As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

how do elves even know how to build a god damn Smartphone anyways

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    restoring my iphone to non-jailbroken iphone is eating up my morning, in which i planned to return to the gym

but this takes precedence

my friend works today and friday so i'm gonna go get me a new 4S sometime then

Why are you fully restoring it if you are replacing it today? Just stick your contacts on and you can last out the day.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    iOS6 update is now available.

8406wWN.png
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    iOS6 update is now available.

Gonna have to wait till I get home because my work internet is shit

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Installing on iPad and phone now. Little worried about how it'll effect performance on my phone, it's just a standard 4 and is already running pretty slow.

8406wWN.png
    Remaining time on iPad is hilariously inconsistent. Was sitting at "About three minutes remaining" with the bar at around 40% filled, then jumped to 12 minutes, then 40, now it's at 2 and has been for the last five minutes.

8406wWN.png
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Shit I better save my 5.1.1 SHSH blob today if I still can.

iwantanswers3.png
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    They must not have bug fixed anything between the GM and now

• TenTen Registered User regular
    I'm about to go out and buy a Samsung Galaxy S3 because I'm sick of how slow and unresponsive my iPhone 3GS is getting. It's going to be interesting to make my way out of the Apple ecosystem but I'm looking forward to actually feeling like I own my hardware rather than Apple renting it to me and dictating what I can do with it.

And I don't dare try putting iOS 6 on this thing because I'm sure it will become basically impossible to use.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Installing on iPad and phone now. Little worried about how it'll effect performance on my phone, it's just a standard 4 and is already running pretty slow.

You may see an improvement, actually.

Oh good. AppleMaps doesn't seem to support transit or even walking directions. Car only. Don't see an official GoogleMaps app out yet, either.

Super helpful. Thanks, Apple.

8406wWN.png
    walking's for sallys anyways

apparently apple pushed out the mountain lion update that brings facebook integration and consolidates your iMessages and shit

which is fantastic news

Ten wrote: »
    I'm about to go out and buy a Samsung Galaxy S3 because I'm sick of how slow and unresponsive my iPhone 3GS is getting. It's going to be interesting to make my way out of the Apple ecosystem but I'm looking forward to actually feeling like I own my hardware rather than Apple renting it to me and dictating what I can do with it.

And I don't dare try putting iOS 6 on this thing because I'm sure it will become basically impossible to use.

I'll probably get something like a Samsung Galaxy S3 if I decide to switch to Wind. When my contract renegotiation next fall with Bell turns into a nightmare, I probably will.

iwantanswers3.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Lack of voiced turn-by-turn for the iPhone 4 but supported in iPad 2, among the many reasons I'm moving to Android later this year

Extremely petty on Apple's part and without a valid technical excuse

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    as someone who lives in a city where public transit is nonexistent and if you don't have a car you're pretty much boned - I love the updated Maps app.

But yeah, you know, totally disregarding other forms of transit is probably a bad idea. Until Apple releases the NEW AND IMPROVED MAPS APP that is UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU'VE EVER SEEN BEFORE. It will even show you the local hookers and heroin patrons on your lovely jog back to your studio apartment!

I still love my iphone

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    They're opening up the Maps app to 3rd parties to develop mass transit directions.

edited September 2012
    KalTorak wrote: »
    They're opening up the Maps app to 3rd parties to develop mass transit directions.

There's a transit app kickstarter project for iOS6+ that looks pretty nifty. And they reached their funding goal, too.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
    liiink?

KalTorak wrote: »
    That doesn't do me a damned lick of good right now. It'll be great when it's all integrated into OneBusAway and shit, but for the time being I have to find a new app to get me transit directions because it costs me $40+ a day to park downtown, so I rely on the bus system around here.

8406wWN.png
    Larlar wrote: »

I'll probably get something like a Samsung Galaxy S3 if I decide to switch to Wind. When my contract renegotiation next fall with Bell turns into a nightmare, I probably will.

Yo I work for Bell call me when you start thinking about doing this

Let's not switch you to an awful network just yet

Smart Hero wrote: »
    liiink?

You can find it. I believe in you.

iwantanswers3.png
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Lack of voiced turn-by-turn for the iPhone 4 but supported in iPad 2, among the many reasons I'm moving to Android later this year

Extremely petty on Apple's part and without a valid technical excuse

Probs a good valid technical excuse unless you work for apple and know something I don't

T4CT wrote: »

Can you get me unlimited everything for $40 a month?

iwantanswers3.png
    liiink?

but tube said we could link to kickstarters if it wasn't like HAY GUYS CHECK OUT MAH KICKS

Larlar I am sick and my nose is all stuffy and I will sneeze on you

liiink?

but tube said we could link to kickstarters if it wasn't like HAY GUYS CHECK OUT MAH KICKS

Larlar I am sick and my nose is all stuffy and I will sneeze on you

In that case you should check out my new kickstarter. I'm raising money to build an active sneezeguard garment that chops off the nose of anyone about to sneeze on its wearer.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    restoring my iphone to non-jailbroken iphone is eating up my morning, in which i planned to return to the gym

but this takes precedence

my friend works today and friday so i'm gonna go get me a new 4S sometime then

Why are you fully restoring it if you are replacing it today? Just stick your contacts on and you can last out the day.

eh, because i wasn't sure if i'd get to go today or friday, and i wanted to make sure i had all my contacts on it

easier anyway, i had the time, i'll gym tomorrow

i wanna keep my phone on 5.1.1 for now but gonna update my ipad when i get home

poo
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Just updated my phone and iPad to 6.0. Don't really have any idea what the new stuff is.

Siri doesn't understand me.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Neither does @LarLar

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    oh my god you can tweet from the notification pulldown now

I'm so sorry twitter

No but WINDs unlimited plan is pretty dumbskis

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Siri doesn't understand me.
    *giggles* :o

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom

W...why?

iwantanswers3.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I have a calculator from 1996 that is more powerful than a moon computer.

Fuck. My vaccuum cleaner has more brains than an Apollo rocket. It is no longer an impressive thing to say.

this is

not really the point

It's not supposed to be impressive. It's supposed to give perspective.

Hey awesome, none of the transit apps I've been able to find support the Seattle area, and Google Maps doesn't work in Safari for the iPhone.

This really kind of fucks me. Really, really wishing I hadn't updated the phone now. God damn it, Apple.

8406wWN.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

W...why?

Because in every area that wasn't an initial launch area they have areas that they don't cover in the city

Their coverage map doesn't show this because WIND uses something called 'Away' zones which means you still have coverage and may not even notice you've transitioned, but you're now paying 25c a minute, 15c a text message, and 10c/25kb of data

If you are wandering or walking while this occurs it will back charge you for the previous minutes in the call

But if you wander back into a wind zone it'll still count as an away call and charge you

This doesn't get into the AWS issue which essentially means your phone will only ever work on WIND

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I have a calculator from 1996 that is more powerful than a moon computer.

Fuck. My vaccuum cleaner has more brains than an Apollo rocket. It is no longer an impressive thing to say.

this is

not really the point

It's not supposed to be impressive. It's supposed to give perspective.
    And to give perspective. Consumer producys have out powered the Apollo shuttles since the late eighties.

In the eighties.

I mean

if you don't think that the most important technological achievement in human history is being technologically overshadowed by a thing you use to play angry birds is impressive

then I just don't know what to say

This discussion has been closed.