As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]The new thread is not innovative. It is however FUCKING AMAZING.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    These people are crazy.

I never had any issues with low-level Mesmers. Maybe if y'all are running around solo with only Greatswords or something. I've been tearing through shit since the first level (fyi, get your hands on a sword for MH)

Also, you are gonna need to either Kite a bit (just in a circle is fine) or dodge alot or the like. You are a low-health cloth wearer. You gonna need to be slippery.

The only thing I've noticed with low level Mesmer is shatters just aren't that interesting or that great without support from Traits. But the class does perfectly fine in PvE.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    well yeah you can still DO stuff but it's like playing a class with none of it's special abilities, which is worse than all the other ones at low level

and definitely agreed on the one hand sword recommendation, greatsword is trash right now imo

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I am running a murder squad right now (10-15 brave souls). Its the last night of 24 hour matchups... this is the last night of practice.

Come and get your wuvwuv on with the murder squad.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    well yeah you can still DO stuff but it's like playing a class with none of it's special abilities, which is worse than all the other ones at low level

and definitely agreed on the one hand sword recommendation, greatsword is trash right now imo

Nah, I don't buy this shit either.

I never felt gimped compared to other classes playing Mesmer.

Hell, it was the other way around for me. Playing a class in melee without all the active mitigation of a Mesmer felt like playing a paper-bag.

• Options
    okay

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My HoM things worked! yay. Victory for logging back into GW1 to fix it.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Hmmmm...the Digital Deluxe Edition (and only the DDE) is in stock at Green Man Gaming, using the 25% off coupon it comes down to 60 bucks. I am very tempted.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I have officially spent $100.00 on dyes.

I have a problem.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Of your own, or through buying gems with ingame money?

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular

I like Greatsword + Sword/Pistol at 80. Greatsword + Staff might be my Orr event setup though.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Of your own, or through buying gems with ingame money?

Please say the latter. Please.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Okay so a warrior with a hammer is basically a stun locking machine! Why I do not see this more often in PvP is beyond me.

Seriously, I watched my warrior buddy go to town on people. In a 1v1 fight his enemy can usually only get off 4-8 (depends on the enemy's class) attacks before they are killed. Pure madness!

edit- this is in sPvP by the way. WuvWuv is a totally different beast.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Nope, real money.

I still do not have celestial dye. :(

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh god the metrica province jumping puzzle. This is heinous and cruel.

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Nope, real money.

This is where I'm sure a lot of people would say "WTF?!".... I, on the other hand, will say, "It's your money."

Honestly, as long as my bills are paid for and money is getting sent to retirement and active savings, any extra cash left over is fair game... And usually spent on fair good games.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    Nope, real money.

This is where I'm sure a lot of people would say "WTF?!".... I, on the other hand, will say, "It's your money."

Honestly, as long as my bills are paid for and money is getting sent to retirement and active savings, any extra cash left over is fair game... And usually spent on fair good games.

Hey, somebody's gotta make sure there's still no monthly fees :P

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    I'm sure ANet is already making $$$ off the cosmetic stuff in the cash shop.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    Nope, real money.

Hey, somebody's gotta make sure there's still no monthly fees :P

It's a hundred real world dollars on virtual colors. I'm not saying its a negative attribute to the person who bought it, I am saying that is is completely reasonable and valid to go with the "WTF" option.

This "Hey, it's a sub free MMO, so that gives AN merit to do what they please" attitude is bullshit. I'm tired of finding a problem and people saying "It's a sub free MMO" I bought the fucker for $60, I can complain as I please.

Ps: Don't say "No one has said that before" because they have.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Other than wuvwuv, what PvP options do I have as a non-80? The wuvwuv queue is taking forever to pop, and I want to pvp.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Other than wuvwuv, what PvP options do I have as a non-80? The wuvwuv queue is taking forever to pop, and I want to pvp.

sPvP is the PvP option. Hero pane, bottom choice, Enter the Mists.

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    GnomeTank wrote: »

If you go to structured PvP (PvP tab of your hero's tab), you get scaled to 80, but instead of getting exp like you do in wuvwuv, you get glory that is used to get better looking gear. Instead of gaining levels from experience, you get ranks from earning glory in your matches.

Much similar to structured PvP, you also have Keg Brawl, which is an activity in Hoelbrak that works similar to regular structured matches, but instead of killing your opponent you score points for your team. You should be able to earn glory there for sPvP if you want an alternative way of earning ranks.

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Holy shit, just did SE story for the first time... (we skipped a lot of dungeons) The last boss might be the greatest fight ever.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    So this is something my girlfriend and I have been curious about. Has Anet ever made any mention player housing? I'm sure it won't be anything like the housing that SWG did but we both find that mechanic in MMO's pretty entertaining.

• Options
    ahahahaha i'm at the boss of one of the twilight arbor explorables and holy shit twilight arbor explorable has the most bullshit beginning

i hope you like getting poisoned

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Okay so a warrior with a hammer is basically a stun locking machine! Why I do not see this more often in PvP is beyond me.

Seriously, I watched my warrior buddy go to town on people. In a 1v1 fight his enemy can usually only get off 4-8 (depends on the enemy's class) attacks before they are killed. Pure madness!

Builds like that are very strong, though countered pretty well by stability, since the build trades in damage for all the control. I think warrior hammer and mace are both awesome weapons though.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Man, my login is getting hammered with hackers trying to get in. 8 times in about an hour last week.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I have officially spent $100.00 on dyes.

I have a problem.

i have not spent so much

on dyes

daddy needs his 8 character slots

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Also, @Goumindong I summon thee

A question for you. In a tourname
    ahahahaha i'm at the boss of one of the twilight arbor explorables and holy shit twilight arbor explorable has the most bullshit beginning

i hope you like getting poisoned

SO MUCH HATE

• Options
    we got to Fyonna, the Countess of Spiders, and then gave up because it is not doable

• Options
    we got to Fyonna, the Countess of Spiders, and then gave up because it is not doable

Which one was she?

I am disbelieving since literally the poison wurm is the hardest fight in the history of gaming, and thus, that whole dungeon.

• Options
    GodofalluGodofallu Oshkosh, WIRegistered User regular

If you were a warrior you would realize pretty quickly why so few people like it. It attacks slowly AND for little damage. Its burst skill which is the leaping aoe kd does like no damage and refilling adrenaline with a very slow weapon is a pain. Did i mention the lack of a real gap closer or finishing move?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rend wrote: »

Which one was she?

I am disbelieving since literally the poison wurm is the hardest fight in the history of gaming, and thus, that whole dungeon.

two bosses later, with the "up" route

• Options

Which one was she?

There's a strategy where you kite her into the cave and DO NOT MOVE FROM IT FOR ANY REASON

• Options

Which one was she?

There's a strategy where you kite her into the cave and DO NOT MOVE FROM IT FOR ANY REASON

she has a pull that is also a one-shot, so, what

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    yea fuck that explorable place

those poison flower cloud making things are stupid

• Options

Which one was she?

she has a pull that is also a one-shot, so, what

I dunno man, but that boss was a non-issue when I tried it. They said "dont leave the cave ever" so I assume that the people that actually got pulled (i didnt) either dodged or she didnt use it.

• Options
    Caelum MilitisCaelum Militis Registered User regular
    Howdy folks! Could I get an invite to the Candymancers? Loving the game, would love it more hanging out with some awesome folks =)

Dulkred.3157 is me

~Unyielding resolve has no conquerer~
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    Godofallu wrote: »

If you were a warrior you would realize pretty quickly why so few people like it. It attacks slowly AND for little damage. Its burst skill which is the leaping aoe kd does like no damage and refilling adrenaline with a very slow weapon is a pain. Did i mention the lack of a real gap closer or finishing move?

I've been running a hammer and dual mace build in PVE and have a few tips to mitigate some of the most obvious faults. I use bull's rush for a gap closer, it adds another knowdown and once you have some adrenaline the hammer burst is a good alternative. Also trait for something to get adrenaline since hammers and maces are both slow and have no multi hit abilities, I'm using the shouts grant adrenaline trait and it can fill up half your bar with just two shouts.

It's a fun build but it has definite drawbacks.

• Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Twilight Arbor Explorer is best done Forward then Up. This goes Wurm, hulk, BEES, mesmer, Fyonna. Wurm is the hardest boss when done this way with the hulk and mesmer being pretty easy. Fyonna as the last boss is incredibly easy as you just stand by the exit and hit the tree with only ranged, no melee or pets. This way you only aggro 1/4th the spiders in the room and outrange all of the tree's damage.

Literally the only encounter that is difficult on this path is the Wurm.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
This discussion has been closed.