As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 09/18/2012 - Charles Barkley?

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Graphic Violence
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #15 Ganke has some ideas on how to get Miles back into the public favor.
sZ4wh.jpg

ohZlm.jpg

2yMMI.jpg

Spider-Men #5 Then PEter gives some miles some more advice / his blessing.
oNAAq.jpg

CIukP.jpg

Ultimate Comics Ultimates #15 has the primary ultimates team fighting the WASP drones on the west coast.
fVW6A.jpg

c5qI0.jpg

yrFNW.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Atomic Robo: Flying She-Devils #3, Robo's Fight or Flight response needs some work:
    atomicrobofsd3a_zps2370bdd7.jpg

atomicrobofsd3b_zps8f26fb36.jpg

Daredevil #18, a flaw from Bendis' great DD run reappears:

daredevil18a_zpsbb34a824.jpg

He hears Milla, who shows up on his radar and is acting all non-crazy.

daredevil18b_zps0513f3fe.jpg

daredevil18c_zps5de6bbaa.jpg

The twist is that Milla is shown still locked up in a padded cell so someone is messing with Matt or he's gone crazy again, but hopefully Milla stays there forever.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Dang, Waid. Way to use your continuity.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Re: Daredevil
    What's wrong with Milla? It's been a while, but I remember generally liking her. Or is the flaw that she was made crazy? Because I'm pretty sure that came after Bendis left the book.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Yeah, Brubaker was the one who really fucked with her.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Atomic Robo was great this week. Adventures was a little on the weak side, but She-Devils was packed with action and fun.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    This was in the letters page on Walking Dead 102, and I got a kick out of it, then I noticed who wrote it and laughed again.

The letter does contain spoilers tho if not caught up past 100
    Glenn%20letter%20for%20Glenn_zps9b300c03.jpg

Steven Yeun is who plays Glenn on the show

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I really like that I have no idea where Waid is going with a lot of the crazy things happening to Matt right now. It's fun to have a good mystery that we're not in on and doesn't fell cobbled together just to shock the reader.

Also, how can you mention this week's Ultimate Spider-Man and not mention
    Mile's "Wesley Crushers" shirt later in the issue? Loved it.

JyrenB on
    osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I agree that Brubaker made it worse but
    Milla never really had a hook that I found interesting. So she was blind, she still seemed really bland and the way she quickly became super love #1, even with the one year jump, was just a very bad spot on an other excellent run. It just really reaked of a creator shoving in their new creation into a position where you have to go super crazy to reverse it (which Brubaker did).

That's just me though, I've always been a Matt and Natasha fan, even the Dakota North thing would have been interesting. I do like the current setup Waid has with Kirsten, she comes across with much better parity being a lawyer.

• Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    That Walking Dead bit is hilarious. It took me a second to put the name together.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    The Walking Dead also just happened to be a really good issue. Not much happened but I found Kirkman's writing to be a step up and even seemed like Adlard's art is improving.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    damn it I just want to know what peter said! damn you well played timing

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    damn it I just want to know what peter said! damn you well played timing

I bet it would have had to do with a paper bag. :P

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Doctor Strange: Season One is best Season One yet.

Young Strange and Wong (with lots of hair!) are a great team.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    A week late but watcha gonna do

Venom continues to battle demons in the last issue before Minimum Carnage
    Venom_25_1.png

Venom_25_2.png

This all looks like it's leading up to a Hell arc featuring Mephisto after MC and I'm super excited
    Hellstrom says that one of the Hell-Lords is about to fall further than the others and become the true devil
    Mephisto is preparing for this and has marked Hellstrom and Venom as two of his potential heirs

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Edit: woops. Wrong MOTW thread.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    So now I need to get into Ultimate Spider-man again because shit was awesome. Are they still releasing the *huge* trade paperbacks that collect something like 24 issues at a time? I got the first 2, and I figure that's properly the most economical way to get myself caught up.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    As far as I can find on Amazon, Volume 3 is available, but volumes 4-11 are out of print, and volume 12 is only available in hardcover.

I don't know if they're planning on putting those collections back in print, but if you want to catch up now, you're probably better off just getting the individual collections.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Its really about time that they made the pre-Ultimatum post-original series stuff available. That's sorta where I left off and its really getting annoying.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    SightTDW wrote: »
    Its really about time that they made the pre-Ultimatum post-original series stuff available. That's sorta where I left off and its really getting annoying.
    what issue numbers would those be?
    they appear to have everything up to 128 and two annuals, ultimatum starting with 129

edit ooooh it looks like 134 to 152 is missing, that's post ultimatum and pre-death

edit again i forgot about requium

that is a lot of missing stuff

Antimatter on
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    They have requium. They are only missing UCSM(vol 1) 1-15, 150-152

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Yeah, its not a massive window, but I left off in the middle of UCSM vol. 1, so its pretty annoying to me.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr