As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Autumn is Awesome!!! [Fuck Yeah Fall!!!]

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Darn, I wanted to make a Halloween thread :(

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Darn, I wanted to make a Halloween thread :(
    It's isn't a fall megathead! Just wanted to cheer on the best of all seasons, way too early for a Halloween thread!

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    well alright then, waiting for October 1st

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    fall is pretty rad, yeah

all of my favorite activities are in the fall, or were, I guess, since I don't really do activities anymore???

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    fall is pretty rad, yeah

all of my favorite activities are in the fall, or were, I guess, since I don't really do activities anymore???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27R79_Mi5Hk

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I need friends that go outside. All my friends are like "let's stay inside and not do anything" and ffffffffffldfaj;sf

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want to do stuff this fall too!

Like to to Cedar Point next month.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I bought Twinings Winter Spice tea a few weeks ago

I refuse to open it until after October

It's still balls hot here

(I'm having tea anyway though)

I just got some hot chocolate packets.

MMmm.

Oh my brother has been drinking coffee a bit lately.

I'm thinking about pretty soon here getting him either a nice new coffee machine, grinder and beans... OR just ordering him a bottle of Black Blood of the Earth.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Oh my brother has been drinking coffee a bit lately.

I'm thinking about pretty soon here getting him either a nice new coffee machine, grinder and beans... OR just ordering him a bottle of Black Blood of the Earth.

@Smart Hero for posh coffee suggestions

I really want to enjoy the autumn season. Guys, give me a list of autumn related/themed things to do!

Harvest your crops.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Go to a cider mill, Muse!

Go to a cider mill.

Do it for me, in a ciderless country. /weeps

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Go on a hayride!or go on walks and take lots of pretty pictures!

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Depends a lot on what he likes and how he makes his coffee. You can get him a pretty nice basic hand-grinder and a pour-over filter for less than $60
    Hario Hand Mill
    and
    Hario v60 Pour Over

Alternatively, order him an interesting-sounding bag from Blue Bottle or Sightglass.

Abracadaniel on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hario is the bestest.

Muse after you go to a cider mill go pick apples in an orchard and then go to a pumpkin patch and make butternut squash soup (You also can't get butternut squash soup here).

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    yes pick apples! and go to a corn maze

• GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Ugh, where I live there is no apples. No corn maze. There's almost no agriculture within a 3 hour drive of here. Living in the great basin blows ass for fall.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
    I don't know where the great basin is but there are no corn mazes or apple orchards or cider mills here, either.

Let us go cry together Gafoto.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Reasons I love fall:
    There are a ton of trees out here and everything looks pretty in fall
    The smell of wood fire and leaf smoke
    I like my jackets!
    the stars are brighter out here

Fall is pretty much my favorite season. Yesterday my best friend and I went to a big fall 1800's recreation festivel and ate a ton of stew. And next week my friends and I are going to the apple orchard!

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    fall begins when candy corn goes on sale

god why do I like candy corn

Shabooty wrote: »

Theres always candy corn on sale at my local grocery store. Does that mean it is always fall?

have you tried the candy corn oreos? it is butts

and yet i still ate half a bag in one sitting

lostwords wrote: »

poor life choices

i mean, if they were just gonna shove candy in oreos, why couldn't they pick like starbursts or sour patch kids? or if they wanted something fall-ish, they should have picked like caramel apples or something. i'm just saying.

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    oh man i kinda wanna go pick apples

and do a corn maze, only did a corn maze once but it was fun!

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Wait, you guys don't drink cider in summer?

Lost you are missing out. It is like the hot sunny afternoon drink.

Blake T wrote: »

like hot cider? thatd be gross in the summer heat! you gotta heat that shit, then you add some whisky or brandy

if you're just talking cold apple juice, i lap that shit up

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    i mean, if they were just gonna shove candy in oreos, why couldn't they pick like starbursts or sour patch kids? or if they wanted something fall-ish, they should have picked like caramel apples or something. i'm just saying.

I had a caramel apple lollipop today

literally an apple lollipop with carmel around it

surprisingly fun

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    When I was in America I brought warm and sunny weather wherever I went. (Except for Seattle, but as I understand it, there is a hard limit of sunshine allowed in that place).

It was nice. Now I am back in Australia it has been cold and raining and lame. I am looking forward to it getting better for me.

BugBoy wrote: »

surprisingly fun
    how big was it? was it the size of a fist? I am picturing a candy apple, only all candy and just dipped in caramel

Blake T wrote: »

like hot cider? thatd be gross in the summer heat! you gotta heat that shit, then you add some whisky or brandy

if you're just talking cold apple juice, i lap that shit up

No cold stuff.

Really. Cider is a year round drink.

Maybe not so much spring.

have you ever had hot apple cider on a cold day? it is glorious. and yes, cold cider is delicious year round

Heck yes it's boss.

What I usually do though is apple juice, cinnamon, vanilla, cloves and nutmeg heat that, then when I serve the glass I hit it with brandy.

Oh and vanilla obvs

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »

surprisingly fun
    how big was it? was it the size of a fist? I am picturing a candy apple, only all candy and just dipped in caramel

regular lollipop sized, unfortunately

I do have a bunch of them though so maybe I can stick them together and pretend

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the first thing fall makes me think of is always eckert's farms

The thing about cider (she says, putting on her elitist hat) is that the actual cider mills typically only operate in the fall in the U.S. And even if they're open year-round fall's when the apples are best, anyway.

So if you want real, unpasteurized apple cider, you go in the fall.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    Also cider donuts

Oh my god would someone please send me cider donuts, I will do literally anything within the realms of the law

And I'm flexible on what counts as 'within'

RUVCwyu.jpg