As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] The Fifth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament [Full!]

1171819202123»

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    skarsol wrote: »
    Sumi wrote: »
    THANK YOU to everyone who came, donated, and made this a fantastic night (even though I can safely say I don't remember a large portion of it. In fact, I have no memory of walking from any bar to another during the entirety of the evening. Did we even make it to all the bars?) Ravenclaw, you are amazing, and I love you guys so much. Skarsol, THANK YOU for leading OotP, it's not easy, and you did awesome. And Atlus, words cannot say how much I appreciate you organizing this for us.

Until next year! CAAAA CAWW!!

Laugh, yes we made it to all the bars. :P In fact, you were running the whole final buttons/stickers/trophies stuff at the last one. :P

Hey now, I did at least half of that! ;)

• SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Just curious, does anyone know the final total we raised for Childs Play on the crawl and/or overall house totals?

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Just around $4k.

why are you smelling it?
  • Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    Just around $4k.

With Ravenclaw as the winners of the Triwizard Cup once more!!

CA CAAAAAWWW!!

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
    Tar3820 wrote: »
    Just around $4k.

CA CAAAAAWWW!!

RC actually brought in just about half of the total. The other houses need to stop slacking! :P~

why are you smelling it?
    edited September 2012
    Tar3820 wrote: »
    Just around $4k.

CA CAAAAAWWW!!

RC actually brought in just about half of the total. The other houses need to stop slacking! :P~

That's not exactly true :P It was over 4k, and the breakdown was about 40%, 23%, 22%, 15%

zerzhul on
    I said "just about"! :P

why are you smelling it?
    That's awesome! Though it is a shame we weren't able to go up after the Omegthon finale to present our money earned for Child's Play like the Cookie Brigade. If my quick head math is correct I think we have them beat on money donated per hour :P

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Sageheart wrote: »
    That's awesome! Though it is a shame we weren't able to go up after the Omegthon finale to present our money earned for Child's Play like the Cookie Brigade. If my quick head math is correct I think we have them beat on money donated per hour :P

Oh yeah? That sounds like a challenge, my friend. Alcohol versus Cookies!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.

It's not a competition between the TWDT and the CB; it's all for the kids!

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

I dunno - I think it would be kinda fun. And if it's all for the kinds, wouldn't more donations be a good thing?

BTW, I've PM'ed Atlus to see what we can do about the stage announcements.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    zerzhul wrote: »

I know it all goes towards a great cause; but it also kind of feels like the TWDT is the drunken, red-headed step child of the fundraising groups ;-) Over $4k from ~400 people in a single night is mightily impressive. Either way though, it won't stop me from donating to both the TWDT and Cookie Brigade if I'm able to make it to PAX again next year.

• DhutchDhutch Registered User regular
    I'd just like to raise a glass to everyone who mysteriously appeared safe in bed the next morning like I did, with their last memory being back at the bars. Man, the Green Tortoise is kinda far from Capitol Hill! ...I must have had a patronus to guide me.

Ravenclaw, Dumbledore's Army! CaCAW! 2011 TWDT Winners!
  • AtratyysAtratyys Registered User regular
    I'm very happy that the items my friends and I made helped bring in as much as they did for Ravenclaw. Until next year my drunken wizards!

CA CAW! 2013 Ravenclaw: Order of the Phoenix

AsyXe.jpgpCwR3.jpg
  • neuroticsilenceneuroticsilence PDXRegistered User regular
    I'd like to thank everyone who took turns carrying my drunk ass back to my hotel. Notes for next year: I'm a light weight, and energy drinks are not my friend. Never again.

Up until the final stop at Unicorn, I had a wonderful time though! I met some awesome people, and I hope to do it all again next year. Minus the drinking. Perhaps I can volunteer as a house elf?

CAACAW.

3DS Friend code: 2020-1039-6884
    b2f88qjay83l.png
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    I'd like to thank everyone who took turns carrying my drunk ass back to my hotel. Notes for next year: I'm a light weight, and energy drinks are not my friend. Never again.

Up until the final stop at Unicorn, I had a wonderful time though! I met some awesome people, and I hope to do it all again next year. Minus the drinking. Perhaps I can volunteer as a house elf?

CAACAW.

...Are you Sarah? I carried a Sarah out of the bathroom at the Unicorn, and my husband (with help from others) carried her back to her hotel room at the Sheraton.

Mogs wrote: »
    ...Are you Sarah? I carried a Sarah out of the bathroom at the Unicorn, and my husband (with help from others) carried her back to her hotel room at the Sheraton.

I hesitate to confirm, because it's highly embarrassing and my very first drunken near black out. But yes. I be Sara. I thank you both so much for your help.

b2f88qjay83l.png
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular

I hesitate to confirm, because it's highly embarrassing and my very first drunken near black out. But yes. I be Sara. I thank you both so much for your help.

No worries - we were glad we could help you get back home! We debated attempting to track you down to get you some good hangover food the next day, but we thought that might come off as kinda creepy. If you ever feel like blacking out in Portland, OR and want some insurance that you'll get home okay, give us a shout. :D

No worries - we were glad we could help you get back home! We debated attempting to track you down to get you some good hangover food the next day, but we thought that might come off as kinda creepy. If you ever feel like blacking out in Portland, OR and want some insurance that you'll get home okay, give us a shout. :D

I didn't even leave my hotel room on Friday. Worst. Hangover. Ever. I was actually disappointed that I couldn't find anyone who helped me out the rest of the weekend. Hugs would've been shared.

One thing is for sure though. NEVER DRINKING AGAIN. Well, for now anyway. But as I actually LIVE in Portland, there is always a chance we'll see each other around. Or rather, you'll probably see me because I had my eyes closed and don't remember what anyone who carried me looks like (aside from the Canadian because I met him prior to being drunk).

b2f88qjay83l.png
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I don't remember much of what happened at the final unicorn stop but I never made it back to the sheraton, ended up waking up on a random seattlians couch the next morning =0 , i regret nothing.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    I don't remember much of what happened at the final unicorn stop but I never made it back to the sheraton, ended up waking up on a random seattlians couch the next morning =0 , i regret nothing.

The proper term is Seattlite. And I'm glad to hear my fellow locals were hospitable.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Shout out to my Ravenclawn compatriots who netted us a second straight TWDT victory. Ca-CAW!

Sincerely, Mustaches for Eyebrows Guy in OotP

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • DaksaDaksa MesaRegistered User regular
    In case you missed the announcement. Sorry about the video I started it as soon as I figured out what was going on.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZai8TGNH3o&feature=plcp

• InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    That was a great time! Easily my favorite extracurricular activity this year. The PPP broke me (my own fault, really), and The Volume treats people like animals, but the TWDT stays true! I thank you all!

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • InterdictionInterdiction Registered User new member
    Wanted to thank and congratulate everyone for the awesome time and the fantastic fundraising work, now that I'm finally back somewhere with internet.

Special shout out to the OotP Ravenclaws I met from Arkansas, you seemed to be cool people.

The last three vivid memories of the evening:

Leaving the Unicorn, hearing someone mispronounce it as the Unicron and then going into a tirade about the awesome Transformers themed bar I wanted to open. Then, failing to coherently explain to people how all the names of Tranformers could also be the names of shots, and how you would mix a Devastator (with a pitcher) or an Ultra Magnus or a Shockwave.

The next is screaming "Blood for the Blood God!" after finishing Three Wizards, One Cup.

After that, it's after 2am and I'm trying to get something to eat at "Dog Japon" near the Green Tortoise.

Good Times. My only regret is not going out for this in previous years!

• Phenix3stPhenix3st CalgaryRegistered User new member
    edited September 2012

I didn't even leave my hotel room on Friday. Worst. Hangover. Ever. I was actually disappointed that I couldn't find anyone who helped me out the rest of the weekend. Hugs would've been shared.

One thing is for sure though. NEVER DRINKING AGAIN. Well, for now anyway. But as I actually LIVE in Portland, there is always a chance we'll see each other around. Or rather, you'll probably see me because I had my eyes closed and don't remember what anyone who carried me looks like (aside from the Canadian because I met him prior to being drunk).

I would be that "Canadian" :)

My one friend told me that this was posted online and i figured i should join up on the Forum.

So who's ready to East? :)

Merica!

Phenix3st on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Phenix3st wrote: »
    So who's ready to East? :)

Merica!

Fuck yeah. We need more westerners there. Yay PAX.

zerzhul on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    Fellow wizards! Ghost vodka guy here, I'm starting a new much larger batch next week. If you tried it during the crawl and would like some from the new batch shoot me a message!

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
This discussion has been closed.