As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ravnica Resurgence: Magic the Gathering

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Azorius forever

AUTHORITY. BUREAUCRACY. PEACE.

judge_dredd_its_the_law_low.jpg

Gonna keep the peace in [strike]Mega-City One[/strike] Ravnica

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    DAMMIT BB-CODE, YOU BROKE THE LAW.

THE PENALTY IS DEATH.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I love commander but I tend to jump quickly from one deck to another

currently I have glorious giant tribal with mayael the anima as the general. so dumb that it works

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    holy shit Ravnica actually is fantasy Mega-City One, isn't it

mutants in the undersewers and everything

IT ALL MAKES SENSE

also the new rakdos and some other guys got posted in critical failures
    tumblr_mafdy5wmDk1qc29lyo2_500.png
    1ibhnl.jpg

oh my god you guys I just realized

my calling is to be a Dredd Style Judge

I AM THE LAW.

I AM... JUDGE BUT.

IF YOU PUT A SECOND T IN THERE THE PUNISHMENT IS DEATH.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i played commander (EDH right?)

had gwafa hazid UW control, memnarch mono blue control, and UG momir vig control

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I like calling it EDH more than commander.

And I have a pretty decent Omnath deck.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I used to use maelstrom wanderer but that deck pretty much ran itself

giant tribal is far manlier

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ButtfortButtfort don't go to church on a sunday got my own special wayRegistered User regular
    I go back and forth between calling it EDH and commander, mostly because EDH is kind of a shitty name? But it's the original one, so ehhh

I've got a Ghave deck and a Niv-Mizzet hand cycling deck that I switch between. The Ghave deck is this hateful combo-machine right now but I'm thinking about switching it to more of a stax deck. Ghave, Doubling Season and Smokestack seems like it would produce all kinds of tears, and that's always what I want out of a deck.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Man, Control is so much fun to play. And watch. Aggro vs aggro, I swing at you, yeah well I swing at you for more. Control vs control can get ridiculously intricate as each player tries to get an advantage.

Granted, I'm not talking about permission based control, mana leak after mana leak isn't terribly exciting. But I have a red based control deck in current standard (splashing green and red for goodstuff) which is a blast to play.

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    When Commandeer was in Standard, Control vs Control was the best.

I really loved Coldsnap for like, that card, Scrying Sheets, and Rimefeather Owl alone. Hahaha.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • ButtfortButtfort don't go to church on a sunday got my own special wayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    my favorite deck I ever had was a mono-green board control deck back in Rav/TSP standard that I dicked around with on MTGO

I wish to god I could remember the decklist for it, it was so much fun

edit: actually it must have been right after Lorwyn came out because I remember lignifying the shit out of some tarmogoyfs

Buttfort on
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    reprint confirmations have come in for Arrest, Cancel, Dispel, Inspiration, Cremate, Paralyzing Grasp, Tower Drake, Mind Rot, Traitorous Instinct, Giant Growth, and Seek the Horizon

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    cwmd875bel_en.jpg
    tpfbu0kw1w_en.jpg

almost a Watchwolf and a weird enchantment

a1o1MZu.jpg
    search the city is bizarre

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    wow search the city is kind of hot

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    well that enchantment sucks

excellent almost watchwolf spell though

Robcham on
    that enchantment has so much potential!

kind of weak as a 5 drop though

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    I absolutely love the flavor of search the city, but man it sucks for anything outside of casual. Sort of reminds me of the quests of zendikar and I loved those as well.

hLeTR.png
    the enchantment's probably at its best with a bunch of cantrips

use your draw spells to either get more draw off the enchant, or draw the cards that it does have on it

then go again

a1o1MZu.jpg
    I like the weirdness of it, and the chance to instantly replace a card I used if it's been exiled by it, but the cost is what irks me.

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I keep reading this thread. I don't know why; you all might as well be speaking a different language.

the fact that at instant speed you get multiple copies of your spells is pretty amazing

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    if you have a lot of cantrippy stuff and guttersnipe or the nivmagus guy or the other one that gets + on casting stuff, well

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Search the City has pretty artwork

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    I keep reading this thread. I don't know why; you all might as well be speaking a different language.

keeping up with threads you don't post in or really get is classy as hell

I read this and the diablo thread a bunch

if it was cheaper it would be a really cool card but at 5 it's kind of a dissapointment. Instead of a weird, conditional time warp you could just play a regular time warp.

• The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    God. Why does Search the City not cost 4. I could see playing it if it cost ONE DAMN LESS.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
    I guess comparing it to time warp isn't exactly right since it adds those cards back to your hand but it still feels like too much what it does

but what if all 4 copies of a card I wanted to use are exiled

what then

if you ever wind up with all remaining copies of a card on there good luck

unless you're running Pull From Eternity

actually now I'm tempted to make a deck of Search the City+Pull From Eternity and some draw to see if I can do something with it in casual

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pull From Eternity - making almost awesome combos since 2006.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    EDH is great. My goblin deck kicks so much ass

Except when I get too fast of a start and everybody gangs up on me

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
    Pull From Eternity - making almost awesome combos since 2006.

just you watch I'll find a way to break it

also Krenko EDH deck is fantastic

Krenko+Mana Echoes+Umbral Mantle is my favorite thing in the world

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    well I know what rare I DON'T want to open
    the sorcery watchwolf is cute though, yum

God. Why does Search the City not cost 4. I could see playing it if it cost ONE DAMN LESS.
    honestly it seems way too powerful at 4 cmc

the card advantage is pretty enormous

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    honestly it seems way too powerful at 4 cmc

the card advantage is pretty enormous

True. It's a really borderline card. As it stands I really doubt it will see any serious play, but if you tweak it down just slightly it becomes fairly unbalanced.

looks like we have art for the Gatecrash keyrunes and an as-yet unused (read: no card spoiled) Azorius lady riding a griffin
    Ni4Xt.jpg
    NISrD.jpg
    hmICd.jpg
    qM96s.jpg
    rBntL.jpg
    HSDTn.jpg

I really really like the Dimir one but they're all pretty great

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    lady riding the griffin is an asari