As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]The new thread is not innovative. It is however FUCKING AMAZING.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Oh god the metrica province jumping puzzle. This is heinous and cruel.

I thought this.

And then someone tonight in Candymancers showed me a certain thing involving Griffins, a Bomb, and a Chest.* I have now seen the face of Hell.

* That can be made moderately easier by being a Mesmer but NOT THE POINT!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    I am running a murder squad right now (10-15 brave souls). Its the last night of 24 hour matchups... this is the last night of practice.

Come and get your wuvwuv on with the murder squad.
    I was Old Claw by the way, the Charr ranger following you guys.

I was listening in on Teamspeak. Wasn't using my mic at the time though.

Good times.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    SEE HOW MUCH THEY HATE NECROMANCERS

NOTHING IN THIS PATCH FOR THEM

WHY YOU HATE ARENANOT

oh and thief nerf pfffft

• HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    So I've tried WvWvW on my elementalist a bit now and I'm not really happy with it. My D/D build isn't all that good at zerging. Switching to staff manually is a pain and doesn't really work with my traits anyway.

So I'm going to use a different character for WvWvW. I want a class that can go from long range aoe zerg combat to something that can handle a smaller group fight or one on one with just a weapon swap. Right now I'm thinking Ranger maybe? Necro? But I'm really not sure, so, any suggestions?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Castle lord, bodyguards, and capture point for Stonemist Castle moved to the first floor.

An... acceptable response to the arrow cart problem.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My cat just peed on my bed.

So uh, guess I'm staying up for 2 more hours to wash my sheets.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Cats: nature's Snooki.

• xgalaxyxgalaxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Ledneh wrote: »
    I want to play a Mesmer but they seem to suck five kinds of asshole in PvE. Anyone else experience this?

Staff
    Sword/Focus

Get mirror images.

Using staff open up with #2 and keep using #2 as available.
    For harder mobs bring in #3.

Pop mirror images and #2 to instantly have 3 illusions out, and watch as conditions stack up on a mob.

Switch to sword and use #2 for invulnerability.
    Use Focus #4 to get around faster.

And most import of all:
    Use staff #5 for defense. Not offense. Chaos storm your illusions, not the mob. And watch in awe as your illusions go from being one hit to becoming unstoppable tanks.

Mesmer is easy to play lower levels like this.

xgalaxy on
    GW2: Rancid Cupcake (Necro), Ranch Dressing (Ranger)
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Speaking of Mesmers.

If you're fighting one in PvP do yourself a favor and Call Target on them (Ctrl+T, though I mapped it to Ctrl). It places a bigass red target above their head making it laughably easy to keep track of where they are no matter what they do and if you somehow loose track of them just hit T and it will instantly target them no matter where they are.

Not sure if that is a bug or working as intended.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    You sonofagoose!

Oh I can't blame you. I run around like a madman instead of standing perfectly still auto attacking like the other 3 of me

initiatefailure on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    You sonofagoose!

Oh I can't blame you. I run around like a madman instead of standing perfectly still auto attacking like the other 3 of me

Under normal circumstances when I am fighting a Mesmer and they make all those copies I suddenly find myself targeting one of the fakes and have to re-target the dude running around. However, with the Call Target deal I never loose the target on the real Mesmer even when they make their copies. Call Target always keeps me, well, on target. :P

Which is the part about Call Target that I think might be bugged. I am unsure.

ie: If I am using a channeled ability on a Mesmer and they make their copies, with Call Target my character will instantly turn to where the real Mesmer is and continue the attack without missing a beat.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Speaking of Mesmers.

If you're fighting one in PvP do yourself a favor and Call Target on them (Ctrl+T, though I mapped it to Ctrl). It places a bigass red target above their head making it laughably easy to keep track of where they are no matter what they do and if you somehow loose track of them just hit T and it will instantly target them no matter where they are.

The target does drop if they stealth, though.

I use Call Target against enemy mesmers, lesser mesmers, who can't stealth. Meanwhile, not only can I stealth, but I can vanish away in a portal, leaving enemies thinking I stealthed... which means that they end up spamming attacks in an effort to hit me.

Attacks that they spam while they have 7+ stacks of Confusion on them.

I tend to win those fights. :lol:

FWnykYl.jpg
  • eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    eeSanG wrote: »
    Twilight Arbor Explorer is best done Forward then Up. This goes Wurm, hulk, BEES, mesmer, Fyonna. Wurm is the hardest boss when done this way with the hulk and mesmer being pretty easy. Fyonna as the last boss is incredibly easy as you just stand by the exit and hit the tree with only ranged, no melee or pets. This way you only aggro 1/4th the spiders in the room and outrange all of the tree's damage.

Literally the only encounter that is difficult on this path is the Wurm.

Now that I actually remember how the dungeon works.

Going "Forward, Up" in Explorer Twilight Arbor:
    First boss is the usual Wurm boss. A challenging encounter but is actually the most difficult boss on this path.
    - First must deal with 6 Veteran Wurms that spawns solo, solo, pair, pair. They have no damaging melee attack but have a devastating AoE spit attack. I always tell everyone to stand on top of them when only 1 Wurm is alive. They do have a melee AoE knockdown but it doesn't do noticeable damage, the real threat is them knocking you into Volatile Blossoms.
    - Boss is just a bigger Wurm. More health, more damage, spit is scary, no real melee. At around 75% and 50% health he will spawn a Veteran Wurm. Kill it before resuming damage on boss. At 25% health he will spawn 2 Veteran Wurms. We just race down the boss at that point since all living Wurms despawn when he dies.
    - Biggest threat is the constantly spawning Volatile Blossoms. Watch out for them as they'll most likely be the reason anyone dies.
    - Killing a Volatile Blossom while down will Rally you.

Second boss is Vevina's minion, The Defiler.
    - Ranged attack and starts with 2 ranged Veteran minions of the same type. Kill the minions first.
    - Doesn't do noticeable damage except for Locust Swarm, which is removed by roll dodging. Just look at your debuffs.
    - Some Volatile Blossoms are in the area but are pretty easily avoidable.

BEES ENCOUNTER. Fun frogger event that will easily kill you if you're impatient. Running past the dog packs into Vevina's entrance will turn off the event and allow your party to just walk through.

Third boss is Vevina, a mesmer boss.
    - Ranged attack that Burns and starts with 2 ranged Veteran minions. Kill the minions first.
    - Drops Chaos Storm; don't stand in it.
    - Chaos Armor, is a bubble graphic. Do not hit her during it or you'll take a lot of Confusion damage.
    - Teleports around. Mildly annoying.

Final boss is Fyonna + Nightmare Tree.
    - Giant tree surrounded by many, many spider minions. Attack has about 600 range.
    - Have entire party sit at the exit path and shoot at it with ranged attacks from further than 600 range. Tree cannot hurt you.
    - Sitting at the exit afar means you will only aggro 1/4th of the spiders ever and they are easily dealt with. Kill any spiders that aggro.

If you can get past the Wurm boss, you can finish the run.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    Don't know if this has been posted before, but apparently there is a filter you can apply for crafting. (source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/zv5f1/i_never_knew_this_was_in_the_damn_game_crafting/) It will make the list a lot shorter and less cluttered.

• CondimentsCondiments Registered User regular
    You sonofagoose!

Under normal circumstances when I am fighting a Mesmer and they make all those copies I suddenly find myself targeting one of the fakes and have to re-target the dude running around. However, with the Call Target deal I never loose the target on the real Mesmer even when they make their copies. Call Target always keeps me, well, on target. :P

Which is the part about Call Target that I think might be bugged. I am unsure.

ie: If I am using a channeled ability on a Mesmer and they make their copies, with Call Target my character will instantly turn to where the real Mesmer is and continue the attack without missing a beat.

I think its bugged too. Its hilarious because it makes mesmer downstate kinda trivial. The mesmer player expects you to wade through all his clones desperately trying to find himself and is surprised when you casually waltz over and finish him with no fuss.

Also, as a thief fighting a mesmer, I don't even need call target because trick shot, cluster bomb, and choking gas take care of that for me. 8-)

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Speaking of Mesmers.

Pretty much 100% for sure a bug. Just like all the other things that made it easy to tell the Mesmer from his clones they've fixed.

shryke on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I roll a Necromancer or equivalent in every MMO.

Except this one. Cause they are dull as fuck.

Go Mesmer!

My necro is 65 and I'm going to see it through to the end. That being said, while I don't die, killing everything around me is dull dull dull while everyone else gets magic books and buttlerflies n shit.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Every time I read "Necromancers are booooriiiiiing" I get the urge to roll one just to see what the hell is up in that hizzle.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Basil wrote: »
    Every time I read "Necromancers are booooriiiiiing" I get the urge to roll one just to see what the hell is up in that hizzle.

They aren't but they are. While I'm dropping marks and making people explode into festering piles of rot and MAKE IT STOP it just looks like the other classes got the flashy toys. For me it's a "grass is greener" type thing.

speaking of classes people whine about, how are engineers holding up?

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I can only speak my impressions as a scrubby 18, but folks sure are bleating about the class, yeah. Some of the noises I agree with, as certain kits are difficult to use on account of not working 100% or simply being unwieldy to use. There's a bug list as long as my arm, too.

There are a lot of quirks to get used to, and players who don't have the patience for those quirks are getting pissed right off. I could wax poetic about my experiences getting the flamethrower to work correctly, for instance. It doesn't follow its animations, so using it feels a bit strange. Some folks simply refuse to use kits because they don't take stats from weapons into account.

I am looking forward to kits recalling autoshot settings, though. Arenanet's rep claims they're working on that. I'm gonna see if I can bind it to a single button on my keyboard or something, because it is hard to kite when I'm pausing to ctrl mouse 2 or just spamming 1 globally.

Still, there's something deeply satisfying about being able to swap out to some tool or ability that perfectly fits the situation and just going to town. Turrets have been a life saver in the story missions, since their peculiar threat generation makes them very reliable short term tanks.

I can hardly wait to get to try out the Elixer Gun. It seems like everything I want in a weapon kit. I'll probably take that and the Flamethrower and fwoosh splat my way to glory.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    So I made a suggestion in WvW last night when we were about to have out gate broken down in a tower and it allowed us to pull the texas switch on a group of Maguum that was much larger than us.

Basically, everyone waits next to the tower door and waits for the gate to be destroyed. Right as it does, everyone runs out the door as the zerg runs through the gate area. This effectively warps everyone outside and right behind the zerg thats running in.

We got many many kills, I think most of us rallied 4-5 times even. Once the guys going for the keep lord realized it all, they got thinned out to much and someone repaired the gate. So it held the keep until they got a bigger zerg later. It was most amusing though.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »

I love my 80 engineer, but it seriously needs some love. So many buggy things, turrets enjoy shooting the floor instead of the boss, pistols seem to miss as much as hit, flamethrower wants you to be close but misses when too close. And I'm having a really hard time actually getting a build that just works. Every fight I pretty much wish I had a different kit/elixer selected, or a different major trait etc, but it's really boring to be rushing to change them inbetween every single fight. I love the class, and won't leave it. But it does need some love. Doing Exp runs I feel like I'm not really as much of a help as my esteemed colleagues. I'm even now actually planning a build to try that doesn't put 30 points in to ANY trait line. If they want us to be a jack-of-all-trades, I'm going to try speccing as one.

steam_sig.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Badwrong wrote: »
    So I made a suggestion in WvW last night when we were about to have out gate broken down in a tower and it allowed us to pull the texas switch on a group of Maguum that was much larger than us.

Basically, everyone waits next to the tower door and waits for the gate to be destroyed. Right as it does, everyone runs out the door as the zerg runs through the gate area. This effectively warps everyone outside and right behind the zerg thats running in.

We got many many kills, I think most of us rallied 4-5 times even. Once the guys going for the keep lord realized it all, they got thinned out to much and someone repaired the gate. So it held the keep until they got a bigger zerg later. It was most amusing though.

It was inspired thinking. We split thier ranks and for every man that dropped we downed 2-5 of them in the scrum. Outnumbered badly- it was the trick we needed to break them.

We did it at least once more later to lesser effect, but it still worked well. We dubbed it defense move alpha. It Shall now be known as 'the badwrong technique'

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Kafka87 wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »

I love my 80 engineer, but it seriously needs some love. So many buggy things, turrets enjoy shooting the floor instead of the boss, pistols seem to miss as much as hit, flamethrower wants you to be close but misses when too close. And I'm having a really hard time actually getting a build that just works. Every fight I pretty much wish I had a different kit/elixer selected, or a different major trait etc, but it's really boring to be rushing to change them inbetween every single fight. I love the class, and won't leave it. But it does need some love. Doing Exp runs I feel like I'm not really as much of a help as my esteemed colleagues. I'm even now actually planning a build to try that doesn't put 30 points in to ANY trait line. If they want us to be a jack-of-all-trades, I'm going to try speccing as one.

*edit = Oh and now you've started me ranting, I've remembered more problems. So the turrets are stationary damagers, with a ridiculously long CD and NO MEANS OF TARGETTING. When I see other pet classes I want to cry. Your flesh golem travels with you? Jealous. My rocket turret (despite spending the last fight firing at the wall/floor/recently despawned objective and then manually picked up) is now on a 45 second CD! But never fear, I shall switch to Bomb kit for the next fight. Oh what's that? I have to be in melee? And I'm wearing medium armour? And the explosives trait line has no survivability stats in it? Ah. Oh well, at least the inventions trait line affects turrets. Oh, you mean they will only affect the rocket turret and healing turret? Brilliant. Thank god I have my rifle so I can just pew-pew from the back. Except the rifle is actually a shotgun. So I'm back in melee.

Just Eurgh. So much hate, and yet so much love.

*Edit 2 = Sorry for pressing quote instead of Edit.

Kafka87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I found the bugs in Orr annoying enough that I've started leveling up my elementalist a bit instead. I want to play it as some kind of lolololol Air nuker (which is what I did in GW), but for some reason all the gapclosers on D/D and fully charged Churning Earths draws me more towards that bit of the kit. Too much deliciousness! =(

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    I seem to be on a very small side of an argument concerning WvWvW. My knowledge is based on speculation, anecdotal evidence and what I think should be. Maybe some of you guys have some hard cold facts for me.

I'm talking about the level up system for WvWvW. I see lot's of people claiming they need to level to do WvWvW. That they get destroyed by "the level 80s" in WvWvW and so they take their level 30 back to PvE. My opinion is that if you believe you are dieing/losing in WvWvW because of your level and once you hit level 80 you will magically stop dieing and be able to kill people, then you are going to be sorely disappointed.

You're auto-leveled to level 80 in WvWvW.
    The stats you have are upped to normalize at level 80.

The difference between a level 30 and a level 80 in WvWvW will be a few things. They may have some extra stats on you from the secondary/tertiary stats from their armor that your armor won't have. They get a few more stat points from trait lines. They have a few more minor/major traits.

If the developers wanted to normalize everyone, and were smart (They seem pretty fucking smart from a lot of the other stuff I've seen), then they would take into account those secondary/tertiary stats on armor and at least the stat points from trait lines. I'd leave the minor/major traits though to give level 80s something though. Anyway, I would think they would take into account those advantages and normalize the lower level people with whatever formula they use to bring those stats as close as possible to a level 80 that has 3 stat armor, and full trait lines. Is this true though? I don't even know.

If you keep your armor up to your level, then you should be able to compete in WvWvW just fine. You aren't just going to disintegrate from the gaze of a level 80 as some people seem to believe. If someone blows you up seemingly instantly, they most likely would have done so no matter your level (Hasted Warrior/Thief is going to kill you so damn fast if you don't have an invuln).

Am I wrong here? I'm starting to ramble. Someone tell me I'm right. You shouldn't feel like you need to level to help out and compete in WvWvW. That's not the design intent of it.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    People who are whining about level in WvW probably just aren't very good.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Enig wrote: »
    People who are whining about level in WvW probably just aren't running with the NICE death squad

I fixed that for you. If you want wvwvw sucess you should get with us.

Any level as long as you have your weapon skills. You will lvl. You will make money. Just join us

Garasol was 30ish and was a great asset.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    Buddies wrote: »
    Am I wrong here? I'm starting to ramble. Someone tell me I'm right. You shouldn't feel like you need to level to help out and compete in WvWvW. That's not the design intent of it.

You are right, people who are not 80 should still WvW.

In small fights, non-level 80s will be less useful of course, since someone who is 80 and geared up will kill them pretty easy. But in big fights where they have that zerg buffer, they can be very useful.

I will say that as a guardian in full exotics, I am extremely overpowered against a non-80 and my build is shouts/survivability stuff. But then again, I feel like my guardian is pretty overpowered against geared 80s as well, even the burst warriors are rather laughable at times.

Overall though, people who aren't 80 should still WvW, no reason not to. Its great money, exp and fun. I do think they should stick closer to a larger group though, focus on supply and manning siege stuff.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I went into WvWvW with my lvl 11 Necromancer and my buddie's Lvl 3 Ranger yesterday.
    None of us died once in about 1 1/2 hours of play and we defended a keep, took a tower and multiple supply camps. I leveled up to 13 and my buddy to 5 I think. I also got a ton of new loot.

Seriously, those people who are all "oh noes you need to be 80!" probably run around all alone and think every one is going to 1v1 them. You ALWAYS fight in groups in WvWvW. You should also always move in groups. If you run around alone, you will probably die.

Pay no mind to those "wah wah unbalanced" whiners, they just have no idea wtf they are doing, as usual.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Well it's not fully "balanced".... its just not so unbalanced that it matters that much. A level 80 will have an advantage, but like you said... if they go off solo they are doing it wrong and that disadvantage will be apparent.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    I seem to be on a very small side of an argument concerning WvWvW. My knowledge is based on speculation, anecdotal evidence and what I think should be. Maybe some of you guys have some hard cold facts for me.

I'm talking about the level up system for WvWvW. I see lot's of people claiming they need to level to do WvWvW. That they get destroyed by "the level 80s" in WvWvW and so they take their level 30 back to PvE. My opinion is that if you believe you are dieing/losing in WvWvW because of your level and once you hit level 80 you will magically stop dieing and be able to kill people, then you are going to be sorely disappointed.

The difference between a level 30 and a level 80 in WvWvW will be a few things. They may have some extra stats on you from the secondary/tertiary stats from their armor that your armor won't have. They get a few more stat points from trait lines. They have a few more minor/major traits.

If the developers wanted to normalize everyone, and were smart (They seem pretty fucking smart from a lot of the other stuff I've seen), then they would take into account those secondary/tertiary stats on armor and at least the stat points from trait lines. I'd leave the minor/major traits though to give level 80s something though. Anyway, I would think they would take into account those advantages and normalize the lower level people with whatever formula they use to bring those stats as close as possible to a level 80 that has 3 stat armor, and full trait lines. Is this true though? I don't even know.

If you keep your armor up to your level, then you should be able to compete in WvWvW just fine. You aren't just going to disintegrate from the gaze of a level 80 as some people seem to believe. If someone blows you up seemingly instantly, they most likely would have done so no matter your level (Hasted Warrior/Thief is going to kill you so damn fast if you don't have an invuln).

I've been wuvwuving since my teens and I haven't had many complaints. I have definitely won the majority of my 1v1 encounter's since starting PvPing in this game. Skill does truly shine.

THAT SAID, I am starting to notice a bit of a difference in power scale against some level 80's. I have encountered a couple legit level 80's that were able to put out an absurd amount of damage. I can only assume these players are rocking a full set of Exotic gear.

Realistically though, you shouldn't ever be scared to enter WvW simply because you're not level 80. As long as you're a competant player who doesn't recklessly charge forth into enemy lines, you'll do fine.

steam_sig.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    in WuvWuv, the arrow carts don't care about your level. Also, a level 1 carries the same amount of supply as a level 80.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

I've been wuvwuving since my teens and I haven't had many complaints. I have definitely won the majority of my 1v1 encounter's since starting PvPing in this game. Skill does truly shine.

THAT SAID, I am starting to notice a bit of a difference in power scale against some level 80's. I have encountered a couple legit level 80's that were able to put out an absurd amount of damage. I can only assume these players are rocking a full set of Exotic gear.

Realistically though, you shouldn't ever be scared to enter WvW simply because you're not level 80. As long as you're a competant player who doesn't recklessly charge forth into enemy lines, you'll do fine.

"Exotic" doesn't factor into it, does it? They're just rocking level 80 gear, and they're probably runed and skilled out fully.

What is this I don't even.
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    I found the bugs in Orr annoying enough that I've started leveling up my elementalist a bit instead. I want to play it as some kind of lolololol Air nuker (which is what I did in GW), but for some reason all the gapclosers on D/D and fully charged Churning Earths draws me more towards that bit of the kit. Too much deliciousness! =(

The Orr bugs are frustrating but I seem to encounter fewer bugged events every day, so they're definitely acitvely working on it.

Unforunately, had a bit of a bug for the final solo Story mission where the fight got stuck on Phase 2. Ended up whittling down the boss in that phase without seeing the rest. FIgured it had to be a bug just based on how boring it made things for phase 2 to go so long :p

Though otherwise that final mission was pretty good. Only encountered maybe 2 bugs for the entire story from 1 to 80 (not counting the final-final story mission which is group), but both were in the final missions. Thankfully neither was a blocking bug, just caused things to get wonky sequence wise.

Might be more to do with having a full trait slew available than gear.

steejee on
    The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

"Exotic" doesn't factor into it, does it? They're just rocking level 80 gear, and they're probably runed and skilled out fully.

It does. Oranges all have the same max stats.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Guardian

-Defender’s Shield and Honorable Shield: Merged together into the same trait.

-New trait Glacial Heart: Critical hits with a hammer have a 50% chance to chill your target for 4 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 45 seconds.

Yay!

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I agree that the kits need some work and that your gear stats need more of an effect on how they work, and I agree that the turrets need some tweaks to not fire at things through floors (or at yellow mobs for that matter).

I don't agree that the class itself is borked. It's fantastic.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    I've been 80 for a while, and as a frugal person I was just going to wait till I found good stuff to replace my old equipment. I was rocking level 68-74 blues at level 80 for a while. I finally realized that buying a full set of greens would only cost me like 10-20s at the most. So I went from 68-74 blues that had no vitality on them, to level 80 greens that ALL had vitality on them (Valkyrie), while keeping my damage jewelry(Berserker). I gained a whopping 1.2k health or so.

While that is an increase, it wasn't anywhere near what I expected. I thought I was going to get 4x as much. And so, I don't think the difference between a person in in full blue/greens and someone in full exotic is so large that skill can't easily overcome it. And likewise, I don't think the stat difference between a level 80 in full 80 gear, and a level 30 in full 30 gear is big enough that skill can't easily overcome.

There is a lot more testing and analysis that can/has to be done to find out just how much gear/stats/level come into play. For now, if you lose a fight, the first thing you should tell yourself is that you need to learn what skills to dodge and see how you can better set up your damage. The first reaction shouldn't be "Oh, I just need to level/get exotics/play a different profession".

Thanks for backing me up. A few of my friends have been super focused on leveling, and I tell them over and over again that it isn't that big of a deal. They can't get over their old experiences from games 10-15 years old and think that if they aren't level 80 they will get destroyed. Doesn't really matter now that we are all level 80, but it did bother me that I felt like I was talking to brick wall(s).

This discussion has been closed.