As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Do we do that Oscars thing for the Emmys? We ought to do that Oscars thing for the Emmys.

1235»

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Marth wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    There's really no reason to get butthurt that a great show and some great actors didn't win some awards. How do you think the cast of Mad Men feels?
    going to go out on a limb here

mad?

I'm saying that Cranston has won 3, Paul has won 2, and the show is fairly close to being a shoe-in for best drama next year when it'll have wrapped up.

Gonna get off-topic here for a second

Is it shoe-in or shoo-in?

I've always thought it was "shoo"

As in shooing something into a place

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    also we got a new TV yesterday and we left it on while we were putting the stand together

Glee was on, a season 3 episode

that show has some of the worst effing dramatic writing of all time

it can still be kind of funny! but maaaaaaaaaaaaan

'your brother is waiting for you...why don't you tell him how you feel in the purest way you can?!'

cue Somebody That I Used To Know cover

Ryan Murphy is literally the worst

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Oh yeah that's pretty bad. It would have looked bad if Game Change won all sorts of individual awards but not its category, though.

I haven't seen Game Change (and am looking forward to), so I can't say with certainty it deserved it, but I know from first- and second-hand experience Sherlock is wonderful.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Bow to your overlord of guessing correctly, Jars! Jars guessed 10 correct Emmy winners, beating out Arand who was in 2nd place with 7.

Yaya had 6 even though late and annoyingly formatted, I counted anyhow.
    Tom and I each guessed 4 right.
    Tynic brought up the rear with 2 correct guesses.

That is all.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I meant to say @Jars

Whoops!

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Bow to your overlord of guessing correctly, Jars! Jars guessed 10 correct Emmy winners, beating out Arand who was in 2nd place with 7.

That is all.

woooooooooooo

even outside of my comfort zone I do okay

I gotta bring the fucking heat for the Oscars this year though

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I didn't even prepare a victory speech

I want to thank myself for not watching tv and thus having no biases

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I am super bummed Bryan Cranston didn't win his 4th Emmy this year. The rest was okay, though the Jon Cryer win was extremely odd.

iwantanswers3.png
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular

That is all.

burn in HELL, jars

I'll see you all for the 2012 susan smith blackburn prize

thenews.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    There's really no reason to get butthurt that a great show and some great actors didn't win some awards. How do you think the cast of Mad Men feels?
    going to go out on a limb here

mad?

I'm saying that Cranston has won 3, Paul has won 2, and the show is fairly close to being a shoe-in for best drama next year when it'll have wrapped up.

Gonna get off-topic here for a second

Is it shoe-in or shoo-in?

I've always thought it was "shoo"

As in shooing something into a place

This expression purportedly comes from the practice of corrupt jockeys holding their horses back and shooing a preselected winner across the finish line to guarantee that it will win. A “shoo-in” is now an easy winner, with no connotation of dishonesty. “Shoe-in” is a common misspelling.

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    I am super bummed Bryan Cranston didn't win his 4th Emmy this year. The rest was okay, though the Jon Cryer win was extremely odd.

The Emmys hate good comedy.

jkZziGc.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    that was my plan all along