins the grittyness.

But for prospective readers: this is still way better than any high fantasy out there... The first few books will blow you away!
    I don't know Midnight Tides managed to be both very gritty and very, very funny.

Also for those that have read The Bonehunters

[spoiler:13c7b54bd0]Kalaam isn't dead right? Right?[/spoiler:13c7b54bd0]

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • L*2*G*XL*2*G*X Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    BigDes wrote:

[spoiler:069b0baf2a]Kalaam isn't dead right? Right?[/spoiler:069b0baf2a]

[spoiler:069b0baf2a]Actually will have to reread -Damn. GF won't be happy bout that- but I'd say he's just in storage... knuckle in the hole[/spoiler:069b0baf2a]

L*2*G*X on
    edited September 2006
    BigDes wrote:
    L*2*G*X wrote:

I don't know Midnight Tides managed to be both very gritty and very, very funny.

[spoiler:fc994b6af1]Kalaam isn't dead right? Right?[/spoiler:fc994b6af1]

[spoiler:fc994b6af1]No, he's not. He's not in good shape whatsoever, but he's not quite dead if memory serves.[/spoiler:fc994b6af1]

House of Chains spoilers:

[spoiler:fc994b6af1]And if he were, so what? He'd just ascend[/spoiler:fc994b6af1]

:P

Jragghen on
    edited September 2006
    Jragghen wrote:
    BigDes wrote:
    L*2*G*X wrote:

[spoiler:4e6152d030]Kalaam isn't dead right? Right?[/spoiler:4e6152d030]

[spoiler:4e6152d030]No, he's not. He's not in good shape whatsoever, but he's not quite dead if memory serves.[/spoiler:4e6152d030]

[spoiler:4e6152d030]
    The official theory is that the Azath Houses collect assassins.(Ralick, Vorcan etc.). So Kalam is most probably saved, but "suspended" untill future events.
    [/spoiler:4e6152d030]

zeeny on
    edited September 2006
    Halfway through House of Chains

Impressions so far:

[spoiler:d53705b7bb] Glancing through the Dramatis Personae, I'm thinking, who are these people? They're missing like half the cast that should be in this book!

Then I'm reading it, and I'm wondering, Who the hell are Strings and Cutter? Why are they suddenly main characters?

And then it's like... Oh Shit! [/spoiler:d53705b7bb]

About the events of the book:

[spoiler:d53705b7bb]
    Karsa is a Douchebag, I don't like his character at all. He seems completely one-dimentional, and when he's not in LOL KILL FOR GLORY mode, he's doing his emo we-have-fallen-so-low gig.

The Scene with Dancer coming down to kick major ass was awesome. I understand why he's called "the rope" now.

[/spoiler:d53705b7bb]
    Erikson's really gotten his writing together by this point, he's integrating his chapters much better, and it feels good to finally know more about the world events than most of the characters do, and being able to understand offhand reference, instead of being dragged along for the ride. I'll have to reread the whole thing soon.

Plutonium on
    edited September 2006
    Plutonium wrote:
    Halfway through House of Chains

Impressions so far:

[spoiler:669ef0913d] Glancing through the Dramatis Personae, I'm thinking, who are these people? They're missing like half the cast that should be in this book!

Then I'm reading it, and I'm wondering, Who the hell are Strings and Cutter? Why are they suddenly main characters?

And then it's like... Oh Shit! [/spoiler:669ef0913d]

[spoiler:669ef0913d]Oh, come on. Strings? You didn't get it in an instant? ;)[/spoiler:669ef0913d]
    About the events of the book:

[spoiler:669ef0913d]
    Karsa is a Douchebag, I don't like his character at all. He seems completely one-dimentional, and when he's not in LOL KILL FOR GLORY mode, he's doing his emo we-have-fallen-so-low gig. [/spoiler:669ef0913d]

What's funny is that I completely, whole-heartedly agreed with you. At that point of the book. He grew on me. Essentially, "yes, there is importance to that first third of the book."
    [spoiler:669ef0913d]The Scene with Dancer coming down to kick major ass was awesome. I understand why he's called "the rope" now.[/spoiler:669ef0913d]

Yeah. Cotillion is my second favorite character.
    Erikson's really gotten his writing together by this point, he's integrating his chapters much better, and it feels good to finally know more about the world events than most of the characters do, and being able to understand offhand reference, instead of being dragged along for the ride. I'll have to reread the whole thing soon.

I'll be joining you prior to book 7. Of course, I'll probably have Night of Knives by then, too. Oh, and you might want to get through Book 5 before the re-read, since there's not really anything you have to know about the previous books for that one. Aside from the name of one organization from Genabackis, and one character from HoC.

Jragghen on
    edited September 2006
    Jragghen wrote:

I'll be joining you prior to book 7. Of course, I'll probably have Night of Knives by then, too. Oh, and you might want to get through Book 5 before the re-read, since there's not really anything you have to know about the previous books for that one. Aside from the name of one organization from Genabackis, and one character from HoC.

Do you know a site where I can import Books 5 & 6, and maybe Knives of Night online? It's a shame that it isn't getting published in the States at a more timely rate.

Plutonium on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Plutonium wrote:
    Jragghen wrote:

Do you know a site where I can import Books 5 & 6, and maybe Knives of Night online? It's a shame that it isn't getting published in the States at a more timely rate.
    You could just go with trusty old Amazon :)

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2006
    Dublo7 wrote:
    Plutonium wrote:
    Jragghen wrote:

You could just go with trusty old Amazon :)

I got 4, 5, and 6 through amazon.com. There's resellers in the US who sell the books for good prices there.

Night of Knives makes you go to amazon.co.uk, and is a tad bit pricier.

Jragghen on
    edited September 2006
    Just finished House of Chains

Questions:

[realspoiler:ee878b2534] Did Tavore know who exactly she killed? If not, I think she's in for a huge suprise in the future, seeing as how the body disappeared and all.

Also, holy shit the entire company of Brigeburners has ascended? I don't think that this include the 1000 or so killed in the cave-in, just the 25 or so, including Whiskeyjack, who formed the company after the persuit of Quick Ben, and were then killed at Coral. That's still a whole lot more demi-gods.
    [/realspoiler:ee878b2534]

The writing in the book got a whole lot better.

[spoiler:ee878b2534] Suddenly Cotillion got a whole lot more fleshed out, and I'm convinced that he's on the side of compassion and truth and justice and stuff like that. However, Kellanved's absence in the world's events is a little disturbing, and I have to wonder what he's up to.

Was Bottle in any of the earlier books? He seems a little familiar somehow.

Additionally, does anyone else find it a little contrived that somehow Kalam, Pearl, and Karsa show up on the same night to independantly kill off the entire high command of the Whirlwind army?

I still think Karsa's a major asshole, and did anyone else notice that Karsa's entire train of thought regarding the Malazan empire and how it brings peace and prosperity through conquering was the exact same as the conversation between Anomander Rake and Caladan lol Dune reference Brood in MoI when they found that the Dujek's army weren't really renegades?

Hehe, Korbolo Dom's in for some major torture at the hands of Laseen.

[/spoiler:ee878b2534]

Plutonium on
    edited September 2006
    Plutonium wrote:
    Just finished House of Chains

Questions:

[realspoiler:8e746b34d8] Did Tavore know who exactly she killed? If not, I think she's in for a huge suprise in the future, seeing as how the body disappeared and all.

Also, holy shit the entire company of Brigeburners has ascended? I don't think that this include the 1000 or so killed in the cave-in, just the 25 or so, including Whiskeyjack, who formed the company after the persuit of Quick Ben, and were then killed at Coral. That's still a whole lot more demi-gods.
    [/realspoiler:8e746b34d8]

[realspoiler:8e746b34d8]No, she does not. And I don't remember if the whole regiment, or just the one squad did. The Tanno Spiritwalker DID muse over whether a whole regiment could, however, so I imagine that the whole lot did - we'll just interact with the ones we know.[/realspoiler:8e746b34d8]
    [spoiler:8e746b34d8]Was Bottle in any of the earlier books? He seems a little familiar somehow.[/spoiler:8e746b34d8]

[spoiler:8e746b34d8]Nope. New character. He'll get more fleshed out in BH[/spoiler:8e746b34d8]
    [spoiler:8e746b34d8]Additionally, does anyone else find it a little contrived that somehow Kalam, Pearl, and Karsa show up on the same night to independantly kill off the entire high command of the Whirlwind army? [/spoiler:8e746b34d8]

[spoiler:8e746b34d8]Kalam, to a degree, can be explained away since he was sent by an ascendant, who would likely have a bit more knowledge of how things were going down, and would have bettern chances doing what he was supposed to if Pearl and/or Karsa were there as well. Pearl being sent makes perfect sense, Karsa arriving back....eh. It was more entertaining that way. There's a lot more coincidences with that single night, frankly, but it all comes down to the same thing - it's far more entertaining that way, and if they had arrived at different times, not everyone would have gotten their fair slice of the action[/spoiler:8e746b34d8]
    [spoiler:8e746b34d8]I still think Karsa's a major asshole, and did anyone else notice that Karsa's entire train of thought regarding the Malazan empire and how it brings peace and prosperity through conquering was the exact same as the conversation between Anomander Rake and Caladan lol Dune reference Brood in MoI when they found that the Dujek's army weren't really renegades? [/spoiler:8e746b34d8]

[spoiler:8e746b34d8]Yeah, but he's a likable asshole now, isn't he? And come on. He KILLED TWO DERAGOTH. As for the parallels, yeah. And for the most part, they're both right. Doesn't mean that the other side doesn't have merit, but if the people are better off under the Malazans, why outright make them your enemies. And everyone knows that once Karsa goes back to the Teblor, the Malazan will have him as an enemy again. ;)[/spoiler:8e746b34d8]

[spoiler:8e746b34d8]Hehe, Korbolo Dom's in for some major torture at the hands of Laseen.[/spoiler:8e746b34d8]

Must....not....say.....anything.

Jragghen on
    edited September 2006
    Argh! Too many spoilers... must... resist!!!!

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2006
    Dublo7 wrote:

[spoiler:d97f259f5f]Aeris dies[/spoiler:d97f259f5f]

Jragghen on
    edited September 2006
    Jragghen wrote:
    Dublo7 wrote:

[spoiler:06ec1a9def]Aeris dies[/spoiler:06ec1a9def]

The anticipation is killing me...

Damn you for being non-instantanious Amazon!

Plutonium on
    edited September 2006
    I like the "big" paperback that most of these have come as stateside. If I get UK copies from an amazon reseller, how do I know what size I'm getting? Most of the copies of Midnight Tides are mass-market paperbacks.

captaink on
    edited September 2006
    captaink wrote:
    I like the "big" paperback that most of these have come as stateside. If I get UK copies from an amazon reseller, how do I know what size I'm getting? Most of the copies of Midnight Tides are mass-market paperbacks.

My copies of HoC and MT were both smaller paperbacks from the resellers. I don't know if they have them in trade paperback size.

For the US sales, I think they're listed separately.

Jragghen on
    edited September 2006
    Jragghen wrote:
    captaink wrote:

My copies of HoC and MT were both smaller paperbacks from the resellers. I don't know if they have them in trade paperback size.

For the US sales, I think they're listed separately.

So Trade=Big
    Mass Market=Small

?

captaink on
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    captaink wrote:
    So Trade=Big
    Mass Market=Small

?

Correct.

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
    edited September 2006
    Fanart thread, for those who like that stuff

Some quality stuff. Some character spoilers for later books, I suppose. And, as far as I've gotten, one fight spoiler from BH, I think.

Jragghen on
    edited October 2006
    So, I finally started House of Chains (got kept up with other novels). I'm about a hundred pages into it, and I already hate Karsa. I mean, what's to like? He's a pompous asshole :lol:

Anyway, it is great stuff so far. Erikson's writing is much better.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2006
    Dublo7 wrote:
    So, I finally started House of Chains (got kept up with other novels). I'm about a hundred pages into it, and I already hate Karsa. I mean, what's to like? He's a pompous asshole :lol:

Anyway, it is great stuff so far. Erikson's writing is much better.
    I did too but by the end he's one of my favorite characters.

captaink on