Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Music Pen-Pals! [Spotify/Last.FM/Groove Shark/MOG] Music sharing that's legal AND fun!

2»

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Genres have become maddening, which is one of the reasons I have trouble finding music half the time. I mean, when I was using Pandora I would make a station for The Strokes, and they'd be like "cool, heres M.I.A's paper planes." How are they similar? HOW?

The ever encompassing label alternative, for instance, does not really help me find music. That's why I've made so many damn H/A music threads.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt DON'T call me annie... unless you're my friendRegistered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »
    Genres have become maddening, which is one of the reasons I have trouble finding music half the time. I mean, when I was using Pandora I would make a station for The Strokes, and they'd be like "cool, heres M.I.A's paper planes." How are they similar? HOW?

The ever encompassing label alternative, for instance, does not really help me find music. That's why I've made so many damn H/A music threads.

Oy, Pandora is terrible about dealing with the popular-but-more-unique stuff like Paper Planes. I think it just throws it into any station past a certain point. Same with Gotye.

For discovering new stuff, I've actually been getting a lot of mileage lately by just checking out the "similar artists" (or whatever that section is called) in Spotify

• MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I've occasionally had the 'similar artists' thing to be a lot like pandora where it takes an aspect of the bands that's similar, but it's never the aspect that makes me like that kind of music.

Somewhere on Pandora when it's playing a song will tell you what it's like that made them think it should be on that playlist.

Also I want to second the love of the Ska/Punk playlist.

Magell on
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    This thread has disappeared from the front page and that makes me sad. I will resurrect it with a playlist in reference to the New Girl season finale and people who love 90s music especially stuff from around 96.

http://open.spotify.com/user/magell2/playlist/5r3yuyUUUWB8n8BiKxMv7T

Magell on
2»