As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marines [PC LP]

MycLPMycLP Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Games and Technology
256px-Warhammer_40000_Space_Marine_cover.jpg
Picture found on Google Images.

What is Warhammer 40K: Space Marines?
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is a third-person action video game developed by Relic Entertainment and published by THQ. It was released for the PC (Microsoft Windows), Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on September 6, 2011 in North America and September 9, 2011 in Europe.

Space Marine is set in Games Workshop's dystopian Warhammer 40,000 universe, originally introduced in 1987 and featured in numerous novels, comics and video games, in addition to the core tabletop wargame, since. The game features the iconic Space Marines as well as Orks (only as campaign/co-op enemies) and the powers of Chaos.

Summary?
The game opens with a computer screen discussing the course of action to take regarding Graia, an Imperial Forge World constructing Titan war machines and now under alien invasion. Multiple options are considered, and since the world is considered too valuable for Exterminatus yet a full military fleet would not arrive in time, it is decided to deploy Space Marines – huge, heavily armored super-soldiers enhanced with genetic therapy, new organs and such – of the Ultramarines Chapter to secure the Titans while a liberation fleet makes its way there. The nearby 203rd Cadian Regiment of the Imperial Guard is also redirected to Graia.

If you would like to watch the videos a playlist has been created here

Or you may preview the first 2 Parts of this LP:
If you would like to share your opinion on this LP in anyway, feel free to.

(Just incase - You will notice it is in 480p, I have a very slow upload speed, 480p is the most I can manage)

MycLP on

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Man, I enjoyed this game a bunch. Don't even play 40k.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    It was incredibly fun, even if your not into their other games like the Dawn of War series.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Pfft. Space Marines. They always show up, guns blazing in the middle of a battle and steal all the glory from us guardsmen.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a summary execution to attend.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I would actually love to play this game, but there's this weird bug where the game constantly shifts in and out of slow-motion ever since one of the patches. Sad face.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    I know what your talking about, I think I uninstalled all the patches so the game wouldnt have that bug.

@Manwiththemachinegun Hey, I'm not that kind of guy - I don't just off my guardsmen for not saluting, were casual around here.

• Options
    KantorKantor Registered User new member
    Really underrated game. I honestly think it's better than recent releases in the Dawn of War series.

I'd like to see a sequel, especially one in which I could play as a Chaos Lord in the main campaign.

• Options
    Same, but with the ending it would have to have a similar style to Half life 1's expansions, where instead of titus, you play as someone else, like inquisator Drogan before meeting Titus.

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I would actually love to play this game, but there's this weird bug where the game constantly shifts in and out of slow-motion ever since one of the patches. Sad face.

Turn off V-Sync and it's gone.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Utterly fantastic, completely underrated game. Playing it it 1080p maxed out on the PC is a revelation.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    This came out a few days before my birthday last year. It was like Relic's gift to me.

My only complaint is that there is not more of it to play. I loved the shit out of every minute single and multi.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    @Klyka Really? Well damn. That makes the uninstalling of patches useless.

MycLP on
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Playing it right now on hard, Nobz are mean.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    The achievement for completing the 1st part, on hard, in one sitting without dying was...rough but I feel good about having done it.

EDIT: The Emperor Protects is the name.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Oh, it doable, but I'm worried the games going to get a lot harder. This is my first real, non-demo playthrough. Died a few times, but always feels like my fault. (don't scope while squigs are around...)
    Things to worry about, so far:
    1.Nobz.
    2.Bunch of shooters plinking away at you as you cleanse fools.
    3.Squigs
    4.All of the above.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/