As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Philip K. Dick, and the things he wrote

2»

• Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hey, I liked Flow My Tears.

But yes, the ending is a bit wha?

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I liked the movie version of A Scanner Darkly, even though I haven't read the book. :P It's probably my second favorite film of all time... and while it is a bit heavy on the conspiracy theories, it's also delightfully paranoid and definitely a statement about drugs and the time we live in in our society.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    Low KeyLow Key Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MrMister wrote: »
    Flow My Tears has the worst ending I've ever read in a published work.
    So, this guy lives in a futuristic police state. Then his ID card dissapears, and suddenly he's a low-class renegade instead of a wealthy socialite! Also, lots of trippy shit happens.

At the conclusion we discover why his ID dissappeared and all the trippy shit happened. No, it's not because our hero took a bunch of drugs and was hallucinating--that would be terrible, but at least it would make sense. No, it was because someone else took some drugs that were so powerful that they fucked with our hero's reality.

The story ends with our hero waking up from someone else's trip.

That actually happened to Dick once.

Low Key on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bladerunner owns. I cried at the end.

That's all I have.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I read DADOES when I was a teen and it was a pretty good book. Gotta dial for them 'feel good' pills. Anyways, of the films based on his books I loved Total Recall, Blade Runner, and Minority Report.

LondonBridge on