As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dead or Alive 5 out 9/25 now with more Virtua Fighter

deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Games and Technology
That's, like, tomorrow!

What is doa5? Well, it's a fighting game that's mostly about girls not wearing many clothes. I'm not posting any pictures because I don't want to get banned.

Beyond that it's the latest entry in the world's 4th most popular 3d fighting game franchise (behind Tekken, SoulCalibur, and Virtua Fighter). It's pretty different from all those games though (um, except for the part where this game has some Virtua Fighter characters in it.) It's also the best looking 3d fighting game series, in terms of technical proficiency.

The last DoA I played was 2, on the Dreamcast. But this one is supposed to be pretty good so I'll probably pick it up. Maybe you should think about it as well.

deadonthestreet on

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Pretty sure there's an existing thread on it.

Me, after Dead or Alive: DS and Ninja Gaiden 3, as well as the lackluster PS3 ports of the...good...Ninja Gaiden games, I'm not wholly convinced Team Ninja is actually capable of making games that don't kind of suck, much less very good like they used to. Also, apparently The Other M sucked, but that had more to do with the Metroid guy.

Still, I have DoA4, which is still the best tag team fighter pretty easily (I suppose DoA2:U might give it a run for its money). And apparently DoA5 is NOT missing tag team mode, which is good news. Hopefully it does well.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Word on the streets is that the net code is no good

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Ouch. That was a major strike against KOFXII (and some of the SC games, if I remember correctly).

• iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    Edge gave it a 6, said it was just a prettier DOA 4. This coupled with them saying there is little single player modes (compared to the raft in DOA 3DS) has made me cancel my preorder. I was really looking forward to this too but there's not enough content here to make me turn my head from borderlands 2!