As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old STEAM Thread

• Pereza0Pereza0 Registered User regular
    The guys, or at least one of the guys from dustforce are pretty cool, look at this:
    coolguye.png
    You should also get dustforce, its a great game

Peewi wrote: »
    So Steam on Linux is basically just going to be Source Engine and a few indie games for a while, right?

If they continue with Steamplay it would be pretty cool to buy a game and then have copies of it for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

As far as I know, L4D2 will be the only Valve game on Linux at first. I'd guess others will come after that, but L4D2 is the only one they've talked about publicly.

Porting other games from the Source engine will probably be trivial in comparison to porting the actual Source engine.
    Theres also all the games that have participated in the Indie Bundles (quality stuff there) aaaaand... not much else?

Steam on Linux has more chances of success than Mac OS did back in its day, since pretty much anyone who doesnt mind a bit of hassle can get a PC with linux going, while Mac requires $$$

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Tef- Thanks again, Mr Marty just gifted me the BL2 copy. Woot!

Just realized I have a Dustforce code from HIB i wont be using

If you want it send me PMs with creative uses for brooms (even a single line of text is ok), and ill choose!

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I was playing some Borderlands 2 with the fine gentlemen from Wangs Without Borders and I stumbled into an issue. Typically when I chat online while gaming (mostly Skype + League of Legends) I have it set up so the verbal communication goes through my headset while the sounds of the game go through my speakers. This combined with my noise-canceling headphones makes it easy to hear my team without blasting them with my own game noise.

Is there a way to set this up for Steam Voice?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    So SRTT is a great game! Fuck!

Seriously don't I have enough games to choose from already!?

Fuck it I'm getting an extra game; I just finally finished painting my kitchen, it looks great and I deserve a god-damn treat!

• madnessnewbmadnessnewb Registered User regular
    Pereza0 wrote: »
    The guys, or at least one of the guys from dustforce are pretty cool, look at this:
    coolguye.png

That's pretty nice :)

steam_sig.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So way back a while ago @AnteCantelope gifted me TorchLight 2. I had completely forgotten until yesterday when Steam suddenly alerted me that I had something in inventory, and there was my gift copy of TL1. So I spent like 5 hours yesterday playing TL2. And it was pretty fun.

Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    So... Alpha Protocol? What's with the combat? I hear it's bad, but why? Keep in mind, I'm someone who likes the combat in Mass Effect 1, even as I recognize its flaws.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    So... Alpha Protocol? What's with the combat? I hear it's bad, but why? Keep in mind, I'm someone who likes the combat in Mass Effect 1, even as I recognize its flaws.

Alpha Protocol is awesome, buy it. Sneak around, choke and stab people, shoot them in the head with a pistol.

steam_sig.png
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    It is exactly like the combat in ME1

Youll be fine

Be wary of going full stealth though, one boss in particular is a bastard if you do this

steam_sig.png
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Good, so it's basically ,"Could be better." turned into, "It sucks." Looking forward to it. Thanks.

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Good, so it's basically ,"Could be better." turned into, "It sucks." Looking forward to it. Thanks.

More or less. Though there are a few skills that are pretty much obligatory, else you'll have some nasty times ahead. That was part of the problem.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    Drovek wrote: »

More or less. Though there are a few skills that are pretty much obligatory, else you'll have some nasty times ahead. That was part of the problem.

Yeah, heard about that, what are they again? Stealth, hacking, pistols? Is there anything that just plain sucks?

• EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    My OCD? At first I couldn't bring myself to complete a level if ANY enemy saw me before I killed him. I realised eventually that this wasn't possible (except on one level) and just had fun regardless.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Daily deal is Renegade Ops along with the DLC. It's a pretty good game and great co-op craziness.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I think I found Saints Row The Third to be actually disappointing, if you had been hyped up like I had. It was just never...crazy enough for me, if that makes sense. Yeah, you could go around thrashing people with marital aids, but I played my game relatively straight: my Boss was a woman who dressed normally and took running her gang business/empire very seriously. So I guess that's my fault?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I think I found Saints Row The Third to be actually disappointing, if you had been hyped up like I had. It was just never...crazy enough for me, if that makes sense. Yeah, you could go around thrashing people with marital aids, but I played my game relatively straight: my Boss was a woman who dressed normally and took running her gang business/empire very seriously. So I guess that's my fault?

Well, I haven't played it in "woooo I'm karayzay!!" mode, mainly because that's not my playstile. But to say it's not crazy enough? After the plane thing? Doing 'deals with action figures and mix tapes? Dr. Genki!?

Seriously, this game has it all!

(Guess I'll hold on getting it mainly because I want the whole pack, like in the previous sale, not just the game.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    signature.png

Repost for new thread. 3 Copies.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular

If you can get all the way through the game and out the other side and still say that, I will have to say that you are dead inside.

It starts out over the top. Then stuff gets fucking crazy. And weird.

Well, I haven't played it in "woooo I'm karayzay!!" mode, mainly because that's not my playstile. But to say it's not crazy enough? After the plane thing? Doing 'deals with action figures and mix tapes? Dr. Genki!?

Seriously, this game has it all!

(Guess I'll hold on getting it mainly because I want the whole pack, like in the previous sale, not just the game.)

I guess the wrestling bit is probably the most "out there" bit. Everything else was just "shooting, but with 'weird' shit happening around you, like Tron or gay prostitute chariot races".

Maybe I just wasn't blown away as much as I feel I should have been. Still a fine game though.
    Except for that bit where you are shooting at invaders from the balcony/penthouse area of one of your cribs. They are in the street below, and it makes you take the elevator down to the ground floor instead of letting me jump off the balcony firing my guns as I wanted and felt that they should have let me do that.

steam_sig.png

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    It is exactly like the combat in ME1

Youll be fine

Be wary of going full stealth though, one boss in particular is a bastard if you do this

It's because it came out after ME2. And that people are impatient and keep jamming on the fire key, increasing the firing cone, rather than waiting for it to shrink to laser like accuracy

steam_sig.png
    Just realized I have a Dustforce code from HIB i wont be using

If you want it send me PMs with creative uses for brooms (even a single line of text is ok), and ill choose!

Mmm deadline, how about 8PM monday? Yep that seems right

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular

Yeah, heard about that, what are they again? Stealth, hacking, pistols? Is there anything that just plain sucks?

All of the combat skills other than pistols are, to phrase this diplomatically, sub-par.

Aiming for a Stealth/Pistols/whatever two skills make hacking and lockpicking easier build will make 99% of the game's combat so effortless as to be comedic. The 1% is a boss fight that you'll know when you get there.

AP's combat is incredibly unbalanced and clunky, but then again, that's true of a bunch of other great RPG games.

There were hard bosses?

steam_sig.png

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    There were hard bosses?

If you didn't take pistols, the Russian fucker was annoying.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    The combat really isn't like Mass Effect 1, and I'm not sure why everyone always says that. In ME1 you could pretty much just hold down the fire button. Alpha Protocol is closer to something like Deus Ex: get your crosshair on someone and wait for it to narrow. Just level up pistols a million times and you'll be fine. Stealth is the other skill to grab.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I do love our legacy of Steam comic edits. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • echo 78echo 78 Title Registered User regular
    coolguye.png

I beat the average for Dustforce, since it looked like a fun game. It is :D

steam_sig.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    signature.png

Last chance.

echo 78 wrote: »
    coolguye.png

I beat the average for Dustforce, since it looked like a fun game. It is :D

You are in for a treat. I like Dustforce.

A lot.

• HuntingNoobHuntingNoob Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    signature.png

Last chance.

Thank you sir for the fine gift. I will be honing my insults for this adventure.

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular

AP Is awful, i couldnt even get out of the tutorial area once i hit that fucking horrid number matching minigame with the clunkiest most impossible controls ever devised. I've taken a crack at the game 3 times and never been able to pass that spot before getting super frustrated and annoyed and giving up. If a game isn't fun why play it right?

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I never found SR3 that fun. There. I said it. I'm sorry. Please don't hate me.

Steam: offday
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to disagree with the above two posts and say that SR3 was very very fun, one of my favorite GTA-esque games (up there with Sleeping Dogs) and Alpha Protocol is very much in my top 10 RPGs. The combat is nothing to write home about but the dialogue, story and branching paths are brilliant.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    SR3 was my first entry into the series and while I havent finished it (I got distracted by shorter games in an attempt to clear out my gamebank) I was a little let down with the whole start out on top thing, but that said the game is a lot of fun. I kinda think a source of my let down was that I started with a bunch of shit thanks to the DLC which I otherwise wouldnt have. Like, I gain money really quickly so buying things isnt a problem, I can already select a tank, a hoverbike, a witches broom and a couple other vehicles that I wouldnt otherwise.

I typically dont like the GTA style games with a KBAM but I think SR3 handles just fine and I have no desire to use a controller even though one is plugged in.

The game is pretty wacky but for some reason I cant bring myself to make a wacky character.

I would totally recommend the game to anyone who likes GTA style games.

emp123 on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I absolutely loved SR3. It was great for short blasts of insane but quick fun and equally amazing for longer stints. One of those games that once you start playing, the time just whizzes by.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I absolutely loved SR3. It was great for short blasts of insane but quick fun and equally amazing for longer stints. One of those games that once you start playing, the time just whizzes by.

This is definitely true, I would sit down with the intention of playing for maybe an hour before I went to bed and would instead find out its 2am and Ive been playing for 3 hours.

The game has the terrible tendency to get you into the "just one more mission" mindset.

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    SR3 was my first entry into the series and while I havent finished it (I got distracted by shorter games in an attempt to clear out my gamebank) I was a little let down with the whole start out on top thing, but that said the game is a lot of fun. I kinda think a source of my let down was that I started with a bunch of shit thanks to the DLC which I otherwise wouldnt have. Like, I gain money really quickly so buying things isnt a problem, I can already select a tank, a hoverbike, a witches broom and a couple other vehicles that I wouldnt otherwise.

I typically dont like the GTA style games with a KBAM but I think SR3 handles just fine and I have no desire to use a controller even though one is plugged in.

The game is pretty wacky but for some reason I cant bring myself to make a wacky character.

I would totally recommend the game to anyone who likes GTA style games.

I didn't play a Wacky character but I played this guy.

With the Cockney voice it made for a entertaining protagonist.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    Or you can be a super villain.

?.jpg

This discussion has been closed.