As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Well, they already trademarked the names in the US, so this isn't that surprising.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/13/level-5-trademarks-names-from-3ds-guild01-collection-in-us/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Oh yes. I would like to play these video games.

• RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=catalogue&pageID=1&sectionID=0&prodcat_id=154

Nintendo Australia is listing GBA VC as one of the possible types of downloadable goods on the eShop. Let's cross our fingers and hope that they have GBA titles on the eShop soon.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    *fingers crossed*

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I've got ten GBA games up for download on my eshop.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576

wat

there are ten gba games on the eshop?

Renzo wrote: »

wat

I'm pretty sure he was an ambassador.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Most people think Dr. Mario is the GB version just listed in the wrong place, it's already on VC in some areas.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Renzo wrote: »

wat

Yeah, they just showed up one day. Metroid Fusion, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Mario Vs. DK, Warioware: Mega Microgames, Yoshi's Island, Wario Land 4, F-Zero, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror!

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm randomly browsing the eShop and there's a pinball category. Why isn't Pokémon Pinball on the eShop?

Oh, right. I'd be jealous if I hadn't already played all of them!

Mystical Ninja Hitting 3DS Virtual Console Tomorrow
    Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, the 1997 Game Boy title, is coming to the 3DS Virtual Console in North America tomorrow, a Nintendo representative told us today.

The game is out in both Japan and Europe, coming out in March and August respectively.

Mystical Ninja, the only portable Goemon game released in North America, came out shortly after the Nintendo 64 game of the same name, which has still yet to see a Virtual Console release. Legend of the Mystical Ninja, the Super Nintendo release, is the only other game to see a Virtual Console release in the west.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Anyone try out Fractured Soul? It looks fun as hell but the $11 price tag is making me hesitant

• FCDFCD Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Mystical Ninja Hitting 3DS Virtual Console Tomorrow
    Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, the 1997 Game Boy title, is coming to the 3DS Virtual Console in North America tomorrow, a Nintendo representative told us today.

The game is out in both Japan and Europe, coming out in March and August respectively.

Mystical Ninja, the only portable Goemon game released in North America, came out shortly after the Nintendo 64 game of the same name, which has still yet to see a Virtual Console release. Legend of the Mystical Ninja, the Super Nintendo release, is the only other game to see a Virtual Console release in the west.

I downloaded it, and it's a rather dull Zelda-esque game. Bland sprites, with little of the humor and personality that you'll find in other Goemon games. I mean, I know the GB can't equal the SNES games, but Link's Awakening and Wario Land clearly show that it can do better when in the right hands.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Anyone try out Fractured Soul? It looks fun as hell but the $11 price tag is making me hesitant

This weekend for review, I hope.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • ReaverbotReaverbot Registered User regular
    That second Game Boy Goemon game is horrible. I managed to find it Used and still felt ripped off.

It's pretty sad that it's the only other Goemon game North America will ever get on the VC until they fix the main issue that plagues all N64 games that require a controller pak to save.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm thinking about Fractured Soul but haven't pulled the trigger. @LBD_Nytetrayn did you ever write up a review?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    3DS eShop Update for September 20th

Games

Retro Pocket
    Platform: 3DS / DSi
    Price: $4.99 / 500 Points

Retro Pocket is a fun and exciting video game that brings you back to the glory days of LED handhelds! Discover eight all-original LED-style games such as Kung Fu Hero, Whale Escape, Mind Your Head, Candy Factory and more! Retro Pocket features Game A and Game B modes in all eight games for extra gameplay variations and more high scores to obtain. Aside from the retro visuals, an all-original retro-game-inspired soundtrack await your ears as well! UFO Interactive Games would like to welcome you (back) into the wonderful world of Retro Pocket!

Rising Board 3D
    Platform: 3DS
    Price: $2.99

Sun, sand, waves! Do you miss the sandy beaches?!? Get your board and dive into the happy, colorful world of Pop Island!!! If you are looking for fame or just the beauty of a trick, join us! You're joining a style, you're joining a family!!! Put your board in the water and surf the wave!!! Slalom across the islands to collect sun points! You can use them to buy new boards! Whether you are riding a sailboard, or a kiteboard, a wakeboard or a surf, define your style, leave your mark. Launch your best tricks and, carried by the music, create your choreography. These are not just tricks, it is an experience of making a beautiful gesture, with good timing, with joy!!! Special events punctuate your progress. Wait to surf giant waves or step onto a stream so fast it makes time

Demos

THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave
    Full Release: September 27

Radio waves are all around you. However, what you might not know is that, at any and all times, mysterious little creatures float around near these waves. They're called "Denpa" Men. You can't see them normally, but you can find them and catch them with your Nintendo 3DS. This is a role-playing game in which you collect Denpa Men to form a party, and use this party to explore dungeons. Each radio wave territory has its own completely unique Denpa Men, and no two of them are ever the same! Their faces, bodies, and personalities are all different, and some of them even have special skills and strong points. There's a practically infinite number of variations! Sometimes, you'll even find Denpa Men who are exceptionally strong. Try searching in lots of different places to form your own team of these wonderful tiny critters, and take them on an adventure to rescue a certain special someone from the clutches of the King of Evil!

---

Also apparently there's a 3DS firmware update available.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    skeldare wrote: »
    THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave
    Full Release: September 27

Radio waves are all around you. However, what you might not know is that, at any and all times, mysterious little creatures float around near these waves. They're called "Denpa" Men. You can't see them normally, but you can find them and catch them with your Nintendo 3DS. This is a role-playing game in which you collect Denpa Men to form a party, and use this party to explore dungeons. Each radio wave territory has its own completely unique Denpa Men, and no two of them are ever the same! Their faces, bodies, and personalities are all different, and some of them even have special skills and strong points. There's a practically infinite number of variations! Sometimes, you'll even find Denpa Men who are exceptionally strong. Try searching in lots of different places to form your own team of these wonderful tiny critters, and take them on an adventure to rescue a certain special someone from the clutches of the King of Evil!

---

Also apparently there's a 3DS firmware update available.

Does this game actually use your WIFI adapter to detect different radio waves and turn that into creatures and dungeons?!

Ok, it uses the camera for AR showing the denpa men you can capture and collect. Signs point to "maybe" for actually detecting and generating them based on real radio waves around you. That's pretty cool.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I don't think the dungeons change but it seems to be the case when it comes to the denpa men themselves.

It's a great demo at any rate and I'm totally buying the real game next week.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm thinking about Fractured Soul but haven't pulled the trigger. @LBD_Nytetrayn did you ever write up a review?

I haven't yet, but I hope to soon. Here are my general thoughts from what I've played:

It's solid, but tricky. There is a lot of switching between the top and bottom screens, and it can be a little disorienting as a result. But if you can handle that, it's got great controls and graphics, and is a rather challenging platformer.

Well, mostly great control. The main character's jump really, really sucks. He has a jet booster for a double-jump, but you have to use it all the time-- it would have been nice if they'd just given him a higher-powered regular jump with the rocket effect.

For what I've played so far (I really need to play more), the stages-- that is, the backdrops-- don't feel terribly varied, and fighting the enemies kind of spoils it. They aren't necessarily bad, but kind of dull and unmemorable, and I wouldn't really miss them if they were gone and I could just focus on the already-challenging platforming.

Also, it has a rather harsh scoring system for each stage. Like, Mega Man Zero harsh. I don't think it matters much in the grand scheme of things, but...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Didn't Blaster Master get a remake? I checked on my 3DS and saw a sequel that I could swear was the original BM but never saw the remake itself.

Or was it a Wii thing only?

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Wii got a sequel not a remake.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    The Denpa Men is suprisingly fun, if you haven't checked out the demo you really should. I'll definitely shell out $7 for it next week!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I tried the demo out but couldn't get any "radio waves" from the tower. I'm assuming this was because my wireless internet went down, so does this game basically rely upon wi-fi to gather Denpa Men?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Chorazin wrote: »
    The Denpa Men is suprisingly fun, if you haven't checked out the demo you really should. I'll definitely shell out $7 for it next week!

Yeah, wow, really well done little game. Totally picking it up as well. The capture mechanic reminds me of all the time I spent feeding CDs to Monster Rancher on the Playstation.

• Cucco LeaderCucco Leader Registered User regular
    I can't recommend Fractured Soul. If it didn't have the flipping from screen to screen mechanic it might be decent. That delay of looking back and forth and juggling what's going on, on both, it just feels like a gimmick that is holding me back. Oh well.

Get Donkey Kong: Original Edition For Free By Downloading Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone! Or Crosswords Plus From Nintendo eShop
    Today’s launch of two new software titles will have people broadening their artistic horizons and deepening their love of creative wordplay. Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! and Crosswords Plus are now available for the portable Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, giving consumers a variety of fun ways to learn about how to draw and paint or challenge their puzzle-solving skills anytime, anywhere.

Shoppers can purchase both packaged games as usual at retail locations nationwide. Or they can simply purchase and download the game on their own from the Nintendo eShop using a wireless broadband connection. Regardless of the purchasing method, both Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! and Crosswords Plus sell at a suggested retail price of $29.99 each. Also, Club Nintendo members who purchase either of these games through the Nintendo eShop and register them before Jan. 6, 2013, will receive a download code for the Donkey Kong: Original Edition game for free. This is a special version of Donkey Kong with content never before seen in the U.S. and is not available for purchase.

“Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! lets everyone learn about how to draw and paint creatively, regardless of their current skill levels. And Crosswords Plus is a blast whether you’re a vocabulary enthusiast or just love solving word puzzles. Both of these new titles offer something for everyone, whether you consider yourself a traditional gamer or not.”

-Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So is this the NES Donkey Kong with the extra level from the arcade version added back in?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So is this the NES Donkey Kong with the extra level from the arcade version added back in?

Via Wikipedia
    Two different ports of Donkey Kong have appeared on Virtual Console. The first, released in 2006, is based on the NES version, while the second, entitled Donkey Kong Original Edition, attempted to adhere to the arcade version, and was pre-installed for the European release of the Mario 25th Anniversary limited edition red Wii in 2010. This version restored some missing animations and the level 50M, which was cut from the NES version, although Donkey Kong mistakenly stands still in this level, and while the port's graphics are an improvement to the NES port, it is still inferior to the true arcade version, which remains unavailable on Virtual Console.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Gameboy Advance Games Finally Coming To Nintendo 3DS eShop?
    Nintendo Europe has apparently uploaded three Gameboy Advance games onto their press server. The games which have been uploaded are Super Mario Ball, Mario Golf: Advance Tour, and Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga. These box-arts could have been mistakenly put up early in preparation for the European Nintendo Direct presentation which is taking place on Thursday. We shouldn’t have to wait too long to find out.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    eSshop releases for this week

3DS Retail Downloads

Crosswords Plus (Nintendo, $29.99) — Crosswords Plus offers more than 1,000 professionally designed crossword puzzles at multiple skill levels to challenge all types of players. Use the stylus and touch screen to input your answers.

Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! (Nintendo, $29.99) — Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! offers art lessons and art-on-the-go for everyone. An in-game tutor walks you through step-by-step lessons as you explore art theory and concepts behind drawing and painting. Be sure to check out our review of the European version, which is confusingly called New Art Academy, just to be difficult.

3DS eShop

Pokémon Dream Radar (Nintendo) — Get ready for Pokémon Dream Radar, a Nintendo 3DS title coming to the Nintendo eShop on Oct. 7. Use various features of the Nintendo 3DS system, including the 3D camera and gyro sensor, to chase down hard-to-get Pokémon. You can also transfer the 2D Pokémon you catch into the Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 game for the Nintendo DS family of systems.

Cave Story (Nicalis, $9.99) — Cave Story takes you into a rare world where a curious race of innocent rabbit-like creatures, called Mimiga, run free. You wake up in a dark cave with no memory of who you are, where you came from or why you're in such a place. Uncovering Mimiga Village you discover that the once-carefree Mimiga are in danger at the hands of a maniacal scientist. Be sure to check out our Cave Story review, not that you really need telling how great it is.

Samurai G (UFO Interactive, $1.99) — As Tetsuo, you must collect as much of Tengu’s Gold as possible before the evil Warlord Fuma’s assassins do. Tengu’s Gold is rumored to possess the power of Tengu, the harbinger of war himself! Activate Golden Mode to harness the power of Tengu’s Gold and see why this power must not fall to the wrong hands! Defeat Fuma’s assassins and avoid deadly traps on your quest to becoming the Shining Samurai!

Dr. Mario (Nintendo, $3.99) — Join Dr. Mario for intense puzzle challenges. Mario throws multi-shaded vitamin capsules into a bottle that contains an ugly variety of nasty viruses. You can move, shift or spin the capsules as they fall. Arrange them to align with other capsules on top of a virus. If you can get four or more of the same shade in a row – poof! – they disappear. Destroy all of the viruses in the bottle to progress to the next round, where things get even more difficult. Why not have a read of our Dr. Mario review if you're unsure about downloading this one?

3DS eShop Demo

Style Savvy: Trendsetters Fashion Contest Demo (Nintendo) — Experience the excitement of a professional fashion contest in this fun downloadable demo. Create an outfit based on the contest theme, style your model's hair and makeup and send her down the runway. You'll be battling your in-game rivals for the fashion crown. May the hottest look win!

3DS eShop DLC

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) — All-new downloadable course packs that extend the coin-collecting fun of New Super Mario Bros. 2 are now available for purchase exclusively from within the game. Players' coin tallies are set to skyrocket as each new pack contains three new courses for Coin Rush Mode.

DSiWare

Academy: Chess Puzzles (Gamelion, $1.99) — Whether you're an advanced chess player or you've just started the adventure with this exciting game – you will spend hours finding solutions for 750 brain-twisting chess puzzles. Three difficulty modes: Easy, Medium, and Hard will keep you busy and achievements and extra skins for the chessboard and pieces keep you playing. Appealing, clear graphics and jazz music help you stay focused on solving the next puzzle. Two modes (Puzzle and Quiz) and intuitive stylus and button controls guarantee an enjoyable, addictive, and satisfying adventure with Academy: Chess Puzzles.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Never played Cave Story. Might finally pick it up.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    dr mario you say!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Wait, Dream Radar doesn't list a price, why is that? I thought it was going to cost money.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    dr mario you say!

You're better off getting the DSiWare release.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • DraguscloudDraguscloud Registered User regular
    dr mario you say!

What is wrong with this version?

dr mario you say!

What is wrong with this version?
    While the GB sounds are nostalgic, I don't see how anyone would prefer the black and white version to one that has color and more features.

This discussion has been closed.