As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]The new thread is not innovative. It is however FUCKING AMAZING.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    So low level warriors are pretty hilarious.

103.jpg

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    The harpies in this game are hilarious.

I almost die laughing every time I encounter one.

"die, groundling!"

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    I would treat those legendaries with a lot of skepticism. Check out the model for the legendary shield.

http://www.gw2db.com/items/1693-flame-seeker-prophices

Mother of god. That has to be a placeholder....

Have you seen the legendary GS's? they look like world ending beauties. that shield..... its a peasants shield.

Yeah, I should have rephrased, treat the data mined legendaries with skepticism. I'm sure Anet will deliver based on the two greatswords we've seen.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    No need to buy them, Gw2 will feature consistent free content updates and in-game events going forward. Our goal is to make it so you get more from Gw2 for free than you get from a game you pay a subscription for.
    On top of a large amount of free bonus content, we will be expanding on offerings in the Black Lion Trading Company going forward, as well as be doing large-scale expansion content down the road.
    We’ll cover a lot of the details on the kind of support and plans we have in place over the next month or so on the Gw2 blog and with our press partners.
    We do appreciate that you’d like to buy lots of new content, but we’d prefer to give a lot of it to you for free, cause that’s what we think a responsible MMO company does!

<3<3<3 ANet <3<3<3

theres not enough <3 to show our gratitude.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    No need to buy them, Gw2 will feature consistent free content updates and in-game events going forward. Our goal is to make it so you get more from Gw2 for free than you get from a game you pay a subscription for.
    On top of a large amount of free bonus content, we will be expanding on offerings in the Black Lion Trading Company going forward, as well as be doing large-scale expansion content down the road.
    We’ll cover a lot of the details on the kind of support and plans we have in place over the next month or so on the Gw2 blog and with our press partners.
    We do appreciate that you’d like to buy lots of new content, but we’d prefer to give a lot of it to you for free, cause that’s what we think a responsible MMO company does!

<3<3<3 ANet <3<3<3

theres not enough <3 to show our gratitude.

hmm i wonder if expansions will be available in the gem store, effectively making them buyable entirely with ingame money?

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

<3<3<3 ANet <3<3<3

Sometimes I read things from them expecting them to at least joke about something like "but we DO like money, I swear."

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

103.jpg

Proof we are to ArenaNet what the Horde was to Metzen and Blizzard; the master race.

ArenaNet has a few of these though, it's not just reserved for a single totem of reverence; the thief, the mesmer (kinda), the necromancer who lives for days. The asura animations being the most satisfying and the deepest in their complexity. The fact the charr have tanks. The quaggan being in virtually every zone in the game. Dredge communism and all the delightful puns. The list goes on.

488W936.png
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Rally the cupcakes and call the bakers. We go to war snackytown at dawn!

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

103.jpg

Proof we are to ArenaNet what the Horde was to Metzen and Blizzard; the master race.

ArenaNet has a few of these though, it's not just reserved for a single totem of reverence; the thief, the mesmer (kinda), the necromancer who lives for days. The asura animations being the most satisfying and the deepest in their complexity. The fact the charr have tanks. The quaggan being in virtually every zone in the game. Dredge communism and all the delightful puns. The list goes on.

That begs the question... what does arenanet hate? Other than my social life.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

103.jpg

Ascalon. They really, really, really dislike Ascalon.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular

103.jpg

Humans, mostly, judging by the lore.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    We do appreciate that you’d like to buy lots of new content, but we’d prefer to give a lot of it to you for free, cause that’s what we think a responsible MMO company MMO company that is swimming in money wearing money hats while wiping our butts with money does!

Fixed.

I kid because I love.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

103.jpg

Necromancers, judging by how boring they are.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    reVerse, based on how much fun he hates.
    I don't think Necromancers are fun

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Haters

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I just stuffed 5 level 75+ traveller's blues/greens in the guild bank. May not be much, but I hope it'll help some one.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I roll a Necromancer or equivalent in every MMO.

Except this one. Cause they are dull as fuck.

Go Mesmer!

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Soooo...holy crap... I don't want to spoil it too much, but by Arah (Meddler's Waypoint), there's a certain someone...
    Someone who feels a little rejected...
    Someone who didn't quite make the cut...
    Someone who will sing a little tune for you if you ask...

I had a good laugh when I came across that certain someone.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    Also, can anyone tell me the ways one acquires transmutation stones in this game?

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    reVerse, based on how much fun he hates.
    I don't think Necromancers are fun

How long have you played it? It's my favorite class, but I was not enthused during the beta weekends. Proper skill usage has a lot to do with it, because the pets are deeply unsatisfying, but the combination of damage, utility, and toughness is really fun mechanically, and the flavor is fun.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I came up with two "titles" today

what do you mean?

Well following @caedere 's formula for great asura names, I realized that I am going to make my necromancer not a sylvari, but rather an asura

and also repeat that for ranger

I have the best titles for the two of them

For the necromancer- "Pathologist"

for the ranger - "Naturalist"

and then every character I had besides my warrior was an asura

• Options
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Also, can anyone tell me the ways one acquires transmutation stones in this game?

I've gotten them from either daily quest rewards, or zone completions, or both. Unfortunately I have a ton of the 79 or lower ones and a lesser amount of the level 80 ones. I foresee myself ending up having to spend gems to get more of the level 80 ones based on how many I have so far.

• Options
    Joshmvii wrote: »

I've gotten them from either daily quest rewards, or zone completions, or both. Unfortunately I have a ton of the 79 or lower ones and a lesser amount of the level 80 ones. I foresee myself ending up having to spend gems to get more of the level 80 ones based on how many I have so far.

I have only ever gotten the level 80 ones, which is odd, because I got them for doing low-level quests or whatever

I am hoarding them like precious treasures even though I want to use them on low level equipment

• Options
    VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    A big suggestion for those having draw lag when being zerged. The game doesn't exactly pre-load every texture in the game into your video card/RAM and has to pull from your hard drive. I run the game with two raided SSD's and even though my video card is an older 260GTX, I have never had any problems with draw distance in WvW, even during zergs things a smooth as butter. If you're on a laptop with a slower 5400 RPM drive this could really be more the issue then cpu/video card speed.

You don't need the SSD's raided, I just did it since I got a good deal on two at the time and like ludicrous speed. One SSD will likely improve game performance a lot for you and they are dropping in price so a 64GB one might be affordable.

Vechloran.png
  • Options
    Is there no way to get them except through random chance or gems then?

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Velmeran wrote: »
    A big suggestion for those having draw lag when being zerged. The game doesn't exactly pre-load every texture in the game into your video card/RAM and has to pull from your hard drive. I run the game with two raided SSD's and even though my video card is an older 260GTX, I have never had any problems with draw distance in WvW, even during zergs things a smooth as butter. If you're on a laptop with a slower 5400 RPM drive this could really be more the issue then cpu/video card speed.

You don't need the SSD's raided, I just did it since I got a good deal on two at the time and like ludicrous speed. One SSD will likely improve game performance a lot for you and they are dropping in price so a 64GB one might be affordable.

Hrm. I run an SSD and a HDD, with GW2 on the HDD. I might move it over though, with this in mind.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Is there no way to get them except through random chance or gems then?

Correct but just turn coin into gems its super inexpensive

Just like any other merchant item but with an annoying extra step but they get delivered by mail from anywhere :)

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    steejee wrote: »
    Soooo...holy crap... I don't want to spoil it too much, but by Arah (Meddler's Waypoint), there's a certain someone...
    Someone who feels a little rejected...
    Someone who didn't quite make the cut...
    Someone who will sing a little tune for you if you ask...

I had a good laugh when I came across that certain someone.
    Similarly, after you've completed Arah once...
    No really, spoiler
    Especially if you've played GW1, spoiler
    I5fzc.jpg

Also, you get to see Twilight and Sunrise in action during the meta-event to clear the path to Arah. The particle effects are amazing.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I assume Arah is getting major fixage at some point, I look forward to redoing it after that

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I want to play a Mesmer but they seem to suck five kinds of asshole in PvE. Anyone else experience this?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    shatter more

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ledneh wrote: »
    I want to play a Mesmer but they seem to suck five kinds of asshole in PvE. Anyone else experience this?

they sucked til i got the level 40 trait that made a clone on dodge, now it's my favorite

• Options
    kite all the things! I just destroyed a destroyer queen withing taking a single hit

• Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Why does no one save Apatia? Every level 80 screenshot I've seen the user was still on that quest.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    eeSanG wrote: »
    Why does no one save Apatia? Every level 80 screenshot I've seen the user was still on that quest.

the quest before that one was bugged as hell, and on top of that put me on that storyline despite me not being part of that arc beforehand

i'm guessing people got frustrated with the story at that point

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Mesmer can be really annoying at times, wondering 'Oh god everyone else just comes up and instantly rapes everything and it takes me like three times longer to set it up', then you do a huge shatter nuking an entire squad, or kite a vet/champ, or something else absurd and you just feel like a god.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So Mesmers work three times as hard for the same payout? That doesn't seem very balanced to me.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So Mesmers work three times as hard for the same payout? That doesn't seem very balanced to me.
    it isn't. at low levels they're bad.

once you get traits, they are on par with everyone else, and also wicked fun to play

if you're going to have an alt you level through crafting, make it a mesmer

unintentional on
  • Options
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bitfrost

is that recipe accurate or based on beta info?

This discussion has been closed.