As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

diablo 3: because browsing the auction house until pee-poo out of control is so fun

196979899100102»

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    maritzac wrote: »
    Um so I have a wiz, should I watch for the patch to try and beat Belial or should I do it right now??

Definitely now if you are critical mass specced (because that build is getting the nerf bat, sorta) otherwise doesn't matter. Meteor is really powerful against him, so maybe wait?

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    BSoB wrote: »
    On the monk front,
    They nerfed 2 defensive passives, with an ominous warning about a 3rd.
    Then they buffed 2 other defensive passives.
    I won't lie, a passive 75% DR while jailed may just mean I never die again, might be worth giving up ~1k armor for.

also,
    Great, you bumped our cooldown reduction. Were you aware that we don't have offensive abilities that have cooldowns? (alright, alright, to be fair, seven sided strike has a cooldown, and does damage).

It is a bit of a mixed message. I don't think they made defensive skills seem less mandatory for monks, they just changed which defensive skills i'll be using.

/rant off.

The good news is my wife's WD is getting a pretty strong survival buff, which makes me crazy happy.
    Are monks actually getting nerfed, or are they getting the same defensive ability nerfs everyone else is getting combined with the monster damage nerf that actually puts them ahead in terms of mitigation?

As an overall, it is not a nerf. Individual abilities are getting nerfed, to make them less mandatory. Cool, i'm with them so far. Defensive abilities boring and bad. Now lets look at what they want us to use more than we do now. We will identify these by them being buffed.

Blinding flash(buffed by the CC change). K, that's a defensive ability.
    Pacifism. K, defensive.
    Near death experience.. Defensive.

Beacon of Ytar, Hey, a CD reduction! oh, all of our CDs are defensive.

Mostly, i don't care. But if they goal was to have us use less defensive abilities, the mark, she be missed.

This discussion has been closed.