As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The World Ends With You Will Stop Toying With Us S-E!

1234568»

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Dalantia wrote: »
    If the iPhone port is butchered, then I hope Square butchers all the DS games it ever makes. ALL OF THEM.

See, the thing is that you are happy, when you could be happy-comatose instead.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I really need to replay this... I totally forgot most of the story at this point. Well, except for
    Josh being magical Jesus
    The great thing about that is
    When I first started playing with him and unlocked his Magical Jesus Powers, I thought he was just sort of...queer. Sort of flamboyant, so you get lots of little cherubs and bright shiny lights flashing for your special! Sure! I thought it was pretty cool but didn't think much about it. And then he actually WAS magical Jesus. I was dumbfounded as to how I did not see it coming. It was all there, I just thought Japan was being Japanese once again.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    With all the talk in this thread I couldn't help but restart my DS version for another playthrough. It's been far too long since I saw Shiki's impossible midriff.

If anything, it makes me yearn for Bravely Default's localization - I miss the days of unique, innovative Square games.

• Options
    TDawg wrote: »
    I really need to replay this... I totally forgot most of the story at this point. Well, except for
    Josh being magical Jesus
    The great thing about that is
    When I first started playing with him and unlocked his Magical Jesus Powers, I thought he was just sort of...queer. Sort of flamboyant, so you get lots of little cherubs and bright shiny lights flashing for your special! Sure! I thought it was pretty cool but didn't think much about it. And then he actually WAS magical Jesus. I was dumbfounded as to how I did not see it coming. It was all there, I just thought Japan was being Japanese once again.

I figured it was just what math does. Obviously.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Too Zetta Seraphim!

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    With all the talk in this thread I couldn't help but restart my DS version for another playthrough. It's been far too long since I saw Shiki's impossible midriff.

If anything, it makes me yearn for Bravely Default's localization - I miss the days of unique, innovative Square games.

I'm in the same boat. I barely recalled the plot, so it was a fun run through, and I'm collecting the secret reports now. I'd try to 100% things, but pin evolution outside of battle PP is incredibly annoying. Though apparently I can setup the wii to broadcast DS demos to cheat the mingle PP a bit, so I might get sucked in after all. It's just such a great environment to play around in.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Getting Mingle PP is probably.. going to be impossible.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Mingle PP is not hard to get. Just present the DS with any wifi signal.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Dalantia was probably talking about the iOS.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    AngryPossum was talking about the DS version, so I assumed he was replying to that ;P

How does Mingle PP even work on the iOS version? I wouldn't think iPhone/Pad had that capability (or at least, you don't really want to leave your device wifi active which probably drains the shit out of the battery)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I hear it doesn't get Alien encounters, either.

One of my favorite parts of TWEWY's story was beating it, and then earning the Secret Reports, and through them, learning just how much bigger the supernatural world is than the main characters saw.
    I mean, Beat was talking about taking over the Composer's job. He had no idea just how far out of his depth he was. I mean, Neku never even finds out about Angels at all

I mean, talk about a frog croaking in a small pond, yeah? I really hope a sequel shows us more of what lies beyond.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    So I've been putting off buying TWEWY on DS, and then I heard it was out of print, panicked and purchased it on Amazon for $20. Is this one of those game experiences that I should just bump to the front of the queue because it's so wonderful?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    So I've been putting off buying TWEWY on DS, and then I heard it was out of print, panicked and purchased it on Amazon for $20. Is this one of those game experiences that I should just bump to the front of the queue because it's so wonderful?

In short, yes. It's full of wonderful new game systems and interesting spins on classics, has a great postgame, highly adjustable difficulty and a story that regularly pokes fun at FF tropes. The combat takes some getting used to, but it's very satisfying when it clicks.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    AngryPossum was talking about the DS version, so I assumed he was replying to that ;P

How does Mingle PP even work on the iOS version? I wouldn't think iPhone/Pad had that capability (or at least, you don't really want to leave your device wifi active which probably drains the shit out of the battery)

Considering I've been the critter saying "WOOO IOS" the whole thread, I would think it'd be obvious which I had. Sorry about that. >_>

Apparently when you kick on Mingle, it searches for other devices via Bluetooth.

...if it doesn't find someone, it doesn't do anything, and eventually decides to say "welp, this is busted".

So no Mingle PP for me.

Dalantia on
    steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    I've never gotten that to work.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    You can trick the DS by having a Wii and setting it up to send you a DS demo via the Shop channel. The Mingle Mode will read that as a "civvie".

Aliens are always an option, though.

• Options
    Ah. An obvious in hindsight kind of thing.