As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Song I know but can't remember driving me crazy

2»

• FletcherSeagullFletcherSeagull Registered User regular
    I've registered in this forum, because of this topic. Have no ideia what kind of forum it is. I'm portuguese, so i apologise for my bad spelling.
    Has anyone found out what this song is?

The song must be from the 60's or probably the 70's. I remenber the tune. It's based on a classical piece by BACH, called Air in G string. It is not a band that sings it, it is an orchestra. It reminds me of Biddu Orchestra, but i'm not sure. Searched loads of musics from Biddu, and haven't found that particular music

The music is the classic music. The singer is a man wich doesn't really sings. He talks along the music. 'darling, i love you, i want you, i need you. Like the flowers love the bees, like the desert needs the rain'. I'm not sure of the lyrics, but it's something like that. Then there's a choir of female wich sings 'so please come back, you belong to me.... and i can't live witout your love.... ' etc. etc.

The song reminds me of 'Wings of love' by Biddu Orchestra. The tone of the male voice, the talking instead of singing. So i place my bets on an orchestra and not a band.

I'm a bit lost in this forum :)
    MOD Ceres, say something if you're still alive :lol:

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I know it's from the 60's. I called my dad and he's working on it. ;)

Welcome to the forum! Some tips: try not to post in really old threads, or more than once or twice in a row.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • voodoovoodoo Registered User new member
    edited December 2012
    Hi, I just spent 6h searching the internet for this song (Everything but the Girl - Missing). I found the version (Cover) i was looking for it's "Night Shift - Missing". Hope this is the one you where looking for. (Sry for any mistakes in the text, not that good in English) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVRfnx2OKRo

voodoo on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Nope, still not the right song, sorry.

It is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnRrNyyvV_Y

The rest of the song doesn't really sound familiar, but the line "have you ever seen the rain?" is unmistakable, and definitely what I was trying to remember. :D

Oh hey, it wasn't CCR, which apparently I'd failed to notice get mentioned earlier in the thread anyway?

Fun story, I was in the car recently when it came on a local radio station and I went OMG THIS IS IT THIS IS THE SONG.

It was Touch Me by The Doors. "I'm gonna love you till the heavens stop the rain"

...Now I feel silly for a lot of reasons.

This discussion has been closed.