As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Madden NFL 13] Broshaming is not cool, bro.

• Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    I already play against a HUMAN. The dolphins coach should add me so we can set something up. I've yet to actually play this, should we be rotating in our bench for these games to develop them?

Hey Man I'm the dolphins and I think I accidently simmed our game because it was pre-season and I was getting a wonky 'please wait' error, likely because it was waiting for a human player. Oopsie doodle.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    I already play against a HUMAN. The dolphins coach should add me so we can set something up. I've yet to actually play this, should we be rotating in our bench for these games to develop them?

Hey Man I'm the dolphins and I think I accidently simmed our game because it was pre-season and I was getting a wonky 'please wait' error, likely because it was waiting for a human player. Oopsie doodle.

I believe you can still play it if you both get on at the same time

• Options

I'm around most of the day today. HMU when you're free to play.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I'll see if you are around when I get home from work, about 5:30-6 cst

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Saw this over in the SE++ footballs thread.

I'll be joining the 360 league later tonight.

Gamertag is MaximumJ49, but I'll shoot you a PM after I sign up.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm in. Tag is RAIJINQ

This is my first post in G&T in god knows how long...

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    If anyone wants to get a quick game at like 7-8, PM me

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So how exactly does this work? I've never done an online season.

• Options
    BathTubbBathTubb Registered User regular
    I joined the PS3 league as the new head coach of the Packers. @Tiger Burning my psn id is dazangeddoe.

Steam-BathTubb Xbox Live - Bathtubb
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So how exactly does this work? I've never done an online season.

It just intersperses human vs. cpu and human vs. human games, depending on how many users there are in the league and it goes by the real NFL schedule. Guess we're doing preseason as well (don't remember if that was included in last years online franchise or not)

The commish would set a timeline for everyone to finish their week 1 game by, after that it's advanced to week 2 and so on.

Think I'm picking the Cowboys, so week 1 you'd play against me. If no users have your week 2 opponent you'd play the cpu.

Maximum on
  • Options
    How long are we waiting for people to sign up to start?

• Options
    Updated the second post, but who has the Pippinsmoke gamertag?

League is looking like there will be some good contentions for both AFC and NFC titles with a couple teams in the same division as well. I also did some poking around, and it turns out I can set players as away so if someone does mysterious stop playing all hope is not lost

• Options
    edited September 2012
    First advance will be sunday, but if people want I can move that up to Thursday if there are no objections.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Just glad I switched to 360 this year so I don't have to play Tiger ever again.

Think he only beat me by about 70 points in our aborted* PS3 league last year.

*(which was my fault since my house was robbed and PS3 was stolen)

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I already played my game so Thursday is fine with me haha

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    If everyone that is signed up to the league gets their game played by thursday and marks themselves as ready, and I don't get any objections from anyone joining late (PM me if you do!), then I'll advance it on Thursday and get the ball rolling.

• Options
    I'll play mine here in a bit.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Hmmm... I decided in the PS3 league to play as the current Chiefs HC. Is it possible to switch and start as brand new HC? I think that would be more interesting.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    try dropping then rejoining?

• Options
    I signed up as NYJ and someone already stole Tebow from me.

Is there a transaction record anywhere?

I don't really care about losing him, just wondering what I got back. Was it straight up for Matt Moore?

Oh, and I signed Chad Johnson off the FA pool. Comeback player of the year.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    My copy should get here tomorrow, so I'll sign up and play my game after work tomorrow. I hope nobody takes my Packers before then! :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Oh man, I don't want to have to run and try to snag all the cheap players from other teams before other people doooo

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, lets try and not cheat the system by abusing the idiotic AI.

Not a hard rule or anything, but don't be a dick ;-)

• Options
    I signed a couple FA (a fullback and a RT), i figured i would try holding off on trades until everyone has signed up. Mostly because i know i wouldnt be as good at dealing with CPU AI as more experienced players, though.

Steam
  • Options
    I have 0 knowledge about trades and FA's. I always just let the CPU handle the offseason/trade stuff when I play Madden :rotate:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Howdy, Pippin Smoke is a buddy of mine from Chicago. We started our own league but figured it'd be more fun with other folks.

Additionally, I didn't sign tooo many cheap players, but I did trade for Tebow / sign Chad Johnson.

• Options
    How did you sign Chad? I signed Chad.

Unless he has a twin that I'm unaware of.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I haven't done any trades with the cpu guys yet, but I was kinda eyeballing some

are we saying it's okay to just go ahead with them? Not planning on anything exploitative

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I made two trades last night.

73 WR for New Orleans 72 back up TE
    73 LE for Clevelands 70 back up FS

I was just trying to add some depth in spots that I have absolutely none. I don't plan on making anymore, my team is pretty much where I want it at this point.

• Options
    Meekin, any chance you'll be around at 6 cst or so for our preseason game?

Steam
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    Yessir.

We really need a FB page so we can manage this. if you go on the Madden Connected Career's page you can set up a FB fan Page.

easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-careers/home

How would organizing games on FB be easier than organizing them on this thread/PMs?

Edit: I don't know what a fan page entails exactly. I guess i meant: what additional features do we gain from it?

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    well the main thing about having it linked to a FB is that you can post there and recieve notifications directly to your FB. I don't know if some people here don't have FB, But I figured it'd be easier to get in contact with people that way simply because most people tend to "sit" on FB in their down time, instead of having to log into a forum, PM a guy, wait for a response, and so on. Maybe it's just personal preference.

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    While I certainly encourage anything anyone wants to do to make scheduling games easier, the problem with Facebook is that not everybody uses it, and some people have good reasons for not using it. I use it, but i'm pretty selective about what I link to, and try to keep it free of game and gaming related stuff.

That being said, of some subset of ps3 leaguers want to set one up, I have no objection.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    KathelganKathelgan Registered User regular
    Can I join up as the bucs on the 360? Gamertag is Ken0823.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    yeah I wont be using facebook, sorry. You can get those same notifications about posts in this thread (click the little orange flag at the top of the thread) or PMs by setting the forums to email you when you receive forum Notifications. I've even got madden set to text my phone when a new player joins the leage, all members but me are ready, and a couple other things as well.

And @ANTVGM64, if your buddy wants to be part of the league thats cool, but have him also join PA and participate in the thread. I feel that being a member of PA is pretty integral to doing shit with this community.

Edit: Absolutely! NFC South needs some representation anyway. So does AFC North and South

Veevee on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there is no chance of me plugging this into my facebook

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    League joined (360). Didnt see anything in the thread from beta angel, so i took the Packers. I apologize if that was a dick move.

Lost my preseason game in OT cause i didnt know how to make my guys hurry up and spike the ball =\

Also, where do i check team injuries? I think Jarrett Bush broke his collar bone...

Edit: found it

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    Kathelgan wrote: »
    Can I join up as the bucs on the 360? Gamertag is Ken0823.

I'm already coaching the bucs. I guess i can move over to the Jags if it makes the difference on whether you join the league or not. Let me know.

Steam
  • Options
    Now I feel foolish :oops:

Didn't have TB marked as taken, but it is fixed. If everyone could check the second post and make sure all the info is correct that would be great.