As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Borderlands 2: Mechromancer dropping today (Oct. 9)

IoloIolo ioloRegistered User regular
edited October 2012 in Games and Technology
Borderlands 2 is here!

http://youtu.be/ERe3wZdIAtc

http://youtu.be/oUu-FzRFYZA

http://youtu.be/nicvyhrmTDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8GbEvsk3_8

And now, standing on the shoulders of giants,

Borderlands
thread FIFTEEN!

(fourteen thirteen twelve eleven ten nine eight seven six five four three two one)

borderlands-2-wimoweh-trailer-1.jpg

Four new classes:
Salvador the Gunzerker -- Dual wields guns (any guns) Salvador's Skills
Maya the Siren -- Phaselock for crowd control, healing, damage Maya's Skills
Axton the Soldier Guy -- Snazzy turret Axton's Skills (Note: Do or Die is a 1 point skill, not 5.)
Zero the Loner -- Sword, sniper, sneaky Zer0's Skills
Gaige the Mechromancer -- Hulking robot summon, ponies Gaige's Skills

How about some gameplay from PAX (August 2012)?

http://youtu.be/BABlz-st7Pk

What else?

It's Steamworks. Very nice.

The original Vault Hunters are all be in game as NPCs, including a 'live' Lilith.

There's a dashing bad guy, Handsome Jack, who has taken over the Hyperion Corporation and built himself a moon base from which he can shoot down robot reinforcements.

Gun manufacturers are way more significant in the new game. Bandit weapons have huge magazines. When you reload a Tediore weapon you chuck it like a grenade and it explodes (the rocket launchers actually shoot a rocket). Maliwan is sexy and elemental. Vladoff weapons you can fire as fast as you can click/pull the trigger. Etc. Non-gun loot (grenades, mods, artifacts, skins, heads, etc.) is also be randomized and way more diverse than BL1. Grenades that create a mob-sucking singularity before exploding in corrosive acid and also giving transfusion health? Yes please!

Main game bank for storing items and transferring items between characters.

New currency: eridium. Can be used to buy inventory, ammo and bank upgrades on the black market.

Lots of new bad guys - mobs and bosses - including some that will evolve Pokemon style into much more dangerous forms if you don't kill them quickly.

Character skins and heads:
gaming_borderlands_2_screenshot_7.jpg

New element: slag! Slagged enemies are more susceptible to damage.

You can move while in Fight For Your Life mode - yay!

New end game raid boss -- Terramorphous the Invincible -- supposed to make Crawmerax look like a sea monkey.

Gearbox has committed to 4 DLC, along the lines of Knoxx in scope they say, by June of 2013. Price is $10 each (or comparable) and there is a season pass to get all 4 for $30.

And, oh yes, midgets on shields...

289450udz1.png

Lt. Iolo's First Day
Steam profile.
Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
Iolo on

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Play Co-op with PAers!

XBOX

@DevoutlyApathetic has created a new metatag for coop shootings and lootings: Bazillion Guns

PC - STEAM

Gearbox knows it didn't treat you right with BL1, baby. They want a second chance: a love letter for PC players...
    GBX_AdamF wrote: »

http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter

To our PC Borderlands fans :)

Oh, you want to play the game and not just tinker with the FoV slider? Steam Group Wangs Without Borders!

7bb7e824dfb8139d7081f5bf2dffbbb850b9f652_full.jpg

Want an invitation? Post a link to your steam profile (like this) in the thread.

Speaking of PC:
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the Willow Tree guy has updated his Borderlands 4 player difficulty tool to work with Borderlands 2.
    http://www.myborderlands.com/FourPlayers.aspx

The tool basically runs in the background and can set player count to a higher number. So, if you're bored with normal mode and think it's too easy you can set player count higher (from 2-4) for more spawns and higher enemy health making it much more challenging. It also has the wonderful side effect of making the loot drops much better since it's simulating a 4 player game. I've been using it for the past couple of days and it's turned some of the trivial sidequests into insane and awesome fights. :^:

PLAYSTATION THE THIRD

The illustrious @Triiipledot has begun compiling PS3 players:

Forum Name - PSN id
    Triiipledot - Spicosaurus
    Spicy_Rev - Spicy_RevofDC
    Cincitucky - Cincitucky
    Ed Gruberman - EdGruberman
    Ah_pook - Ah_Pook
    Rhesus Positive - RhesusPositive
    beaverboy - illogical_beaver

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    edited October 2012
    (Farewell Borderlands 1 info!)

Stuff! Info! Things!

What does red text on guns mean? Look here.

How about unique quest rewards for those seeking to maximize their PT2.5:
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Here's a list of all (?) the unique quest rewards (an their associated quests) that you probably want to avoid on PT2 so you can get their level 50 version on PT2.5.

Warning: SPOILERS
    http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150790
    Following is a list of all unique quest rewards thanks to TedioreCEO

Pistols:

Teapot - Quest reward from Tiny Tina "You are cordially invited"(unique)
    Judge - Drops from Assassin Oney in Southpaw Steam and Power(Unique)
    Rubi - Quest reward from Moxxi "Rakkaholic Anonymous" (Unique)
    Fibber - Quest reward from "A Real Boy" (Unique)
    Veritas - Quest reward from "Clan Wars: Wakey Wakey" (Unique)
    Flint's Tinderbox - Drops from Captain Flint (Unique)
    Gwen's Head - Found in a box near the Buzzard camp in The Dust (Unique)
    Lady Fist - Quest reward from Una Mailbox in "Uncle Teddy" (Unique)
    Dahlminator - Quest reward from "The Lost Treasure" (Unique)

Shotguns:

Thre Dog - Drop from Assassin Rouf in Southpaw Steam and Power (Unique)
    Triquetra - Quest reward from "Clan Wars: End of the Rainbow" (Unique)
    Moxxi's Heartbreaker - Quest reward from "Safe and Sound" (Unique)
    Shotgun 1340 - Quest reward from Marcus during "Out of Body Experience (Unique)
    Sunny Blockhead - Drops from Badass Creepers (Unique)
    Octo - Quest reward from "Slap Happy" (Unique)
    Roksalt - Quest reward from "Splinter Group" (Unique)
    Landscaper - Quest reward from "Family Fued: Dueling Banjos and Fiddles" (Unique)
    Tidal Wave - Quest reward from Hyperion Mailbox in "Uncle Teddy" (Unique)
    Teeth of Terramorphous - Drops from Terramorphous

Assault Rifles:

Scorpio - Quest reward from "Bearer of Bad News" (Unique)
    Evil Smasher - Quest reward from "The Chosen One" (Unique)
    Hail - Quest reward from "Bandit Slaughter: Round 5" (Unique)
    Stomper - Quest reward from "Hungery Like the Skag" (Unique)

Sniper Rifles:

Buffalo - Quest reward from "Demon Hunter" (Unique)
    Fremington's Edge - Drops from Assassin Reeth (Unique)
    Trespasser - Quest reward from "Animal Rights" (Unique)
    Sloth - Quest reward from Mordecai in "Rakkoholics Anonymous" (Unique)
    Morning Star - Quest reward from "Hyperion Contract #873" (Unique)
    Chère-amie - Quest reward from "Hyperion Slaughter: Round 5" (Unique)

Rocket Launchers:

Roaster - Quest reward from "Note to Self-Person" (Unique)
    Creamer - Quest reward from "Creature Slaughter: Round 5" (Unique)
    The Hive - Saturn, Arid Nexus (Unique)

SMGs:

Bane - Quest reward from "The Bane" (Unique) - WELL, MAYBE NOT THIS ONE :P
    Miss Moxxi's Good/Bad Touch - Both rewards from tipping Moxxi, no set amount, can be got constantly (Unique)
    Lascaux - Found in a pond in the caves in Frostburn Cavern, respawns (Unique)
    Chulainn - Quest reward from "Clan Wars" (Unique)
    Commerce - Drops from Assassin Wot in Southpaw Steam and Power (Unique)
    Bone Shredder - Drops from Bonehead 2.0 in Arid Nexus (Unique)

Shields:

Order - Quest reward from "BFFs" (Unique)
    Love Thumper - Quest reward from "Best Mother's Day Ever" (Unique)
    Deadly Bloom - Quest reward from "Helping Out Overlook" (Unique)
    Aequitas - Quest reward from "Clan Wars: Wakey Wakey" (Unique)
    1340 Shield - Quest reward from Dr. Zed in "Out of Body Experience" (Unique)
    Pot o' Gold - Quest Reward from "Clan Wars: End of the Rainbow" (Unique)
    Flame of the Firehawk - Quest reward from Lilith's Cult Mission (Unique)

Grenades:

Kiss of Death - Quest reward from "Hell Hath No Fury" (Unique)
    Fuster Cluck - Quest reward from "The Pretty Good Train Robbery" (Unique)
    Sky Rocket - Unlocked with Special Editions of BL2
    Breath of Terramorphous - Drops from Terramorphous

Relics:

Sheriff's Badge - Drops from Sheriff of Lynchwood (Unique)
    Deputy's Badge - Quest reward from "Showdown" (Unique)

List of Farmable Legendaries by weapon type (SPOILERS abound):

http://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/114dve/complete_guide_for_legendary_drop_locations_with/

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Okay so I responded in the last thread before I saw we switched.

7k damage at level 31 is balls, what the hell Phaselock.

Does the phaselock "orb" at least stick around for the full normal duration so you can take advantage of shit like Wreck?

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    So in honor of the new thread, I present the best shield to ever try and kill you:
    B50FFA86556DB48DDAC6B66941F7580A88CB300A

What is an "IED Booster", you might ask? Well, in this case, it's a booster that arcs gracefully through the air after spawning and spits out a string of electrical murder-bombs. Then it lands and spews out three more. And then when you think it's safe to approach, it spews out 3 more bombs. And every bomb has a huge blast radius and deals massive electrical damage.

Can these bombs kill you? YES. YES THEY CAN. And they have killed me, on multiple occassions already. It definitely makes fights considerably more... lively, since I hear that "beep" of the booster launching and immediately go into "OH SHIT WHERE DID IT GO?!" mode, running away as fast as I can. And if you'll notice, the booster drop rate is 15%, so those little bastards drop all the time.

EDIT: And the little boosters say "...all foxtroted up", by way of finishing up the "Situation normal..." bit. It's a damned terrifying shield.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2012
    @Masume is supposed to shoot mans with me. We are not shooting mans. Someone else shoot mans with me?

Edit: And on an unrelated note:

original.jpg

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Okay so I responded in the last thread before I saw we switched.

7k damage at level 31 is balls, what the hell Phaselock.

Does the phaselock "orb" at least stick around for the full normal duration so you can take advantage of shit like Wreck?

Nope! As a Level 31 Siren, I do 7k damage, which is like 1% of the HP bar of a boss or Badass, and I don't get the benefit of Wreck or Elated. Elated is how I regen HP, and Wreck is how I DPS, so I then die in short order.

Keep in mind that I have invested at least 20 skillpoints into skills that rely on Phaselock being active, and it still only does 7k damage.

The_Tuninator on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    New thread smell!

So when are we going to start trading/giving away items in here? I have a couple skins and heads I'm hanging on to for anyone who might not have them. It's not really worth selling them.

Steam: offday
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Re: Maya and phaselock not working on badasses. I figured I'd spec down toward "revive with phaselock" anyhow. I'm in the motion tree to start with, but I'll be budgeting points to get that revive skill. That'll probably be helpful in boss and badass-heavy fights.

camo_sig2.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    So in honor of the new thread, I present the best shield to ever try and kill you:
    PICTURE

What is an "IED Booster", you might ask? Well, in this case, it's a booster that arcs gracefully through the air after spawning and spits out a string of electrical murder-bombs. Then it lands and spews out three more. And then when you think it's safe to approach, it spews out 3 more bombs. And every bomb has a huge blast radius and deals massive electrical damage.

Can these bombs kill you? YES. YES THEY CAN. And they have killed me, on multiple occassions already. It definitely makes fights considerably more... lively, since I hear that "beep" of the booster launching and immediately go into "OH SHIT WHERE DID IT GO MODE!", running away as fast as I can.

It occurs to me that if you could get one of those that grants Immunity to Electric Damage, you would be like unto a god. (or whatever damage the IEDs do for the one you find)

Maddoc on
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Friend me on Steam, people. I need others to melt Stalkers with.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/PAEsh

edited September 2012
    jclast wrote: »
    Re: Maya and phaselock not working on badasses. I figured I'd spec down toward "revive with phaselock" anyhow. I'm in the motion tree to start with, but I'll be budgeting points to get that revive skill. That'll probably be helpful in boss and badass-heavy fights.

Res is fantastic, extremely satisfying, and fun as hell. Can't recommend it enough.

It just sucks when your only way to contribute meaningfully in a boss fight is by Res'ing a teammate when they go down and then cowering to make sure you stay alive because Phaselock doesn't do crap otherwise.

Again, please don't get the impression that Phaselock is useless; I have been getting great mileage out of it when it works. It's just frustrating when it doesn't work and all I get in return is crappy burst damage that won't even one-hit a normal enemy of equivalent level.

The_Tuninator on
    Someday I will find an orange...

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    PICTURE

Can these bombs kill you? YES. YES THEY CAN. And they have killed me, on multiple occassions already. It definitely makes fights considerably more... lively, since I hear that "beep" of the booster launching and immediately go into "OH SHIT WHERE DID IT GO MODE!", running away as fast as I can.

It occurs to me that if you could get one of those that grants Immunity to Electric Damage, you would be like unto a god. (or whatever damage the IEDs do for the one you find)

Yes, that absolutely did occur to me.

And as dangerous as the shield is, I just can't take it off. Between me shooting at the floor to ricochet bullets from a massive-damage liar gun into enemies, my turret firing hellacious strings of rockets into enemies, and that shield lobbing electrical death everywhere, it makes almost every fight one hell of a light and sound show.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    It is a little lame, but I'm a pretty defensive player anyhow. My wife plays an Axton, and if I can keep her and that sweet, sweet turret up then I'm doing a good job. Just need to find a way to keep us both flush with ammo, and I'll be set.

camo_sig2.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I would think a reasonable fix would be to like on bosses it doesn't effect just have it hit them and do the flat damage, then just stay out for the rest of its duration.

I wonder...did Gearbox ever do it buffs to skills in the first game? Forgot.

Dragkonias on

Res is fantastic, extremely satisfying, and fun as hell. Can't recommend it enough.

It just sucks when your only way to contribute meaningfully in a boss fight is by Res'ing a teammate when they go down and then cowering to make sure you stay alive because Phaselock doesn't do crap otherwise.

Again, please don't get the impression that Phaselock is useless; I have been getting great mileage out of it when it works. It's just frustrating when it doesn't work and all I get in return is crappy burst damage that won't even one-hit a normal enemy of equivalent level.

Seriously I thought people were just being whiny when they were complaining about phaselock, but if it only does that much damage at level 31 that is hilariously bad.

At level 25 I've seen launchers that do almost that much damage per shot.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    @Maddoc

I'm level 29 and I have a launcher that does 3500x3 for one ammo and has 3 shots a clip.

edited September 2012

Seriously I thought people were just being whiny when they were complaining about phaselock, but if it only does that much damage at level 31 that is hilariously bad.

I'll have to double-check my numbers later, but I was fighting a Level 30 boss, Phaselocked it, and only did (I think) something to the tune of 7.2k damage. In general, whenever I Phaselock an immune boss, the healthbar barely even ticks, and when I Phaselock an immune normal enemy (buzzards, threshers, etc) of equal level or even 2-3 levels lower than me it won't kill, just does maybe half their HP in damage.

Again, this is with over half my skillpoints being invested in Phaselock. You'd figure it would do more damage if I had that much wrapped up in it, right?

The_Tuninator on
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    All they have to do is make it a DoT instead of flat damage. That way all your skills would still work. Problem solved.

• thepizzaelementalthepizzaelemental Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I would think a reasonable fix would be to like on bosses it doesn't effect just have it hit them and do the flat damage, then just stay out for the rest of its duration.

I wonder...did Gearbox ever do it buffs to skills in the first game? Forgot.

Yes. Gearbox totally botched one of Roland's talents and fixed it in a patch. So I would imagine they'll do some work on this particular problem.

Seeing that picture of the hunters reminds me, I really need to find a good belt-fed LMG style bandit rifle that does decent per-shot damage. I need to make use of Metal Storm, damn it.

MH3: B77AE9 - Natou
    All they have to do is make it a DoT instead of flat damage. That way all your skills would still work. Problem solved.

Yeah, I'd like for the damage in exchange for the loss of the disable to be meaningful, but this is literally all they would have to do to make the skill still fun and viable in any situation.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    @Masume is supposed to shoot mans with me. We are not shooting mans. Someone else shoot mans with me?

Edit: And on an unrelated note:

original.jpg

Ahh that's awesome. I love TL2 even more now.

Steam: offday
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular

Yeah, I'd like for the damage in exchange for the loss of the disable to be meaningful, but this is literally all they would have to do to make the skill still fun and viable in any situation.

I wonder if there's some reason they didn't do this. It must have occurred to them at some point along the way.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

Sustenance, Life Tap, Scorn (Orb of Slag)

I constantly regenerate health with Sustenance and Life Tap without the use of Phaselock. My +3 Sustenance mod makes that regeneration even faster. In cases where my Phaselock doesn't work (which isn't that often), Scorn's Orb of Slag keeps up my damage potential. If I have Restoration I can also heal friends by shooting them. I tend to live longer than anyone else and I'm constantly useful to the team. I think I'll probably put my remaining points into the top four Motion skills for even more survivability.

I almost don't like recommending the Harmony tree because most of the Mayas I run into are heavy into the Cataclysm tree, making me feel like a special butterfly, but it's the one that has felt the most active and the one I've been enjoying the most.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Huh I have a rocket launcher where the rockets seem the hit nstantly after firing them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So are there any wikis or anything with the red text effects yet?

steam_sig.png
    Huh I have a rocket launcher where the rockets seem the hit nstantly after firing them.

Yeah, the "Toasty!" red text makes the rockets go super duper fast.

Like faster than bullets.

• ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    I found a wild purple assault rifle that is like a damn lazor beam! It has a 50 round clip and I empty it much much too fast! It's great for only level 13 ish!

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2012
    Dashui wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »

Sustenance, Life Tap, Scorn (Orb of Slag)

I constantly regenerate health with Sustenance and Life Tap without the use of Phaselock. My +3 Sustenance mod makes that regeneration even faster. In cases where my Phaselock doesn't work (which isn't that often), Scorn's Orb of Slag keeps up my damage potential. If I have Restoration I can also heal friends by shooting them. I tend to live longer than anyone else and I'm constantly useful to the team. I think I'll probably put my remaining points into the top four Motion skills for even more survivability.

I almost don't like recommending the Harmony tree because most of the Mayas I run into are heavy into the Cataclysm tree, making me feel like a special butterfly, but it's the one that has felt the most active and the one I've been enjoying the most.

Yeah, I'm aiming for those three skills, but I haven't finished out Harmony yet; I dipped into Motion first.

Glad to hear that Sustenance and Life Tap actually grant appreciable regen.

The_Tuninator on
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Also, Hi5 @karoz! Had a good time in my first ever co-op! I tend to roll much slower when solo!

steam_sig.png
  • OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular

I'll have to double-check my numbers later, but I was fighting a Level 30 boss, Phaselocked it, and only did (I think) something to the tune of 7.2k damage. In general, whenever I Phaselock an immune boss, the healthbar barely even ticks, and when I Phaselock an immune normal enemy (buzzards, threshers, etc) of equal level or even 2-3 levels lower than me it won't kill, just does maybe half their HP in damage.

Again, this is with over half my skillpoints being invested in Phaselock. You'd figure it would do more damage if I had that much wrapped up in it, right?

It sounds to me like 80% of the people using Phaselock are completely missing the point of the skill altogether. If it was any more powerful than it is it would be gamebreaking. It is the most versatile skill in the game. It needs some limitations or it would make the Siren an uninteresting juggernaut. The only thing I can think of that would fix the skill's limitations (I.E. threshers/buzzards) would be a talent in one of the skill trees that buffed you somehow while the skill was on CD.

• Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    I finally got around to beating the game-
    Glad that we didn't lose Mordecai and Brick but I played Roland a lot in BL1 so I'm still bummed he's gone. I was kind of hoping (this being borderlands and all) that Roland would pop up and be like, "I got better!"

Other than that, I fucking love this game. After discovering that the Vaults aren't limited to Pandora it makes me wonder if they'll go off planet for the next installment.

edited September 2012
    Oddfish wrote: »

It sounds to me like 80% of the people using Phaselock are completely missing the point of the skill altogether. If it was any more powerful than it is it would be gamebreaking. It is the most versatile skill in the game. It needs some limitations or it would make the Siren an uninteresting juggernaut. The only thing I can think of that would fix the skill's limitations (I.E. threshers/buzzards) would be a talent in one of the skill trees that buffed you somehow while the skill was on CD.

This argument just doesn't work for me, sorry.

Gearbox clearly doesn't think that Elated or Wreck triggering against very strong enemies is OP, because these skills work on plenty of bosses and Badasses. Why, then, are a specific subset of enemies immune to Phaselock to the point where not only does the skill fail, but also any abilities that are tied to Phaselock?

How is it OP if Phaselock and abilities work against a normal Buzzard but not if they work against a Story Mission boss?

The_Tuninator on
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I don't mind phaselock not holding some enemies down, and I understand why it shouldn't be able to lift a boss into the air and hold them useless for a time.

All I want is for the usual skills that go off when you have a phaselock. I don't think that would be too game breaking. The suggestion to change the damage you get from an immune enemy into a dot would be a great compromise, wouldn't even need any new effects, just give them the normal phaselock purple orb, but not hold the enemy in place.

Or even get rid of the damage all together, if it meant the skills always worked even on an immune enemy.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
    edited September 2012
    The damage is pretty much negligible against anything decently tough, so I wouldn't mind losing it at all. Blowing Buzzards 8 levels lower than you or at 5% HP out of the air is fun but that's about all it's good for when Phaselock doesn't trigger normally.

The_Tuninator on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    How about slowing bosses down to like, say, 50% speed with a phaselock instead of doing nothing

• Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Nope! As a Level 31 Siren, I do 7k damage, which is like 1% of the HP bar of a boss or Badass, and I don't get the benefit of Wreck or Elated.

Come on...

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    My copy for the 360 arrives tomorrow. Does Axton get an augmented reality visor/helmet a la Ghost Recon or a ghillie suit?

Tell me there is a beret somewhere.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    edited September 2012
    Nope! As a Level 31 Siren, I do 7k damage, which is like 1% of the HP bar of a boss or Badass, and I don't get the benefit of Wreck or Elated.

Come on...

I'm not a numbers guy, but it sure didn't feel like a satisfying contribution to the fight or a satisfying trade for the loss of my abilities, and ultimately I think that's what matters.

1% would also likely be a pretty high estimate.
    Inter_d wrote: »
    I finally got around to beating the game-
    Glad that we didn't lose Mordecai and Brick but I played Roland a lot in BL1 so I'm still bummed he's gone. I was kind of hoping (this being borderlands and all) that Roland would pop up and be like, "I got better!"

Other than that, I fucking love this game. After discovering that the Vaults aren't limited to Pandora it makes me wonder if they'll go off planet for the next installment.
    Hoping the same thing here too. There's still DLC! I really wish they'd bring him back. Sure, it'll undercut the emotional resonance a little, but as you observe, this is Borderlands. I want my big damn heroes to be Big Damn Heroes and shoot midgets in the face with homing shotguns while jumping Piss Wash Gulch.

Story was top-notch, though. Very well done by Gearbox.

The_Tuninator on
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I am here to shoot mans!

Also, zero has an awesome helmet that HAS to be Snake Eyes helmet from GI Joe resolute!

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume