As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] [GAME OVER-SPIES WIN]

• FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Cerberus, have a close look at doodles' last gigantic post (particularly the first paragraph, fourth sentence), and tell me that's not the work of a resistance member. Either that or, as I say, he's a goddamn genius.

I agree kilnaga is not to be trusted.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Okay, maybe yeah. I think he could be safer than Daemonis. But who knows, I think Daemonis may just have a crazy sense of humour a bit like Tayrun and its got him in trouble.

Still I'm not cool with the current team set up, so am voting no.

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Cerberus, have a close look at doodles' last gigantic post (particularly the first paragraph, fourth sentence), and tell me that's not the work of a resistance member. Either that or, as I say, he's a goddamn genius.

I agree kilnaga is not to be trusted.

I'm totally resistance, just terrible at making plans. D:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Voting no to the current proposal.

MrBody, blah and mi-go are all on it. At least one of them is a spy. I base this on Mission 3 (those three + myself) failing, and knowing that I'm not a spy.

I'm suspicious of Blah for putting all of them on it in the first place, and I reckon that even if he's resistance, another spy could easily be in the remainder.

Tayrun on
  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    I am also voting no, i think we need a more trustworthy team and i am also not sure about blah. I am starting to trust film a bit more, and still think me-go is 100% solid. I think i should be on the next team add well, but who would be forth

Sorry for spelling and grammar errors, I'm posting from a phone lol

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Voting yes to this proposal. It rotates Tayrun out, includes the 2 people I trust the most now (blah and mi-go) and...well, the other 2 are just as good as any. Blah was a newcomer to the last failed mission, but he's been acting 1000% less suspicious than Tayrun. Honestly if he was a spy he could have just chimed in with the majority for arbitrarily rotating people out on mission 2. Would have blended in just fine. Instead he went with arguing the best possible resistance course of action.

Flim's concern is sounding a little...forced.

I think we're doomed at this point, but since this is do or die keep an eye on people arguing and voting no for this proposal. They're probably spies. If it fails and the next leader is resistance, I hope you take notes.

MrBody on
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I will vote yes on this proposal as well. blah seems far more trustworthy than Tayrun.

mi-go hunter on
  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Oh ffs. Fine. I look forward to saying 'i told you so'.

Well, it will be interesting to see what happens, I already voted no, but Mi-go, if you really trust blah, maybe I will change my vote to yes. This is really confusing....

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    doodles613 wrote: »
    Well, it will be interesting to see what happens, I already voted no, but Mi-go, if you really trust blah, maybe I will change my vote to yes. This is really confusing....

I don't trust blah fully but... the ones whom I believe might be spies (Tayrun and Flimflam) are the only ones arguing heavily against this mission. This alone, gives me enough reason to support it.

Doesn't change the fact that we are probably screwed though.

See, thinking hard about my reactions to different people in this game, I'm coming to the conclusion that what makes me trust both mi-go and doodles, and that persuades me that they aren't spies, is that they tend to be open to persuasion, and to flip flop between ideas. By way of contrast, MrBody seems to stick to one path no matter what. That might just be a difference in personality, granted. But it could be telling of the levels of information access at play here.

Just idly speculating, I guess. But it does give me pause.

MrBody wrote: »
    Voting yes to this proposal. It rotates Tayrun out, includes the 2 people I trust the most now (blah and mi-go) and...well, the other 2 are just as good as any. Blah was a newcomer to the last failed mission, but he's been acting 1000% less suspicious than Tayrun. Honestly if he was a spy he could have just chimed in with the majority for arbitrarily rotating people out on mission 2. Would have blended in just fine. Instead he went with arguing the best possible resistance course of action.

Flim's concern is sounding a little...forced.

I think we're doomed at this point, but since this is do or die keep an eye on people arguing and voting no for this proposal. They're probably spies. If it fails and the next leader is resistance, I hope you take notes.

Can't tell if competent spy or tragically misguided resistance member.

See, thinking hard about my reactions to different people in this game, I'm coming to the conclusion that what makes me trust both mi-go and doodles, and that persuades me that they aren't spies, is that they tend to be open to persuasion, and to flip flop between ideas. By way of contrast, MrBody seems to stick to one path no matter what. That might just be a difference in personality, granted. But it could be telling of the levels of information access at play here.

Just idly speculating, I guess. But it does give me pause.

Now, this statement. This has solidified my conviction that FlimFlam is a spy. Patting me and doodles on the back by saying we are definitely Resistance and casting doubt on Mr Body, arguably the most solid Resistance here, reeks of spy.

A-mi-go are you still planning to gut yourself when it turns out that I'm resistance?

Tayrun wrote: »
    A-mi-go are you still planning to gut yourself when it turns out that I'm resistance?

Yup. We are going to die anyway, so seppuku is the way to go.

edited September 2012

Can I have your stuff? The spy-moonbase needs decorating.

Tayrun on

Can I have your stuff? The spy-moonbase needs decorating.

Sure thing, Spyrun. I didn't write a will, so you can take as much stuff as you like after I die.

edited September 2012
    We'll just see, won't we mi-go?

I would stop trying to examine such things, since apparently it just makes me more spy-like, but I simply can't be bothered any more since we're so close to losing. Although I've voted 'no' I'm almost hoping the mission goes ahead, just to see how badly we fail, and then to find out who caused it. And I suspect I'll have the chance to be really smug.

Ultimately though, you gotta hand it to the spies in this game. They have done an awesome job. I've really gotta get better at playing it, I guess I haven't done myself any favours all along. Never mind, you live and you learn. Maybe next time I'll be a spy and work out how to screw everyone over with glee :)

Flimflammery on
    edited September 2012
    Best spyfriends forever! <3

(Until the end of the game when you die.)

Tayrun on
    Man, I can't take the suspense. I guess I'll just have to go to bed...

Ok, I'm going to vote yes, mi go isthe logical here and film is either a somewhat crafty spy out just unintentionally confusing. I really hope you're right mi go, otherwise well played

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    ok so I have yet to vote...atm it's looking like

1. Blahmcblah - yes
    2. Damonis - unknown
    3. Egos - undecided
    4. kilnaga - yes
    5. mi-go hunter - yes
    6. doodles613 - yes
    7. Mr Body - yes
    8. Flimflammery - no
    9. Cerberus - no
    10. Tayrun - no

this correct? at least from public discussion?

Egos wrote: »
    ok so I have yet to vote...atm it's looking like

1. Blahmcblah - yes
    2. Damonis - unknown
    3. Egos - undecided
    4. kilnaga - yes
    5. mi-go hunter - yes
    6. doodles613 - yes
    7. Mr Body - yes
    8. Flimflammery - no
    9. Cerberus - no
    10. Tayrun - no

this correct? at least from public discussion?

Looks right.

k what happens in the event of a tie vote? didn't see it in the op

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I'm a no actually. I'm thrilled I'm on the team, b/c I know I'm resistance, but the team should have doodles on it.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    You need a majority for a vote to carry, so a tie is a failed vote.

Capfalcon on
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    I'm a no actually. I'm thrilled I'm on the team, b/c I know I'm resistance, but the team should have doodles on it.

Yeah, you have a point there...

I am sticking with my yes vote, but if it fails to pass we still have 4 more tries to plan a mission team.

alright I'll No it, I'm curious to see where Daemonis vote fell

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    1. Blahmcblah - YES
    2. Damonis - NO
    3. Egos - NO
    4. kilnaga - NO
    5. mi-go hunter - YES
    6. doodles613 - YES
    7. Mr Body - YES
    8. Flimflammery - NO
    9. Cerberus - NO
    10. Tayrun - NO

The mission was voted down.

The @Damonis to make the next mission.

Who still has to vote? Also is this a double fall mission? I saw some take two failures to lose on. If it is, we have a good chance to pass this one!

hm.......though if he is stalking around ( and or is the last vote or if someone else was instead of me) , he could change his vote just to fuck around with people's minds. It's what I would do.

And I assume he isn't talking publicly about how he is voting for a reason.

SWEET!!! mission four requires two fails to fail out! I think we have a great chance because if we fail the first time with blah, we can still pass the second time. If we pass the first time, then we use the same four and good game!

Oh, so that failed, sorry I'm on myphone its not updating properly for some reason

So what happens now, who is the next leader?

Capfalcon wrote: »

The @Damonis to make the next mission.

so even if Kilnaga and I voted yes..it would have failed.hm

doodles613 wrote: »
    Oh, so that failed, sorry I'm on myphone its not updating properly for some reason

I didn't see it either for whatever reason..hence my earlier post :I

I dont think we can do much about that now, I am really trusting Mi-Go here becuase he has a consistent record and the least suspicion. How much do we trust Damonis though. He was not on any failed missions, but really has not said much in the way of anything. I guess I would trust him only on the basis that we have no reason not to. I think the team should include Mi-Go, so right now we would be at:

Damonis
    Mi-Go
    ?
    ?

remember, its a double fail, so we have an extra chance on this mission to get it right. I think this would be a good test to see who really is loyal for the first one, becuase the spys will not give up a mission this close to the win. If we can pass this mission, I think we win the game!

I personally wouldn't trust Damonis much. He did the "imperial spy" thing and then hasn't mentioned how he would vote ever since. Like " whoopsy I screwed up but I'm not gonna let you get any sort of read on me ", is how I read it.