As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mixed Martial Media: The Assassination Of UFC 151 By The Coward Jon Jones

19596979899101»

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Jones is already gassed, and he has a messed up arm

this fight ain't over yet

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Vitor's got one more round in him before he gasses!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Ahaha I love that they put a white bandage thing on Vitor so JBJ has a better, easier to see target.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Bones is just so, so good at making opponents stop thinking about what they're doing and instead respond to his game

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Reeeeal slow punches by Jones.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Vitor is gassed already.

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    I hope he pops that kneecap right off.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    This fight might be over. I don't know if Vitor has an answer for Jones' range and side kicks.

And he just pulled guard. Wow.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Vitor showed he could get the triangle.

Comeon, Vitor.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Guys you need to embrace jones... he just booted Vitor in the guts and it was great.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear Big Jon keep calling out Bones for his open-hand bullshit

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »

How many people has he actually got in the eye?

Keep hatin.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Vitor's pretty much a 185er. Jones should be embarassing him, there's nothing to root for here.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Vitor's pretty much a 185er. Jones should be embarassing him, there's nothing to root for here.

I'm rooting for a kneecap.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

How many people has he actually got in the eye?

Keep hatin.

like 3-4...he constantly pokes or thumbs people in the eye.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    I can't find him ever taking one penalty for it on P1 of google.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Even though Vitor's overmatched, dude's putting up a heck of a lot more fight than I was expecting.

And as I type that he pulls guard and gets submitted

• Options
    No real surprise there. Vitor lost his balance and welp.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular

I think that's everyone's point.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Adda wrote: »

\

Their point is that he's not actually doing it but they want to cry about something about him? Yes, I think you're right.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Vitor Belfort lasted 4 rounds, and got in a fair amount of offense, two things I'd bet nobody expected. So major props to him for that.

• Options
    Jones is turning into like babe ruth and michael jordan combined (in terms of dominance).

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Jones' arm is really bothering him now

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    I like how Big John is barking at Jones "lets go" when vitor is still putting on his shirt.

I don't think he likes him!

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Vitor Belfort lasted 4 rounds, and got in a fair amount of offense, two things I'd bet nobody expected. So major props to him for that.

I thought both fighters demonstrated that they were pretty bad dudes despite the 1-sidedness after 1/2way through R1.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Adda wrote: »

\

Their point is that he's not actually doing it but they want to cry about something about him? Yes, I think you're right.

No that isn't it but you already know that right and you're just trying to be funny/argumentative. There is plenty of stuff to complain about, people don't need to reach for stuff.

That was a lovely submission mind, especially as Vitor was expecting him to drag the arm out for the crucifix.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Bones loves putting out an open hand at the level of his opponents eyes to "find the range"

He's not jamming them in the eyes... But the opponents know that if they try to move in those fingers are ending up in their eye sockets.

Bones is hardly the only fighter that does it either, Koscheck loves doing that. It's not that he's purposefully fouling them per se, but he makes them have to worry about it, and that's on purpose and it's annoying and cheap.

• Options
    Bones loves putting out an open hand at the level of his opponents eyes to "find the range"

He's not jamming them in the eyes... But the opponents know that if they try to move in those fingers are ending up in their eye sockets.

Bones is hardly the only fighter that does it either, Koscheck loves doing that. It's not that he's purposefully fouling them per se, but he makes them have to worry about it, and that's on purpose and it's annoying and cheap.

I think Koscheck's actually gotten quite a few people though, right? I mean, I guess I don't have a problem with making him pull them back into a fist if that's the concern.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Liddell made that a thing.

Edit: I also found it funny that Dana didnt put on the belt.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    So Vitor gives Jon his toughest title defense so far.

Who would have thought?

Still hoping for Sonnen to blaze a trail through the division and fight Jones next year. Why? Because Chael Sonnen. That's why.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Matt Hamill passed Bones Jones in the hallway before the fight and whispered to him: 'sixteen....and one'

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Man, if that really happened, I now love Matt Hamill.

I mean, he knows he got his ass kicked, but still says that? Hilarious.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Also, according to Ron Kruck (ring reporter for HDNet Fights, news reporter for Inside MMA, etc), Vitor broke his hand in training, which at least explains his fight strategy.

It also proves American National World Treasure Chael P. Sonnen, yet again, right:
    Chael Sonnen is in full training camp right now. He's been training since he got offered the Jones fight. He said, 'I'm in full camp right now because Vitor will get hurt and pull out, and it will be Jones vs. Sonnen, anyway."

Only thing is Vitor was able to keep quiet about the injury.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Vitor probably realized that if he pulled out Dana White would bite off his own tongue. Or maybe Vitor's tongue. Sources are unsure.

Anyway, who's gonna make new thread?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i think a brit should make a thread that slobbers the dongs of all uk fighters.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Vitor probably realized that if he pulled out Dana White would bite off his own tongue. Or maybe Vitor's tongue. Sources are unsure.

Anyway, who's gonna make new thread?

i was gonna but now i'm injured

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i think a brit should make a thread that slobbers the dongs of all uk fighters.

I think I will pass actually...

• Options
    I'll make the new thread. Hang tight.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg