As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] [GAME OVER-SPIES WIN]

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    @Capfalcon - where are you, we neeeeed youuuuuu! :(

(i am getting worryingly addicted to this thread)

Egos, I just... don't know any more. My over-analysis circuits have gone bust...

Waiting on a vote.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    1. Blahmcblah - NO
    2. Damonis - YES
    3. Egos - NO
    4. kilnaga - NO
    5. mi-go hunter - NO
    6. doodles613 - YES
    7. Mr Body - NO
    8. Flimflammery - NO
    9. Cerberus - NO
    10. Tayrun - NO

Mission vetoed.

@Egos for the next mission.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    so do people want

Mr.Body, Mi-Go, Cerebus, Blah, and Flim?

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    No.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Too many people from failed missions on that one. Why not put yourself on the team?

I think he's worried it might not pass, and he is trying to make a party that can reach a consensus. I agree though, too many people from failed missions. The team should also have doodles.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I think that team is good because it works on the assumption of who the spies were in earlier fails. I massively disagree with blah, we need to be taking people from failed missions. Otherwise we lose 3 resistance members for isolating one spy.

Kilnaga wrote: »
    I think he's worried it might not pass, and he is trying to make a party that can reach a consensus.

Basically and I don't necessarily disagree with Mr. Body's logic either.

@blahmcblah

since you seem to be up. If you had to rotate one person out , who would it be?

If you don't want to answer that is fine. Or if you would have a completely different strategy, I'd like to hear.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Either Cerberus or Flim for Kilnaga (which would pretty much end up being the team I picked earlier and would thus end up getting voted down again). Partially based on mission history, partially on feeling.

blahmcblah wrote: »
    Either Cerberus or Flim for Kilnaga (which would pretty much end up being the team I picked earlier and would thus end up getting voted down again). Partially based on mission history, partially on feeling.

See though, I'd put me in the set up as well, but I'd also want doodles in it, which is why I voted no.

Mi-go, Body, Doodles, Me, Egos.

- Terence McKenna

My brains say Flim. My gut says Cerb. (one talks alot but has acted oddly= flim...the talking alot has worked in his favor though)

Brains trump gut usually. Oh well..

Could work, but people seem to not want to vote for unknowns.

If I do put forward : Mr.Body, Mi-Go, Cerebus, Blah, Flim.

And I know I'm resistance, it would basically be me assuming that

kilnaga
    Tayrun
    doodles
    Daemonis

are Spies...

alright even though I'm hesitant...I won't be around till later tomorrow. And judging by the responses from others this is the only thing that will fly and I would kind of like to get a chance to more actively participate (So next game)

Mr.Body, Mi-Go, Cerebus, Blahmcblah, Flimflammery

also if mr.body or mi-go are spies instead cerb or flim..I'm gonna hit myself.

And I'm yes-ing it if it needed to be made clear.

I looked at the times between Capfalcon asking for actions/response and delivering results. And couldn't see any choreographing of any sort...sadly.

Ah, MrBody's team of choice. I'm not completely sold on the theory, but it might get us past this mission at least. I'd like to see more discussion about it before I make my vote.

I will be voting NO then (wait... how many more times can we fail this proposal before the mission fails?)

If that list is made on the assumption that those 4 are the spies. I know I'm not, and based on doodles crazy effort/logic of the past few pages, I'm fairly sure he's not, which means it is very likely you landed more than 1 spy on the mission team.

- Terence McKenna
    This is proposal #3. Two tries left after this, so really one try before we're forced to accept mi-go's choice.

blahmcblah wrote: »
    This is proposal #3. Two tries left after this, so really one try before we're forced to accept mi-go's choice.

Well in that case I'm sticking with NO.

- Terence McKenna
    it depends how you read this narrative

Leader MrBody: Tayrun, MrBody, mi-go hunter - 0 failure

Leader Cerberus: Cereberus, Tayrun, Flimflammery & Mr Body - 1 failure

Leader Tayrun: Tayrun, Blahmcblah, MrBody, mi-go hunter - 1 failure

If MrBody were a traitor. Odds are he wouldn't pick another traitor willing. A traitor may sabotage or may support to gain trust. I personally would support to gain trust. (you have 4 more missions to win)

Second mission: Cerberus is leader. He leaves mi-go out. If mi-go is bad (which seems impossible to most) and so is he. He implicates himself,flimflam and mrbody.

Tayrun- If Tayrun is bad (which most have to conclusion to). He has pretty much been forced into a corner as to who to pick... as I recall. If mi-go were bad (again something most think impossible), this would be the time to make Tayrun or Mr.Body look the villain.

Alternatively you can switch out Tayrun for MrBody. Who most also consider inconceivable.

Odds are he wouldn't pick another traitor willing*

Should be "Odds are he wouldn't pick another traitor".

• FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Crap crap crap. I don't know what to do. I was confident before, but I'm having a crisis of confidence about mi-go and Cerberus.

I'm imagining you as George Bluth Sr. and it's very amusing.

It's one possibility, I wouldn't too worked up about it. There are quite a few :/

Also if there were more than one spy on a team at any point. This is an alt possibility and just part of the discussion . The only way I see it working is if you had previous member setting a precedent where they show they are willing to sabotage a mission and then the other members know "THIS DUDE WILL DO IT". So they have some inclination to just support and feel safe.

• FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Well, if they're both spies, then we fail this mission and lose the game. But, to be honest, if mi-go was a spy, I don't see why he would have voted yes on the blah proposal, since it seems obvious now that that would have succeeded, even if, as likely, there was one spy on board. However, if Cerberus is a spy we are utterly boned in the final mission.

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Cerberus, Blah AND Flim on the same mission?

Definite NO vote. Reckon you've got two spies in that trio.

Tayrun wrote: »
    Cerberus, Blah AND Flim on the same mission?

Definite NO vote. Reckon you've got two spies in that trio.

That is what I'm saying. The list he put up assumes both Doodles and myself are spies. Definitely not the case for me, and I'm fairly sure doodles is resistance after all his posting the past few pages. That team is built to fail.

- Terence McKenna
    I said I'd support MrBodys choice of team and I will.
    If however this mission does not go through, I'm telling you now I'll be voting no to any teams with Kilnaga or Tayrun in. Specifically Tayrun, who I am fairly certain is a spy!

Cerberus wrote: »
    I said I'd support MrBodys choice of team and I will.
    If however this mission does not go through, I'm telling you now I'll be voting no to any teams with Kilnaga or Tayrun in. Specifically Tayrun, who I am fairly certain is a spy!

Says one of the spies on the current team that will make it fail. D:

- Terence McKenna
    "If this fails, I'll totally make sure the remaining non-spies don't get on the team." Yup, totally reinforcing my NO vote.

- Terence McKenna
    Kilnaga, it goes both ways, I think you are likely a spy so don't want you on a mission. Either you are a spy and trying to stop me getting you removed OR I'm wrong and we are both resistance and going to isolate one of us. Your answer doesn't tell me which. You've made me worry about my decision but I still think I'm right.

Cerberus wrote: »
    Kilnaga, it goes both ways, I think you are likely a spy so don't want you on a mission. Either you are a spy and trying to stop me getting you removed OR I'm wrong and we are both resistance and going to isolate one of us. Your answer doesn't tell me which. You've made me worry about my decision but I still think I'm right.

At the very least, Doodles should be considered resistance. From there I know I am resistance, which means there are likely 2 spies on the current mission team. If you know you are resistance as well, then you should be looking at the other members on the team with you.

- Terence McKenna
    There is the logic that Flim was the one who sabotaged the second mission rather than Tayrun, I'm less inclined to believe it but it is possible. If I was going to remove anyone it would be him. The others I am pretty happy with generally, other than Blah, who seems to have disagreed with everything I have said from quite early on. Makes me wonder if thats been because its been hampering the spies, though that logic is a bit self absorbed!

if Flim was a spy and Tayrun or someone else wasn't. The logic would follow that blah was probably the other. I would think.

Basically the bad luck narrative.

Egos wrote: »

I'm going with that is probably the case. Tayrun did get setup to be untrustworthy too easily.

- Terence McKenna
  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »

I'm going with that is probably the case. Tayrun did get setup to be untrustworthy too easily.

Mostly by MrBody.

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I am getting a headache just by thinking of all the possibilities of who's who. Just going to vote yes, it will make my life easier.

And for the record Spyrun, Mr Body didn't have to "set you up" for me to know that you are either:
    a) An obvious spy
    b) A Resistance member that acts like a spy on purpose.

mi-go hunter on
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Sorry, brothers. I am currently on the run from Imperial gestapo agents and will not be able to access internet until tomorrow night. I think I here them coming! Gotta go!