As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Beej Diet [Weight Loss and Fitness]

19495969798100»

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    The last three runs I've been doing some heartrate training, the plan is to do exclusively loooow heartrate training for the next 10 weeks or so and see how it goes.

Around 150-155 at most (my usual running rate is the low 180s)...first two were pretty excruciatingly slow feeling but today felt a lot nicer and was a surprising amount faster than on monday.

30 miles over 3 runs from Saturday until today, will do another 8-14 Friday.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    I just got a haircut. That counts as weight loss right?

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I feel like the world is conspiring against me to get me to give up on working out.

Last-minute thing my boss wants me to do keeps me at work forty-five minutes late so I miss yoga. On Sunday my fucked up foot made me buy new shoes because it hurt so badly to walk in the ones I was wearing, and the new shoes gave me hells of heel blisters, which now are cracked and bleeding so my jogging shoes and in fact anything not flip-flops turn my heels into throbbing balls of fire.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Joe ChemoJoe Chemo Registered User regular
    You can get a good workout at home with planks, pushups, and single leg squats.

And if you don't do bodyweight circuits often, they'd be a great fat loss tool since your body is unadapted.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    mmm mmm mmm all dat egs and red meat
    cholesterol 177
    HDL 85
    HDL/LDL ratio ~1
    triglycerides 61

good job

poo
  • Options
    Joe ChemoJoe Chemo Registered User regular
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah that guy's a boss.

• Options
    thats pretty good
    i sent to my friend

poo
  • Options
    Thanks for the email, Shaz.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Man, I used to weigh close to 400 pounds, then dropped down to 200, and then started dating and shot back up to 260. I'm at 238ish now.

Thanks, exGirlfriend

and poor impulse control

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I feel like the world is conspiring against me to get me to give up on working out.

Last-minute thing my boss wants me to do keeps me at work forty-five minutes late so I miss yoga. On Sunday my fucked up foot made me buy new shoes because it hurt so badly to walk in the ones I was wearing, and the new shoes gave me hells of heel blisters, which now are cracked and bleeding so my jogging shoes and in fact anything not flip-flops turn my heels into throbbing balls of fire.

It happens.

Just keep going.

Just do it.

• Options
    Nike-Logo-psd64602.png

poo
  • Options
    I forget who, but there was a guy on that terrible parkour show that they filmed in Seattle who broke both legs and "couldn't work out."

So he just started walking on his hands everywhere he went and doing shoulder/upper body work all the time.

Just do it.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    There is no such thing as a terrible parkour show, there is only a terrible you.

Peen on
  • Options
    Jump City: Seattle, that's what it was.

It was just very...G4 Network.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Man, I used to weigh close to 400 pounds, then dropped down to 200, and then started dating and shot back up to 260. I'm at 238ish now.

Thanks, exGirlfriend

and poor impulse control

my ex told me to stop dating fat girls when I blamed her for my weight gain

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »

Thanks, exGirlfriend

and poor impulse control

my ex told me to stop dating fat girls when I blamed her for my weight gain

My ex was the type that could eat and not gain, so we'd go out to dinner pretty consistently. My body chemistry was way out of wack from being so heavy before and dropping the weight megafast. We did both join a gym, which I still go to, so there's always that. Love that place. I'm there like, 5x a week.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    LTM wrote: »
    Jump City: Seattle, that's what it was.

It was just very...G4 Network.

I didn't think it was that bad but I also tended to watch it for five minutes at a time.

• Options
    The actual events weren't bad, but the scoring and "competition" aspect just seemed random.

They picked good locations for it. If you pieced together a highlight video and gave it a pulsing dubstep soundtrack, it would also be good.

• Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    I'm about to go for a run, and while stretching noticed my knee hurts. This run is still happening. This is not the worst decision I've made recently.

• Options
    I have been running on one very hurt and one slightly hurt knee for the last 3 months....probably will hit 40+ miles this week...you could make worse decisions

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    hey weightloss thread

I started saying piss off to pussy cardio recommendations and have just been on some form of circular movement machine for an hour+ a day since the semester started

let me tell you about running, shirts, and nipples

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I could talk all day about running, shirts and nipples.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the first time I heard about the whole running/bleeding nipples thing, I was grateful for sports bras in a way I had never been before.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    The worst best thing is when I don't initially notice, only to realise how bad they are after hopping into the shower. It feels like the water has been transformed into tiny needles.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    AJR wrote: »
    The worst best thing is when I don't initially notice, only to realise how bad they are after hopping into the shower. It feels like the water has been transformed into tiny needles.

I thought the worst best thing was when you have tiny scabs there for several days afterwards

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    get.big

This discussion has been closed.