As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] [GAME OVER-SPIES WIN]

• FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Final spy predictions:

Tayrun- Definitely
    FlimFlam- Should change name to "FlipFlop". He's not a spy, but he should be made an honorary one.

Wait, what?

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Actually, hold on here, we could still win.

By the logic that no spy would put other spies on the team, and that multiple spies would have all voted "sabotage" for fear of risking a passed mission, then going by the record:

Leader MrBody: Tayrun, MrBody, mi-go hunter - 0 failure

Leader Cerberus: Cereberus, Tayrun, Flimflammery & Mr Body - 1 failure

Leader Tayrun: Tayrun, Blahmcblah, MrBody, mi-go hunter - 1 failure

I'd say Tayrun is a definite spy. FlimFlam is resistance and was just a victim of some very confused theorycrafting. Cerebus and Blah are in the clear.

If there were multiple spies on these mission there would have been multiple sabotages (if I was one I would have failed the first mission. 1 failed mission + 3 mistrusted players > 1 successful mission and a sleeper spy). Though it's always possible that there were multiple spies and they got EXTREMELY lucky that only one turned out to vote "sabotage" (or they worked out some secret code for voting). At this point though I think that logic is the best chance we've got.

SO, a final trustworthy 5:

Me, Mi-Go, Cerebus, Blah, Flim.

Hoping it's not too late to change my vote to no. If we go the way we are (mostly blind, just hoping we luck out for the final mission) we're going to lose. I think this way we have a chance, even if a lot of people don't trust Flim. These 5 are safe unless the spies got ridiculously lucky just happening to have only one "sabotage" vote for the 2nd and 3rd missions.

So yeah. EVERYONE GO WITH THESE 5. We can still win!

MrBody on
  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    @MrBody - thank you! That's what I've been saying all this morning!

@MrBody - thank you! That's what I've been saying all this morning!

Well, reading over it more closely, not quite, but I agree with your logic and your choices.

Now it's just going to come down to changing people's minds in time :(

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    your issue is gonna come down to convincing the rebel or rebels left out (like myself). since you'll inevitably be leaving one innocent out.

edited September 2012
    I was thinking about putting my final spy predictions up too, so since you've started us off...

Final spy predictions:
    Tayrun
    kilnaga

Possible spies:
    Daemonis
    Egos

Final resistance predictions:
    me
    MrBody
    mi-go hunter
    Cerberus
    doodles
    blahmcblah

Goddamn it, still not 100 % about my choices; since I'm so convinced kilnaga is a spy, I'm having real trouble squaring that with Egos being a possibility, since if they were both spies, they would have voted 'yes' for the last mission and failed it.

The trouble is, that means that one of my 6 resistance picks has to be a spy if Egos is not one. Since I can't help at this stage but trust MrBody, blahmcblah, doodles, and mi-go, I think that Cerberus might also be a spy, and that the spies have managed to coordinate very effectively.

To this end, the team I would trust more than any other would be:

me
    MrBody
    mi-go hunter
    doodles
    blahmcblah

Flimflammery on
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    MrBody is plainly resistance, he's been too angry about mistakes made to be pretending. Also he finally sees that I am resistance! Which Flim, that means you are too. If we accept that Tayrun is a spy we are both in the clear, either that or you DON'T agree with MrBody like you said. I think you are resistance as I am and therefore if I accept MrBodys logic you have to be too, in which case, you just keep confusing things with comments like the above.

@MrBody I also agree there needs to be a certain number of posts per mission in any future games. I have a horrible feeling that Daemonis is resistance, however made a poor joke at the beginning of the game and because of limited posts that has crippled him. We could be making this 5 vs 4 just because of that!

I think we are pretty boned even with having agreed not to isolate the entire failed teams and picking a spy. Though saying that if we put forward the team MrBody has suggested it could tell us a lot by the votes for and against it. I think we need to look at that in detail when it comes up.

Cerberus wrote: »
    MrBody is plainly resistance, he's been too angry about mistakes made to be pretending. Also he finally sees that I am resistance! Which Flim, that means you are too. If we accept that Tayrun is a spy we are both in the clear, either that or you DON'T agree with MrBody like you said. I think you are resistance as I am and therefore if I accept MrBodys logic you have to be too, in which case, you just keep confusing things with comments like the above.
    I keep confusing things because I'm confused! Did I mention I have a tendency to overthink things?
    @MrBody I also agree there needs to be a certain number of posts per mission in any future games. I have a horrible feeling that Daemonis is resistance, however made a poor joke at the beginning of the game and because of limited posts that has crippled him. We could be making this 5 vs 4 just because of that!
    The trouble is, if we assume Daemonis is resistance, who does that leave as spies? Tayrun, obviously; and then kilnaga, Egos, and...? Apart from the fact that there isn't anyone else left, it simply doesn't make sense that kilnaga and Egos are both spies - why would they have both voted no on the last mission, when they could have failed it quite easily?
    I think we are pretty boned even with having agreed not to isolate the entire failed teams and picking a spy. Though saying that if we put forward the team MrBody has suggested it could tell us a lot by the votes for and against it. I think we need to look at that in detail when it comes up.
    Agreed. If we can go with MrBody's team suggestion, let's give it a try. I'm still not sure about you, but I guess we've got little choice in the matter.

Although I suppose Egos did assume that even if he and kilnaga had voted 'yes' the proposal would have failed. In which case... Hmmm.

Fuck it. I'm back on board. MrBody's plan is the best we've got.

Although I suppose Egos did assume that even if he and kilnaga had voted 'yes' the proposal would have failed. In which case... Hmmm.

Thank fuck! ;)

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    I forgot how much fun this game was with new players. :D

For the record, you're all wrong.

Thanks to how we mangled the mission strategy, I still haven't a clear idea who the spies are.

MrBody + Filmflam make an interesting pairing. I really want to believe they're spies, because then MrBody has played very well. Sadly, I think MrBody is probably resistance. It's a tricky call though, because if he's resistance then his "trustworthy players" list is full of spies and he's just bad at this.

Could still go either way for Flimflam, but I'm leaning towards him being resistance as he seemed determined to play to win, in the face of an easy spy-getout (i.e. he was against MrBody's plan for the second mission).

Reasonably confident then that Cerberus and Blahmcblah are spies.

mi-go has won his way into my heart. I can't bring myself to believe he's a spy.

I wasn't certain about doodles until I read the last 8 hours of posting. Fairly confident that no spy does that good an impression of a very, very sleepy resistance member.

That leaves two spies amongst Egos, Daemonis and Kilnaga. Tricky. They've all been fairly quiet. Going off nothing but instinct, I think Kilnaga and Egos are the spies.

So this is my final list, in which I have far, far less confidence than usual. I guess that's a congratulations to Team Spy, good work.

Final Dunalist:

Resistance

Me (Tayrun)
    MrBody
    Flimflam
    mi-go
    Doodles
    Daemonis

Spies

Cerberus
    Blahmcblah
    Egos
    Kilnaga

Voting no on the current team, as it contains two of the people I believe are spies.

That said, I'm low-confidence that I'm right about Egos being a spy.

I am going to love every minute of rereading this thread once we know who are spies and who aren't...

I am going to love every minute of rereading this thread once we know who are spies and who aren't...

+1

It gets funnier and funnier the further you get through it.

If I was spy, would I have gone through all that work at 5am (EST) when the game was already 99% in favor of spies if we just guessed? O_O

edited September 2012
    @Tayrun - and if blahmcblah, kilnaga, and Egos are all spies (or even just two of them), why would any of them have voted against the last mission? By your logic they had at least two spies on the team - yet two of your probable spies voted against the mission going ahead. Why would they do that, when failing the mission would mean they would win?

Flimflammery on
  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    I think we need to just get the votes in, obviously, some people arguing now are spots and we are giving them a stage to over analyze the situation and cause confusion. Lets vote yes out no first, then discuss the next team :)

Damn phone, sorry spys

@Tayrun - and if blahmcblah, kilnaga, and Egos are all spies (or even just two of them), why would any of them have voted against the last mission? By your logic they had at least two spies on the team - yet two of your probable spies voted against the mission going ahead. Why would they do that, when failing the mission would mean they would win?

Oh this is a very good point. Yeah I hadn't taken the most recent set of data into account.

Ok, I'll reconsider and recalculate when I get back - busy atm.

I think most votes are in, likely just waiting on 1 or 2 people or Capfalcon...

@Capfalcon - How are we doing for votes? Are there many people who still need to?

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Daemonis wrote: »
    Everyone agree that mi-go is not a spy. Obvious pick.
    I know that I'm not a spy. So, I choose myself.
    Then I'm going to use previuosly unused guys. One of them is a spy but one fail is not enough.
    My team proposal: Daemonis, mi-go hunter, Egos, doodles613, kilnaga

I shall vote no on this mission.

I suppose Body's proposal is the best we got.

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »
    I forgot how much fun this game was with new players. :D

For the record, you're all wrong.

Thanks to how we mangled the mission strategy, I still haven't a clear idea who the spies are.

MrBody + Filmflam make an interesting pairing. I really want to believe they're spies, because then MrBody has played very well. Sadly, I think MrBody is probably resistance. It's a tricky call though, because if he's resistance then his "trustworthy players" list is full of spies and he's just bad at this.

Could still go either way for Flimflam, but I'm leaning towards him being resistance as he seemed determined to play to win, in the face of an easy spy-getout (i.e. he was against MrBody's plan for the second mission).

Reasonably confident then that Cerberus and Blahmcblah are spies.

mi-go has won his way into my heart. I can't bring myself to believe he's a spy.

I wasn't certain about doodles until I read the last 8 hours of posting. Fairly confident that no spy does that good an impression of a very, very sleepy resistance member.

That leaves two spies amongst Egos, Daemonis and Kilnaga. Tricky. They've all been fairly quiet. Going off nothing but instinct, I think Kilnaga and Egos are the spies.

So this is my final list, in which I have far, far less confidence than usual. I guess that's a congratulations to Team Spy, good work.

Final Dunalist:

Resistance

Me (Tayrun)
    MrBody
    Flimflam
    mi-go
    Doodles
    Daemonis

Spies

Cerberus
    Blahmcblah
    Egos
    Kilnaga

I'm inclined to agree with this reasoning for your reason lined above. If that makes "That leaves two spies amongst Egos, Daemonis and Kilnaga" the outcome, then I'll have to be voting no on this mission as well. I know that I am resistance, but with the other two listed being present on the mission, we will lose.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    I'm resistance as well... if we are both telling the truth. Those who don't believe us lost the games for themselves..oh well. I sent in my vote along time ago

Egos wrote: »
    I'm resistance as well... if we are both telling the truth. Those who don't believe us lost the games for themselves..oh well. I sent in my vote along time ago

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Mi-go was a spy. We all seemed to come to agreement that he was resistance too easily/quickly. I don't see why the spies would go along with handing us someone we could trust so easily unless the person was one of their own. :/

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    It would be amusing if all of this a big spy circle-jerk... *shrugs* guess we'll see after the game is over.

my bad math aside. why would I have held back from voting ;-) ? According to the new logic put forward, it had more than enough people on it to end this game. So why would I hold back my vote? :)

I only have a few hours left before I will not have access to my computer until tomorrow evening. I would really hate to miss something. I really dont know which way to vote here, i really do not think egos or mi-go are spys. Obviously I want to be included so we can have a 3rd reliable member. Kilgna is a toss up, because I dont think we used him, and Dameious was on a failed mission, but has really dont a lot to show he is not a spy. I'll vote yes for the mission becuase I am 90% certain that we can get through it and win.

I hope I'm not just mixing things up becuase of over analysis though

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Daemonis hasn't been on a mission at all. Are you sure you've read this thread? I've really lost the plot on what's going on here, so I'm just going to trust the majority and vote no.

Im really tired lol, I've worked like 60 hours this week between 2 jobs :(. I have to work more too, so im hoping to crash soon lol

can I vote maybe lol?

@Capfalcon - where are you, we neeeeed youuuuuu! :(

(i am getting worryingly addicted to this thread)

Egos, I just... don't know any more. My over-analysis circuits have gone bust...

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    doodles613 wrote: »
    can I vote maybe lol?

I don't think "maybe lol" is a valid vote. Neither is just maybe.

blahmcblah wrote: »
    doodles613 wrote: »
    can I vote maybe lol?

I don't think "maybe lol" is a valid vote. Neither is just maybe.

BAH to you, its so hard to tell who is and who is not a spy any more. I really wanted to be able to go on a mission, if this goes down maybe I can be on the next one. I want to lead us to victory!

There is always next game, doodles613. If capfalcon runs another game.

Alright everyone, I will not be back on until tomorrow evening. I have given in my vote already, and if the vote fails, then I hope that I make it in time to vote for the new proposal, which I think would be MrBody's. I will vote yes for that proposal and leave instructions for Capfalcon that I approve a team of MrBody, Mi-Go, Cerebus, Blah, Flim, as that seems to be the other popular choice. Good luck and I hope we win!!!

I was thinking something more:

Me, Mi-go, Body, Doodles, Egos.

I think that is a good group. Doodles and Mi-go for the multiple reasons we've all given for why we believe they are resistance. Body for the same. I know I'm resistance. Egos is the one I would trust the most out of the rest of the "untested." Even if he is a spy, that should only put one in the group, and we'd still pass.

- Terence McKenna
    If we pass this mission with one spy in it we will trust that team again. Then lose overall. Your logic/plan is pretty bad because of this.