As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHILD'S PLAY] Time to Mobilize Again: Chase Community Giving (Voting Over...)

JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in Social Entropy++
Alright, forums. This time, it's for all the marbles. A few months ago, we had a thread about Chase giving millions of dollars to various non-profits, and the nomination of said non-profits for a chunk of that cash. Well, nominations have finally been tabulated and, to the surprise of no one, Child's Play is in the running. Depending on voter turnout, number of votes, geographical location, etc., various non-profits will receive a percentage of 5 million dollars, and we here at Penny Arcade can make a large amount of that money go to sick kids with very, very little effort.

So, you might be asking, how can YOU help to get Child's Play a ton of money RIGHT at the beginning of the 2012 giving season? I'm glad you asked! It's stupidly simple:

Step 1: Go to https://chasegiving.com/charity/view/ein/20-3584556.

(Alternate Step 1: Go to www.chasegiving.com and search for "Child's Play". If you want to vote via Facebook, you can use this link, which can be shared.)

Step 2: Click on the big, green "VOTE" button.

Step 3: SHARE THAT MO FO WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW. Voting can also occur on Facebook by looking up the "Chase Giving" page (although, the official site is much more reliable). The more votes Child's Play gets, THE MORE MONEY THEY GET. This is important, so I'll say it again:

The more votes Child's Play gets in relation to all other non-profits, the more cash the charity, and ultimately those poor, sick children, will get.

Step 4: Get as many people to vote through bribes, harassment, blackmail, or guilt-tripping as possible. I suppose asking nicely will also suffice. The cut-off date for voting is SEPTEMBER 19, so we need to get on this, like woah. Also keep in mind, and this is important, that unlike the nomination phase, voting is open to EVERYONE, regardless of whether the person is a Chase customer or not. Keep in mind, though, that if you don't have a Chase account, you'll have to use the Facebook voting app, as the Chase Giving site requires a login.

Step 5: ???

Step 6: PROFIT!!!

So, what do you say? Lets start this Child's Play season off right: by adding a metric ton of money right off the bat.

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
JackKieser on

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    @Jackkieser
    The link in Alternate step 1 just takes me back to this thread. It's kind of funny considering its the alternate step and just takes you in a loop.
    Just about to vote now, we have to set up a login account? I guess that makes sense. Would be easier to share if people could just vote without having to sign up.

Uh, it wants my social security number. I may be showing my ignorance here but I think as an Australian I don't exactly have one of those.

Might have to vote via facebook.
    Congratulations to child's play for being the cause of the only app I have allowed my facebook page to run.

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok, I don't know what the heck was up with that link. I even deleted it and typed the url code manually, and it still just redirected here. Weird.

As for the needing to register... I hadn't been told about that, actually; my superiors never mentioned that, and I didn't see a login screen on my end (probably because I'm persistently logged into the site). It's possible that out-of-country people would need to vote on FB since it doesn't ask for any other special information, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Ok, so Chase engineers are stupid in and out of the office, apparently. The Chase site has all sorts of cookies stuff going on, but I was able to add a persistent link to the FB page to the OP. Feel free to use that, as it doesn't ask for anything but permission to link to your page.

JackKieser on

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Ooh. That facebook link you posted is your referral link, right? I didn't use it since it wasn't working when I tried, so I found the page myself. I guess people won't need to use mine then.

edit: AW. Our extra referral votes can't go to the same charity? BOOO.

Also the sign up thing sounds like you need to do it either way, no matter if you're international or not? It wants a social security number which, I think, only Americans have?

Morblitz on
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    C'mon new job. I hope I bring in the phat dollars so I can buy fun things for sick kids.

E: just editing because every other post in this thread has been edited.
    double edit: My post has nothing to do with the OP. Because I didn't even read OP and just started banging away at the keyboard instead. No one is surprised.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I can't help myself, I edit all my posts.
    See?

Morblitz on
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    You may not have to be a Chase customer, but it looks like you at least need to have an account login with them, as it just dumps me to a login page if I click the link or type in the url manually.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Voted and forwarded the link on Facebook.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Yeah Jack it seems we need a Chase online user ID to vote on the chasegiving.com site.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    That's frustrating. Corporate does not do a good job of informing us of these things. If you aren't a chase customer, just use Facebook. I'll update the op to reflect that when I'm not at work. :p

• Options
    What is this? Only 46 votes? Come on, we can do better than that. :P

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I linked it to my facebook with an appeal post. But if it's any more complicated than re-linking a Kony 2012 video, and being personally credited for Fixing Africa, people tend to not do anything.
    I mean, voting was stupidly easy.

Morblitz on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Have you e-mailed Mike and/or Jerry and/or PM'ed Sir Robert Khoo about this? I'm not sure if they'd want to use their influence to try and take over the vote, but it's worth a shot to maybe bring some more exposure to it.

• Options
    I have not done so, no. I will do that.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Any chance of getting this stickied on the other forums? I know there's a lot of people who don't venture into SE++ for various reasons.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I hope so. There's only 3 days left! T_T

EDIT: Holy crap, the top spot as 24,000 votes! That's a lot... but hell, something tells me that we could totally reach that. Hell, if everyone who logged onto just the forums tomorrow voted, we'd hit that, easy.

JackKieser on

• Options
    We can probably unsticky this now. Voting ended on the 19th, and we managed... 60 votes total. :( Unfortunately, because it's a comparative poll, I have no idea if that means CP will get any money. Only 195 total charities nationwide will get any, so... Here's hoping.

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    We're young Americans. We don't vote.

EyQGd.jpg