As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel RPG] A Tale of Two Worlds

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    @GrimmyTOA
    Yeah, you can spend a PP for a Push a Stunt die for your next roll, or to create a Resource.

I think Grog has already gone - pretty sure only Nefaria is left.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    @jdarksun
    Ah. Well in that case I guess Nefaria can go.

• Options
    About to drive back from the beach, then jumping on a plane to Seattle in the morning. Will update as soon as I can; either at the airport tomorrow AM or on the plane if they offer WiFi.

(they better)

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Seattle appears to be a black hole of internet access. :P

• Options
    I was so fraking busy, my bad. Touched down back in VA, should have the update tonight.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    With a roar, Nefaria unleashes a blast of energy at Saar.
    Count Nefaria
    Solo d8, Buddy d6, Team d10
    Destructive, Mastermind, Seflish

Ionic Power
    Energy Blast d8, Kinetic Control d10
    Subsonic Flight d8, Superhuman Durability d10 (shutdown)
    Superhuman Speed d10, Superhuman Strength d10
    SFX: Area Attack, Boost, Energy Absorption.
    Limit: Ion Depletion - Add d6 to the Doom Pool and shutdown any Ionic Power trait. Activate an opportunity to recover.

@GrimmyTOA
    Nefaria: Boost (shutdown Superhuman Strength d10, Energy Blast -> d10)

Solo d8 + Destructive d8 + Energy Blast d10

Nefaria attempts to Blast Saar: 1d8 6 1d8 2 1d10 3

9 w/ d8 effect die
    Going forward, do we want to have one Reaction roll in reserve for the players? I'm OK waiting if you'd rather roll as needed.

Doom Pool:
    d6.png, d8.png, d8.png, d8.png, d10.png

jdarksun on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Saar is a blur as he ducks under Nefaria's outstretched arms, decades of training and battle having served him well. The coruscating energy sails harmlessly into the sky, and Saar dashes into a menacing position at the villain's shoulder.
    Saar's Dice
    1d6 (team)
    1d8 (reflexes)
    2d8 (master combat)
    1d8 (alien cop)
    Saar's Roll: http://orokos.com/roll/80261 (4, 3, 2, 7, 2)

Keeping the 7 and 4 for a result of 11, and a d8 as the effect die. I create a d8 complication for Nefaria: Flanked!
    I think a pre-rolled reaction is a good idea. No peeking, though!

@jdarksun to choose next actor.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    For a moment, Nefaria turns serious. He glances behind him at the alien, then at the elongated man still maintaining a tenous grip.

"It looks like I'm outnumbered."

From out of the gaping maw in the Raft shoots a bolt of erratic energy. It stutters to a stop, resolving itself into a vaguely man-like shape. It raises a fist at a Telesto...
    Living Laser
    Solo d4, Buddy d6, Team d8
    I Want to Be Human, Research Physicist, Show-Off

Photonic Form
    Godlike Flight d12, Intangibility d12
    Laser Blast d10, Light Supremacy d12

SFX: Holographic Constructs - Add d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when creating appropriate assets.
    SFX: Immunity - Spend d6 from the Doom Pool to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from vacuum, hunger, thirst, or fatigue.
    Limit: Mirror, Mirror - Step up or add d6 to the Doom Pool to turn Photonic Form into a complication because of mirrors or reflective surfaces. Activate an opportunity to recover.
    Limit: Energy Form - Step up or add d6 to the Doom Pool and shutdown Photonic Form when stressed out by energy-draining or light-trapping tech.

Crime Expert d8, Science Master d10, Tech Expert d8

@Grog
    Living Laser attacks Telesto

Buddy d6 + Show-Off d4 (step up Doom Pool) + Laser Blast d10 + Science Master 2d8

Attack on Telesto: 1d6 6 1d4 1 1d10 9 2d8 6, 8

Telesto may activate an Opportunity.

17 w/ d8 effect die

Doom Pool:
    d8.png, d8.png, d8.png, d8.png, d10.png

@Grog
    Telesto is up next.

Yet to Act
    Nefaria
    SHIELD Team

Ranger Saar
    Dr. David Row
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura

Edit:
    Sorry for the delays. I moved into a new house today, so tomorrow will resume our regularly scheduled updates.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    "Telesto doesn't move a muscle when the bolt of energy fires at him. Instead he just blurs and the bolt passes right through him- except it doesn't come out the other side. Over the din of the fight the others hear a light chuckle as he starts to glow a faint yellow and raises both his fists in the same way Laser did. A second later two bolts of light strike out in opposite directions, striking both the villains with a colossal 'ZAP'!"

Jake crosses his arms and nods to his dice. "Your move Kitty." he says with a grin.
    Reaction:
    Team D8 + Fatalistic Levity D8 + Intangibility 2D10 (unleashed)
    Reaction: 1d8 5 1d8 5 1d10 7 1d10 9

Spend a pp to add a dice to total, giving a 19 Total and D10 effect die. I'll use the Counterattack SFX to inflict D10 physical stress on Living Laser for free.

I believe I have two PPs? If so I'll activate that opportunity to create a D10 stunt dice (based on mimic) for my next action.

Zapping:
    Team D8 + Ethereal Splendour D8 + Mimic D10 (unleashed) + Stunt D10

Zapping Nefaria: 1d8 4 1d8 3 1d10 6 1d10 10

Hmm. Let's say a 14 total with a D10 effect to inflict physical stress since his defences are down. Here's hoping it works because if this actions fails a D8 gets added to the doom pool.

edit: forgot the flanked complication!: 1d8 8 Woop! That'll make an 18 total with a D10 effect die

Let's see what Nellie does after Nefaria's reaction.

Grog on
  • Options
    "Yeah!" James leaps half to his feet and pumps his fist, before sitting down and looking a bit sheepish. "Ahem."

• Options
    "Ooh, nice move, Jake!" says Lucy.

• Options
    I have no idea why this didn't post yesterday. :?

"Those are some nice rolls!" Kitty beams. "Let's see how Nefaria does."
    Buddy d6 + Mastermind d4 (step up Doom Pool) + Combat Expert d8

Nefaria reacts to Telesto's attack: 1d6 2 1d4 1 1d8 3

Telesto may activate an Opportunity

3 w/ d6 effect (or 5 w/ d4 effect, doesn't matter), attack succeeds.

Doom Pool:
    d8.png, d8.png, d8.png, d10.png, d10.png

"Hah, yeah, that gets him. Jake, I assume you want to create physical stress for Nefaria?"

@Sneaks
    Nellie can go whenever.

• Options
    Jake puts a finger on his chin and pretends to think about it. "Why yes, I think I do."
    Yeah sorry, the bit where I said physical stress was in the struck out part of my post. I've got no PPs to activate that opportunity, so @sneaks knock em dead!

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    A minute ago, Nellie had only been dealing with SHIELD agents. Now it was the island of misfit toys. Really. Stretch Armstrong and everything. In a matter of seconds, this Nefaria character seemed to have drawn the ire of everyone and everything.

Well, except for the glowing bloke. "Okay," Nellie resolved. "Let's lock that down." She'd pushed too hard too fast with Nefaria, tried to overwhelm him with sheer force. It was time to try a lighter touch…

'Is that who you are? The guy who comes when Nefaria calls him? Are you sure you're not better than that? That you're not better than him? Because that's what everyone thinks, you know. That he's better than you. And right now, in front of all these people, is the perfect time to prove them wrong. Beat Nefaria.'
    Take Control of the Laser
    Total [21]
    • Team: D6 [6]
    • Power (Mind Control): D8 [7]
    • Specialty (Psych Expert): D8 [8]
    Effect [5]
    • SFX (Unleashed): D8 [5]
    Miscellaneous:
    • Exploit (Watcher-Rolled 1; learned from attacking Nefaria): D4 [2]

I'll use a Plot Point for an extra total die.

"I know I said I was gonna work on Nefaria's powers," Carmen explained. "But you guys cracked his durability, so… Yeah. Let's take control of this Living Laser and turn him on Nefaria." The dice clattered to the table, and Carmen's mouth twisted into a grin. "That seems like it'll work. Lu—Obscura (@tzeentchling )! Go for it."

Sneaks on
  • Options
    Kitty nods. "Nice use of Plot Points! Let's see if Living Laser can take it." She gathers up a trio of dice, and gives 'em a roll.
    Living Laser reacts
    Buddy d6 + I Want To Be Human d4 (Step Up Doom Pool) + Intangibility d12

(I wrestled with Intangibility, but at d12 he's almost not even real anymore. So I included it.)

Living Laser reacts to Nellie's attack: 1d6 6 1d4 2 1d12 1

6 w/ d4 effect.

She winces as she adds up the dice. "Wow, that's going to hurt. 15 points lower? That's +3 to your effect die. Which is already a d8, so that's a d12 of Stress plus a d6 of trauma." Kitty looks at Carmen. "Do you want to inflict Mental Stress and Trauma? Arthur will be out of the fight, unless Nefaria can rouse him. And even if he does, Arthur is still going to have a nasty d10 or d12 of Stress you can add to your pools against him."
    Player Characters
    Ranger Saar
    Dr. David Row
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Telesto

NPCs
    SHIELD Agents
    Count Nefaria
    Living Laser
    Expert S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent d8
    Body Armor d6, Comms d6, Small Arms d6
    Count Nefaria

Ionic Power
    Limit: Ion Depletion - Add d6 to the Doom Pool and shutdown any Ionic Power trait. Activate an opportunity to recover.

Business Master d10, Combat Expert d8, Crime Master d10
    Menace Expert d8, Science Master d10, Technology Expert d8

Physical Stress: d10
    Living Laser

Photonic Form

SFX: Holographic Constructs - Add d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when creating appropriate assets.
    SFX: Immunity - Spend d6 from the Doom Pool to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from vacuum, hunger, thirst, or fatigue.
    Limit: Mirror, Mirror - Step up or add d6 to the Doom Pool to turn Photonic Form into a complication because of mirrors or reflective surfaces. Activate an opportunity to recover.
    Limit: Energy Form - Step up or add d6 to the Doom Pool and shutdown Photonic Form when stressed out by energy-draining or light-trapping tech.

Mental (?) Stress: d12
    Mental (?) Trauma: d6

Doom Pool:
    d8.png, d8.png, d10.png, d10.png, d10.png

@tzeentchling
    Obscura can go whenever.

• Options
    Living Laser slumps to the ground, his humanoid form flickering in and out of cohesion. His vague mumbling includes phrases like "will never be human", "always a sidekick", and "so close, I was so close."

@tzeentchling
    You're up!

@Sneaks
    Got a second choice if tzeentchling doesn't respond in 9 or 10 hours?

• Options
    Sorry! Really busy this weekend, I will post in a bit.

• Options
    No worries! I'm back at the office this week, so I was just sitting here looking at my sad, un-updated thread... ;)

• Options
    "Let's see," Lucy murmurs to herself. "Nefaria's Durability is shut down, and I know about his general weakness. This could be a good opportunity to try to hit him with some darkforce bolts."
    Pepper Nefaria with Darkforce Blasts:
    Team D8 + Created by Magic D4 (+1PP) + Darkforce Bolts D6 + Mystic Expert D8 + Ego Backlash Resource D10
    1d10+1d8+1d8+1d6+1d4 [1d10=3] [1d8=8] [1d8=2] [1d6=2] [1d4=3]

Wow that was mostly crap. I guess I'll take the 1d4 and the 1d8 for a total of 11, with a D10 effect die, inflicting physical stress if successful.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Nefaria rolls behind the sparking transformer, letting the torn slab of metal deflect Obscura's attack.
    Count Nefaria's reaction:

Solo d8 + Mastermind d4 (Step Up Doom Pool) + Combat Expert d8 + Doom Pool d8

Nefaria's reaction to Obscura's attack: 1d8 8 1d4 1 1d8 4 1d8 5

With a Plot Point, Obscura can exploit an advantage from the 1.

12 w/ d8 effect die

Doom Pool:
    d10.png, d10.png, d10.png, d10.png

@tzeentchling to decide who's next.
    Player Characters
    Ranger Saar
    Dr. David Row
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Telesto

NPCs
    SHIELD Agents
    Count Nefaria
    Living Laser

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Use plot point! The transformer that Nefaira just dived behind, that's ominously sparking, was damaged even more by her attack. It could blow at any second!

SHIELD agents next.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    "Mama Bird, this is Unit 37. Additional metahumans have breached the perimeter. One is down. Inmate N is still active, but local forces have him engaged. Backup still requested!" Langtry released the comm unit and fired off two quick shots. "Orders, sir?"

Rubens glanced at the darkforce-charged transformer. "Target his cover! Light it up!"
    SHIELD Agents attack Nefaria

Team d8 + Expert SHIELD Agents d8 + Small Arms d6 + Nefaria's Physical Stress d10 + Obscura's Darkforce Resource d6

Attack Nefaria: 1d8 3 1d8 1 1d6 4 1d10 1 1d6 2

Two of 1s. :(

7 w/ d10 effect.

Nefaria reacts

Solo d8 + Mastermind d4 (Step up Doom Pool) + Combat Expert d8

11 w/ d4 effect.

Doom Pool
    d10.png, d10.png, d10.png, d12.png

Player Characters
    Ranger Saar
    Dr. David Row
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Telesto

NPCs
    SHIELD Agents
    Count Nefaria
    Living Laser
    Expert S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent d8
    Body Armor d6, Comms d6, Small Arms d6
    Count Nefaria

Ionic Power

Business Master d10, Combat Expert d8, Crime Master d10
    Menace Expert d8, Science Master d10, Technology Expert d8

Physical Stress: d10
    Living Laser

Photonic Form

Mental (?) Stress: d12
    Mental (?) Trauma: d6

Nefaria dives out from behind the transformer as it erupts with darkforce. Black energy still plays across its metal surface, filling the air with the smell of ozone.

@Suicide Slyde
    Dr. Row is next.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    James stretches elaborately. "I've heard of analysis paralysis, but this is verging on the medical."

He smiles to take the sting out of his words.

• Options
  • Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    @jdarksun
    Sorry family emergency move on for the moment. I should be able to get back in soon.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Dr. Row pauses for a moment to compose himself, then charges at the exposed Count Nefaria. The mutant leaps into the air, forming two gigantic hammers with his hands that he brings down in an arc towards the Count's head.
    Dr. Row's Attack:
    Team d6, Unleashed Shapeshifting d12, Expert Acrobatics d8, Nefaria's Physical Stress d10

Dr. Row attacks Count Nefaria: 1d6 4 1d12 12 1d8 8 1d10 10

22 w/ d8 effect

Nefaria reacts:
    Solo d8, Kinetic Control d10, Combat Master d8, d10 from the Doom Pool

Nefaria reacts to Dr. Row's attack: 1d8 8 1d10 10 1d8 7 1d10 5

15 + 10 (spending a d10 from Doom Pool) = 25 w/ d10 effect

Nefaria barely deflects the attack and slides aside. Sweat drips down his face. His eyes are wild, his breath heaving.

"No! NOOO! I refuse to allow this to happen again!"

@tzeentchling @Grog @GrimmyTOA @Sneaks
    Nefaria goes postal.

Count Nefaria uses Boost - shuts down Superhuman Speed d10 to step up Energy Blast d8 -> d10
    Count Nefaria uses Area Attack - targets Ranger Saar, Dr. David Row, Nellie Cochrane, Obscura, Telesto, and the SHIELD Agents.

Count Nefaria:
    Solo d8, Destructive d4 (Step up Doom Pool), Energy Blast d10, Combat Expert d8, Area Attack 6d6

Nefaria goes postal, attacks everyone: 1d8 5 1d10 1 1d8 5 6d6 5, 6, 1, 1, 1, 1]

Nefaria goes postal mistake - did not roll distinction: 1d4 2

Nefaria rolls five 1s. Anyone may spend a Plot Point to activate one or more of these Opportunities.

18 w/ d8 effect

The massive energy blast unleashed by Count Nefaria catches everyone on the platform.
    SHIELD Agents react

Team d8, Body Armor d6, Expert SHIELD Agent d8

SHIELD Agents react to Nefaria's blast: 1d8 3 1d6 3 1d8 1

3 w/ d8 effect

d8 effect + 15 / 5 = 3 steps up, the SHIELD Agents are killed.
    d8 effect + 8 / 5 = 1 steps up, the SHIELD Agents are Stressed Out with d4 Trauma.

As the brilliant after-image fades, your eyes are immediately drawn to the smoking corpses bodies of the four SHIELD Agents.

@Suicide Slyde
    I'm rolling the reaction for you, but you're welcome to override me and roll your own if you like. I also can't remember if you have any Plot Points, which would be a factor here.

Dr. Row reacts:

Team d6, Brilliant d8, Shapeshifting d10, Acrobatics Expert d8

Dr. Row reacts to Nefaria's attack: 1d6 1 1d8 6 1d10 5 1d8 5

Dr. Row reacts to Nefaria's attack - forgot Nefaria's Stress: 1d10 2

11 w/ d10 effect

11 = 11, hit. d8 < d10, step effect die down. d8 -> d6

Dr. David Row takes d6 Physical Stress.

Kitty looks at the last two dice in the Doom Pool: both d12s. She picks them up. "Scene's over, folk. Give yourself 2 XP for my expenditure of d12s from the Doom Pool. Count Nefaria is clearly on the ropes, scared, and unhinged; some of you are injured, and your allies have been killed. How do you want this to go down? Does Nefaria get away? Does he surrender? Or do you mash his face in?"
    Doom Pool

(empty)

EDIT: RETCON
    Count Nefaria's results: [1d8=5], [1d10=1], [1d8=5], [6d6=5, 6, 1, 1, 1, 1], [1d4=2]
    Removing the 1s: [2d8=5,5], [2d6=5,6], [1d4=2]

11 w/ d8, d8, d4, (and default) d4, d4, d4 effect

jdarksun on
  • Options
    The dice clatter to the table, and James closes his eyes. "That's a terrible roll. Good thing I've got superhuman stamina, 'cause I think Saar's going to be rebuilding itself from the ground up. I think, in the light of that roll, Nefaria would get away -- from Saar, at least."

Saar's Dice:
    1d6 (Team)
    1d10 Reflexes (Unleashed)
    1d10 Combat Master
    1d8 Alien Cop

Results: Dodging Nefaria's Blast 1d6 1 1d10 5 1d10 4 1d8 2 (lost the link somewhere, sorry).

So. 9 total with a d8 effect. The attack hits superstyle, and I add 2 to the doom pool (1 for the d6 and one d10 for failing an Unleashed action). That's not good.

• Options
    Kitty slides a Plot Point to James for the 1 on his d6, and creates a fresh Doom Pool with the d6 and d10.

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    The now harmless husks of the transformer and the SHIELD agents seemed to be the only cover on offer. Nellie dove for the transformer, nabbing one of the abandoned M4s en route. (For all the good Nellie thought it would do!)
    Take Cover from Nefaria!
    Total [18]
    • Team: D6 [6]
    • Specialty (Acrobatics Expert) D8 [4]
    • Stunt (Watcher Opportunity; Acrobatics Expert) D10 (Spend one PP) [8]
    • Distinction (Nervous Nellie) D4 (Gain one PP) [1]

And I'll spend a Plot Point for an extra total die again.

Effect [4]
    Default: D4 [4]
    "I'm not gonna let this guy get away," Carmen said as she forfeited her last Plot Point to Kitty. "But yeah, he's probably gonna get away."

Sneaks on
  • Options
    Adding another d6 to the Doom Pool, Kitty hands a Plot Point to Carmen as well.

• Options
    Dodge the blast!
    Team d6 + Excellent Scout d4 (+1 PP) + Acrobatics Expert d10 + Flight (Darkforce Wings) d6:: 1d6+1d4+1d10+1d6 [1d6=3] [1d4=4] [1d10=5] [1d6=3]
    9 with a d6 effect.

Also, how did Nefaria get an 18? I can't make the dice rolls add up. Which values were you keeping?

"Nefaria totally needs to get caught. He needs to answer for his crimes here!" Lucy exclaims. "Of course, that assumes any of us are still standing...."

• Options
    Nefaria wound up keeping pretty much all the dice that weren't 1s. I could be reading Area Attack wrong? "Add a d6 and keep an extra effect die for each additional target."

So I kept two 5s, a 6, and the 2, and used a d8 on effect.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Extra effect die is different than extra success die, right? So I'd read it that the power would have a higher effect, but still only a total of your best two dice. Still a total of eleven, with an effect of d8 -- and then extra effects of d8 and d4 strength (the others having been negated for being ones) as per "Keep an Extra Effect Die [OM12]." It also seems that maybe you're supposed to add only 1d6 (as opposed to 5), and then you get to keep an extra effect die for every target. I think. Maybe. Nope. That last bit may be wrong.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    (OOC) Watcher error: Nefaria needs to use a separate Effect Die for each target. Retcon incoming.

Edit: For those interested, here's how it works:

Dividing Your Attention, OM52
    Some special effects (SFX) allow area attacks without spending Plot Points; these allow you to add a d6 to your pool and keep an additional effect die after the roll, one for each target. The downside to this is that it increases the likelihood of complications.

Emphasis mine. "Keep An Extra Effect Die" is actually a keyword, which is something I missed. See below.

Spending Plot Points, OM12
    Keep An Extra Effect Die
    You can spend 1 PP to keep an additional effect die. It doesn’t combine with or add to the first one; you have to use it on something else. Do this when you describe a cool action you want your hero to take that actually ends up having multiple effects. You could compare it to those panel sequences in comics where the hero takes down one crook, then another, boom boom boom. For multiple effects you need multiple effect dice. You can use effect dice to create assets and complications as well as inflict stress, so think of it as a kind of combo—for instance, you might inflict some stress and hand an asset over to your buddy so he can follow through with his own attack.

SFX included for reference.

Examples of Special Effects, OM90
    Area Attack
    Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.
    • Frequently included in Power Sets with Strength, Attack powers, or Elemental Control powers.
    • Useful against mobs (similar opponents grouped together as a single threat).
    • Rolling opportunities on an Area Attack action generally causes collateral damage, represented by the doom pool getting bigger.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    @tzeentchling @GrimmyTOA
    Obscura and Saar only take a d4 of Physical Stress.

@grog
    Telesto's reaction will be against Nefaria's 11 w/ d4 effect.

(OOC) [/RETCON]

• Options
    edited September 2012
    "Telesto just laughs in the face of the blast, trusting that fate will see him through."

Jake looks at the 1s arrayed before him. "It doesn't..."
    Team 1d8, Fatalistic Levity 1d4, Insubstantial 2d10 (unleashed), Neferia's stress 1d10

Reaction: 1d10 1 1d10 1 1d10 3 1d8 1 1d4 2

Hmm can I just choose 1 die for my total? If so I'm gonna use that d4 for a total of 2 with an effect die of d10 (negating the stress I think). If I can't do that then a total of 5 with a d4 effect will have to suffice.

Either way I gain a Plot Point and 1d10 is added to the Doom Pool.

"Yeah looks to me like Nefaria's gambit paid off. Maybe he just disappeared in the blast? Like we don't know if he just self-destructed or got away?"

Grog on
  • Options
    Saar's hand snaps out and wraps around Nefaria's neck. The blisters and burns left on the alien's green-brown skin by the blast are already writhing and fading as eerie metabolic processes kick in. Saar lifts the Count off of his feet and his face contorts for an instant. The ranger's shoulders ripple as he begins to clench his fist...
    I figure that with only d4 stress (that disappears at the start of the transition scene) plus Saar's superhuman healing, he'd recover faster than James originally thought. Also, he's used to dishing out frontier (ie fatal) justice. He'll listen to reason if anyone wants to keep Nefaria breathing.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    @Grog
    Oh, man. Thanks for pointing that out. :oops:

2 w/ d10 vs. 11 w/ d4 -> extraordinary success. 11 - 2 = 9 / 5 = 1, d4 -> d6. d6 < d10, step back effect by one. d6 -> d4.

Telesto takes d4 Physical Stress.

@GrimmyTOA @tzeentchling
    Actually, neither of you take any Stress. Your effect die are larger than Nefaria's d4, and your results are close enough to step the d4 down to nothing.

(OOC) Edit: Deleted, want to see how this plays out.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    The Dr. climbs back up to his feet. He holds his side as he walks towards Saar and Nefaria, "Hey lizard face, let him go!"

• Options
    Saar turns his head towards the approaching shapeshifter, and patches of squirming tentacles on the massive alien's face taste the air.

"Why?" Saar gestures around him at the wreckage and carnage of the Raft. "He seems to have resisted your attempts to rehabilitate him, and" he twitches his other hand slightly, prompting a panicked squirm from Nefaria "there may never be a better opportunity to rid ourselves of him."