As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] [GAME OVER-SPIES WIN]

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Mi-Go wasn't on the second mission, I was with the other people you named.
    Hence why people were suspicious of me and Flim. I've already explained why I'm not a spy so I'm not going to go over that again.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    doodles613 wrote: »
    I think I am getting the recap correct, but I am still confused as to who went on the second mission, sorry

Cerberus, Tayrun, Flimflammery & Mr Body . ultimately

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    This mission contained three successes and one failure. There has been one successful mission and two failed missions. One more failed mission will lead to the Resistance being crushed.

The next mission team will be made by @Blahmcblah

It will be a five player mission that will require two failures to sabotage the mission.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Put me in coach, I'm ready to play. Look at me, I can be center field.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Considering this is the do or die one..granted the next one is as well if we fail. I think it probably needs to be well thought out before a proposition is brought forward.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    We're doomed.

Whose idea was it to switch out people for the second mission, huh?

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Goddamn it you guys! I have no idea who to trust now, but I think it might be a good idea to vote down whatever blahmcblah comes up with.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Tayrun is a spy now, he being in two failed missions. Doesn't help that he accuses everyone he sees. blah, don't assign him to your team.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I don't quite follow Doodles. You think Flim threw us under the bus by rotating, but you think we should have rotated?

I'm almost certain Tayrun is a spy. His strategies seem to be juuuust enough to sound beneficial but they're also arguing against what we should be doing. The exception to this is when he gets to be on the mission, then suddenly he's all for inviting the right people along. It's also half hunch the way he's been throwing accusations at Mi-go, who's been making the strongest pro-resistance arguments.

Blah is untested but he was one of the first to properly question and vote against the insane plan of arbitrary team rotation. If he's a spy I'll eat my hat.

And, like I said. If I was a spy I totally would have sabotaged the first mission. Winning missions > everything else.

I think me, Blah, and Mi-Go are definite resistance but we need 4 for the next mission to work and we'd be flipping a coin picking one more. I honestly can't tell if Flim is a spy or just a victim of theorycrafting. I guess I'd trust the people who abstained on mission 2 proposal 1 more than the people who outright voted no, though that's pretty shakey.

MrBody on
  • Options
    If Tayrun is not a spy, I swear I will gut myself when this game is over.

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    We're doomed.

Tayrun and kilnaga's, really. Both are looking suspicious as hell. But then you, MrBody, and blah don't come out of this smelling of roses, either...

• Options
    We're doomed.

Tayrun and kilnaga's, really. Both are looking suspicious as hell. But then you, MrBody, and blah don't come out of this smelling of roses, either...

Psh, please. If I was a spy, there would be more than 1 sabotage card thrown down. And if Tayrun didn't sabotage I don't know who did!

• Options
    Goddamn it you guys! I have no idea who to trust now, but I think it might be a good idea to vote down whatever blahmcblah comes up with.

yeah...just vote down whatever blah comes up with and the obviously Daemonis. And when I come up with something vote yes on it.

And should it fail. I will get all the blame for losing the game :rotate:

• Options
    Mi-go - so it couldn't have, say, been Cerberus last time and you this time? For the record, I don't think you're a spy, but nothing is proven.

• Options
    If there has been one spy on both failed missions and we use only new people for this mission it is massively screwed as it implies that a number of the remaining people are spies.
    We need to decide who messed up the earlier missions, even if we make a poor call and allow one spy its not the end of the world on this mission.

Personally I think Tayrun and Kilnaga could well both be spies as Flim said, they wanted to rotate people (Hands up I listened to them) they basically supported each other to get the missions the way they wanted. Then Tayrun was random to throw people off.

I'd be interested to hear Blahs idea for a team so we could discuss it.

• Options
    Mi-go - so it couldn't have, say, been Cerberus last time and you this time? For the record, I don't think you're a spy, but nothing is proven.

Or you...

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    I don't quite follow Doodles. You think Flim threw us under the bus by rotating, but you think we should have rotated?

I'm almost certain Tayrun is a spy. His strategies seem to be juuuust enough to sound beneficial but they're also arguing against what we should be doing. The exception to this is when he gets to be on the mission, then suddenly he's all for inviting the right people along. It's also half hunch the way he's been throwing accusations at Mi-go, who's been making the strongest pro-resistance arguments.

Blah is untested but he was one of the first to properly question and vote against the insane plan of arbitrary team rotation. If he's a spy I'll eat my hat.

And, like I said. If I was a spy I totally would have sabotaged the first mission. Winning missions > everything else.

I think me, Blah, and Mi-Go are definite resistance but we need 4 for the next mission to work and we'd be flipping a coin picking one more. I honestly can't tell if Flim is a spy or just a victim of theorycrafting. I guess I'd trust the people who abstained on mission 2 proposal 1 more than the people who outright voted no, though that's pretty shakey.

Clearly you guys should let me out of the HQ more often. Put me on the mission and it will be a great success.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Cerberus wrote: »

Or you...
    Obviously, that's implicit. Nothing is proven, as I said.

I'm not, though :-p

• Options
    The Shadow yawns "You always have me to keep you entertained, Core-y".

• Options
    Flim, if you were picking this mission, who would you pick, I'd be interested to hear...

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I don't like how Flimflam is talking. I might be looking at it too deep, but his "Goddamn it guys" seems like a forced attempt to sound Resistance. As well as making very interesting theories.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Wtf? I really thought this was a solid team. Right now I trust MrBody more than anyone else, so I think he should be on the team. Kilnaga and Egos haven't done anything really suspicious yet, so I think we should give them a try. But who should be the fifth member? mi-go?

• Options
    I swear on my mother's grave that I am not a spy! Let me on the team.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    (Including myself, obviously)

• Options
    Will be away for game night, so I'll open it up for debate before liming my choices later.

• Options
    Has Daemonis done anything suspicious other than have a stupid nick name? I cant be bothered to reread 9 pages so thought I'd just ask.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    I would like to congratulate whomever that was.

I think it's most likely to be blahmcblah, as I was going over purely off his voting record.

I'd be surprised if it's mi-go or MrBody. Body's loudly arguing in favour of bad ideas, but he seems insistent enough that I think he's genuinely convinced he's right and being useful. Mi-go is just ..., I dunno. I feel I've kicked mi-go enough, which may be him playing the sympathy card very well.

Either way, mi-go, when I turn out to be resistance I would rather you did not gut yourself.

• Options
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Has Daemonis done anything suspicious other than have a stupid nick name? I cant be bothered to reread 9 pages so thought I'd just ask.

Mainly that and not saying much (up to where you put that).

• Options
    doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »

No, Flim threw us under a bus by making all this confusing nonsense, but then we rotated more people. I was saying we really have to examine the evidence and be very careful. I think one of the original three is a spy. Flim is a spy, so that leaves me and whoever else was not on a mission as a third spy. We really need to think careful on this one, becuase we could loose right here. I think Flim should be out, becuase there is too much suspicion around him.

• Options
    OK, why dont we do this, Lets make a list of who was on what mission, and see what mission failed. I bet we can find something in common. I was right to vote against that last group because it failed, and obviously there was a spy there. In this game, I would assume that the spys know who each other are (somehow) becuase isint there supposed to be a rule IRL where they all keep their eyes open while everyone who is not closes their eyes or something. For sure the spys voted yes for both the second and third mission, and there was obviously one spy on each. Lets try and look at this very logically to see who we can eliminate as a spy. I, for one, think I have proven myself to not be a spy. I think MrBody and MiGo also have less suspicion on them. I don't know what to say about blah, becuase he voted yes for one failed mission, but no for another, and was pretty insistent on not rotating and giving up the second mission. I think this should take some suspicion off him, but then again, he was a new person on a failed mission so I don't know.

First mission, Passed, 1 no votes: Egos (very suspicious, perhaps knew there was no spy there) Players: MrBody, Tayrun, Mi-go

Second mission, failed, 1 no votes, 2 abstentions (sorry about mine): Blahmcblah, MrBody, Doodles613 Players: Cerberus, Tayrun, Flimflammery & Mr Body (even though Filmflammery voted no, he really confused people a lot, and ultimately ended up failing the mission, perhaps to blame someone else, I think he is a spy and the no vote was becuase he knew it would pass)

Third mission, failed, 1 no votes: doodles613 Players: Tayrun, Blahmcblah, MrBody, mi-go hunter (I think this puts a lot of suspicion onto Tayrun, becuase he was on 2 failed missions, and perhaps is playing us and tried to build credibility in the first mission to sink us later on. I think its a bit suspicious for Blah too, but I cant be sure, he was using very sound logic against the team for the second mission, which would have put us 2-0 against the spys. I don't think a spy would count on failing three missions in a row to win, I am really unsure about both of them)

Ok, Final analysis, at least from my prespective. I would put the most suspicion on Tayrun or MrBody. I think it was very crafty of one of them to choose not to sabotage the first mission, but then they are on two failed missions in a row, both of which they did not actively voted no for. I think that we are wrongly putting our trust in them.

The other way to look at this, is to say that either Filmflammery OR Cerberus, and Blah are spys. Blah could be trying to cover for them with no votes and denying it, and they were all new people on failed missions. I would tend to think that Flim is more guilty then Cerberus, but that is just becuase of all the confusion that was caused around his vote, and it being silly to include new people, possibly just to cover for himself.

The reason I do not suspect Mi-go becuase was on separate missions where there was a pass and a fail. I think for the next mission, 100% certain we should use Mi-go. I think for now, we should not use Tayrun, MrBody, Flimflammery, Cerberus and Blah, becuase there is enough reason to be suspicious of them all of possibly being spys. That leaves:

Mi-go
    Damonis
    Egos
    kilnaga
    doodles613

So the team should be
    1. Mi-go

I think this is the most honest assessment of the facts, and we should pick from this list, as these people do not bring suspicion on themselves.

• Options
    haha, I feel like I play this game at a different time then everyone else :-p

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    I've not done anything suspicios as stated. I think I deserve to be included.

• Options
    I don't like how Flimflam is talking. I might be looking at it too deep, but his "Goddamn it guys" seems like a forced attempt to sound Resistance. As well as making very interesting theories.

Is this irony, or are you entirely serious? What are these 'interesting theories' you are going on about? I was simply expressing disappointment that the team I had thought was as solid as it could be was anything but, and I simply don't know who to trust any more.

Fuck it. Blah isn't going to pick me, as I've become suspicious enough, apparently. I really don't think that kilnaga and daemonis' voting records are particularly encouraging, but at least that team might speed us to what I think is our now inevitable doom. Especially as I think blah is one of the most likely culprits and possibly set tayrun up.

• Options

Is this irony, or are you entirely serious? What are these 'interesting theories' you are going on about? I was simply expressing disappointment that the team I had thought was as solid as it could be was anything but, and I simply don't know who to trust any more.

Fuck it. Blah isn't going to pick me, as I've become suspicious enough, apparently. I really don't think that kilnaga and daemonis' voting records are particularly encouraging, but at least that team might speed us to what I think is our now inevitable doom. Especially as I think blah is one of the most likely culprits and possibly set tayrun up.

I've already expressed how I feel about blah which is less then 100%, but how could blah have set tayrun up when tayrun was on a mission prior to his that went bad. I think that both tayrun and MrBody have some suspicion on them becuase they were on three missions, and it could be that either one of them chose to let the first one pass to give themselves immunity from scrutiny, and it worked wonders becuase they are now one away from a win. Brilliant play if you ask me! But then again, why are you so certain that blah is a spy? He did vote no for the second mission which split the teams under your recommendation?

• Options
    I'm not sure I follow most of the posts on this page. Since no one's come up with any other ideas, here's the team I'm officially proposing for mission #4: blahmcblah, MrBody, mi-go hunter, Kilnaga, and Egos. I don't believe this one has two spies on it, but if you disagree, it's your right to vote no.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Second mission, failed, 1 no votes, 2 abstentions (sorry about mine): Blahmcblah, MrBody, Doodles613 Players: Cerberus, Tayrun, Flimflammery & Mr Body (even though Filmflammery voted no, he really confused people a lot, and ultimately ended up failing the mission, perhaps to blame someone else, I think he is a spy and the no vote was becuase he knew it would pass)

Who's spewing confusing nonsense now? I cannot follow your line of reasoning at all. I voted 'no' on my own mission because I knew it would pass? WTF? Surely that's the most trustworthy thing I have done, as I suddenly lost confidence in the rest of the team (most likely with reason, it now seems), and thought the mission would fail. If I wanted my mission to fail, surely I would have gone along on it and, if I was a spy, FUCKING FAILED IT.
    The reason I do not suspect Mi-go becuase was on separate missions where there was a pass and a fail. I think for the next mission, 100% certain we should use Mi-go. I think for now, we should not use Tayrun, MrBody, Flimflammery, Cerberus and Blah, becuase there is enough reason to be suspicious of them all of possibly being spys. That leaves:

Mi-go
    Damonis
    Egos
    kilnaga
    doodles613

So the team should be
    1. Mi-go

I think this is the most honest assessment of the facts, and we should pick from this list, as these people do not bring suspicion on themselves.
    I think an honest assessment of the facts is that blah is picking the team, therefore we have no chance of survival. But as far as picking the team would go, I would go with mi-go, doodles (most of your reasoning is beyond bizarre, but I genuinely believe you are resistance), Egos, daemonis, and myself. Obviously that's not going to happen, but I suspect I will be voting whatever blah's proposal is the fuck down, and I would urge any resistance members to do so.

Flimflammery on
  • Options
    Ah. Took so long phone posting and trying to get quote attributions correct that I missed the proposal. Needless to say, I shall be voting 'no'.

• Options
    Either doodles is a genius or definitely resistance - he should be on the team, there is almost no doubt about it. Any team without him as a choice is a travesty at this stage.

• Options
    haha, I feel like I play this game at a different time then everyone else :-p

Does seem that you post when I sleep (and I'm in the same timezone as Tayrun and Flim)

• Options
    I'm not convinced on that mission team, Kilnagas is a pretty risky choice in my view. I'd be happier with a mission without him on it (him and Tayrun)
    Other than that I think that I don't have too many preferences.

I think an ideal line up would be Blah, MrBody, Egos, Mi-Go and Doodles??? (Not really sure about the last place as its an unknown factor)

I understand why people were suspicious of the mission I was on, but I am resistance, even if you dont put me on a mission, at least consider my ideas.