As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Diablo III: 1.05 PTR notes, Enchantress no longer worth keeping around

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Wanted to try out that freeze-on-hit thing on my WD, with dmg aura on all pets: Sitting just below 22% proc and I tell you, I see maybe one frozen enemy every third-fourth large mob pack. Does monsters get some huge fucking resistance to these effects or what (inferno diff, ofc), because I'm wholly unimpressed so far.

Panda4You on
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Bearspam WD, 1h or 2h? I've been playing with 2handers and they're fine but really seem to need some attackspeed from gear because of the awfully slow animations. 1h on the other hand gives bad returns for mana and I can't seem to get as much damage out of them.

Also, any idea what's this worth: Bracers with 154 dex, 179 vit, 28 poison resist, 66 all resist, 20% magic find. From searches I'd go 10mil+, but I don't really know about dex users.

• spitfirekspitfirek Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I'm trying to figure out what I want to upgrade next on my DH... here she is:

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Spitfire-1721/hero/96952

First question, is there any piece of gear that I could find an upgrade(reliably) for less than 500k gold?
    Second question, other than boots, neck, and ring(that are under leveled) what is the next piece of gear I should focus on upgrading?

EDIT: My skill build is for when I am grouped, I usually use a different one for solo that is more focused on kiting.

spitfirek on
    steam_sig.png
  • MMAgChMMAgCh remember tomorrow. Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Wanted to try out that freeze-on-hit thing on my WD, with dmg aura on all pets: Sitting just below 22% proc and I tell you, I see maybe one frozen enemy every third-fourth large mob pack. Does monsters get some huge fucking resistance to these effects or what (inferno diff, ofc), because I'm wholly unimpressed so far.
    Proc chance on Burning Dogs was nerfed into the ground in 1.0.4, so that build pretty much doesn't work anymore. On the other hand, it doesn't really have to any longer either!

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    spitfirek wrote: »

First question, is there any piece of gear that I could find an upgrade(reliably) for less than 500k gold?
    Second question, other than boots, neck, and ring(that are under leveled) what is the next piece of gear I should focus on upgrading?

EDIT: My skill build is for when I am grouped, I usually use a different one for solo that is more focused on kiting.

You could probably upgrade your xbow if you drop the vit on it for reasonably cheap. Get one with a socket instead of crit% as you should have a gem that will give a better crit %. You probably want to get a quiver with +disc or crit % or +skill, too.

Here's my DH, guys. What do you think would be good to upgrade next? I'm thinking of switching all of my stuff over to new nats, and getting the ring.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

You could probably upgrade your xbow if you drop the vit on it for reasonably cheap. Get one with a socket instead of crit% as you should have a gem that will give a better crit %. You probably want to get a quiver with +disc or crit % or +skill, too.

Here's my DH, guys. What do you think would be good to upgrade next? I'm thinking of switching all of my stuff over to new nats, and getting the ring.

Legacy nats is better. Just get your mark and you'll be ready to destroy.

• BountyHunterBountyHunter Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Finally hit my first level 60, working my way through Hell Act IV, just had my first big thing drop. Thoughts?

uBsE4.jpg

If the sorceress can use 2h maces, it looks like a good option for her.

They Can use 2h maces...

D3: iNaddict#1252
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iNaddict
    PSN: iNaddict
  • Onslaught_FeiOnslaught_Fei Registered User regular
    Interview with my brother on the front page of diablofans. Even though twitch has offered him a contract to stream and get paid he's declining. The boy values freedom and privacy more than money and e-fame. Personally I think streaming is kind've dumb as is e-fame.

XBL: Onslaught Fei
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Well, I guess it depends on what your other resources are.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    Wait Alkaizer's your brother?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Onslaught_FeiOnslaught_Fei Registered User regular
    Yeah, sorry. Some PA people asked me during the stream as I was one of the voices and the chat moderator.

XBL: Onslaught Fei
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »

Legacy nats is better. Just get your mark and you'll be ready to destroy.

I still can't decide about legacy nats. So expensive.

Welp I guess I've got to save up that 60 mil

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    So I'm considering the WW/Sprint build for my barb. He just hit 55. Should I even attempt it before I hit 60? What crit chance % would I need before the build is viable? How about Life on Hit? Any advice would be appreciated.

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
    I'd like to know why I sometimes get saved with a Warrior's Rest checkpoint, and other times I do not.

• BountyHunterBountyHunter Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    I'd like to know why I sometimes get saved with a Warrior's Rest checkpoint, and other times I do not.

You have to see the words "Checkpoint" pop up when you enter it.. Sometimes it doesnt pop (for reasons i dont know)...

Happened to me a few times.. running to one of the caves in Act 2 and died vs a champ pack.. only to find out i get rezzed in town instead of cave entry.. FML.

D3: iNaddict#1252
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iNaddict
    PSN: iNaddict

You have to see the words "Checkpoint" pop up when you enter it.. Sometimes it doesnt pop (for reasons i dont know)...

Happened to me a few times.. running to one of the caves in Act 2 and died vs a champ pack.. only to find out i get rezzed in town instead of cave entry.. FML.

That's one of the strange parts. Sometimes "checkpoint" will pop up and I won't be saved. Other times "checkpoint" does not appear, and I get saved.

Currently, I am in the "Checkpoint" never popped up and yet I am saved to it situation.

I think I may have a good reason to not buy Nat's Legacy set. Wondering what other people think.

It seems highly unlikely that Blizzard would perpetuate a situation in which the best armor for a DH is armor that was only available during the first few months of the game.

At the moment they can maintain this situation since we are close to the release date, and the items are still available for purchase. However, over time, it seems like they would add items to the game that are more powerful. When these new items are added, the value of Nat's will drop.

Does this seem like a reasonable thought? Three years from now Legacy Nat's will not be the best gear for a DH.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    assume patched items and expansion. if three years is the time frame you want for what you're spending, don't spend it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    So I'm considering the WW/Sprint build for my barb. He just hit 55. Should I even attempt it before I hit 60? What crit chance % would I need before the build is viable? How about Life on Hit? Any advice would be appreciated.

The build doesn't quite work in it's fully-formed state until you can get Thrive on Chaos (WotB L60 glyph)... however, if you want to try working in battle rage/into the fray and sprint/run like the wind into a pre-60 build you can see some decent successes when running through maps. You want as much crit you can get. The build doesn't work very well until you're running around 35-38% crit. Mainhand a mace/axe and use weapon master/ruthless, pick up around 18% crit on your gear and you should have enough. At 60, you could probably squeak by at around 800 loh, but 1000+ would probably be better.

edit: also you want to get a bit of +attack speed% and as much +crit damage as you can. beyond that go ahead and turtle up with resists/vit/armor and you're basically set up through act 3, when you can start working on refining your gear

Dehumanized on
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Keemossi wrote: »
    Bearspam WD, 1h or 2h? I've been playing with 2handers and they're fine but really seem to need some attackspeed from gear because of the awfully slow animations. 1h on the other hand gives bad returns for mana and I can't seem to get as much damage out of them.

I have not tried a 2-hander on my Zombie Bears build (I can't stand slow casts) but I'm doing just fine with my 1-hand+offhand setup. Bears crit for 200-350k and often I can just flatten an act 3 champ pack in 5 seconds by dumping my whole mana pool at it. Plus you can add on something like Spined Dart and all the sudden your attack speed is helping you get back that mana you're spending on bears. Anyway all the top paragon WDs are using 1H+offhand so it can't be that terrible an idea.

I think you do want mana regen on a couple items to support it though.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
    edited September 2012
    RandomEngy wrote: »

I have not tried a 2-hander on my Zombie Bears build (I can't stand slow casts) but I'm doing just fine with my 1-hand+offhand setup. Bears crit for 200-350k and often I can just flatten an act 3 champ pack in 5 seconds by dumping my whole mana pool at it. Plus you can add on something like Spined Dart and all the sudden your attack speed is helping you get back that mana you're spending on bears. Anyway all the top paragon WDs are using 1H+offhand so it can't be that terrible an idea.

I think you do want mana regen on a couple items to support it though.

Yeah, I've done some runs with 1h+off (admittedly pretty bad ones), both with mana regen. They're ok, but I keep running out of mana. I think 1h bears has a higher gear (or dps anyway) requirements before it really starts working.

Atm I'd really love to start using those 1handers so I could also useThing of the Deep and not have to keep pickup radius on 2-3 pieces of gear. Good 1h+Thing just get a bit expensive for my tastes.

e: Uhh.. just got a Tyrael's Might for that sweet movement speed. Too bad it looks really horribly ugly. I should just vendor it so it's rid of.
    e2: Whatever, it's lucky ugly apparently. Just wanted to do a quick test run and gota Manticore out of it.

Keemossi on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    MMAgCh wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Proc chance on Burning Dogs was nerfed into the ground in 1.0.4, so that build pretty much doesn't work anymore. On the other hand, it doesn't really have to any longer either!
    The curious thing is not even my own attacks freeze anything for shit :(
    Build being dead seems pretty accurate, but it's not really related the the dog nerf in this case.

Panda4You on
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Of course now that everyone's super keen on offense, my first ever set drop would be this:

blackthornessurcoat.jpg

Damn near minimum vit roll to cap it off, heh.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    I think I may have a good reason to not buy Nat's Legacy set. Wondering what other people think.

It seems highly unlikely that Blizzard would perpetuate a situation in which the best armor for a DH is armor that was only available during the first few months of the game.

At the moment they can maintain this situation since we are close to the release date, and the items are still available for purchase. However, over time, it seems like they would add items to the game that are more powerful. When these new items are added, the value of Nat's will drop.

Does this seem like a reasonable thought? Three years from now Legacy Nat's will not be the best gear for a DH.
    The question is if you can turn a profit with the increased efficiency of a legacy nat's set over that span. I think so although I don't know your current speed. For me, the investment has paid off in spades.

• darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Damnit I still haven't seen a set item drop. I have been playing my low level chars though. They said they increased drop rates of legendaries for lower level difficulties, but I've leveled my wizard from 1-40 and haven't seen more than a handful of rares so far.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I made it to Ghom. Fuck Ghom.

Pretty much. I've skipped him, and had no trouble with Siegebreaker, Cydea, Azmodan, Iskatu, and Rakanoth, but Ghom is very hard.

Beat him recently as a barb. Bash+somethinigIforget, rend+life steal rune, revenge+something, quake+something, leap+IP, stomp+damage rune. I don't remember the names or exact effect of my runes, and I'm at work so I can't look them up, sorry.

My barb is built with 2hander, life steal, and crit. Whenever Ghom would drop a fart, I pulled him out of it, the continued to smash his gut. Used my leap and stomp effectivly, so that the slimes he spawned actually gave me positive life from my ls. If I got low with no health pot available, and there were slimes inc with no defense up, I pop quake to gain some life and kill the slimes(only needed to do that once). The damage on him wsas nice.

I actually found the fight very fun. Got him down on the 5th try, with good progress on each other attempt. I had to learn the bosses moves, strategize, and use all my abilities effectivly. Good boss fight.

If you want to see meh berb, his name is Crushwell. Again, at work, no linky.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    So is the consensus now to not buy gear with MF % on it, given that every Paragon Level gained slowly diminishes its' value on gear?

I need to up my gear to farm Act 2 better, so I need to decide how I want to spend my cashmoney.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Krummith wrote: »
    I've made it into Act II on Inferno, but I've run into a bit of a wall.
    I know I need to upgrade most of my equipment, but I'm not sure what direction to go in first.
    If I should try to get my DPS up first, or resistances, or vitality. I'm just not sure which way to go.
    My profile is here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Krummith-1859/hero/19144618
    I'd appreciate any suggestions.

@Krummith You need more ResAll so much it isn't funny. You have about twice the DPS A2 strictly "needs" and more than enough vit. You can quite easily sacrifice DPS and a bit of vit for ResAll.

Galvanizing ward is a sucker's passive. All it's giving you is the convenience of pushing a button every 4 minutes instead of every 2 minutes, and a completely irrelevant amount of regen. Get rid of it. I would suggest blur if you're unwilling to change your active skills. Your DPS is far high enough that you could also sacrifice magic weapon to take teleport+fracture and use the passive slot on illusionist. You currently have exactly 1 "oh shit" skill in diamondskin which is on a long cooldown, does not actually remove you from the dangerous situation, and may only bail you out for 1 or two hits. I'd get a second active survival skill in, and dump galvanizing ward for illusionist, or at *least* evocation. But illusionist is totally awesome.

Cog on
  • CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Idx86 wrote: »
    So is the consensus now to not buy gear with MF % on it, given that every Paragon Level gained slowly diminishes its' value on gear?

I need to up my gear to farm Act 2 better, so I need to decide how I want to spend my cashmoney.

Some MF% is still worthwhile unless you plan on poopsocking to 100 in 3 weeks. For most humans, it will take a long time to get even close to capping PLevels and you can view them as just a supplemental way to help you close in on the cap without retarded expensive MF/DPS gear.

Cog on
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Idx86 wrote: »

I'm still getting MF on my gear, but it's not a priority over killspeed anymore. Realistically unless you play a massive amount you're not going to level the MF off your gear - Paragon 60 is around 28% of the way to 100, and that still leaves plenty of room for MF.

E: Just looked at my profile, I noticed that I've been playing without a rune for Mantra of Conviction, so I've been missing out on +24% damage... I'm an idiot, haha.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • jaggyjaggy Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    First good legendary drop since I started playing again:
    windforce.jpg

Now I'm tempted to dust off my demon hunter. Spin2Win...EZ mode...too strong...

jaggy on
    jaggy wrote: »
    First good legendary drop since I started playing again:
    windforce.jpg

Now I'm tempted to dust off my demon hunter. Spin2Win...EZ mode...too strong...

That's hot - I had a Windforce in D2. Where did it drop?

sig.gif

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Still on my legendary drought. No drops since the patch (I've only had 1 in inferno since release), hell I didn't even get a drop worth more than 50k the entire weekend :(
    Running 250ish% MF with 5 stacks now mainly just act 3 inferno clears.

Bless your heart.
    So I've done two runs today, first a rather mediocre Manticore, then a Skorn on the second run. I'd place this at 100mil+ from stats, but I don't know if strength - 2handers sell atm. Any idea what to sell this for? (on RMAH or gold, not sure yet)

skorn.png

• HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    so for those of you playing right now, add me since all I have anymore on my friends list are people who haven't played in months... HooverFish#1668

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
    That's gotta be worth $250 on the RMAH, I'd think.

sig.gif

So I've done two runs today, first a rather mediocre Manticore, then a Skorn on the second run. I'd place this at 100mil+ from stats, but I don't know if strength - 2handers sell atm. Any idea what to sell this for? (on RMAH or gold, not sure yet)

skorn.png

That's better than my dex one I think. Mine sold for 100 mil really quickly.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    You probably shouldn't hassle with it and just send it over to my Barbarian for safe keeping.

Bless your heart.
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    One of these days, I'll get to kill demons again.

One of these days...

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
This discussion has been closed.