As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Getting in an hour early.

QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in PAX Archive
Previous years, there has been a good emphacis on the PAX site that if you pre-register for PAX, then you get to go in an hour before everybody else. I've been combing the site a bit this year, and unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't explicitly say that anywhere.

I'm curious if the policy of pre-registrants getting in an hour earlier is going to maintained at PAX07.

The reason I ask is because a couple of my friends have only recently come to me and told me they might want to go. I've warned them that it might be unfortunate if we can't get in at the same time if they don't pre-register (but now I don't know if that's true).

What it comes down to is this: How early do tickets start selling "At the Door" ? If my friend/s were to buy their tickets at the door, would they be able to join me in line? Waiting in line for PAX to start is one of my favourite parts about PAX.

QuizMaster on

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    From the PAX Badges thread
    Grahamulax wrote: »
    They look a bit different then last years
    such as the yellow star that meant you were a pre registee embedded smack dab in the middle of the badge is missing and uh... less text I guess..... that's....all.....but how will they know we're the awesome pre registers instead of the normal 3 day passers! OH DEAR THE DILEMMA!!!

The badges are different each year so people can't just wear the previous year's badge and get in to the show.

Since Pre-Reg attendees don't get in any earlier than on-site attendees this year*, the badges were made the same for all 3-day people to reduce any possible confusion about the badges from Enforcers or WSCTC Staff.

*They sort of get in earlier since they don't have to wait to pay in the On-Site Registration line, but other than saving money, that's the only benefit of Pre-Reg.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Don't you adore this guy? It took me longer to write the question (I edit out stuff because I tend to ramble) than for him to find/read my question, think of where an answer was posted, find it, quote it and post it.

QuizMaster on
    edited July 2007
    Thanks, I do what I can.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• jay427jay427 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    From what I hear, he also knows how to throw one hell of a party...

jay427 on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    jay427 wrote: »
    From what I hear, he also knows how to throw one hell of a party...

He also knows how to party one hell of a throw.

He is like Van Wilder in that respect. Maybe he will introduce us geeks to a bunch of hot women that find Pokemasters very sexy.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Maybe he will introduce us geeks to a bunch of pedophiles that find Pokemasters very sexy.

fixed.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Big Guy wrote: »
    fixed.

fail.

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • smessmes Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I heard he could be Jesus.

smes on
    edited July 2007
    And more seriously: When do people start lining up to get in?

smes on
    edited July 2007
    Most people, 8-10AM friday, I think

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    He is like Van Wilder in that respect. Maybe he will introduce us geeks to a bunch of hot women that find Pokemasters very sexy.

But... I don't want to find a woman that will find my pokemastery sexy....

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Lies

Viscountalpha on
    edited July 2007

Lies

HEY! stop looking at my diary! thats personal!

BrokenAngel on
  • JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

but.. but...

i thought you wanted to see my pokemans :(

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
    edited July 2007
    Jaiden wrote: »

but.. but...

i thought you wanted to see my pokemans :(

I do. you know I love it when you wear that dress for me Jaiden <3

BrokenAngel on
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    Most people, 8-10AM friday, I think

I've had no trouble getting into the concerts lining up 2 hours ahead of time in the past. 8am seems excessive, at least for past years. I actually don't know how attendance vs. amount of people that can see the concerts weighs out this year, but I would love to know.

TrainwreckX on
    edited July 2007
    The question I was answering wasn't regarding the concerts, merely what time people start lining up to get in in the morning.
    smes wrote: »
    That question said nothing of concerts.
    I don't know anybody who would spend the entire day in line just for the concerts.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    The question I was answering wasn't regarding the concerts, merely what time people start lining up to get in in the morning.
    I don't know anybody who would spend the entire day in line just for the concerts.

Right, and my point is that, in past years, the real draw of getting in line early is to get a concert pass. Sorry if I didn't spell that out. The other draw was when vendors game out to throw stuff at you. A minor draw is pictochat. I say minor cause that pretty much goes on all day.

Anyway, I know plenty of people that got in line early just for the concerts, at least last year.

TrainwreckX on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Right, and my point is that, in past years, the real draw of getting in line early is to get a concert pass. Sorry if I didn't spell that out. The other draw was when vendors game out to throw stuff at you. A minor draw is pictochat. I say minor cause that pretty much goes on all day.

Anyway, I know plenty of people that got in line early just for the concerts, at least last year.

Actually the major draw is hanging out with like minded people. Maybe you arent social enough but lining up for popular things like that you strike up lots of conversations with people around you and usually have a good time. Also make a few friends in the process.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited July 2007
    I don't know about you, but the real draw of getting in line early for me is the people, and the good times.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    I don't know about you, but the real draw of getting in line early for me is the people, and the good times.

For me that's something that goes on all day for three days. I'd rather get the extra couple hours sleep between days, especially now that we are going till 3am, and opening at 10am with maybe a hint of party in between. Line isn't the best way to meet people at PAX.

TrainwreckX on
    edited July 2007

For me that's something that goes on all day for three days. I'd rather get the extra couple hours sleep between days, especially now that we are going till 3am, and opening at 10am with maybe a hint of party in between. Line isn't the best way to meet people at PAX.

3 days.. out of a year :P some people want to get as much pax time in as possible. If you want to spend it sleeping go ahead. Ill stay up and have fun.
    Also lines are an awesome place to meet people, you must have been in some pretty crappy lines.

BigRed on
    edited July 2007
    So to the OP, I guess if you want to spend a lot of extra time with fellow PAXers in line, get there as early as you can. If you will likely be spending the rest of the entire day with PAXers anyway (read: going to PAX), and are not anti-social, just like to get enough sleep to make it through the next 17+ hour day of the convention, I would suggest 1 or 2 hours early, depending on what kind of bonuses the early birds get.

And Big Red, you don't even have to wait in the PAX line...

Edit: E3's lines suck for the record.

Edit v2: I'm also not trying to be negative here. Clearly if waiting in line is something you really do enjoy, go for it. I'm not sure if everyone that reads this has been PAX before or not, so I'm just pointing out the extra benefits. I think if you just like lines, I don't need to tell you that this will be a big line of like-minded people.

TrainwreckX on
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Im pretty sure people with a byoc pas get concert wristbands. So theres no need for a line :)

atray on
    edited July 2007
    atray wrote: »
    Im pretty sure people with a byoc pas get concert wristbands. So theres no need for a line :)

BYOCers will also get into the BYOC area ealier than the rest, but thats just to give you time to get checked in and to have your computer setup and ready to go by the time pax opens. Ill be handing out wristbands to people as they check in.
    Details of where that line will be will go out in the final BYOC email before pax. I will also patrol the main line to look for BYOC people who seem to have missed that email.

BigRed on
    edited July 2007
    How easy will it be to get into the concerts, considering the new venue (obviously there are more attendees as well though)? Last year seemed easiest of all, so I hope it continues to get easier every year with plenty of concert space.

TrainwreckX on
  • MantisMantis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mmm.... I have a devious plan. I shall make my friends wait in line for me, while I go forth and do Parkour in Freeway park, right next to the convention center.

ok, maybe not so devious, but at least I'll have a bit of fun and then chill in line with all the crazy cool people who tend to be in line.

Also, concerts may be awesome, but lines tend to hurt my soul. I use concerts as an excuse to hog the console freeplay.

Mantis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santeria64Santeria64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mantis wrote: »
    while I go forth and do Parkour in Freeway park, right next to the convention center.

Is that a good spot for parkour?

Santeria64 on
    468D7F011B6A9.png
    edited July 2007
    I've never really seen any parkour in person, just on youtube. It'd be cool to watch, I really like seeing it online.

TrainwreckX on
  • Santeria64Santeria64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not very good at all, and I'm gonna be careful not to do anything too risky, I don't want to go home early with a broken leg.

Santeria64 on
    468D7F011B6A9.png
    edited July 2007
    Do it. If you want I could film it for you.

smes on
    edited July 2007
    Yeah!

TrainwreckX on
  • MantisMantis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm more than willing to show some people some parkour, and I'll have a few friends who are better than me (in some ways, I can still school them, they're just stronger than me) there. And yeah, if anyone is going to be in town that thursday, I can show you some shit, or we can do it during the line-wait.

Mantis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.