As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, September 10, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 19: Games for Windows or Not

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Monday, September 10, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 19: Games for Windows or Not

There's too many different services that share the same names. Get it together, Microsoft.

Read the full story here

Dog on

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    the end of this episode hurt my poor headmeats

• Options
    WolvenSpectreWolvenSpectre Saskatchewan, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Three... three... I have reported more Half life 3 games than that... oooooooh you were making a funny on Half Life "3" ha... ha... haha...hmmmmm.

• Options
    dreamshadedreamshade Registered User regular
    Sir, at 0:34, I specifically heard you call the new FF game "Lightning's Return," when the logo behind you CLEARLY says, "Lightning Returns!" WHAT A BUNCH OF SLOPPY JOURNALISM

• Options
    GathorallGathorall Registered User new member
    Adding to dreamshade's comment shouldn't be rhere are in the notes.

• Options
    Ori KleinOri Klein Registered User regular
    We wanted Dark Souls on the PC. We got it. But they insisted to put GFWL in it.

I had to sigh heavily and NOT buy it.
    DarkSiders 2 is great, though!
    Bought it through Impulse, play it through Steam.

• Options
    AlcasteAlcaste Registered User regular
    As long as this Xbox games on windows thing lets me play Dust, I'm happy with the venture. Otherwise... seems kinda meh.

• Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Microsoft doesn't need better marketing, they need to allow different divisions to talk to one another. The XBox <--?--> Games for Windows situation you described is basically a model of how they run things in Redmond in general.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo Trekkie Extraordinaire Baltimore, Maryland, USARegistered User regular
    I loved this episode, and consider it one of the best so far. :)

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is this game on Xbox live arcade? Games for Windows live? Xbox games on windows? WTF?

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    moosemaimermoosemaimer Registered User regular
    XLiveWinBoxGameForS? Christ, did they hire somebody away from Sega? Maybe next they'll come out with an addon for the 360 that lets you play certain PC games, but only the ones they release, and there will be less than 10.

• Options
    ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    Brilliant!

• Options
    Don RebaDon Reba Registered User regular
    I think Microsoft would just do well to not hire Kathleen for marketing. No offence intended.

• Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    Wow. As dumb as that whole x-windows-box-live-???-profit! thing is, I'm grateful that it set up one of the funniest moments of the season. Keep up the good work, LRR!

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    ABCDiabloABCDiablo Registered User new member
    "Best thing to come out of Ice Cube's movie career."
    What? Video game nerds don't know about Friday or Boyz n the Hood?

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Don Reba wrote: »
    I think Microsoft would just do well to not hire Kathleen for marketing. No offence intended.

Ah yes the magic words that somehow remove intended offense.

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Wow. As dumb as that whole x-windows-box-live-???-profit! thing is, I'm grateful that it set up one of the funniest moments of the season. Keep up the good work, LRR!

The bit with the DLC for whatever Medal of Valor it was that was putting out a map, three monkeys, and a mango, was that last season? That may be my all-time favorite bit.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Kathleen_LRRKathleen_LRR Registered User regular
    @don Reba "I think Microsoft would just do well to not hire Kathleen for marketing. No offence intended."

I would not want to work in their marketing department. I would however like them to hire someone who is not me to say "that makes NO SENSE" when they announce things like this.

• Options
    Don RebaDon Reba Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    @Kathleen_LRR
    Seems perfectly clear — MS ported a few XBLA arcade games to Windows 8. They had XBox Live on Windows Phone 7, as well. Your explanation is much more entertaining, though. And thanks for replying!

Don Reba on
  • Options
    GamescookGamescook Gay geek wantin' office job & family in 10 years. Bridgeport, WVRegistered User new member
    I think Square-Enix (read: Motomu Toriyama) emphasizing that there will be a happy ending says two things:

1. That Square genuinely (and as tone-deaf as possible) believes that people are invested enough in the god-awful story to care.

2. That Square is saying outright what the ending will be shows that they never knew how to actually handle the story in the first place.